Guest Qualityonly

Propositioning a member of Hotel Staff

Guest Qualityonly

I have decided to stay in a rather luxurious Hotel on my next stay.

I received quite a good deal on the Hotel website so thought why not?

I have been trawling through the Hotel Website to see some gorgeous model looking boys working there.

I have often fantasised in the past of asking Staff if they did "short time" etc but could never bring myself to do it.

I guess its a combination of possibly being abused or even reported to management or Police should I do so.

Also I would be rather embarrassed or shy if they turn me down or asked exactly what I meant ?

Is there a subtle way of asking or suggesting?

I do have "business cards" that I could possibly give out with my Thai number, but hopefully the boys im salivating over would get the meaning.

How would you approach them and I know they arent going to be cheap especially if their straight but Im willing to pay for the right boy.

Your only problem might be the hotel staff rules.  Higher end hotels sometimes forbid hotel staff 'fraternizing' with guests, even during non-working hours.  Even in that eventuality, if you do find a willing guy, no law says you have to meet in your hotel room.  You could always arrange to meet somewhere else, away from the hotel, during his non working hours and go to another hotel, a short time room, or his own room.

Sometimes, if you're lucky, the boy will make his availability obvious.  These boys are probably paid around 10,000 to 12,000 baht per month.  The opportunity to make some more can be quite attractive.

I think it's best to talk face-to-face, but some people, especially newbies, are just too shy or feel too awkward to simply talk to the boy and tell him you would like to see him.  If that's you, use your card.

The last thing you need to worry about would be them asking what you mean.  Believe me, they all know exactly what you mean.  You could even write 1000 baht, or whatever price you have in mind, on the back of the card, perhaps with a smiley face too.  I guarantee they'll understand what you mean. 

None of them will go to management or the police.  Why should they?  You haven't committed some sort of crime by asking for a date.  Hotels always have their rules posted somewhere in the rooms.  Unless one of the rules says, "You are not allowed to ask our hotel staff for a date", you haven't done anything wrong.  I've never heard of any such problem.  You're worrying about a problem that doesn't exist. 

I've handed my own card several times to hotel staff boys I like.  When I do, I usually say something such as, "I like you.  If you can have time for me later, I hope you will call."  Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't, but none of them are likely to embarrass you in any way.  Nothing like that has ever happened to me and I don't know anyone who has had that happen.  The worst that can happen is you'll get a smile, but no call.  I can honestly say I get the call more than half the times I've done that.

If you find a hotel staff worker you like, you have absolutely nothing to lose by trying.  Unless you have leprosy or something, chances are very good with at least one of them you will get precisely the response you're hoping for.

The first responsibility of any falang in his (or her) dealings with young hotel staff is not to do anything that puts their employment in jeopardy.

I've been propositioned twice  by cute  hotel staff, in Bali and  in Luxor, Egypt. I've often wondered what would have happened had I responded but I'm always conscious of the dangers in terms of the employment and, in the case of Egypt, the law.

not to do anything that puts their employment in jeopardy.

I've been propositioned twice  by cute  hotel staff, in Bali and  in Luxor, Egypt.

If you're that sexy, to the point boys would put their jobs in jeopardy to proposition you, can I have your phone number?

I have had sexy boy hotel staff in Bangkok, Pattaya and Hua Hin.  All in very nice hotels and I know they made great money. 

Plus, one old 80 year woman in Issan (longer story). ;)

Just make them a deal they can't refuse!

You could even write 1000 baht, or whatever price you have in mind, on the back of the card.......

And we wonder why farang have the sleazy reputation we do in these countries, so, lets walk up to a random every day hard working member of hotels and give them a business card, suggesting that they probably / obviously / maybe are a prostitute in their spare time and so you've decided off your your bat to offer them money for sex just in case -  classy..... NOT. 

How would we feel if someone did that to one of our relatives perhaps during their normal working day, either in terms of our relatives feelings or our view of the slime ball who had just propositioned them / insulted them in such a manner. 

