Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gay Thailand

This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.

  1. The following appears in THE NATION: _____ Inflation at 10-Year High May Rate of 7.6 Percent Forces BOT to Revise its Forecasts Thailand's inflation rate soared to 7.6 per cent in May, the highest in nearly a decade, due to the unrelenting rise of oil prices. According to the Commerce Ministry, May inflation was the highest since August 1998, prompting the Bank of Thailand to announce it would revise its economic growth and inflation rate forecast for the year. "The BOT will revise its forecast of economic indicators again as oil prices now have already surged higher than the worst-case scenario," BOT senior director Amara Sriphayak said. …

    • 0 replies
    • 1.2k views
  2. According to the PATTAYA MAIL, the police are not only going to go after the suspected pedophiles themselves, but now will start going after the owners and operators of properties where these offenses take place. For the full story, click: http://www.pattayamail.com/current/news.shtml#hd10

    • 27 replies
    • 6.8k views
  3. Started by Gaybutton,

    It's been a little while since we've had a "Flying Farang" story, so here's the latest. It seems like "flying" is the most popular way farang choose to commit suicide in Thailand. Of course, for the conspiracy theory buffs out there, maybe it's really murder, rather than the farang version of hara-kiri. The following appears in the PATTAYA DAILY NEWS: _____ DISTRAUGHT GERMAN MAN LEAPS OFF PATTAYA UPPER CONDO CAR PARK At 4.30am on June 2, 2008, Pol.Lt.Col. Apimook Amnajmunkong, Pattaya Investigator, Dongtan Station, was notified that a foreign man had fallen from the upper car park of Jomtien Complex Condotel, Jomtien beach, and the man was dead. Pol.Col…

    • 6 replies
    • 2.3k views
  4. Started by Gaybutton,

    I won't be surprised at all if my question sparks more controversy than most questions that appear on this board, but here goes: I'm not much of a pizza eater, but on the rare occasions when I want some pizza I'd at least like it to be a good one. I've never found a really good pizza in Pattaya. Most I've tried have ranged from barely mediocre to just terrible. So, that's my question . . . Where's the best pizza in Pattaya?

    • 14 replies
    • 3.3k views
  5. Started by PattayaMale,

    I received an e-mail yesterday that said one of the bar owners whose bar looks like he has very young employees (underage) is being pressured to name or confirm that certain customer frequented his bar. Some might not have offed these below legal age boys but sat with them in the bar or sat beside them when other customers called the boy over. The owner apparently had cameras in his bar as required by law, but he kept the tapes....who knows why. The email said that he is cooperating with police to save his skin as a purveyor of under age sex. If this rumor is true, more people than suspected may face trouble

    • 3 replies
    • 2.1k views
  6. Guest luvthai
    Started by Guest luvthai,

    We seldom hear what becomes of the accused men after they are arrested. Are they deported without trial? Is it just a scheme to pad officials bank accounts? Do they pay hefty fines and return to their homes? Did the man arrested with the two teens die in prison or not? What becomes of the boys? Are they taken off the streets and put in shelters or just let go to do it all over again? Seem silly to state they are cracking down and then not to follow up with details of what the outcome is.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.9k views
  7. Started by Gaybutton,

    Marsha has announced that he has left the Birdcage bar and that the bar will soon close. Mr. Quill's current situation is not conducive to continue funneling money into the bar to keep it operational until it gets a steady following. I, for one, am very sorry to see the bar fail. I thought it was an excellent idea and had the potential of finally bringing real life to the Soi Day-Night area. For whatever reason, Soi Day-Night seems to either be jinxed or a curse has been put on it. Maybe both. Just about every gay venue that has been attempted there eventually failed. There is still a gay karaoke or two over there, but that's all. Only three or four years ago …

    • 11 replies
    • 3.4k views
  8. Started by Gaybutton,

    The following appears in PATTAYA TODAY: _____ Up to 100 Blacklisted Foreigners in Pattaya FOLLOWING the success of a recent campaign by Thai police and US law enforcement agencies to rid Pattaya of serious crime organised by both Thais and foreigners, it’s confirmed that the hunt for wanted farangs in Pattaya and Bangkok goes on. During Operation Rattlesnake in May, about 80 people were arrested mostly for drugs possession and trafficking in a haul which included large quantities of yabba, marijuana and crystal methamphetamine. One of the aims of the ongoing crime crackdown is to root out that minority of foreigners who are involved in serious crime of a…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.4k views
  9. I have a friend in New York who is want to go to a sleep diagnostic center. I told him I thought there were some in Thailand as I had seen a sign for one at one of the hospitals. Do you know if Bangkok Pattaya has a sleep center? Or, the big good hospital in Bangkok?

