Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gay Thailand

This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.

  1. Guest travelerjim
    Started by Guest travelerjim,

    Eulogy from Terry Power's Funeral (Wowpow) - by Khunatm. http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum...atm-t14232.html A moving tribute to our beloved Wowpow ... from one of his closest friends... Thank You Khunatm TravelerJim

    • 1 reply
    • 1.4k views
  2. Guest GaySacGuy
    Started by Guest GaySacGuy,

    A friend is planning a Thailand trip, and would like to attend the Pattaya Gay Festival that is usually held in early December, with the lighting of the Christmas lights, and the party in Soi 3 with the street closed. Can anyone tell me the dates for this year, so that my friend can be sure to attend!! Thanks in advance.

    • 3 replies
    • 2.6k views
  3. Guest travelerjim
    Started by Guest travelerjim,

    Oogleman of Ting & Tongs Gay Thailand board has posted photos of the funeral services for our beloved Terry Power (Wowpow).. The services were held today March 12th at Wat Chaui in South Pattaya.. Thank you Oogleman for sharing... http://www.gaytingtong.com/topic2559.html (scroll down the page and see the photos) TravelerJim

    • 0 replies
    • 1.5k views
  4. Guest benthegrate
    Started by Guest benthegrate,

    Hey, guys! I'm a 28yo travel writer coming to Thailand to write an article for a magazine on the area around Um Phang, northwest of Bangkok near the border with Myanmar. For the article, I'll be trekking into the wilderness for 4-5 days, canoeing down a river to hot springs, waterfalls, and caves and visiting some more remote hill tribes. (Not the cheesy, conventional hill tribe treks you get out of Chiang Mai.) Because I'm coming alone, the cost for me to do this adventure is the same as it would cost for two. So I'm posting this to see if there are any adventurous young students in the Bangkok area who would like to take a week off from their studies and jo…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.2k views
  5. Guest MRSBUCKET
    Started by Guest MRSBUCKET,

    Re: Wowpow. I have just been informed that our forum friend Wowpow has died today. I understand that he was in intensive care for a while. I am sure that he will be missed very much on the forums. For those that did not know him personally he was famous for his pictures and the name ‘Mr. Cut and Paste” If anyone has any further details please add to this.

    • 10 replies
    • 3.7k views
  6. Guest benthegrate
    Started by Guest benthegrate,

    ...

    • 0 replies
    • 1.3k views
  7. Guest travelerjim
    Started by Guest travelerjim,

    Update: Wowpow Viewing..Temple 7-8pm Tonight..March 11th Just received an update call on the funeral services for our dear friend Terry Powers (Wowpow)... Tonight, Tuesday night March 11th... there will be a viewing at the Buddhist Temple on South Pattaya Rd...next to Center Condos... Between the hours of 7:00pm and 8:00pm All friends of Terry are welcome... Funeral Services ...at the same Temple...Wat Chai... as announced ...are Wednesday March 12th at 12:30pm with Cremation to follow at 1:00pm TravelerJim

    • 1 reply
    • 1.5k views
  8. Guest Khunatm
    Started by Guest Khunatm,

    Sue Doust, who has been assisting Khun Joe with arrangements for Terry Power's funeral has asked me to inform his friends that the funeral will be tomorrow, Wednesday 12th March 2008 commencing at 12:30pm. It will be held at the temple opposite the school and sports ground in Third Road. I do not know the name of the temple. I would appreciate others posting this information on the other boards. Rob

    • 2 replies
    • 2.1k views
  9. Started by TotallyOz,

    The family's ardent love for Burma lives on Despite being born in New York in the 1960s, Thant Myint-U's memories are of a childhood steeped in Burmese culture. Life in his maternal grandfather U-Thant's house in Riverdale, just outside of Manhattan, was a stark contrast to the icy, snowy winters and bright lights surrounding him. It was a home where people wore longyis, spoke Burmese and ate tea-leaf curry. The distinct feeling of being an outsider was never far away for Thant as he grew up in the US and studied at the Riverdale Country Day School. ''I only spoke Burmese until I went to school, and didn't speak English until I was five,'' he said. ''I was very …

