Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gay Thailand

This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.

  1. Started by TotallyOz,

    Was around in Sunee for a bit tonight. Ate at Ole restaurant and it was enjoyable. The boyfriend loved the steak and we had a good time sitting and chatting. Jimm Jimmy James was a bit slow. I was told many boys were off already when I showed and that others took the day off. Still, what was on stage was cute and all seemed to really enjoy themselves. I know I enjoyed the boys frolicking with each other. I headed over to Villa Rouge but it is still closed and not open for business. I was told the other 2 bars that were closed were open tonight but Villa Rouge would take longer to open. We went to Sundance and they had a mass of guys and some very nice…

    • 4 replies
    • 2.2k views
  2. Guest gwm4sian
    Started by Guest gwm4sian,

    From an article on the BBC website. Full story here.. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7456588.stm

    • 2 replies
    • 1.5k views
  3. Started by TotallyOz,

    I have been in touch with a broker about a home in Pattaya. Not really interested but wanted to see the options. The prices for what they offer for most of the homes are outrageous. Most of the 3 bedrooms in nice secure areas are 85,000 baht. I guess the market is not as bad as many thought if those places are renting out consistently. I would never live in the city as I do feel it is not as safe as the Jomptien area. I had a friend that rented between Pattaya and Jomptien in a very nice large home with swimming pool and his home was broken into a few times. As my realtor was driving by that area, I asked him about home prices there, he commented that only an …

    • 13 replies
    • 5.3k views
  4. Guest TomUK
    Started by Guest TomUK,

    Well, I will be flying to Thailand on Friday. I thought I report this here to make a change from the usual "Flying Farang" stories. Sorry if I have disappointed anyone who was expecting some gory details. TomUK

    • 3 replies
    • 2k views
  5. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Does anyone know what's happened to this site? It has always been a great place for meeting up with thai guys, but it has not been working for the past couple of days. I guess it may have fallen foul of the censors, but can't imagine why because there were never any questionable pics on it. The webmaster usually deleted info quite regularly to keep the photos/details to about 500 guys. I noticed of late this had increased to 750 - so did he just give up on the site, I wonder? Pity!

    • 9 replies
    • 25.8k views
  6. Started by TotallyOz,

    In Pattaya with he boyfriend and I was woken up around 1 am with the biggest downpour I have seen in a bit The rain really plummeted out of the sky tonight I walked into my hotel lobby, ordered a bottle of wine for me and some security and we drank as we watched the streets slowly settle down and the mobs of wet people moving along the streets. It really does rain hard here!

    • 0 replies
    • 1.4k views
  7. Started by TotallyOz,

    I normally stay at the BaanYinDee hotel and love it there. Their suites are booked for the time I will be there. Does anyone know of some really great hotels with close access to Patong Beach and that have a great swimming pool and high speed Internet? I have stayed at the Baan Yin Dee and the Holiday Inn and enjoyed both.

    • 3 replies
    • 2.6k views
  8. The following appears in the PATTAYA DAILY NEWS Bangkok Bank - First Thai Bank to Offer Mortgages to Foreigners In a welcome breakthrough in Thai mortgage policy, foreigners will now be able to apply for mortgage loans thanks to a precedent set by Bangkok Bank (BBL); a move expected to be followed shortly by other Thai banks, keen to tap the foreign property investor market. Previously, Thai banks were extremely reluctant to grant mortgages to foreigners due to their poor credit risk and the current laws governing Thai property ownership. This move by Bangkok Bank will put Thailand, more on a par with its neighbours in Vietnam and Malaysia, who do offer mor…

    • 3 replies
    • 2.2k views
  9. Started by Gaybutton,

    For those of you who wish to keep up with Kevin Quill's plight, I was informed that he was moved to the Klong Prem Prison, in Bangkok, a day or two ago. I understand he is a bit happier there and will have access to competent medical facilities, which was of great concern. That is all I know at this point.

    • 0 replies
    • 2k views
  10. Guest Asmerom
    Started by Guest Asmerom,

    I've just been messaging "boysex_2006" on Gay Romeo to take advantage of what he seems to be offering and gave my detailed address and email and mobile number and also offered a sum I thought reasoable for such a service. 1000baht. He says he's 18 so I thought I was acting within the law. But after giving this rather detailed personal info. and mentioning a sum of money he suddenly logged off even though he'd agreed to meet. I thought that was rather strange and started worrying if I had committed some offence by mentioning money. Maybe its the police posing as boy offering sex just waiting to catch a naive farang offering to pay for sex. I know in some countr…

    • 17 replies
    • 6.5k views
  11. Guest travelerjim
    Started by Guest travelerjim,

