Gay Thailand
This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.
Subforums
11,067 topics in this forum
-
Here is something I didn't know until today. Did you know that if you have a Thai bank account, you can add to your One-Two-Call time at an ATM or through your online banking? It never occurred to me you could do that until I spotted a woman in front of me, on an ATM line, doing it. Until now, I always thought you had to buy a time card at a convenience store or mobile phone shop. You can buy additional time in increments of 50, 100, 500, and 1000 baht. You can do this at any ATM that represents a Thai bank with which you have an account. If you have a Bangkok Bank account, then you have to do it at a Bangkok Bank ATM, using your Bangkok Bank ATM card. It won't…
-
- 10 replies
- 6.3k views
-
-
Many people have been asking where Cherry's Restaurant is. I'm not very good at this, but I made a little home-made map that I hope will help you find it. Look toward the top right of the map.
-
- 2 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
The price of airfare keeps going up. I was once able to book full-fare upgradeable flights for 2000 USD. Then, it went to 2400 and then 2700. Now, it is 4300 for the upgradable fares on NWA. It is just crazy! I am sure the airlines are feeling the punch of the high price of gas but come on. American Airlines just started charging for ALL luggage. EVERY piece of luggage will now have a price and I am sure other airlines will follow.
-
Next to the Eldorado Guesthouse and across from Topman in Sunee Plaza.... Oud will be opening his new "Oud's Cafe and Bar". June 1 will be a soft opening and June 15 will be the Grand opening.
-
One of my favorite restaurants in Pattaya is Cherry's, located on Third Road, just across the street from the X-yte disco. At some point in mid-May (they're not sure of the exact date yet) they will be closing down their present location and moving, literally, around the corner. Also directly across from the X-yte disco and on the corner north of Cherry's is a fairly new Indian restaurant (which I understand is also quite good, but I have not tried it yet). The soi on which that Indian restaurant is located is the soi to which Cherry's will be moving. The new location will be about 100 meters up that soi. When I get a chance I'll go over there and see if I can pr…
-
- 6 replies
- 2.5k views
-
-
It just boggles my mind, considering the number of recent arrests, that people are still out there engaging in pedophilia sex and apparently thinking they can do it with impunity. These people probably read the same news articles everyone else reads, but they go out and do this anyway. Even with this number of recent arrests, tomorrow there will still be pedophiles out there trying to get away with it. The following appears in the PATTAYA CITY NEWS: _____ Briton Arrested On Paedophile Charges At around 4:30 on Friday morning police brought a 46-year-old British national, Mr Andrew John Gallacher, back to the Soi 9 station after allegedly finding him eng…
-
Welcome to GChannel Pub...Bangkok "WOW & HOT" Thanks to GayTingTong...this posting about GChannel Pub in Bangkok Where is it ??? In Bangkok ??? GayTingTongs posted this video link... from GChannel Pub in Bangkok... Look at the video - half way through it gets really steamy!" http://www.gaytingtong.com/topic2824.html GChannel PUB WEBSITE http://www.gchannelpub.com/home.php Video... http://www.gchannelpub.com/clips/index_01.php http://www.youtube.com/watch?eurl=http%3A%...p;v=lQriReXSgVI http://www.gchannelpub.com/board/index.php MAP: http://www.gchannelpub.com/map.php WOW.....Wh…
-
- 4 replies
- 3.2k views
-
-
Anyone know of any online sites that have real estate properties in Chiang Mai. I know of several in Pattaya and Bangkok but have found none in Chiang Mai. Any help is appreciated.
-
- 4 replies
- 2.6k views
-
-
Le Café Royale, Throb, and Splash today began major renovations. From what I understand the entire reception area, bar, and restaurant is going to be redone at Le Café Royale. New awnings are already going up. I also understand that the plans for Throb and Splash also include major renovations, to begin within a month. The plans include combining the two bars under one new name, yet to be announced.