    • 0 replies
    • 1.6k views
  10. Started by TotallyOz,

    For years, I have taken to the sky and to the trains for adventure and enjoyment. Last year, I decided I would try to settle down in NYC. It was a lovely idea but one that was not well thought out or planned. I had forgotten how much I hated cold weather and walking outside and my eyes tearing up from the cold. I took an amazing apartment, which I loved. The place was 10 times the size of the last place I had in NYC. I had a balcony that was about 1200 square feet big on the back and another large one on the front. There were 2 huge bedrooms and 2 nice bathrooms. It was everything I wanted in a place. I set out to furnish it and I had fun with that. I picke…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.3k views
  11. Guest travelerjim
    Started by Guest travelerjim,

    Asian boys.com's owner... McFish posts often in his Blog ...almost daily... and it is full of good looks :-) ....as he says..."McFish Loves Asian Boys" http://onlyasianboys.com/

    • 0 replies
    • 8.6k views
  12. Started by TotallyOz,

    First, this area has two of my favorite restaurants in it (or just around the corner). Amore is great and so is New Orleans. Tonight, we ate at New Orleans. It is a steak and ribs bar on the corner of the area. I have eaten here many times before and always enjoyed the food. It is a bit pricey but the taste is great. I had 3 Thai friends with me and we had 2 appetizers to share, 4 drinks and 4 main courses. I had a full rack of ribs and each of the boys had a combination plate of ribs and steak or shrimp or chicken. We were all stuffed by the end of the meal and I think I have not been so full my entire trip. I was so full that I wasn't sure I would fit thought t…

    • 0 replies
    • 2.5k views
  13. Guest travelerjim
    Started by Guest travelerjim,

    Bangkok airport taxi tricks from Gay Boy Thailand... http://gayboythailand.com/bangkok-thailand...icks/#more-2609 http://gayboythailand.com/bangkok-thailand/ "Taxi sir? One of the tricks when arriving at Suv airport in Bangkok is to go upstairs to departures and take an incoming taxi instead of lining up downstairs. But there are not only incoming taxies at departures, but also taxi mafia. I didn’t realise this, but it makes sense as it explains some of the problems I have had. I owe the following to a poster named Briggs at thaivisa.com: There are some common characteristics of taxi mafia around Bangkok and the airport is a big hu…

    • 0 replies
    • 2.9k views
  14. Started by TotallyOz,

    First, Gentleman's Club is now closed. There is a sign on the door for Rent or Sale. It was always a nice clean place for a drink. Dream boys had about 35 guys last night. They had a nice mix of both gay boys, ladyboys and manly men. I was particularly attracted to one gun in his mid 20's with a bit of a punk look to him with a nice firm six pack. Drinks were: Diet Coke - 110 baht Beer - 140 baht Whiskey - 150 baht Off fee was 300 bath The bathroom was clean and we didn't have any pushy waiters or mamasans trying to get to to take a boy off or buy drinks. Overall a good experience with some sexy guys. Dynamite was a lot of fun as well. I had 3 o…

    • 1 reply
    • 2.8k views
  15. Started by TotallyOz,

    Not sure why but I love to spend time with the guys I have known over the years. New gogo boys really do very little for me when I have some that I have a history with. I have seen very few (only one) new boy in Pattaya. The rest are guys that I have known for several years. Perhaps it is the connection to history or the fuzzy feeling I get when I am with them. Perhaps they have been with me in the past and know which buttons to push to keep me interested. I am not sure. I just know that for me, this trip has most defiantly been about reconnecting with the past and little about anything new. The same thing with Farang friends. I have reconnected with those …

    • 2 replies
    • 1.6k views
  16. Started by Gaybutton,

    I have never visited Chinatown in Bangkok, but I happened upon the following article and it sure makes me want to do some exploring next time I'm in Bangkok. Perhaps some of you have spent some time in Bangkok's Chinatown and can make some recommendations as to things to do, things to see, places to eat, and if there is any gay activity there. http://www.thestandard.com.hk/stdn/std/Weekend/GD16Jp02.html

    • 10 replies
    • 3.7k views
  17. Started by TotallyOz,

    I have been impressed on this trip with the renovations of several bars in Pattaya that I had been to in the past. BoyzBoyzBoyz has redone their area and the stage is now on one side and seating is easier to see the guys. I liked the new arrangements a great deal. Wild West boys moved to a new location and it is much larger than when i was here last. They seem to be able to fit a great deal more people there and the night we went, it was packed and we had to sit in the front row. Jimm Jimmy James did an outstanding job on his renovation. Great new seating area and TV's that are large and fun to watch. The stage is larger and you can see the boys much be…

    • 1 reply
    • 1.5k views
  18. Guest PattayaPlayers
    Started by Guest PattayaPlayers,

