Gay Thailand
This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.
Subforums
11,067 topics in this forum
-
Hello all, you have a great forum here and it is always fun and informative to read..... I will be making my first trip to Thailand in late April. With your help previously I have selected the hotel (Ambiance), however, am trying to decide what the best way is to get from airport to the hotel. Hotel offers R/T service for 4800 Baht, however, other articles have indicated that just getting a taxi at the airport is much less expensive. Thoughts? Not sure how much I want to worry about couple hundred baht here and there, really am not good about bickering over the occasional dollar or two,however, would rather save a little if possible and use more as ti…
-
On my recent bike trip, I saw so many amazing temples across Thailand and my desire to learn more about them and the people who live there increased dramatically. I have never studied the Buddhist religion and I do want to learn more about it. I found an interesting program that allows for English speakers to live as a monk for a month to learn about the religion and the life of a monk. It sounds like a fascinating program. Has anyone ever done anything like this? Heard of other programs geared toward English speakers? http://www.monkforamonth.com/
-
I have been living in Ubon for nearly a year (April last year), and have really enjoyed living here. But, today is the first day that I would call it Cold. It has always cooled down in the evening, more so since mid October, but this morning I would actually call it cold ( I don't hae a good thermometer, but guess upper 40's??? All the locals are outside standing around small "campfires" or charcoal with jactkets trying to get warm,). I am usually up early in the morning, and today it is several degrees cooler than any other day. Yesterday was windy, which didn't allow it to warm up much. I planted a garden in May, and only the corn survived...the rest grew for …
-
I woke up to a chilly 58 degrees F in Pattaya. Nice waking up weather but chilly for the Thais. I had a nice walk along the beach with people covered up for winter.
-
- 6 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
Decided to check out Tom Yung the other night. Guess it's not the newest bar anymoresince it appears Holiday 2 is reopening. But Holiday 2 won't be getting a review based on the look of the boys outside which appear to be the old 69 Club crowd. The decor of Tom Yung is not too inspiring. The seating is extremely uncomfortable, not sure why because it appears similar to that of other bars; it might be the angle of the back of the seat. There are two rows of this seating and a small sofa at the end. Before my Singha arrived (130 baht) I moved to the sofa. This was a mistake because a bored boy who was not my type was sitting in that area and then turned ar…
-
Wine Dinner at Poseidon hosted by Hugh Millar January 16, 2009 Amuse Bouche *** Dill & Pepper marinated Scottish Salmon with pan-fried Alaska Scallop and Truffle Vinaigrette *** Green Pea Soup with Tea smoked Duck Breast *** Gigot d’agneau à la Provençale -or- Sliced Turkey in a mushroom & Pommery Mustard Sauce *** Puff pastry and Crème Pâtissière Bar Wines White Wine Peppermint Grove, Australia, Sauvignon Blanc, Semillion, Chardonnay Blend Blue Moon, Australia, Chardonnay Red Wine The Little Penguin, Australia, Cabernet Sauvignon Gossips, Australia, Shiraz The price…
-
PHUKET CITY: -- Phuket now ranks second among Thailand’s 76 provinces in terms of HIV infection, with the large number of nightlife entertainment venues and the sex industry seen as the cause. Dr Wiwat Sitomnoch of the Phuket Public Health Office reported that the incidence of HIV infection among teenagers and young adults in Phuket is rising, as are the number of cases of gonorrhea and other sexually transmitted diseases. About 90% of cases are the result of unsafe sex practices, he said. The Public Health Ministry’s Department of Disease Control has been keeping statistics of HIV/Aids cases in public and private hospitals in Thailand since 1984. As of Aug…
-
I'll let you folks do the debating about whether sex with a 14 year old fits the strict definition of a pedophile or whether posting this story is fair. This story is a perfect example of the fact that not all these arrests require being caught in the act. If the police are able to gather sufficient evidence, then the arrest can come at any time. I can't help but wonder if this man was a victim of a scam, considering the length of time between the date of the arrest warrant and the date of the actual arrest. Some under-age boys out there will go with a farang, get their tip, and then inform on the farang for even more money from the police if an arrest resul…
-
My Boy Special's family has been with us in Phuket and they are flying back to Bangkok this week. Does anyone know what the cost for a taxi should be from Bangkok to Korat?
-
I wanted to treat the current Boy Special and his family to a nice dinner. We reserved the Baan Rim Pa and requested a table on the end with the gazebo. They agreed. We also asked for a cake for his birthday. When I got there, they saw that I had 4 Thai's with me and put us at a different table. I was pissed but did not cause a scene in front of my guests. I did go out at one point to complain and they said, sorry, we didn't know what table you wanted. BULLSHIT. They also said that they didn't give a free cake to guests and I said I had requested one be ordered with his name and I would pay. Oh, so sorry they said. Again, I was not happy. We ordered the set…
-
Appearing on the front page of the Bangkok Post today, but not the online version, is an article saying the owner will likely not be held responsible for fire code violations as the building was registered in government records as a residence rather than an entertainment venue, and was not subject to the fire code. What a surprise.
