Gay Thailand
This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.
Subforums
11,067 topics in this forum
-
According to the PATTAYA MAIL, the Pattaya City Council has passed a resolution that would permit entertainment venues to remain open until 4:00 AM. Don't start jumping for joy just yet. What they passed is merely a resolution. The City Council doesn't get to make the final decision. That decision can come only from the Ministry of the Interior. However, the council has passed the resolution and those of you who prefer a return to wee hour closing times just might end up getting your wish. Of course, many entertainment venues have been flouting the law for years and have been closing whenever they feel like it, with apparent impunity (other than paying cert…
-
The following appears in THE NATION: _____ SONGKRAN The Long Haul Home (Be smart and stay in, Folks) Published on April 12, 2008 Forget buses and trains: they're all booked up. And get to the airport three hours early if you want to get anywhere Heavy traffic built up yesterday afternoon as people headed back to their family homes for the long Songkran holiday. Route No 9 to the Northeast was the most congested, said Pol Colonel Roy Inkapairoj, Highways Police deputy commander. He said many roads to the North and Northeast would be slow going after 6pm yesterday but expected the traffic would ease today. "We will reverse some inbound l…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
One of my favorite cities in Thailand. http://travel.nytimes.com/2008/04/13/trave...html?ref=travel
-
- 0 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
I just got to my next port of call after a 2 month stay in the Land of Smiles. Already I miss many things about it and I had such an amazing trip. I will admit that this trip was the best one in my 5 years of going to Thailand. I think part of this had to do with the places I chose to go and the people I chose to see. I avoided all the boring gossip queens in Pattaya and thus my evenings and my dinner times were much more enjoyable. I rarely offed a gogo boy I didn't know from previous trips. I spent my money on the guys I have grown to enjoy and love hanging out with as opposed to a new guy every day. In Chiang Mai, the trip was special as the hosts of PJ's …
-
We are working on revamping the City Guides area to make it more accurate. We have changed the initial information for Pattaya, Chiang Mai and Bangkok and are working on the others. We are also working to remove all of listings that are no longer in existence. Any other suggestions you have for us on this area, please let us know.
-
- 0 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
I was just finishing a fairly long post re KQuill. When I tried to submit it, I received a "Web site not found" message. I tried for several minutes afterwards and can not connect. I wish there would be an advance notice when web sites go down for maintenance...if that is the reason.
-
Every once in awhile while I was still in the States I would read a topic here about what is missed from a persons home country. I am soon to be here 90 days and so I guess that I really miss nothing too much at all. The only tangible item is Secret deodorant (made for a woman, but strong enough for a man) LOL. The intangible is the lack of quick response of service for internet. I was down for a week and in the States that would invoke yelling on my part, but here I just played the quiet game, complained daily, but with a smile and I am up again. Richard aka namjai
-
NEW PG Weekly Report for April 8, 2008 now on-line... http://www.pgreport.com/index.shtml (select April 8th and click to read) PATTAYA NEWS & FORTHCOMING EVENTS Songkran at Le Café Royale Thais4Life Quiz Night at Oscars A Sparkle for Thais4Life St George's Night Party at Oscars April News from Ozz Cafe/Bar/Terrace Jomtien St George's Day Party at Bar LaCage/Mikes Bar Pattaya Players News Report - Bar La Cage - Mikes Bar Anniversary Party Bar La Cage - Diary for April Report - Siam Chamber Orchestra Evening of Mozart News from Sunee Plaza and Soi Day Night Allen ("Gay Pattayan"); reports on Songkran Preview of the new "Spice" Ma…
-
So far, two bar owners have told me they intend to close for Songkran on both April 18 and 19. I'd rather not say which ones and I have no information at this point about other Pattaya bars, but I wouldn't be surprised if others also close. That's because many of the boys go home for Songkran or simply are not going to show up for work on those two days. The bar owners are also well aware that they're not exactly going to get a full house of customers on those two nights. They know they'll be lucky if anyone goes out to the bars at all on the 18th and 19th . . . that is if there are still any farang left in town and venturing out those nights. All should be…
-
NEW PG Weekly Report for Tuesday April 1, 2008 on-line... (Sorry fellas for the delayed posting... I was pre-occupied this past week ... with my annual medical exams.. and overlooked this report) http://www.pgreport.com/index.shtml (select April 1st and click to read) and NEW link to Gay Affairs Pattaya Calender of Events... http://www.gayaffairspattaya.com/diary/2008.htm Here is the April 1st Weekly Report Summary: PATTAYA NEWS & FORTHCOMING EVENTS Thais4Life Quiz Night at Oscars The Birdcage Pattaya Rear of the Year 2008: Report Pattaya Players News Bar La Cage - Diary for April News from Sunee Plaza and Soi Day Ni…
-
I know that a contribution was made to this project by the forum and for anyone interessted the charity's Annual Report is now published on their website: http://pattayastreetkids.homestead.com/Ann...-2007-2008.html
-
On my way to Phuket.....if the Paradise complex area turns out not to be my thing are there any other areas where you can go cruising for guys or nay areas to avoid. hope you can help.
-
- 2 replies
- 2k views
-
-
I took the Thai air non-stop to NYC today. I was lucky as I got there 4 hour early. Good thing I did as the line to get through immigration took over 1 1/2 hours. I stood in a room filled to the max with others. The air con was not working well and everyone was sweating. It was a horrendous experience to wait that long. I am not really sure why they didn't have more officers there to handle the crowds but it was a pain in the ass to sit there. Also, I always travel with extra luggage that I pay for. I pulled out my Visa and was told they don't accept debit cards; only Credit cards and cash. She said this went into effect in March. This was Thai airways btw a…
-
I haven't tried it yet. Apparently they just opened on Second Road, across from the North Pattaya Big-C. I have attached the flier they were handing out at the beach. I think they confused AM and PM. I think the flier is incorrect and the actual opening times are most likely from 12:00 PM to 1:00 AM. I don't know why it never seems to occur to Thai-owned businesses to have their fliers proofread by a native English speaker, but that's the way they do things.