    Sunday, March 9, 2008 An Evening of One Acts -- Tickets On Sale Now! The Pattaya Players are proud to announce that tickets for their maiden voyage production, An Evening Of One Acts are now on sale! Ticket prices are 300 Baht for adults and 200 Baht for children (under the age of 12). An online ticketing center has been set up at www.pattayaplayers.org and tickets for all performances (May 16th-18th, 2008) can be purchased with a credit card or Paypal account. Tickets will also be available for purchase in person through all Board Members. In the near future, the Pattaya Players will also be setting up temporary ticketing kiosks in the downtown Pattaya area for pa…

    • 1 reply
    • 1.3k views
  19. Started by Maple,

    There is a front page article titled, "FBI In Pattaya" in the Pattaya People Newspaper for 1-8 March 2008. Tucked in the end of the article is the following sentence: "The FBI and American Embassy are also interested to get closer to the Pattaya community regarding investigation of illegal activities and wrong doings of US citizens here in Pattaya." I would be interested in Hedda's thoughts and opinion on this.

    • 2 replies
    • 3k views
  20. Guest LP
    Started by Guest LP,

    delete

    • 0 replies
    • 1.5k views
  21. Guest travelerjim
    Started by Guest travelerjim,

    Gay Affairs photos: GayTingTongs March 6th Charity Party Here are the photos & report from the recent March 6th Gay Ting Tongs Charity Night at Oscar's Pattaya: http://www.gayaffairspattaya.com/gallery/0603gayting.htm GayTingTong's Presentation Night at Oscars On Thursday, March 6, 2008 representatives and members of the popular internet forum www.gaytingtong.com plus visitors and regulars to Boyz Town attended a Charity Presentation Night at Oscars in Boyz Town. Over the last few months members of the forum have very generously donated money to be used for charity. So, consequently GayTingTong.com organized a Presentation Night…

    • 1 reply
    • 1.9k views
  22. Started by Gaybutton,

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080306/lf_af...landtourismfood Bangkok Restaurant to Give Big Spenders a Taste of Poverty Agence France Presse A Bangkok restaurant is treating its biggest spenders to a 300,000-dollar meal prepared by Michelin-starred chefs -- but only after they have jetted to an elephant camp to see how the other half live. Lebua hotels, which last year put on a sumptuous dinner with a 29,000-dollar per head price tag, will on April 5 fly up to 50 of their top clients to Surin province in northeastern Thailand, one of the kingdom's poorest regions. After seeing the dwindling number of pachyderms and the impoverished lives of th…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.5k views
  23. Started by TotallyOz,

    There is an article online talking about gaydar and it could be attributed to some scientific based rationale. I have always had a pretty good "gaydar" when I am in America and I think I am pretty accurate over 95 percent of the time. Of course that is my country of birth and I am so use to the prejudices and nuances of the people there. When I travel to Thailand, my gaydar goes into hibernation mode as I cannot tell at all which Thai boys are gay or not. It is almost impossible for me. The same clues that I use in the states does not work here at all. I have seen the boyfriend and he is able to tell which ones are gay and which ones are not much better than me. I t…

    • 11 replies
    • 6.1k views
  24. Started by TotallyOz,

    Chiang Mai has several options for shopping. They have several malls and shopping areas. Two of them I went to on several occassions. Both are called Central Shopping. One of them is very close to PJ's Guest House and within walking distance of the hotel and the other area is close to the airport. Both have movies and many stores. They also had metered taxies outside and was very easy to take a taxi or to get a Tuk Tuk. The night bazar is close to the D2 bars. It is nightly and has tons of discounted merchandise from clothes to trinkets to Thailand souvenirs. It is a favorite of tourists. I bought several things here and all were discounted for me from the re…

    • 10 replies
    • 3k views
  25. Started by Dick,

    Those who were reading the Sawatdee Board this time last year will have read of the good work of this UK based charity. Every year the Project organises Childrens' Parties for the kids in the slums, the Hauy Pong Home, and those less well off who receive help through their sponsorship scheme. Christmas and New Year is not so far off, so I am again posting a link to the Project's website in the hope that readers of the Board might again contribute towards these parties. £2.50 or $5 is all that's required to pay for 1 child to attend the Party! October Report and New Year Party Appeal Some on Sawatdee Board who queried whether this was a pukka cause with the transpa…

    • 17 replies
    • 6k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.