Gay Thailand
This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.
Subforums
11,067 topics in this forum
-
After just 90 minutes of vote counting for Pattaya's new mayor, candidate number 2 Khun Itipon has more than double the number of votes of candidate number 3 Khun Surat. Candidate number 1 Khun Allissa is running third. If this trend continues it seems certain Pattaya's new mayor will be Khun Itipon, the youngest son of Kamnan Poh, easily defeating Khun Surat of Mikes Department stores, with Khun Allisa, whose family is associated with Tiffany's, running third. Recently Itipon was involved in meetings discussing a proposal to extend the closing time of bar's in Pattaya.
-
I understand there is a rumor floating around that the Birdcage bar has closed. That rumor is incorrect. The Birdcage is open and operating normally. The Birdcage will be closed tonight (Saturday, May 3). The Sunee Plaza bars will also be closed tonight. The Pattayaland bars will be open, but serving only non-alcoholic drinks. Again, the Birdcage is open and operating normally.
-
Eva announces new fare increases on economy fares from London and USA. From London the increase will be from 33,000 to 42,500 and from the USA the increase will be from 33,000 to 37,000. Eva will also add a surcharge to the USA on weekends. Other classes are expected to in crease as well. Anyone in process of booking flights need to firm up before May 8th.
-
For those of you who enjoy saunas, there is a very nice one just outside of Pattaya. I imagine most of you will never go to this one for two reasons: 1. It's not a gay sauna. It's open to men and women and there are no privacy rooms or dark rooms such as one would expect at a gay sauna. 2. It's out in the hinterlands, east of Sukhumvit Highway and east of the railroad tracks. Without transportation you'll have a rough time getting there, although I do notice on their flier that they have a taxi service. This sauna has a web site at: http://www.pattayasauna.com I went out there today and had a look. I liked it. Whether you will like it or no…
-
I keep saying that the majority of these arrests have nothing to do with farang taking boys off from the bars, although that does happen. Most actually occur because of farang residents who seem to think a really good idea is to fool around with the neighborhood kiddies. The following appears in the PATTAYA CITY NEWS: _____ Italian Resident of Pattaya Arrested and Charged with Sexual Assault of a 12 Year Old Boy Acting on arrest warrant 65/2551, Police Colonel Kanisorn, from the Provincial Police Woman and Child Protection Unit based at Pattaya Police Station arrested an Italian National on Wednesday Afternoon who was accused of engaging in sexual interc…
-
- 2 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
I'm making my first trip to Thailand next week and will only have 4 days in Bangkok. I've picked up a lot of great info from this site and hope to be able to do a lot of daytime and Nightime exploring. But I was wondering if anybody knows if it's possible to find a boy to use as a tour guide for a day or two? Thanks
-
- 11 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
As many of you know, tonight (Wednesday) is the closing night for the Symphony Brasserie, but it's not closing night for Hugh. Beginning May 12 Hugh will join the Poseidon Restaurant, in the Jomtien Complex. I hope I speak for everyone in wishing Hugh the best of luck. Kim and Pascal will be very fortunate to have him and we all are very fortunate that Hugh will remain in Pattaya.
