Gay Thailand
This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.
Subforums
11,067 topics in this forum
-
The Thai Air service was very poor during the airport closures, and it isn't getting any better. I had two flights (roundtrip Ubon to Bangkok) that were cancelled during the airport closures. Now 30 days later I still have no refund on my credit card. To make matters worse, there seems to be no way to contact Thai air. Their number that said "try your call later" all during the closures, now just provided a busy signal...forever. Their service in the air is quite good at Thai, but there service to the flyer on the ground sucks!!
-
- 9 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
The following appears in the PATTAYA DAILY NEWS: _____ NEW LAW CRIMINALISES NORWEGIANS BUYING SEX IN PATTAYA A Norwegian law which came into effect 1st January 2009 makes it a crime for Norwegians to buy, but not to sell, sex in Norway and abroad. The implications for Norwegian citizens engaging in such nefarious activities in Pattaya are still unclear. The main target for the legislation is the streets of Norway’s capital, Oslo, where the Norwegian authorities say they want to stamp out prostitution by targeting clients rather than prostitutes. Norwegian citizens caught paying for prostitutes at home or abroad could face a hefty fine or a six-month priso…
-
Doug has posted this on GayTingTong: from GayBoyThailand report and photo essay... On "Gay Boy Thailand" blog there is quite a revealing photo essay on the emergency exits at a popular gay night club in Bangkok. I must admit that I'm not always aware of adequate exits when I'm in a club. How do Pattaya bar's rate? http://gayboythailand.com/bangkok-thailand...on-fire-safety/ http://gayboythailand.com/bangkok-thailand/ (scroll down to read January 3rd report) http://gayboythailand.com/bangkok-thailand...afety/#comments (scroll UP to see report & photos) -------------------- tj
-
A few weeks ago someone mentioned the new restaurant on South Pattaya in front of Center Condo. My Thai friend and I ate there for lunch today. We both had the a tuna sandwich which comes with french fries. 89 bant. All the soft drinks are 29 baht and I noticed that they sell a glass of wine for 89 baht also. We both thought the sandwich was good. The menu seemed very reasonable. It is loaded with Thai food and the salads looked good (menu pictures). The only down side today is that it took almost 25 minutes to get our sandwich.
-
For those in Bangkok - or thinking of adding a medical check-up to their trip here - Bumrungrad Hospital has recently moved its regular check-up 'station' to the 11th floor in the new annexe building. It's all rather like a nice conveyor belt with even a small breakfast room so you can eat and drink something (included in the cost) after the ultrasound and x-rays. The complete package (recommended for over 40's) costs Bt. 13,000 (approx. US$375). It takes around 4 hours. A doctor will go through all the test results with you at the end. A full paper report is available within 24 hours. What I did not discover till I got there, however, is that there is a 10% di…
-
I have eaten there many times and really enjoyed my food. I love the buffet. Last night I wandered by and saw GayButton there. He has always been an avid fan of the place. My question is this, while I do enjoy the food there a great deal, do most of you that go there have Thai boys that also enjoy it? I am much easier to please than my Boy Special.