    • 8 replies
    • 3.3k views
  10. Guest travelerjim
    Started by Guest travelerjim,

    HAPPY BAR PARTY WEDNESDAY MAY 28th & 2 Specials Last night - a Sunday - I visited Happy Bar in South Pattaya.. located near family Mart... from Sunee Plaza..go to Marina Inn.. turn left on Soi Yensabai... go East about 2 blocks on the left side of the Soi and you will see Happy Bar. The bar was very quiet...Sunday night..but many Thai Staff to please and dance for you on the tabletops. The owner gave me a flyer ad announcing ... TWO SPECIALS: --------------------------------- SPECIAL #1.. HAPPY BOY PARTY WEDNESDAY NIGHT MAY 28th... 2 Show Times (NEW) 10:00pm and 11:00pm Eat FREE ALL DRINKS 99 BAHT! A…

    • 19 replies
    • 4k views
  11. Started by Gaybutton,

    The results for the popular vote in Burma, the vote that assures military rule virtually forever, are in. Somehow, the results remind me of the results Saddam Hussein used to get in Iraq. The following appears in the BANGKOK POST: _____ Unbelievably Popular Rangoon - The Burmese junta claimed on Monday that an extraordinary 92.94 per cent of the survivors of Cyclone Nargis supposedly voted "yes" for a new constitution to perpetuate military rule in the country. State media - there is no other kind in Burma, "reported" that postponed polling in a national referendum was held last Saturday in 47 townships hardest hit by Cyclone Nargis, which slammed i…

    • 6 replies
    • 2.2k views
  12. I read on another forum SGT that Aaron said that the Birdcage is NOT closing. Tam will continue to manage the bar without Marsha. That is good news

    • 1 reply
    • 1.4k views
  13. Guest Khunatm
    Started by Guest Khunatm,

    There is an intriguing, for me at least, thread evolving on Sawatdee which I can not respond to there, so I would like to do so via this forum. The thread is entitled Dead or Alive, it doesn’t matter to me. And the link is http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum...-me-t15016.html I recall soon after arriving in Pattaya I met an expatriate who was living and working in Thailand. For the purpose of this story I will refer to him as Allan. I arranged to have lunch with Allan together with another close friend who had also recently arrived in Thailand but was working in Bangkok. Allan had been here for about eight years and he dominated most of the conversat…

    • 9 replies
    • 4.6k views
  14. Started by Gaybutton,

    My friends, This is now the third time I've had to post a message letting you know that if you send me a PM (that's Personal Message), I CAN'T READ IT. Repeat . . . I can't read it. I can't get to your message. There is a problem with the system. I don't know how many more times I can say it. DO NOT SEND ME A PM. SEND ME AN EMAIL INSTEAD AT: gaybutton@gmail.com . Today two more PMs were sent to me. I have no way to read them, so I don't have a clue what you wrote.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.8k views
  15. Guest kjun12
    Started by Guest kjun12,

    Have any of you purchased a home and placed it in your boyfriend's name? What is the best way to purchase property (a home) in Thailand?

    • 18 replies
    • 4.8k views
  16. Started by TotallyOz,

    I have tried to find this on the net but can't. What is the current price of Gold by the baht in Thailand?

    • 5 replies
    • 4.2k views
  17. Guest stef
    Started by Guest stef,

    Anyone knows any good website out there ? I just couldn't find one without registering and all.... I have some profile with Thai Description and I have no clue what it says.. So if anyone out there can help me out I would appreciate it. Thanks a bunch Stef

