Gay Thailand
This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.
Subforums
11,067 topics in this forum
-
Airfare Sale from USA...LAX to BKK from US$476.00 + It has been a LONG time since I have seen good low airfares from the USA...many cities..to Bangkok! Here is an airfare sale worth posting... BEST TRAVEL STORE has posted a wide variety of Airfare Sales from USA to Bangkok and Asia... http://www.bt-store.com/default.asp?CatID=10&PageID=10 http://www.bt-store.com/default.asp?CatID=...p;GeoAreaID=0_2 NATIONWIDE SALE! Save on Flights and Depart before March 21. Sale ends Mar 6! BANGKOK from $476* Los Angeles $476* San Francisco $487* Portland $485* Detroit $539* WEST…
-
NEW PG Weekly Report for March 4, 2008 now available... NEW PG Weekly Report for March 4, 2008 now available... http://www.pgreport.com/index.shtml (select March 4th and click to read) PATTAYA NEWS & FORTHCOMING EVENTS Pattaya Gay Festival 2008 PGF 2.5 million baht presentation to Heartt 2000 The Birdcage Pattaya opening March 2: Report Oscars to host Charity Presentation Night Oscars monthly Thais4Life Quiz Oscar the Thais4Life Bear Travel Update Ozz Bar Charity Quiz Night: Report Fundraising Evenings at Lux'or Bar La Cage - Diary for March Camillian Centre: Swimming Pool Grand Opening Pattaya Players: Sponsorship Board Member …
-
My first bowling experience in Pattaya was at the new bowling complex down 2nd Road and across from the Royal Garden. There was ample parking for motorcycles and there is a back entrance to get out to Soi Bukow for easy access to Day/Night. The bowling center has loud music and a feel of elegance. The blue lights were all over the place and they have VIP rooms for Karaoke and parties. The bathrooms were very clean and enjoyable to use. The shoe are all new and the balls were nice with a huge selection. The lanes worked well and we had no problems at all with the pins or lanes. The food was tasty and our group ate dinner there. I had one friend who cele…
-
- 0 replies
- 2k views
-
-
As I'm sure most of you know, the new Birdcage bar, which used to be Lek's Bar, followed by being Guys Bar, is located on Soi Day-Night, adjacent to the Day-Night Hotel. I have not visited the bar yet during opening hours. Today I was there two hours before opening time and had a talk with Kevin and Marsha. I must say I'm greatly impressed with what they are trying to do. Both said there were opening night problems, which is to be expected, and they are getting them worked out quickly. Marsha said he put the whole thing together only within the last ten days, so whatever those of you who have already been there experienced, and I understand most people were great…
-
I have a guy I have been a friend with for a few years. He is Thai and has a child and a girlfriend. I have never really understood the Thai mindset and sat down with my boyfriend and this guy last night and chatted for a few hours. The boy had been getting cash from his boyfriend (another farang) on a regular basis when I was in Thailand before. When I came here, he called my boyfriend as they were good friends and wanted to see us and I was glad to see him again. I asked about his family and his daughter. He said he couldn’t see the daughter as the mother of the girl would not let it happen anymore and the girlfriend was not allowed to see him eithe…
-
Gay Boy Thailand asks: Why are you Gay? Gay Boy Thailand updates their website almost daily... a good website to visit view...and the "eye candy" is too :-) http://gayboythailand.com/bangkok-thailand/ Welcome Thai and Asian boys. Boy bands, pop stars and models. A diary from gay life in Bangkok. Stories about my Thai boyfriend and a gay novel. On March 3rd...GBT asks: http://gayboythailand.com/bangkok-thailand...-gay/#more-2538 "Why are you gay? A woman asked me this recently. She was from the Philippines. She had to be, asking a question like that. I suspect she was annoyed I didn’t desire her as she stood on the str…
-
I had to do a Visa run and we did it to Maesai. That is in Myanmar. It is about 4 or so hours from Chiang Mai and not far from Chiang Lai. The boarder was typical of a run with lots of shops on both sides and lots of beggars and swindlers. To get a one-day pass to Myanmar costs 10USD or 500 baht. However, I tried to pay in USD and they kept finding something wrong with the bill and finally I realized that the dollar sucks and they didn’t want it, so I paid in Baht and they took it fast. They do hold on to your passport and you get it back when you return. That was a bit odd for me but it all worked out fine. We had a chance to visit the Golden Triangle, which i…
-
I went last night to Body Language with some boys celebrating an ex's 22nd Birthday. The place is behind Sunee Plaza and in the area where there great German Restaurant is. The place is packed with sexy Thai guys and is a very popular gay hangout. There were very few farangs in attendance and the crowd was mostly Thai boys buying drinks for themselves and celebrating together. There were several coyote dancers roaming around the place and they were sexy to watch. I asked the guys with me why they chose this place for the party and they said: "well it has cute boys for you to look at and good music and cheap whiskey for us." Well, in my humble opinion, they were right…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