-
- 7 replies
- 3.7k views
-
-
4 more were arrested and charged with being a pedophile. They were all arrested on the 19th and are being blacklisted and deported. This makes no mention of being caught in the act or even in the accompany of kids. This sounds more like they are operating off a known list of pedophiles and keeping these guys under watch. This was reported in pattayapeople.
-
- 6 replies
- 2.9k views
-
-
NEW PG Weekly Report for May 20,2008 now available... http://www.pgreport.com/index.shtml PATTAYA NEWS & FORTHCOMING EVENTS Football at Panorama Report - Quiz Night - May 13th, at Oscars PGF Rear of the Year Ozz Bar News Thais4Life Bookshop expands, upgrades facilities Amor Summer Promotion "Happy Hour" at Le Café Royale The "Penny Jar" at Oscars Bar La Cage - Diary for May News from Sunee Plaza and Soi Day Night BANGKOK NEWS Silom Soi 4 Pink Party: Report Telephone Pub News News and Events from @Richard’s Pub AND FINALLY . . . "Of course it has nothing to do with the money!" ____________________
-
- 4 replies
- 2k views
-
-
Lots of contradictory info re day and dates here. Anyone knpow the real deal? U.S. Citizen Services Upcoming Consular Outreach Trip to Phuket, Pattaya and Udon Thani Dear Phuket, Pattaya and Udon Thani Area American Citizens, The Consular Section of the American Embassy in Bangkok is pleased to inform you of three upcoming Embassy consular visits to Phuket, Pattaya and Udon Thani. Please mark your calendars! Consular staff will be available to provide consular services at the following dates and locations: Friday, May 11, 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM in the Hilton Arcadia in on Karon Beach in Phuket Friday, May 25, 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM…
-
- 2 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
My God! Just how many gay pedophiles are out there in Pattaya?!?!?!?! Aren't they ever going to learn? One of these guys is accused of actually having 8 boys delivered to him, just like having a few pizzas delivered. And they think they can get away with this. What's wrong with these people? Both stories appear in THE NATION: ____ Briton Arrested for Allegedly Buying Sex from 11-year-old Boy Pattaya- A British tourist has been arrested for allegedly buying sex service from a 11-year-old boy, police said. Police said Dee Christopher, 41, was arrested at his rented house in Chon Buri's Bang Lamung district at 7 pm Sunday. Police found the …
-
- 8 replies
- 2.9k views
-
-
I am a little bit concerned I may be accused of hogging this forum, but when I have what I think maybe good or interesting news I enjoy sharing it. I know there will be many who remember the days when the duet of Willy and Amy were a big attraction after 9:30pm at Bondi Bar in Jomtien complex. Two nights ago I discovered that Willy is now entertaining at Ants restaurant bar. It is located one Soi towards the beach from Bondi Bar and the last shop under Jomtien twin towers on the left. The venue is not elaborate or up market but ideal for relaxing with friends and listening to Willy. I noticed a few familiar faces, so I guess the word will spread. I hope so.
-
Does anyone know of any centers in these areas? They need not be gay. A small or private concern will be fine as I am not into body building, but just need to get in better shape. Thanks!
-
With Jomtien Beach now offering a variety of good restaurants I rarely venture to Central Pattaya. But after reading an advertisement for fresh Norwegian lobster I made the effort to have dinner at Casa Pascal off Second Road and I wasn’t disappointed. If requested, the lobster will be brought to your table before cooking and can be served as an appetizer with apple and celery salad on hazelnut oil, or as a main course, grilled, flamed, sautéed, poached or thermidor. However, if you decide to try the Norwegian lobster I suggest you book because they only fly in SIX live lobsters each Friday. I am fussy about oysters and probably biased as regards their origin, but t…
-
I am planning a trip to Phuket and wanted to know if anyone has spent time at Surin Beach? How far is it from Patong?
-
I think the best thing I ever spent money on was a motorcycle for the boyfriend. It was something that he really wanted and has taken great care of. The worst thing I spent money on was a VIP telephone number on my 2nd trip to Thailand. It was at MBK and I walked out after buying it and hit myself on the head and said, "what the fuck were you thinking?" What about others? What are some of the best things or worst things you have spent money on in LOS?