    • 2 replies
    • 2.3k views
  18. Started by Gaybutton,

    This evening I enjoyed one of the finest and most memorable dinners I've experienced in quite some time. A Thai friend and I had the Summer Promotion Steak & Wine special at the Poseidon restaurant, in Jomtien Complex. I have attached a copy of the menu to this post. As many of you know, Hugh Millar recently closed the Symphony Brasserie restaurant and joined forces with Pascal at the Poseidon. Two of the finest restaurateurs you will find anywhere have teamed up and the result is just marvelous. If you have not yet experienced a dinner at the Poseidon, then you're missing a treat that I doubt you can experience anywhere else. Hugh is the perfect hos…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.3k views
  19. Guest PattayaPlayers
    Started by Guest PattayaPlayers,

    Tuesday, June 17, 2008 Open Auditions for Murder Mystery Dinner Theater Pattaya Players (home of Pattaya's Professional Amateurs) is proud to announce auditions on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 at 6:00 PM for its second dramatic production, A Murder Mystery Dinner Theater! This unique and improvisation-driven production will be held at the Indian By Nature Restaurant in Jomtien on September 6, 2008. The open auditions will take place in the Lake Mabprachan area. The play titles and rehearsal schedules will be announced at the audition call. Backstage help, costuming and production support is also needed. For directions to the audition and more information, please e-ma…

    • 1 reply
    • 1.5k views
  20. Guest travelerjim
    Started by Guest travelerjim,

    NEW PG Weekly Report for May 27, 2008 on-line.. http://www.pgreport.com/index.shtml (select May 27th & click to read) PATTAYA NEWS & FORTHCOMING EVENTS PGF Rear of the Year Birdcage Summer Party Funny Boyz Anniversary Party Oscars Quiz Night to benefit Thais4Life Thais4Life Bookshop expands, upgrades facilities Amor Summer Promotion "Happy Hour" at Le Café Royale The "Penny Jar" at Oscars Bar La Cage - Diary for May New internet shop in Soi PN Mansion Ozz Bar Quiz Report News from Sunee Plaza and Soi Day Night BANGKOK NEWS News and Events from @Richard’s Pub "We Will Rock You" comes to Bangkok AND FINALLY …

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  21. Guest PattayaPlayers
    Started by Guest PattayaPlayers,

    Pattaya Players (home of Pattaya's Professional Amateurs) is proud to announce the details of their first-ever production, "An Evening of One Acts" scheduled for May 16-18, 2008 at the 10th Floor Function Hall in Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. There will be evening performances beginning at 7:30 PM on May 16th and 17th. A matinee beginning at 2:00 PM will take place on May 18th. Tickets cost 300 Baht for adults and 200 Baht for children under the age of 12. Tickets can be purchased by credit card online at www.pattayaplayers.org or can be bought in person at the North Star Library in Naklua, Jameson's Irish Pub and The Pattaya Mail Office located in North Pattaya. Tickets…

    • 28 replies
    • 7.6k views
  22. Guest Geezer
    Started by Guest Geezer,

    "At around 4:30 on Friday morning police brought a 46-year-old British national, Mr Andrew John Gallacher, back to the Soi 9 station after allegedly finding him engaged in illegal sexual activities at his home with a 16-year-old Thai male." http://www.pattayacitynews.net/news_23_05_51.html I believe this is the first time in nine years in Pattaya I have heard of an arrest for sex with a 16 year old unless a younger lad was involved. I believe that 16 & 17 year olds are in a different legal category from 14 (15?) and under, and that police have not previously shown concern for this group. (Please correct me if I am wrong.) If this be true it shoul…

    • 15 replies
    • 4.4k views
  23. Guest aot87
    Started by Guest aot87,

    Many people are always saying that this time of the year is always low but how does it compare to this time last year, as im arriving next week.Im told by expat friends for instance that the cafe royale has only about 6 people staying,

    • 4 replies
    • 2.7k views
  24. Guest njjim
    Started by Guest njjim,

    Anyone ever rented there? Any opinions/advice? Any info will be appreciated, thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 1.2k views
  25. Started by Gaybutton,

    There seems to be something wrong with the PM system. Since yesterday, when I try to open a PM sent to me, instead of opening the PM, it just opens the box to send a PM. In other words, if you sent me a PM lately, I can't read it until Stef and GayThailand can fix the problem. Instead of sending me a PM, please send an Email to me a gaybutton@gmail.com . If you sent a PM to me recently, but received no response, that's why. I imagine others are probably having the same problem. I suggest avoiding the PM system until our programing gurus can fix the problem.

    • 3 replies
    • 1.8k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.