-
Restaurant Swiss Food - South Pattaya :-) On Christmas Eve, my bf and I were in Pattaya. In the prior weeks, I had surgery and was not sure if we would be in Pattaya for the holidays. The Christmas Eve Dinner at The White Knight in Sunee was booked full for both seatings. So we headed out of Sunee area for a walk...looking for dinner opportunity. Happily, we found the "Restaurant Swiss Food" Cafe along our path... and was delighted at the meal we enjoyed together on Christmas Eve. Located at 175/29-31 Soi Diamond...in South Pattaya between Second Road and Walking Street. (runs parallel to South Pattaya Rd one soi/block South). They had a Special…
-
I have been to both bars 3 times in the last several days. I had a good time in them and enjoyed the cabaret shows. They both had few gogo boys and none I wanted to take home with me. I remember My Way from years ago with tons of boys on stage. Last night they were limited to less than 20 that were working. The other night, there was 16. Perhaps many were taken off early but I am not sure. I did notice the crowd was mostly straight couples in for a drink. Tangmo had a few cute boys on stage and it looked to be a mostly gay group of boys. These bars had few customers in them and they need our support. If in Phuket, drop by and have a drink. Prices ar…
-
I spent 7 great weeks in Thailand and Bali this past Oct/Nov 2008. Stayed at Two-Guys guesthouse again, Stewart being a most gracious host and full of valuable info, even for a frequent vistor as myself (7th trip). My favorite bars in Pattaya are Krazy Dragon and Happy boys, but I'm not a drinker, just going for the "entertainment" and scenery. One of my favorite restuarants for farang food is the White Knight buffet, and the foot trafic on the street outside is most entertaining, what a "freak show" at times! Having left before the airports closed, the only trouble I had was with my rented motobike. My boyfriend warned me several times that he needed a helmet, but I …
-
Maybe Googie is moving back to the O’brien location? The last business, “Take Me” did not last long and I am sure Mosiak is looking for a new tenant. Men have been doing work at the location. Perhaps someone that knows Googie can ask if he is moving back.
-
While driving home from dinner tonight I was amazed to see a really big sign with Obama's face on it. I looked closer and saw it was one of the big home supply places advertising "Obama Sale". I have no idea what the point of the sign is but since it is a large chain store I guess it might be something going on across Thailand. Why does the next President of the USA have this effect on the world?
-
During the last week or so some of the bar owners or bar managers told me many boys had gone back to their village for the New Year celebration. Some also promised that many "new" boys were coming to work after the New Year. So in a few days we should see............ Any bets?
-
This morning my Thai Friend went out to check the rat glue traps that we occasionally need to put out in the garden. In addition to 2 rats we also caught a small bird. He came running into the house to get scissors, ear buds, and soap. I looked outside to see what he was doing and I saw him trying to gt the glue off the small bird. I went out and took a look. I told him I didn't think the bird could survive, but he insisted we needed to give the bird a chance. I went back in and about an hour later I went out again and was amassed at the progress. A few minutes later he put the bird on the lawn and it ran around flapping its wings and to my astonishment the small bird too…
-
Saw this e-mail from Singapore Air... prices INCLUDE all taxes/fees :-) I do not think these special fares earn miles... but prices are great!.. and the San Francisco departure to BKK.... requires 2 to fly to get the special price. tj ----------------------------------------------------- Great Fares on SingaporeAir.com See below for special fares from our gateway cities. http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/c ... /index.jsp SingaporeAir.com Fares Price Destination Purchase Dates Travel From $728* LAX - Tokyo 12/26/08-1/31/09 1/12/09-3/31/09 From $748* SFO - Hong Kong 12/8/08-1/16/09 1/19/09-3/31/09 From $723* IAH - Moscow 12/2…
-
Does any forum member know where the overnight bus from Mukdahan to Pattaya terminates ? I know the Ubon-Pattaya bus terminates on 3rd road near Carrefour. Maybe the same place ? Also an arrival time in Pattaya would be helpful
-
It seems that this message board has become much busier over the last several weeks. Is it GayThailand's promotion or are some people becoming a little tired of the nastiness that appears to always happen on at least one other Board? I have started to make this Board the first I read and I am finding that I tire of the nastiness on xxx. One of the other Boards I also enjoy is Ting Tong. They have a few that post some really good pictures.