-
California just became the 2nd state in the USA to allow same sex marriage with the Supreme Court for California overturning a ban passed in 2000. At least 2 states in the USA are moving in the right direction. In Thailand, I have heard many guys talk about a wedding ceremony for same sex couples. What does this entail? Also, are there any legal protections for partners?
-
- 4 replies
- 2.4k views
-
-
"Love Me: Love My Family"... from the Baht Stop... an interesting discussion from Danny's posting... about "Love Me: Love My Family" a very good read and helpful advice being offerred... http://www.baht-stop.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4366 "I met my Thai in-laws for the first time less than two months ago but I am getting worried that I will be seeing too much of them now. Since I started living with my young bf, we have been receiving frequent visits from the mother and two sisters, both of whom are now looking for work at bars in Pattaya. They come at all hours without warning. I told my friend recently for the first time that I…
-
- 1 reply
- 1.4k views
-
-
NEW PG Weekly report for May 13 & 20, 2008 now online... New PG Weekly report for May 13, 2008 now online... AND SEE BELOW FOR CURRENT May 20th PG Report "under construction": http://www.pgreport.com/index.shtml (choose May 13th and click to read) PATTAYA NEWS & FORTHCOMING EVENTS End of an era at Le Café Royale Oscar the Thais4Life Bear: Update Football at Panorama Amor Summer Promotion "Happy Hour" at Le Café Royale Gaybutton's "How To" primers Pattaya Players News Bar La Cage - Diary for May "Cosmic Interludes" at Gallery Opium May 3rd News from Sunee Plaza and Soi Day Night BANGKOK NEWS Balcony's 10th Bir…
-
According to an article in the PATTAYA DAILY NEWS, the Thai Prime Minister is saying the reason why the Burmese junta is intentionally keeping out and slowing down foreign assistance for the cyclone victims is because they went ahead with the national voting despite the cyclone and they don't want the world to see the vote rigging that is occurring. Also, according to the article, those who wish to make donations can do so at the Sattahip Temple, where they are asking for light bulbs, galvanized iron sheets, canvas, dried foodstuffs, rice, and drinking water. The items will be delivered to Burma via the Thai Navy. The Thai Navy assures the public that the items wil…
-
- 3 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
The following appear in the PATTAYA CITY NEWS: for photos see: http://www.pattayacitynews.net/news_17_05_51_4.html _____ Police Check for Drugs in Sunee Plaza Area Soi Sunee Plaza in South Pattaya is well know for its gay bars, many of which employ underage workers. There is also a major drug problem in the area and local Police will often receive complaints from people who frequent the area. Responding to these complaints, Police Colonel Nopadon, the Superintendant of Pattaya Police Station organized an operation in Soi Sunee Plaza in the early hours of Saturday Morning. More than 100 staff members from bars inside the Soi were checked for the pre…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
Monday, May 19 is Visakha Bucha Day, one of the most important Buddhist holidays of the year. Tradition has it that on this date Buddha was born, reached enlightenment, and died. All banks and government offices will be closed, however it remains at the discretion of each bar (at least so far) to close or remain open and the bars get to decide for themselves, assuming they open, whether to serve alcohol. My guess is the bars will be open, considering the number of days they have already been forced to close this year. Be advised, though, all it takes is one highly placed government official to decide the bars should close. At the time of this posting, the bars ar…
-
- 2 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
The following appears in THE NATION: ____ More Protection for Buyers of Condos By Somluck Srimalee The Nation Published on May 17, 2008 Condominium buyers are to get better legal protection thanks to the amended Condominium Act, under which developers who do not deliver facilities as advertised will be penalised. The amendment will become effective on July 4. Surasith Sahasthamrangsi of the real estate business promotion bureau of the Land Department said at a seminar yesterday that the new Act would punish de velopers who used misleading advertising to boost sales. "If they can't deliver what they advertise, the Land Department is empowe…