Olddaddy

Scams on Grindr

3 hours ago, Moses said:

That directly question may be offending for Thai. "Do you expect some financial compensation?" sounds more acceptable.

Or you could say something along the lines of, ' I am a generous  guy...', and see what reply you get.

2 hours ago, Moses said:

Yeah, a lot of Russians and Ukrainians are there, some even filled application to work in Siamroads :) Unfortunately, only Thai may work in tourism sector as guides by Thai law.

I seem to recall that you got round that by classifying them as 'companions'? ie Andy. 

3 hours ago, Moses said:

It is just result of their weak English + compensation of uncertainty. Than shorter is sentence, then it sounds more rude, but at the same time than it is shorter, then less chance to make mistake in English :) Also Russian language sounds quite harsh.

They need to smile more and relax their facial muscles. I personally enjoy them, once their muscles down there loosen up, relax and dilated, their face blush in pink/red shades, this when you find a true sweet Russian/Ukraian boy.

Obesity is a disease.  The science about that is becoming much more clear with GLP1 medications like Ozembic, etc.  I do not think that it is appropriate to mock people for a disease.  If people in these photos had access to current medications, they could probably slim down and be healthier.  

Rude behavior is what earned the Ugly American stereotype, and is the primary complaint about some Russian tourists.  Rudeness, unlike obesity, really is a character flaw.

image.thumb.jpeg.4cbb71a1830aa71bd0adbe67efb25d4f.jpeg

Vladimir Putin has a new heavy to help lead his troops in eastern Ukraine. The Russian dictator just brought an obese general out of retirement to aid in his country’s battle in the region, after the loss of other senior officers since Russia invaded its neighbor in late February, according to a report. The beefy new military honcho, only identified as Gen. Pavel, 67, will lead Russian special forces in the region after the previous commander was seriously injured in an artillery strike, according to London’s Daily Star.

3 hours ago, reader said:

according to London’s Daily Star.

Strange you don't quote "Sun" :))) 
There are no such generals in Russian army, "Pavel" isn't even Russian family name - it is Czech family name (you may check Czech president).

Men on photo wearing "hand made" uniform and I have no idea why "trustworthy" British newspaper show him as Russian (lie as usual, right?). 

Russian general's uniform looks like this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniforms_of_the_Russian_Armed_Forces

gener.thumb.jpg.6ef5f5de984466ff304c3401ec4c276a.jpg

5 hours ago, Travelingguy said:

Obesity is a disease.  The science about that is becoming much more clear with GLP1 medications like Ozembic, etc.  I do not think that it is appropriate to mock people for a disease.  If people in these photos had access to current medications, they could probably slim down and be healthier.  

Rude behavior is what earned the Ugly American stereotype, and is the primary complaint about some Russian tourists.  Rudeness, unlike obesity, really is a character flaw.

I said that to my doctor when I started gaining weight.....he said...."basically.... basically..it's simple ...stop eating too much !!!

On 5/11/2024 at 11:02 AM, Draden said:

Somewhat related question ... I have a meetup tonight with someone from Grindr. Their profile says "No MB," 

I take it as they don't want to be contacted by MB's offering their services. 

As somebody mentioned above never assume anything when engaging with guys from apps until is over but it is safe to assume that when guy is looking for money he will let you know at one point so better be prepared with some cash

12 hours ago, vinapu said:

I take it as they don't want to be contacted by MB's offering their services. 

As somebody mentioned above never assume anything when engaging with guys from apps until is over but it is safe to assume that when guy is looking for money he will let you know at one point so better be prepared with some cash

Surely it is more likely to mean that they are not Money Boys, if they are posting pics of themselves, young and attractive? They would hardly be paying for an MB?

10 hours ago, reader said:

There' a very simple way to determine whether we can expect our date to be MB: ask ourselves if we'd have sex for free if our date looked like us.

Look like us? 
Damn. You lefties sure are discriminatory. 

I don't know what you look like, but my Thai boyfriend is under 20, handsome, tall, kind and has a job far away from the gay scene. I don't pay for anything. Well I do like to treat him from time to time. But that's my choice. 

42 minutes ago, gayinpattaya said:

Look like us? 

I don't know what you look like, but my Thai boyfriend is under 20, handsome, tall, kind and has a job far away from the gay scene. I don't pay for anything. Well I do like to treat him from time to time. But that's my choice. 

I’m under 20, tall, handsome and kind. Wanna’ fool around?

7 hours ago, gayinpattaya said:

Look like us? 

You left out he works at the TBMI.....also, we know you don't pay for anything, you still owe me a cheeseburger.

On 5/11/2024 at 1:21 PM, zombie said:

My view: you are entitled to assume he's not a MB.

No need ask "how much".

Thanks for the advice, all. Long story short, he wasn't, so I'm glad I didn't ask "how much." 

17 hours ago, gayinpattaya said:

Look like us? 

Hopefully you still pay your share

On 5/13/2024 at 4:24 AM, reader said:

There' a very simple way to determine whether we can expect our date to be MB: ask ourselves if we'd have sex for free if our date looked like us.

Well I have a big dick but they can’t see it. Other than that going for me, I’m old and ugly.

7 hours ago, floridarob said:

It's all relative...when I'm in Thailand or other parts of Asia I frequently hear..."you big".....but when in Brasil I feel like a child 😝

That's why I do not consider Brasil... I prefer things that fit 😉

On 5/11/2024 at 12:02 AM, colmx said:

I usually tell them that i work in computer crime and fraud detection for Europol... for some unknown reason they suddenly lose interest!

I do the same, works well, and it's not even a lie in my case 😉