CurtisD

Pattaya accommodation suggestions

I have been a regular visitor to Bangkok for over a decade but have never been to Pattaya.

Now I am planning my first trip and after searching various websites I can't find anything that seems to match Le Meridian which I use in Bangkok: five star, guest friendly, easy walk to nightlife, swimming pool relatively free of children (I swim to exercise).  In your collective wisdom, is there an equivalent option in Pattaya?

If the answer is 'no', is there an equivalent in Jomtien or, generally, what would be the closest match?

All advice appreciated. 

Sorry to hijack the topic but has anyone stayed at Mosaik Apartment? I am having a second thought about the Ambiance due to the "fish bowl" effect. Does anyone have any recommendation for accommodations that is close to boytown (preferbably walkable distance) ?

Thanks

There are literally hundreds of Hotels within walking distance of BT. But you have to give us an idea about your budget and month of travel since rates vary widely depending on season.

As far as Mosaik many members have stayed there and find it good value for money. Short walk to Sunee and fairly short walk to BT.

During my last 2 visits to Pattaya, I stayed at the Baan Souy Resort.  Peacefully located off Thrappaya Rd yet very easy access to Jomtien, Sunnee or Boys Town on a 5 minute baht bus ride.  Almost entirely gay, companions welcome.  Large and clean rooms steps away from a large pool and spa.  Well equipped gym.  Very friendly staff.  Excellent food from the coffee shop that can be delivered to you by the pool or in your room at no extra charge.  Check the website: http://www.baansouy.com/

I have been a regular visitor to Bangkok for over a decade but have never been to Pattaya.

Now I am planning my first trip and after searching various websites I can't find anything that seems to match Le Meridian which I use in Bangkok: five star, guest friendly, easy walk to nightlife, swimming pool relatively free of children (I swim to exercise). In your collective wisdom, is there an equivalent option in Pattaya?

If the answer is 'no', is there an equivalent in Jomtien or, generally, what would be the closest match?

All advice appreciated.

I concur with firecat69 on his recommendation of the Marriott. Close to five star services, swimming pool has a swim up bar (pictured) so no kids in that area, and they dont have a joiner fee and only sometimes check for ID (they did this to me only once in 5 stays). There's even a backdoor way to sneak in 2 or 3 boys through the Royal Garden Plaza mall doors (first and second floors), or the Beach Rd entrance, which I have tried to do at least once when 1 boy has not been enough. It's a 5 minute walk to Boyztown, and all the boys I've offed in Boyztown knew where the hotel was when I tell them where I was staying.

Photos of the swim up bar by the pool, and a 5th floor corner room balcony with lounges (huge balcony), with a boy I offed April last year:

post-16149-0-58403200-1459272862_thumb.jpeg

post-16149-0-42081900-1459272948_thumb.jpeg

If you only use the hotel for sleeping and fucking then the very cheap Marina Inn hotel I would recommend. Stayed there 3 days for about 20 EUR a night. In Tarntawan in Bangkok I had a room for 60 EUR a night. Gives an idea how cheap Marina is.

Marina isn't too bad. Why pay more if you only there in the evening? You don't live in the hotel room. Better spend the money on boys. That is my advice.

(Marina has a large swimming pool. But is not used very much)

Firecat, thank you very much.

Numazu, you clinched the sale!

I wish I got commission from the Marriott Pattaya because of this sale :).

screw pool and lounge - boy looks great !

I screwed the boy on the lounge. Does that count? :)

There are literally hundreds of Hotels within walking distance of BT. But you have to give us an idea about your budget and month of travel since rates vary widely depending on season.As far as Mosaik many members have stayed there and find it good value for money. Short walk to Sunee and fairly short walk to BT.

Does anyone know if Mosaik apartment has internet? Their website says free internet but booking.com says no internet available.

Does anyone know if Mosaik apartment has internet? Their website says free internet but booking.com says no internet available.

Yes I can confirm Mosaik has free WiFi. You get a password code for each device if you have more than one. I have had no problems with their WiFi on multiple visits over a few years, and have stayed in various of their Apartments in different buildings.

Hi, what does fishbowl effect means? And second which Marriott are you referring to? I see 2 Marriott in Pattaya. I will have a very quick escapade this coming weekend.

It's the Marriott on Beach Rd/Second Rd, which is a very short walk to Boyztown, not the Courtyard Marriott in South Pattaya, although the Courtyard is walkable to Sunee Plaza.