-
I give Cocktail Boyz the thumbs up. First off, they play perhaps the best music that I've heard in a gogo. It's not all techno all the time, instead I've heard some disco and even motown. Secondly, Singha's at 100 baht is about as low as it goes for gogos. Euroboys, which may have the same or similar ownership also has 100 baht Singhas. I happen to like the feeling of spaciousness so it's a comfortable club for me. Though for those who like to fiddle about it lacks priviacy as you have a good view of the other customers. But I like that there's lots of legroom and on 2 of the three sides a barrier between me and the boys. The boys tend to be on t…
-
BANGKOK: -- The Thai Red Cross Aids Research Centre has urged people to undergo a blood test for HIV after being warned over 400,000 Thais probably have the disease without knowing it. "Hundreds of thousands of Thais who are infected with HIV, the virus that causes Aids, are unaware they are infected. This is the reason the virus is still spreading across country," the centre's director Dr Praphan Panuphak said. He was speaking at a public hearing by the Medical Council on ways adolescents can get HIV counselling and testing services. Over 150 participants from health agencies attended the event at the Miracle Grand Convention Hotel in Bangkok. An Aids expe…
-
One of today's front page headlines today: Fire inquiry looks into possibility of bribes The article states that police might have received bribes to let the Pub that killed so many remain open. Is this really possible?
-
- 9 replies
- 2.3k views
-
-
Continental restaurant has raised it's prices by 20% effective today. Although it still is a good place to eat it means many breakfasts are now almost $1 more. This is a pretty large increase. The one I go to on Soi Bokow is always full in the morning (late morning). So I am not sure how much the tourist slow down is affecting it. In checking prices at the market, this is much more than recent price increases. But I think other places will follow
-
The prices most charge for all the events in Phuket are ridiculously high. They are outrageous at times. A day trip to Phi Phi Island on a speed boat the hotel offers for 3200 baht per head. I met a few people on my bike trip that are tour operators and they said they would get me the same trip for 1300 or less. I started asking around at all the little shops in town and they were all going for less than the hotel price and they ARE all the same trips. The boyfriend and I took his family for an entire day trip to Phi Phi Island, snorkeling in Maya Bay, lunch on the Island and drinks on the boat and a quick tour of Monkey Island. The cost from the hotel was 28…
-
In todays Bangkok Post there was and article that said by mid 2009 the baht should weaken to 37 and then recover by the end of the year to 35.5. 37 to 1 would be a nice break, but with prices rising at about 20% it is a wash
-
- 4 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
Since it has been several years since I bought ME a new mobile phone I thought I might try the promotion on Truemove. You can get a new iphone and pay monthly 1399 which includes 1000 baht for the phone and 399 for all the services. A 24 month commitment is necessary. I think this may be a good deal BUT many farangs maybe prevented from getting the promotion because you must have a credit card from either Kasikorn or Bangkok Bank. I tried to use my ATM card from Kasikorn Bank but it did not work. I may go in and see if I can qualify for a credit card, but I think in the past the said expats even on a retirement visa could not get one. Don't know. Does anyone bee…
-
- 4 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
I have been on the site "Flirt for Free" and noticed that several of the guys there are from the Philippines. Never being there before I was wondering if anyone had and would be able to give a comparison between Thailand and there as far as meeting people for sex. Particularly when it comes to older guys meeting younger guys.......
-
- 10 replies
- 3k views
-
-
The group I am with ate at Coyote Restaurant right on the beach road in Patong. The food was great and actually tasted like Mexican food. I met the chef who is from the USA and a nice guy to boot. The service was attentive and always helpful although one of the girls wanted to move in with me. LOL We all had margaritas and they were excellent and tasted like the real deal. They have an outside balcony that is great to watch the street traffic and the passerby's. However, last night during dinner, there was a torrential rainfall. Sitting outside was quickly moved for those unlucky to have the good view to a table inside. I thought rainy season was over but some…
-
I need a bike shop to take apart my bike and get it ready for air travel. Any suggestions? The hotel I am at is useless in any information. A detailed report to follow my trip. ;(
-
- 2 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
I went to the book signing today at Ambiance and purchased a copy of "Boyztown". At first I thought it had been canceled as I thought it was to be on the terrace and when I asked the staff outside of BBB the had no idea of where it was. Fortunately I saw Allen Briggs (GayPattayan) walking into the Ambiance cafe and there was Michael and the books. The book signed by the author was 600 baht and 300 of that went to PGF and they gave a free large glass of red or white wine also. When I got home I started to read the book and truthfully found the first few pages very interesting. The book starts out really explaining the reason for the development of Pattaya. Many o…
-
- 1 reply
- 1.2k views
-
-
Sometimes it's nice to just have a quiet beer with friends without the hassle of the boys around. And for expats on a budget, low prices are always nice. I was looking through Nicky's Sunee map. Extremely well done but one ommission. The Minimart 24 across Soi VC from Forest House is a great place to watch the world go by. There's comfortable seating outside for about 10 and the beer is cheap. Acha is 20 baht, small Changs 25 baht, and large Changs are 40 baht. Soft drinks are only 15 baht. Check it out!
-
Had dinner last night at Patong Beach Grill. This place takes up about 9 shophouses on beach road and they have a wide variety of food from steak to Thai to seafood. They were more than a bit on the pricey side. The food was very good. I did have the steak and it was the only thing that we ordered that I did not like. It was not bad but it was not good either.
-
- 0 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
The latest edition of the Weekly Report Newsletter is now available at... http:// www.pgreport.com (choose January 6, 2009 and click to read) WEEKLY REPORT NEWSLETTER 7 days ending January 6, 2009 brought to you by http://www.gayaffairspattaya.com If you know of an event or of some news that will be of interest to the gay community please let us know. The email address is at the btop of the page. So do send us your news, views, photographs etc. This is a free service to the gay community here in Thailand. The Weekly Report Newsletter is published every Wednesday, if you would like to receive an email notification when it is published plea…