    Living Wills in Thailand ?? get answers this Sunday June 15 Living wills in Thailand ...Valid or not ??? The Pattaya City Expats Club will have as its guest, Dr. Iain Corness, Consultant at the Bangkok Pattaya Hospital, to discuss this topic at this Sunday's morning meeting..June 15th. PATTAYA CITY EXPATS CLUB FOUNDED IN MARCH 2001 PATTAYA'S FRIENDLIEST EXPAT CLUB MEETING EVERY SUNDAY FOR SEVEN YEARS JOIN US AT HENRY J. BEAN'S RESTAURANT, AMARI ORCHID RESORT, BEACH ROAD, PATTAYA A buffet breakfast is available from 9:30 am - the program starts at 10:30 am "What is a Living Will? A Living Will gives you, or the person you designate, the rig…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.2k views
  12. Guest travelerjim
    Started by Guest travelerjim,

    INTERNATIONAL HEALTH INSURANCE CHOICES FOR YOU...UPDATED: Gay Thailand Friends, UPDATED TO INCLUDE MORE INTERNATIONAL HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN CHOICES FOR YOU: In response to many requests for a policy which may cover "pre-existing conditions"... and wondering how they will be able to enjoy Thailand....for holiday visits or retirement life :-) Please pardon me for taking this time to announce a new international health care policy I now have ....and have sought after ....for the benefit of those traveling outside their home country... especially for those American Citizens: A special message to those who may be American Citizens and wish to …

    • 5 replies
    • 2.6k views
  13. Started by TotallyOz,

    I have been in the USA a bit and I have a lady that gives me massage 2 times each week. She is Thai and an American citizen. She also loves Thailand and wants to return there one day. She is married and has children of her own. We talk often and chat about Thailand and the boyfriend there. Today she asked me if I would take care of her nephew. I was a bit shocked at this request but I listened to her. She said he had finished high school and wanted to go to University but his family could not afford it. They live in Chiang Rai. I asked if he was gay and she said she did not know but was sure I would be happy with him and we could take care of each other. I a…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.8k views
  14. Started by TotallyOz,

    I asked the boyfriend over and over what he wanted for this Bday and I usually take one of my boys to a nice restaurant and then to a disco. He said all he wanted was me to come to Pattaya and have dinner with his friends. I said OK. A long Thai Air nonstop from LA today put me in Thailand at 6:00 AM. The trip was easy and I did get some rest. I am not a good planner so the Premium Economy cost me 1990.00 because I did not book in advance. An extra 400 for luggage and so far the trip is getting expensive. They do allow you to carry 2 pieces on for free but I had 6 total and one was for presents from "friends". Once in the car, I called the boyfriend wh…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.7k views
  15. Started by Gaybutton,

    The following appears in the PATTAYA DAILY NEWS: (for photos, see: http://www.pattayadailynews.com/shownews.p...NEWS=0000006270 ) _____ ELDERLY BRITISH MAN FALLS TO HIS DEATH FROM PATTAYA HOTEL Pol.Lt.Col. Thawatchai Sudsakorn, Pattaya Investigator, received a report on June 11, 2008, at 7am, that a foreign man had fallen to his death from the 3rd floor of Diana Estate Hotel, in Soi Bua Khao, Central Pattaya. Pol.Col.Nopadol Wongnom, Pattaya Superintendent and Sawang Boriboon rescue accordingly went to investigate. At the scene, police found Mr. Roy Norton (75), a British citizen, lying dead in the rear car park of the hotel. He was wearing a red patter…

    • 1 reply
    • 1.6k views
  16. There are two stories here. The first is that Thai Airways ticket prices are to rise due to "no choice" fuel surcharges. For the same reason, the dramatically rapid rise in fuel prices, Bangkok taxis are raising their fares by 11%. Throughout Thailand, massive protests and demonstrations are expected to shortly occur because of the rapid rise in the cost of living and people simply cannot cope with it. The first story appears in the THE NATION: _____ THAI Announces Substantial Increases in Fuel Surcharges Boonsong Kositchotethana Thai Airways International (THAI) has bowed to the inevitable again and is passing on higher costs to travelers in …

    • 4 replies
    • 1.8k views
  17. The only serious complaint I have ever heard about The Ambiance is the fact that there are no elevators (or lifts, if you prefer) and you have to walk up and down several flights of stairs to get to and from your room. The Ambiance Hotel has started the process for installation an elevator which will service all floors. This will also make the Penthouse suites on the roof, with the private sitting and sun bathing areas, easily accessible to all guests. Approximately 10 million baht is to be spent on the elevator installation. This, along with the upgrading of Throb and Splash bars and the terrace of the Lé Cafe Royale, represents a huge investment in the fut…