Climbing Thailand was an excellent day trip. We choose a day at the rocks plus an extra adventure to the Hot Springs. The cost was 2500 baht per person. I had the boyfriend and 2 other Thai guys and the four of us were given our own 2 guides and instructors. We didn’t have to have others in our group and we had great individual attention. PJ’s arranged the trip for us and I found much easier to just let these guys do the work for us and all we had to do was show up at the right time in the dining room. We were picked up at the hotel and taken to the rock climbing store and school. We signed waivers and were given a choice of meals to order for lunch…
-
One of the things I am learning is that I enjoy doing more of the adventures that each city I visit has to offer. The boyfriend and I wanted to take a day to enjoy the jungle outside of Chiang Mai. We decided to do a 3 way adventure. First, we were picked up at the hotel. PJ's Hotel organized the trip for us. We were taken by van to an Elephant ride in the jungle. The ride was nice and crossed the river a few times. It was about 30-40 minutes total I guess. The park also had an elephant show that was enjoyable and for 20 baht, you can buy bananas and feed to the elephants during and after the show. Next, we were driven to a bike shop and given mountain …
-
Gay Affairs Pattaya: Bird Cage Grand Opening Photos The Gay Affairs Pattaya website has posted many photos of the Grand Opening of the Bird Cage http://www.gayaffairspattaya.com/gallery/0203birdopen.htm As posted on Gay Ting Tongs website, http://www.gaytingtong.com/topic2514.html The Birdcage Pattaya opening night... Sunday March 2 saw the opening of Pattaya's newest venue on Soi Day Night 1: The Birdcage Pattaya. The venue, which up until February 22 was known as "Guys", is now being run by former Throb/Splash owner Kevin Quill. The doors opened at 8pm and there was a constant flow of customers all eager to get a view of the ne…
-
The following appears in THE NATION: _____ BOT and Ministry Will Ride the Baht The Bank of Thailand and the Finance Ministry will jointly manage the exchange rate through the market mechanism, following tomorrow's end to 14 months of hard-knuckled capital controls. Published on March 2, 2008 Tarisa Watanagase, the central-bank governor, told Nation Channel yesterday that the new BOT Act would go into effect tomorrow and the Finance Ministry had a new public-debt management law to rein in the baht. Both laws let the central bank and Finance Ministry issue an unlimited amount of bonds to manage the demand for and supply of foreign exchange as a…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
(BangkokPost.com) - Central bank on Friday decided to remove the 30% reserve requirement on short-term capital inflows imposed by the previous government. Central bank governor Tarisa Watanagase said that the lift will be effective from Monday. "The central bank decided to lift the capital controls because of the improving economic situation," she said. The controls were imposed during the Surayud Chulanont administration in an attempt to control the appreciation of the baht against the dollar. The controls required 30% of all incoming investments to be held by financial institutions for up to one year.
-
Bank of Ayudhya advertises 3.85%, 4.00%, 4.25%...??? Looking at the Thai newspaper today - Daily News... back page of section one... an ad appears in Thai which appears to be a new offer for cd's... starting this next week for a limited time.. 100,000 baht minimum deposit... 3.85% to 2553 (2 years) 4.00% to 2554 (3 years) 4.25% to 2555 (4 years)... I do not read Thai ...but that is my best guess at what they are offering. Indeed, a nice increase from the current offers for cd's... 3% from Bangkok Bank, 100,000 baht and for 2 years. Maybe someone else can look at the ad...I checked the website and no info on it yet. http://www.krun…
-
See the following from PATTAYA MAIL: http://www.pattayamail.com/current/news.shtml#hd18
-
- 0 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
US Embassy in Phuket, Pattaya, Kohn Kaen in March 7/21/28 American Embassy Consular visit to Phuket, Pattaya & Kohn Kaen as reported by Pattaya City Expats Club: http://www.pattayacityexpatsclub.com/modul...le&sid=1096 News you can use - News from the American Citizen Services Section We have several announcements from the American Citizens Services Section regarding upcoming consular outreaches, new passport fees and parental signature requirements and U.S. voting announcements 1. Upcoming consular service outreaches -- The Consular Section of the American Embassy in Bangkok is pleased to inform you of three upcoming Embassy consular v…
-
NEW PG Weekly Report for February 26, 2008 available... CURRENT COMPILATION FOR THE 7 DAYS ENDING FEBRUARY 26th 2008 http://www.pgreport.com/index.shtml (select February 26th and click to read) PATTAYA NEWS & FORTHCOMING EVENTS Tribute to the Stars PGF Street Party: Report Pattaya Gay Festival 2008 The Birdcage Pattaya opens March 2 Oscars to host Charity Presentation Night Oscars monthly Thais4Life Quiz Bar La Cage - Diary for February/March News from Sunee Plaza and Soi Day Night Pattaya Players: "an evening of one acts" Creation and Transformation at Gallery Opium Preview of the March issue of SPICE! BANGKOK NEWS New…