-
- 2 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
NEW PG Weekly Report for April 29, 2008 now online... NEW PG Weekly Report... CURRENT COMPILATION FOR THE 7 DAYS ENDING APRIL 29th 2008 http://www.pgreport.com/index.shtml (select April 29th and click to read) PATTAYA NEWS & FORTHCOMING EVENTS End of an era at Le Café Royale Thais4Life fundraising quiz at Oscars News From Ozz Cafe/Bar/Terrace Jomtien St George's Night at Oscars Birthday Party at The Birdcage Report Report - St. George's Night at Mikes Bar/La Cage Pattaya Players News Bar La Cage - Diary for May Hamlet in Pattaya at The Regent's School April 29 "Cosmic Interludes" at Gallery Opium May 3rd News from Sune…
-
I'm sure many of you know Robbie, of Le Café Royale hotel in Pattaya. I am sorry to have to report that I have just been informed that he has passed away as a result of his long battle with cancer. I understand he was in Amsterdam when he died and that is where funeral arrangements are being made. I also understand a memorial service will take place for him in Pattaya, but I have no information yet about a date, time, or place. If anyone is able to obtain any information before I do, please post it. It is so sad. So many people have passed on so recently. Both Ians from Le Café Royale are gone, WowPow, and now Robbie. My condolences to his family and to…
-
It's low tourist season in Thailand now. It's a wonderful time to be here. There are no crowds at the beach. On most days, if you drive, parking is readily available at the beach just about any time you get there. Baht buses are far less crowded. Restaurants and hotels that are usually packed and require reservations are mostly easy to simply walk in and be accommodated. Domestic flights and traveling by bus or train is much easier now - easy to get tickets and good seats. More and more boys are showing up at the beach, looking for farang. Many boys go home for Songkran and decide not to return. That's when many have had enough and decide to remain at home wi…
-
- 1 reply
- 1.5k views
-
-
To sum it up: the new Iphone is Amazing in Thailand. Honestly, if you get it at Tuk com or another good place it has even more features than the unblocked phones do. My new Unblocked IPhone is amazing and I love it. With google maps in Thailand and e-mail and Internet and Wifi. But, they installed a program that allows for other downloads that I can't get on my ATT phone. The camera zooms in and out, it takes video, plays chess, etc. Leave it to the geeks in Thailand to outdo even Apple in what the IPhone is capable of! Amazing phone. Tuk Com. 23,000 baht Unblocked. 16G. 300 bath for all the additional programs. They will update it every time a new softwar…
-
This evening I ate dinner with friends at Sammy's in Sunee Plaza. Every bar is closed. All of them. I imagine it is the same in Pattayaland, but I did not go over to check. The bars will be open tomorrow (Sunday) night. I imagine it will be the same next weekend, another election weekend, as well.
-
- 1 reply
- 1.2k views
-
-
-
This evening I was reliably informed that Hugh Millar is going to close the Symphony Brasserie restaurant, probably at the end of this month. He intends to return to Scotland to pursue a new career. Hugh has been in Pattaya for a very long time, probably longer than most of us, and certainly before I ever even started coming to Thailand. Many of you may remember when Hugh was the day manager at The Ambiance before moving on to start the Symphony Brasserie. He first came to Pattaya for a holiday, ended up being offered the position at The Ambiance, and never went back. I hope I speak for all of us in wishing Hugh the best of luck with his future endeavors. I w…
-
- 19 replies
- 4k views
-
-
I know many of you cannot be in Pattaya for Songkran or choose not to be here. It all begins as of now. So far I have not seen any water splashing going on at all. Usually none of that begins until April 12, and it's usually sporadic, but builds up daily until the big day on the 19th. There is, however, a city ordinance already in effect that prohibits certain kinds of work to be taking place. For example, a friend is having an apartment renovated. As of today (April 11), the workers are not allowed to do any of the work. That sort of work cannot continue until after the Songkran holiday is over. I'll post a report of any goings on I see, each day, until t…
-
- 44 replies
- 9.7k views
-
-
I am currently renting a Condo on the 15th Floor of View Talay 5C and it seems there is no wi-fi connection available up there. I'm informed that you can buy some device at TUK Com for 15,000 baht which slides into my Apple Mac Pro Laptop and will access the internet. The lad at the Apple Counter said I give him 15,000 and he goes off and buys it in Pattaya. Back in 10 minutes. Does that sound OK to you? Does anyone have any further advice about my little problem and is it really necessary to spend all that money to connect. And I do mean only from my Room on the 15th Floor by wireless. There's no phone. Hope to here your responses. Thanks, Asmerom
-
- 10 replies
- 3.4k views
-
-