    • 7 replies
    • 2.8k views
  18. Guest Khunatm
    Started by Guest Khunatm,

    Congratulations Funny Boys Bar on your anniversary party and the anniversary of Mamasan Rose. Good food, good company and a very happy atmosphere. Also, I was quite amazed but pleased by the generosity of the bar owners who rewarded every member of their staff. Amongst the major prizes of a TV, DVD ETC, I lost count of the 1,000, 500 and 300 THB cash rewards that were handed out in the draw. There was no floor show, but fun observering the night unfold. It is quite a while since I have enjoyed myself so much at a bar. Report and photos courtesy of Graham Gay Affairs Pattaya at http://www.gayaffairspattaya.com/gallery/f...z_boyz_town.htm

    • 1 reply
    • 2k views
  19. Guest Astrrro
    Started by Guest Astrrro,

    Kasikorn offers a K Treasury account which seems similar to American tax free municipal money market account or perhaps more like a tax free municipal mutual fund. Though not guaranteed the return appears similar to a time deposit (2.75% for 4 months, 2.8% for 8 months, 2.85% for 15 months) however it's not subject to the 15% Thai tax so the after tax yield *should* be somewhat higher. Anyone else consider opening a similar account with a Thai bank? I would assume that it would be highly unlikely that the IRS would discover the existence of this type of account?

    • 11 replies
    • 5.5k views
  20. Started by TotallyOz,

    From the Nation: Skyrocketing oil prices have clipped Thai Airways International's wings, forcing the flag carrier to retrench on its 10-year business plan, including possibly paring routes and new aircraft procurement. "The airline's revision will also include its revenue projection," THAI president Apinan Sumanseni said yesterday. "THAI's revenue this year will fall short of the target of Bt210 billion," he said. The new plan will be finalised by next month, but the airline has already decided to close its long haul Bangkok-New York route in July and cut frequencies to Los Angeles, London, New Zealand and Johannesburg due to higher jet fuel expenses,…

    • 11 replies
    • 3.2k views
  21. Guest travelerjim
    Started by Guest travelerjim,

    NEW PG Weekly Reports for June 3 & 10, 2008 now online.. The NEW PG Weekly Reports for June 3 & June 10th, 2008 are online... (Sorry fellas, I have been away from my own computer this past week and overlooked posting the June 3rd report ) http://www.pgreport.com/index.shtml (select dates of either June 3 or June 10 and click to read) June 3, 2008: PATTAYA NEWS & FORTHCOMING EVENTS PGF Rear of the Year: Report Funny Boyz Anniversary Party Oscars Quiz Night to benefit Thais4Life Pattaya Gay Festival Events Le Café Royale events Oud's Cafe: New bar on the block . . . Bar La Cage News Ozz Bar and Terrace: June news "…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  22. For months now, the exchange rate for the baht to US dollar has been hovering around 31.2 to 31.3. Last week the baht began to inch its way toward 31.4 to 31.5. This morning the rate opened at 31.92. That's the best its been in months. Here are the opening rates for today, May 12. I will edit this post later and let you know the closing rates. I have no idea why the exchange rate is finally starting to get a little more favorable, but I'm certainly not complaining. I'm praying that the trend continues: Opening rates: US Dollar: 31.92 Euro: 49.29 British Pound: 62.205 Australian Dollar: 29.9025 Canadian Dollar: 31.565 _____…

    • 21 replies
    • 5.2k views
  23. Started by Gaybutton,

    A great many farang complain about the fact they are asked to pay 10 baht per ride in Pattaya while Thais pay only 5 baht. That complaint might disappear if 10 baht per ride starts to look pretty good. The baht bus drivers have filed a petition asking to be allowed to raise their prices. Apparently nothing is yet specified as to what the new fares will be, if the increase is approved. Quite frankly, with fuel prices the way they are now I can't say I blame them. Pretty soon, those who complain about the fares may be longing for the "good old days" when farang fares were "only" 10 baht. Details are in this week's PATTAYA MAIL: http://www.pattayamail.com/curr…

    • 6 replies
    • 2.3k views
  24. Started by Gaybutton,

    My friends, those pinned messages at the top of the posted messages are there for a reason. Please read them. Despite the pinned message, today I received three notifications of a PM. I can't read them. As I said above, when I try to read them, all I get is the screen on which I can send out a message. Please do NOT send PMs to me, unless you want to write a message that I'll never see. Instead, please send your messages to my Email: gaybutton@gmail.com . If you're one of the people who sent a message today, you'll have to send the message to my Email. I'm sorry, but obviously there is some sort of glitch in the system.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.6k views
  25. Started by paulsf,

    They just announced this change starting in July. Options now are LAX

    • 17 replies
    • 3.5k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.