-
"Boyztown 1998-2008, an autobiography Michael Burchall Boyztown 1998-2008..as reported on GayAffairsPattaya: http://www.gayaffairspattaya.com/index/boy...998_to_2008.htm "Boyztown 1998 to 2008": an autobiography by Michael J Burchall from www.gayaffairspattaya.com The long-awaited autobiography by former Cockpit Bar and Topman owner, Michael Burchall, is now available to buy from most Boyztown venues. The book recounts his life story and experiences in England and Thailand. How Boyztown developed and a history of the various businesses in "the street". There are thoughts for the future and a listing of all known Pattaya gay bars fro…
-
- 4 replies
- 2.4k views
-
-
The following appears in the BANGKOK POST: _____ Pub Operated Illegally Owner, Others Facing Charges of Flouting Law By: MANOP THIP-OSOD and APIRADEE TREERUTKUARKUL Owner Wisuk Setsawat and others responsible for the Santika pub, which caught fire on Thursday causing the loss of 59 lives, will face legal action for admitting underage revelers, letting its insurance lapse and not having an operating license. Deputy national police chief Pol Gen Jongrak Chuthanont said the owner of Santika on Ekamai road applied for an operating licence in 2004, but the request was rejected because construction was unfinished at the time. The owner then aske…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
I stayed at the Holiday Inn a few weeks back and loved it. The place is hip and fashionable. It is clean and the room I had was spacious. They did not question when I brought a guy home with me. The price was slightly over 4k baht a night and the decoration of the hotel is excellent. They share the Sunday buffet with the Intercontinental Hotel next door and it is my favorite in Bangkok other than the Four Seasons. The bathroom was excellent with an amazing waterfall shower that I didn't want to leave. The prices for Internet and laundry are the same as the Intercontinental as they are the same company and all done by same people but sometimes you can get…
-
- 12 replies
- 2.4k views
-
-
True has introduced a NEW INTERSIM calling card / sim card: I have used it for a month now and am saving BAHT when I make calls using my mobile... with INTERSIM card from True....The sim card costs 49 Baht and is available at mobile vendors. Make sure it is an INTERSIM card and comes in a special post card size envelope packet... which folds out for instructions...along with the sim card from TRUE. To call international...you dial an access number...then when voice prompted by the computer, enter the number you want to call...wait and the call is connected...easy to use....once you learn the steps. 1 baht/min calls good thru March 31, 2009....aft…
-
The new Marriott opened right across from the Holiday Inn. It is very nice and clean and brand new. The pool is beautiful and the fitness center is fine. The restaurant is good and tasty. The front desk staff is friendly and they do not mind you bringing home a friend. The cost for the rooms are right now around 100 US which is a good rate IMHO. My room had a balcony that overlooked the water.
-
- 0 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
Happy New Year, folks! Here's what La Cage has to offer:
-
This from the BBC website updated around 4:00 this morning. "At least 53 people have been killed in a fire in a nightclub in the Thai capital, Bangkok, police say. More than 100 others were injured in the blaze, which broke out as people celebrated the New Year. Witnesses said bodies were laid out on the pavement in front of the club, named as the Santika, in central Bangkok's Thong Lor district. "Police said they were investigating what sparked the fire in the two-storey building, an upmarket nightclub. "'We were all dancing and suddenly there was a big flame that came out of the front of the stage and everybody was running away,' one woman told Reuters n…
-
I know that there have been many warnings about this. I know many people think it only happens to others. Today I received a call telling me that a good friend had been arrested through a sting operation. It is not for me to give the details but I want to give a warning to others. Make sure that you absolutely DO NOT take anyone home without making sure that they are 18 or over. Under no circumstance take their word for it. Do not fall for any claim of forgetting, losing, etc. If the picture does not look like the person on the id, once again do not take their word that it is them. Remember that their are several groups (NGO's) that are pushing very hard fo…
-
It came close to happening right here in Pattaya. A fire broke out at the Central Festival (Big-C shopping center) in North Pattaya. Fortunately, no one was hurt. Rather than reprint the story, I am providing the link. There are plenty of photos: http://www.pattayadailynews.com/shownews.p...NEWS=0000008140 The most frightening part of the story, in my opinion, is the part that mentions there is no fire alarm system in the shopping center.