-
As many of you know, the news dominating the headlines in Thailand at the moment is that ousted Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has returned to Thailand. He vows to stay out of politics. Good or bad, he is back in Thailand. The following appears in THE NATION: _____ THAKSIN'S BOISTEROUS HOMECOMING "I definitely stay out of politics" : Thaksin Published on February 28, 2008 Our Political Desk will be with you until Thaksin Shinawatra goes to bed in Thailand for the first time since September, 2006. He must be feeling very strange. We are. 2:19 pm: Thaksin starts speaking at his press conference. During the conference, he vows to sta…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
I decided to try something a bit different than a typical holiday in Thailand. I enrolled in a Muay Thai boxing camp. I was a bit leery with this decision and was told we would be jogging 5k each day so I have done that for a few weeks to prepare for the camp. Getting to the facility today, I know I was in for a hard four weeks. It was very rustic and that is being generous. It is all outside and the place has been around for years. The wear and tear of the place is evident. It has a nice reputation and the boxers that work there are all champions in their own right. To start the first day, we got into a truck, Thai style. That is, we all hopped into the …
-
Despite the fact that most airlines ask international passengers to arrive at the airport three hours before departure time, many people arrive less than one hour before departure time and usually make their flight. At Suvarnabhumi, according to the following article, you run a real risk of missing your international flight unless you arrive at least two hours early. The following appears in the BANGKOK POST: _____ Help Wanted: Airport Needs Immigration Staff The commissioner of immigration finally admitted on Sunday that a shortage of staff was forcing foreign visitors and returning Thais to wait in extremely long queues at Suvarnabhumi airport. "T…
-
Last night (Tuesday, Feb 26) Pattaya was hit by a powerful thunderstorm, and from what I understand it is considered a freak storm. We had torrential rains, but no damaging wind. However, the thunder was so powerful that it actually set off my car alarm. Sukhumvit highway was flooded. A friend was driving along Pattaya's Beach Road and he said the water had flooded well over the curb. My area did not lose electricity, but I have no idea whether any other areas of Pattaya lost electricity. I'm guessing there was no electricity loss. That usually happens only when a strong wind accompanies a thunderstorm. However, satellite television reception was lost for …
-
- 0 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
Boutique Guesthouse/B&B Great life style opportunity for a working couple Located in South Pattaya close to all the night life New 3 year lease, with right of renewal Forward bookings to October 2008 Potential to double bar and food turnover Books available to serious inquiries only Please, no time wasters. Email to guesthouse497@gmail.com
-
According to the following article in THE NATION, ousted premier Thaksin Shinawatra will return to Thailand this week to face the corruption charges leveled against him. If he does, things are going to get very interesting in Thailand because the opposition, according to the article, intends to stage protests. Could this trigger off yet another coup? That, of course, remains to be seen. The following appears in THE NATION: _____ Thaksin to Come Home This Week Democrats Urge Calm, but PAD Threatens to Hold Protests Published on February 26, 2008 Former premier Thaksin Shinawatra will return home later this week to defend himself against cor…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
Read an article on ThaiVisa about Farangs being asked about their details in Issan. Thought nothing of it until this evening. About 1/2 hour ago, having a drink at my local Noodle Shop - live in P'Lok - I was approached by my neighbour who is a Policeman and asked to complete details about myself and the house I rent. Details required: Name, Family name, Home and Mobile no:, Sex and number of people in the house. No problem, as he also had a list for the complete tambon - about 100 houses - which had been completed as well. Strange - anyone have an idea what is going on? PS We still smoke in my bar
-
- 1 reply
- 2k views
-
-
Poll: Politicians Must Not Quarrel; Army Might Launch New Coup D'etat BANGKOK, Feb 23 (TNA) Respondents in a poll conducted by Thailand's Suan Dusit Poll have urged politicians, both on the government and the opposition benches, to stop squabbling and perform their duties, warning that otherwise the military may come up with a new coup d'etat. The survey, conducted among 3,279 persons in 15 provinces February 20-23, found that almost 41 per cent of the respondents wanted the government and the opposition Democrat Party to stop their mudslinging and work for the country, while 33 per cent wanted to see problems of the rising cost of living and growing unem…