Gay Thailand
This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.
Subforums
11,067 topics in this forum
-
I don't know whether to laugh, cry, or just give up. I can't even remember now how many years I, and others, have been trying to convince people not to come to Thailand and start engaging in sex with under-age boys. I can't imagine that any of the people who have been arrested over the years were ignorant of the consequences, and yet they continue to think with their crotches instead of their brains. The part that angers me more than any of it is not the fact that they do this and get caught. If they are stupid enough to take the risk and lose, then my position is 'tough shit.' It angers me because the sheer number of arrests places a terrible stigma on those w…
-
- 9 replies
- 6.1k views
-
-
The following appears in the Pattaya City News: _____ Crazed Man Seeking TV Stardom Steals Fire Truck in Naklua Police units were called into action in the early hours of Thursday Morning following reports of a young man who had attempted to steal a fire rescue truck from a station in Naklua. The attempt was successful and the crazed man, Khun Sitipon aged 36 drove away and eventually crashed the vehicle and was caught by Police. He explained that he was desperate to get himself on TV and decided to steal the truck so he would be on the news here in Pattaya. He is now behind bars awaiting a court appearance but is apparently happy that his dream of being…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
The following article appears today in the Bangkok Post Business News (front page). FOREIGN PROPERTY OWNERSHIP Government considers longer leasehold terms PARISTA YUTHAMANOP & KANANA KATHARANGSIPORN The government is considering allowing greater foreign ownership in property firms and extending leasehold periods beyond 30 years to stimulate the business, according to Finance Minister Surapong Suebwonglee. The amendment would stimulate market segments that have been hit by sluggish demand, he said yesterday. ''This has been discussed quite seriously over the past two to three months. We need to think about the percentage of shareholding and l…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
New storm head toward cyclone-devastated Myanmar AP Another powerful storm headed toward Myanmar's cyclone-devastated delta on Wednesday and the U.N. warned that inadequate relief efforts could lead to a second wave of deaths among the estimated 2 million survivors. The country's junta told visiting Thai Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej, however, that it is in control of the relief operations and doesn't need foreign experts. Samak visited a government relief center in Yangon and told reporters after returning to Bangkok that the junta has given him the "guarantee" that there are no disease outbreaks and no starvation among the cyclone survivors. "…
-
If you have been following the "Exchange Rate on the Move . . ." thread, you've been witnessing the strength of the baht weakening over the past several days. The Bank of Thailand is saying this weakening is only temporary. I will try to keep tabs on the daily opening and closing rates in the "Exchange Rate on the Move . . ." thread for you. The following appears in the BANGKOK POST: _____ Baht Softens Temporarily An ongoing softening of the Thai currency, the baht, against the US dollar is expected for a short-term basis while inflationary rate in Thailand is projected to continue rising on the back of increasing in oil and commodity prices, Bank o…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
EarWig posted about this on the Gay Ting&Tong forum. http://www.gaytingtong.com/topic2773.html I have no personal confirmation of this at the time of this posting, but I will say that EarWig's information of this type is usually reliable. Assuming it's true, my condolences to Peter's family and friends.
-
The cyclone in Burma has already killed tens of thousands of people. Most of the emerging stories are about the death toll, the expected dramatic increase in numbers of dead, and the incredibly callous and unfeeling handling of this disaster by the Burmese government. Now another disaster has hit, this time in China. The following appears in the BANGKOK POST: _____ Beijing - A 7.8-magnitude earthquake felt as far away as Bangkok killed more than 700 people and buried thousands in Sichuan province of southwest China. Authorities said they feared 5,000 or more were dead. and Chinese President Hu Jintao ordered "all-out" efforts to help 900 school children …
-
- 0 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
I have received a few inquiries as to what happened in Sunee Plaza a couple of nights ago. A few hours before closing time several bars suddenly started hustling the customers out the door and closed down for the night. That's because the bars received a tip that yet another raid was on for that night and it was imminent. The raid didn't happen. As for why it didn't happen, the only reasons I can come up with are the tip was wrong in the first place, the raid was canceled for some reason, or the police got a tip about the tip and decided to postpone until they can raid with an element of surprise. Your guess is as good as mine.
-
- 4 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
The owner of the Mosaik has expanded to homes from his Day/Night venture. On his site, it is called New Project. http://mosaikpattaya.com/
-
- 0 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
The two most popular articles I've ever written were the "How to Obtain the Retirement Visa" article and the "How to Obtain the Thai Driver's License" article. Today, May 8, I have revised the driver's license article. Much has changed since the last revision, a year ago. Also, any of the gay media is perfectly welcome to publish my articles, free of charge, provided they cite me as the author and include the URL for this web site. _______________________ I just edited this and placed the article online for you in both HTML and PDF format, rather than making you send a request for it:
-
- 5 replies
- 3.8k views
-
-
From Gayaffairs: _____ A celebration of the life of Robbie Ruiter will be held at Le Cafe Royale on Friday May 9th. at 1 pm. (13.00hrs.) Everyone welcome. Drinks and refreshments will be provided. This information is from Mick at Le Cafe Royale
-
- 2 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
PressDisplay.com a good source of daily newspapers... PressDisplay.com a good source of daily newspapers... http://www.pressdisplay.com/pressdisplay/viewer.aspx As a retired expat now living in Thailand, at times I miss having access to my favorite daily newspapers... from my hometown, country and even from within Thailand. I live in Chonburi City - 65 km North of Pattaya - where access to buying a Bangkok Post...or The Nation is almost impossible... So I have found this website which for US $9.95 monthly which allows me access from my computer any 31 issues in a month of many, many newspapers published around the world... and that's che…
-
South Pattaya Dentist - Dr Supachai & a Night in Pattaya This past week I invited a staff member from the Mike's La Cage Club in the Sunee Plaza area...to join me for an evening of dinner, show and clubbing. The handsome young man from KohnKaen had just joined the Staff at La Cage, having recently been a Staff Waiter at The Bondi Hotel in Jomtien. We enjoyed several drinks at La Cage, then proceeded to see the 10:30pm show at Wild- Wild-West Club. A good showtime performance of 30 minutes, many handsome staff, entertainers..showtime drinks are 150 baht... (99 baht before 10pm) and we both enjoyed the show. After the show, we stopped into Le…
-
Remember a few months ago when Interpol requested public help in tracking down "the swirl"? Now Interpol is requesting public assistance in tracking down another one. Full story and photos are on: http://www.pattayadailynews.com/shownews.p...NEWS=0000005898
-
For many months, the supermarket at Paragon has been charging Bt. 199 for a small 125 gram pack of New Zealand blueberries. For exactly the same pack from the same producer, Central Chidlom charged between Bt. 109 and Bt. 129. Moral - caveat emptor!