-
- 3 replies
- 10.2k views
-
-
The US Embassy sent out a notice and has also stated the following on their web site (At the moment, appointments can be made for the remainder of April and for May, but no appointment dates after May are available as yet. Note that you can still simply walk in, but those who make appointments will be given priority.): _____ New Appointment System for ACS Services Begins in March In order to serve you better, beginning this month, the American Citizen Services section introduced an appointment system for all non-emergency services to include notarials, passport services, and Consular Reports of Birth Abroad. We will continue to provide emergency services on …
-
- 0 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
Many of you are familiar with the Door-2-Door restaurant delivery service. You can order complete dinners from a variety of restaurants and within thirty minutes your order is delivered to your door. Now Door-2-Door has a rival, WOW, which stands for Waiter On Wheels. I don't need to go into detail for this one. You can pick up their catalog-menu at any participating restaurant and/or check it out on their web site, http://www.wowpattaya.com . If you don't already have the Door-2-Door catalog-menu, you can have a look at http://www.door2doorpattaya.com. Something tells me both of these delivery services are going to have plenty of customers during …
-
- 0 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
I received the following Email today, including the attached file. As you know, SPICE Magazine is free and the web site is http://www.spicemag.net : _____ Dear Friends, It seems word is getting out about the new focus of Spice! Magazine due out shortly. So I am attaching a preview of it and letting you know what the travelers and readers can expect. The next issue will be a newly revised Spice! Magazine that will be known as "The Essential Guide for Men." Edward Carter has come aboard as Editorial Consultant to oversee the melding of Spice! into a first class guidebook for Gay Travelers. Dr. Carter has been an author, professor, publisher of the online …
-
- 3 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
I have just returned from 3 weeks in Thailand and thought I'd give some general thoughts. I visit at least twice a year for the past 8 years. I arrived in BKK at 4pm and was dreading immigration because of reports of long lines. But the force was with me because my wait was exactly 2 minutes and my bag was waiting when I got to the designated area. Naturally the fastest arrival I ever had and I'm sure the time must not be a busy one. I checked into Centrepoint Silom Serviced apartments. I find them great value although not cheap. The apartments are just enormous and pool beautiful. A short nap, shower etc and then I went to Soi Twilight for dinner at Dicks…
-
Whether you want to chill out, immerse yourself in history or simply check out the smoking hot nightlife, Chiang Mai, in Northern Thailand, has a little bit of something to please everyone. Like most of the cities of the north, Chiang Mai is far more laid back than the southern metropolises like Bangkok, and the prices are far more reasonable. Chiang Mai is not only one of the oldest cities in Thailand, it has also hosted western tourists for hundreds of years. The city traces its own origins back at least 700 years and there are records of European explorers writing home about this “fair and great town” in the 1500s. The long history of this town is a boo…
-
I have a couple of questions about tap water in Thailand and hopefully someone in the know has the answers. #1 It is advised NOT to drink the tap water here in Thailand. Why is that? Bacteria? Chemical pollution? Both? #2 If the tap water not drinkable, can it safely be used to wash food items that will be consumed? How about in cooking? Have discussed with friends and all seem to have differing opinions. Help!!
-
- 6 replies
- 2.3k views
-
-
-
First, there is simply no better place in all of Thailand then PJ’s Guest House if you are looking for a gay friendly B and B. Two men who are lovers run it and their staff is excellent in what they do and the place is simply wonderful. PJ’s has high speed Internet for all guests. They serve a daily free breakfast from 8-10. The breakfast is a mixture of options and the boy that wait the tables are dressed in traditional Thai attire and the place settings are done to perfection each day. The boys are friendly, always have a smile on their faces and very easy to look at every day. The owners are Peter and Jaib. They run the place and oversee the guest’s stay. T…
-
As many of you know, Songkran is Thailand's water festival, during which you're going to be soaked. In Pattaya, the main Songkran day is always April 19. Usually, the water splashing starts sporadically about a week before and the pace picks up until the entire city turns out for the holiday on the 19th, which is a Saturday this year. Most farang run for cover during this time period. I'm already hearing about plans being made to hole-up or go somewhere else for that week. Not me. I'm going to be right here and I am one of the crazies who thoroughly enjoys it. I only know of two other farang who love it, as I do. Of course, being able to get around in a car do…
-
- 16 replies
- 3.9k views
-
-
The drink prices on Soi Twilight are 250 baht up for anything you drink and this is not even at show-time or weekends. They go up on weekends. The lady bars are half that price and even less. The owners of the gay bars are making a killing off of the prices of the drinks. I have decided that I will spend much less time here than in other places. The quality of the boys are not as good as Pattaya, I hate the same old sex shows time after time and the prices for drinks just keep going through the roof. For me, a night of bar hopping is not possible at these prices and you have to choose one or two bars maximum to not break the wallet. I just decided to spend mo…
-
"Calling All Volunteers!" The Pattaya Players are calling out for volunteers to help with their first production, "An Evening Of One Acts." We are looking for all kinds of volunteers for a myriad of tasks and a boatload of fun! If you are interested, please email us back at pattayaplayers@gmail.com and we will place you on our volunteer list and contact you shortly regarding the time and place of our upcoming volunteer meeting. It takes a community to put on a community theater production, and that's why we need your support! Dramatically, Pattaya Players