As many of you know, there are two election dates coming up. Tuesday, May 29 is the election date for the Provincial Government of Chonburi. Sunday, May 4 is the election date for the Mayor of Pattaya. On election days the bars are often ordered to be closed. Bar owners and holiday makers are already complaining about even more bar closings, but those complaints may be premature. As of the time of this post no decision has been made, or at least nobody seems to know whether a decision has been made or not. Confusion reigns! The following appears in the PATTAYA CITY NEWS: _____ Election Fever Continues Here in Pattaya Election fever has well and …
-
- 2 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
The USD sucks in Thailand and the exchange rate on my last trip was really disappointing. My recent trip to Brazil was no better. The USD sucks just about everywhere or so I thought. CNN did a nice survey of some places where the dollar is still strong. 2 places I want to visit this year are on the list. Vietnam and Argentina http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2008/pf/080...neymag/?cnn=yes
-
- 11 replies
- 2.5k views
-
-
This weeks NEW PG Weekly report is now on-line: http://www.pgreport.com/index.shtml (select April 22nd and click to read) PATTAYA NEWS & FORTHCOMING EVENTS St George's Night Party at Oscars Birthday Bash at Birdcage Pattaya April Quiz Night at Ozz Cafe/Bar/Terrace Jomtien St George's Day Party at Bar LaCage/Mikes Bar Pattaya Players News Bar La Cage - Diary for April Hamlet in Pattaya at The Regent's School April 29 "Cosmic Interludes" at Gallery Opium May 3rd News from Sunee Plaza and Soi Day Night BANGKOK NEWS Greek restaurant comes to Silom Soi 4 Balcony News & Joint Telephone Pub Songkran Report Telephone Pub News …
-
Ok, Songkran hibernators and escapees, it's safe to come out and come home now. It's all over for this year. Now you would never know it happened. Everything is back to normal. No more water splashing. Businesses open as usual. No squirt guns and water shooters for sale. The only evidence left is there are still a lot of cars out there, including mine, that have a Songkran powder all over them. Today I did try to get my car washed, but for the first few days after Songkran, the best business in town is the car wash business. You can't get in. I'll try again tomorrow. If I succeed, those of you who are in Pattaya will know it. If I get my car washed, you …
-
- 0 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
NEW PG Weekly Report for April 15, 2008 now available... CURRENT COMPILATION FOR THE 7 DAYS ENDING APRIL 15th 2008 http://www.pgreport.com/index.shtml (select April 15th and click to read) PATTAYA NEWS & FORTHCOMING EVENTS Songkran at Le Café Royale St George's Night Party at Oscars April News from Ozz Cafe/Bar/Terrace Jomtien St George's Day Party at Bar LaCage/Mikes Bar Birdcage News News from Googie Pattaya Players News Bar La Cage - Diary for April Hamlet in Pattaya at The Regent's School April 29 News from Sunee Plaza and Soi Day Night Allen ("Gay Pattayan"); reports on Songkran BANGKOK NEWS Balcony News T…
-
As a Northwest flyer for years, I am glad to see this merger. I wonder how this will effect travel to and from Thailand? I know NWA is strong over the Pacific and this won't affect me that much but do wonder how it will affect others. Last trip, I took the Thai Airways flight from JFK nonstop and I loved it. It was long and tiresome but it did save a few hours and quite a bit of money. NWA has increased its fares for upgradable tickets from USA to over 3500 on most flights when last year it was only 2300. They keep bumping up that fare you need in order to upgrade that it finally drove me to Thai. I was glad it did.
-
Thai Red Cross ends separate screening for gay blood donors 11 April 2008 BANGKOK (AFP) — The Red Cross of Thailand said Friday that it would change its screening process for blood donors to address concerns from activists who said the system discriminated against gays. The Red Cross requires donors to fill out a form to assess their risk of disease. Gay-rights activists had complained that one question, which was meant to target people more likely to have diseases transmitted by sex and drugs, had effectively blocked all gay men from donating by only asking about same-sex relations. "We didn't mean to hurt anyone," said Soisaang Pikulsod, director o…
-
What is happening with the Birdcage? Is it still there? Is Kevin's partner keeping it going? Mark is the creative talent behind it and I hope that he keeps things running. Any news?
-
I posted on the SGT forum that a very close friend of KQuill told me this morning that KQuill lost his appeal and will be serving 6 years in the Thai prison system. I had hoped he was mistaken but he assurred me, adding that an appeal based on medical condittions was to be filed. I was hoping those concerned about KQuill could do something to help him although I have no idea what we could do. My deepest appologizes if this is inaccurate..which I hope it is. However his friend assured me this is the case.
-
- 25 replies
- 8.1k views
-