-
Whilst shopping at Villa this morning I noticed what I thought was a decidely bad practice. One of the guys went throught the cheese on display, and took all the ones with expired sell by dates away to the back counter. There he unwrapped them, and using a knife and bare hands shaved off a little from each surface, then re-wrapped and re-wieghed. Lo and behold, back on display, refreshed and no longer expired.
-
I received confirmed information today that the land on which the Ocean Blue Condos was to be built has been sold and a deposit was paid yesterday. My source tells me the buyer is a land speculator, not a builder, and is only buying the land, but not the ongoing project. It is my understanding that the Ocean Blue project will not go ahead. That means those who have paid deposits for condos will need go to the estate agents to confirm this and get their money back, if possible, if there will be no condo construction after all.
-
- 0 replies
- 2k views
-
-
I'm in the process of doing some major home improvements. One of the things I want to do is to create a 'hanging garden' on my patio. In Chiang Mai, I usually stay at the Come-On Place. If you have ever been there, you would have seen exactly the kind of thing I want to do, just outside of your room. They have a hanging garden made of chain-link on some sort of angled supports. I've been trying my damnedest to explain what I want to the people who are doing the work at my house, but I can't get them to understand what I want to do (even with the help of a Thai neighbor who speaks fluent English. She doesn't understand what I want either.) What I need to do i…
-
- 2 replies
- 2.1k views
-
-
Gay Affairs Pattaya has posted their May 2008 Calendar of Events for Pattaya... "Gay Guide Pattaya, Gay Thailand: news, diary, images, maps, links. A guide to gay life in Pattaya" see it here..and it is updated daily... http://www.gayaffairspattaya.com/diary/2008.htm Thanks Gay Affairs Pattaya Webmaster for keeping us informed :-)
-
NEW Issue of Spice Magazine now on-line... http://www.spicemag.net/ Thanks Editor Phil...for another great issue... Best Wishes for continued success with Spice Mag... Welcome to Pattaya!
-
NEW PG Weekly Report for May 6, 2008 now on-line... NEW PG Weekly Report for May 6, 2008 now on-line... http://www.pgreport.com/index.shtml (select May 6th and click to read) PATTAYA NEWS & FORTHCOMING EVENTS End of an era at Le Café Royale Thais4Life fund raising quiz at Oscars Football at Panorama Preview for PG Report of the May/June 2008 Spice! Amor Summer Promotion Pattaya Players News Bar La Cage - Diary for May "Cosmic Interludes" at Gallery Opium May 3rd News from Sunee Plaza and Soi Day Night BANGKOK NEWS Silom Soi 4 Pink Party Telephone Pub News News and Events from @Richard’s Pub AND FINALLY . . . …
-
Helmut, formerly of Poseidon and Luxor has taken over the recently closed Flamboyant Restaurant in Jomtien Complex. If the refurbishment, to make the ambiance more “cozy”, is complete they hope to open on 1st May.
-
I promise you, I really do not make these things up. see http://www.pattayacitynews.net/news_05_05_51_3.html for photos. The following appears in the PATTAYA CITY NEWS: _____ Reconstruction Following Triple Murder of Police Volunteers in Laem Chabang On 12th April a triple murder took place in Laem Chabang which claimed the life of three Laem Chabang Police Volunteers. Local Police have been working hard to locate the suspected shooter and over the weekend, they announced the capture of Khun Chairat aged 22 who confessed to the murder and took part in a re-enactment of the chain-of-events leading up to and including the fatal shooting of the three Po…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
The boyfriend is getting ready to go back to weekend school to get his degree. It costs about 1k baht a semester for him and that includes books. Next year will be his last and then it is off to college. He is 23 and has made up 4 years of high school in the last 2. There are many others that do these schools all over the country. I think most of them start in May. If not registered, it is still possible for others to register but they may have to pay a bit of a "fee" to the teacher to get them enrolled late. I do not think there is a better way to do something good for a Thai guy than to send them to school if that is what they want to do. Many of them do but the…
-
Monday, May 5 is Thailand's Coronation Day, a holiday celebrating the anniversary of His Majesty, the King's ascension to the throne. So far, I have heard nothing about bar closures. I don't know, as of this writing, whether the bars will be open or not. If I am able to find out, I'll let you know.
-
- 2 replies
- 1.9k views
-