And we wonder why farang have the sleazy reputation we do in these countries, so, lets walk up to a random every day hard working member of hotels and give them a business card, suggesting that they probably / obviously / maybe are a prostitute in their spare time and so you've decided off your your bat to offer them money for sex just in case -  classy..... NOT. 

How would we feel if someone did that to one of our relatives perhaps during their normal working day, either in terms of our relatives feelings or our view of the slime ball who had just propositioned them / insulted them in such a manner. 

I guess I am that sleazy foreigner but when I get the sense that someone is gay and approachable, I'll ask or just suggest they come to my place for a beer.  In Brazil, they know what this means and it has worked for me quite a bit with waiters and bartenders, etc.  In USA, I'll just hint and if they take the hint, I'm OK with asking. 

A great deal has to do with how your second sense is to these things.  Having worked in the adult industry, you tend to develop a nature sense of these things.  I have never once felt someone was insulted.  In fact, in NYC, many years ago, one of my regulars was a guy who worked at a local art gallery.  I was buying some art and he knew I liked him and basically said it was OK to approach him.  I did and saw him well over 100 times over the years. 

Guest ryanasia

Spare us the self righteousness. You are after all active in more than one forum where the topic of the day is how much a piece of ass costs. No wonder we all have such a bad reputation. 

I don't agree at all.  We're talking about Thailand and Thai thinking.  Also, if people were propositioning my relatives, so what?  If there is a reason why that should bother me, I don't know what it is.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with it and you can believe - if I'm in a hotel and see a staff member who interests me, the only thing I care about is what the Thai boy thinks.  And it has been my experience that many of them are delighted.  If in your eyes that makes me a sleaze, then I'm a sleaze - and I plan on continuing to be a sleaze.

When you're in Thailand, what are you here to do?  Why do I have a feeling visiting the various wats is not the main item on your priority list?

As soon as I find myself interested in a set of rules as to where it is and is not acceptable to try to pick up a boy, you'll be the first one I'll ask.

In the real world there is hotel staff having sex with resident customers.  It happens on cruise ships, in prisons and in hospitals.  Yes, people are having sex and a lot of it.

While in Thailand I have been propositioned by hotel staff while staying there.  I have also crossed paths with hotel staff who took off like a road runner once they learned I was still a resident at their hotel.

Of the 2 guys I have had sex with at their hotels, I think we both knew the risk they were taking.  The second guy was concerned and mentioned that there were cameras in the halls so he would have to be very careful.

Away from the hotel we went out a few times to local restaurants and to Silom but I began to find it difficult to bring guys back to my room without hurting his feelings.  His constant calls and notes slipped under my door was a bit of a worry for me.  He knew I was changing hotels and I was breathing a bit easier once the move was made.  Now when I would come into the hotel the staff would stop me to give me a note left by him and I could not answer my phone in the room out of the fear that it would be him.  It is because of him that I won't have sex with hotel staff anymore.

When I stayed at the Regent in Silom.  There was a very good looking guy at the front desk.  I noted him and I also noticed the way he looked at me.  Once when I walked by he looked at me in such a way that the older lady behind the counter with him gave him a look as if to tell him that he was being far too obvious in his admiration.

I kept my distance from him during my time there and on my last day I gave him a gift.  I remember the younger girl with him seemed surprised by my gift to him but it seem to make his day.

Can you get lucky with hotel staff?

Yes.

But you may regret it.....

Guest ryanasia

Yes, indeed if you were concerned about what your friends and family would think, you should consider if you should be doing those things. I doubt Nirish tells his family what he gets up to over here but is quick to judge others. Those who live in glass houses. FWIW I have been fairly candid in this forum and all of my friends know I am a derelict sleazebag and that's why they love me, I didn't meet them in church. 

The hotels I tend to use in Bangkok & Pattaya don't tend to have any candidates, so there's not chance of a one night fling with the hotel staff, followed by awkwardly bringing in other visitors.   I'm fine with that.

Getting off with hotel staff somewhere without much of a whoring scene is a more interesting target for me.

There have been several hotels where I would have liked to get the staff into my room, but did not.  Particularly memorable examples were in Paakse, where the hotel had a number of attractive lads and Saigon, where I stayed in a hotel with a couple of nice bell boys in uniform.  Plus numerous other places. This is unfinished business.

However, I'm not going to cause embarrassment by making an obvious approach in front of all the other staff.

Guest ryanasia

You do it in the elevator with the bell boy or something like this. I am not sure if I would try it at a place like the Oriental but I am perhaps somewhat prudish. Half the time service workers will offer to obtain sexual services. There is nothing better than saying to a taxi driver that would be splendid and then informing him that he is the lucky guy. Have they no shame? They would sell their own sister if it is was an easy buck. It can be hard to tell who is the sleazy one at times.

I still find coming to what is a sex tourist site to judge others a bit rich.

Spot on regarding sleazy offers by taxi drivers, etc. I remember one cute tuk tuk driver in Vientiane who offered "young girl" to me. He quickly shut up when I told him I'm into guys and he's welcome to follow me to my room right away. I got similar offers in Bangkok, but none of the guys was cute enough to make the same counter offer. Shame.

Guest ryanasia

I start groping them if they think I am shy they do not hesitate to touch me with out permission. I am usually quite reserved but sometimes you need to be a bir ridiculous to make a point. FWIW I don't normally hit on bell boys in an elevator but it is hardly shocking this is Asia. What do you thin goes on in hotels around here? 

They would sell their own sister if it is was an easy buck. It can be hard to tell who is the sleazy one at times.

I still find coming to what is a sex tourist site to judge others a bit rich.

If they were selling their own brother, I might be interested - not in a sale, but perhaps a rental.  Perhaps a 'try before you buy' offer is in there somewhere . . .

Regarding being judged, as far as I'm concerned judge away.  "GB, you are accused of being a sleaze - a dirty old man.  How do you plead?"

"Guilty."

Guest ryanasia

You all are a bunch of fucked up scumbag sleaze artists. If we weren't this site wouldn't exist. It is late at night and judging by my spelling and grammar I need to sleep. I am going to put a thougt to hold it here so I can add it in the right place tomorrow. I am not trying to offend anybody at this site. So the topic I am thinking of is Asians and how they see sexual hang ups and how it equates to perceived weakness in the pecking order. 

Anyway it is another topic and should be saved for a better time.

Use judgement in hotels as to who you make a move at. Pretty simple really.

Guest ryanasia

Well there are some sleazy farang out there!  I have been in an elevator with the boyfriend and some sleazebags try to hit on him. :mad:

Where the circumstances you met your BF under less sleazy? I don't mean that as a dig but considering the nature of the place. Again all I am saying is that guys that review different fucking shows and massages on a website in great detail may refrain from being that judgmental towards others. 

Some of those sleazy guys may even be on this website. lol No of course not, everybody else is sleazy and we are the wholesome ones. :)

Yes ryanasia, there's one right here. And proud of the fact that I can enjoy a fantastic sex life, especially in Asia.

However, I draw the line at propositioning guys outside of the known gay areas and venues. And this is where I think some of you have misunderstood Nirish's post and have wrongly criticised him.

I'm sure he won't mind me telling you all that he is a total slut. But like me, he sees the distinction between guys on the game and thus freely approachable for sex in the gay venues in which they work, as opposed to a guy working in a restaurant, shop, etc who might be offended if a farang approached him and suggested he prostitute himself.

Don't get me wrong. I've salivated numerous times over gorgeous guys who don't work in the gay service industry but wouldn't dream of approaching them......

unless they show some interest first.

Then all bets are off-I'd go in for the kill!

At the end of the day, to each his own.