williewillie

Winner Boys in Sunee Plaza opening February 18th

It seemed to be doing well when it opened as Sunny Boys with the nice German guy in charge but went downhill very quickly when the Thai Lady took charge.

I had some good times at Sunny Boys and still miss those cute twin twinks!

The new owner of Winner has already figured out the first step. Promote, promote promote.

Give the punters what they want.

Low priced drinks. The bar flies will flock for the 'free shots' on opening night and stick around for the low

priced drinks. Price is paramount for many.

The next step is finding hot friendly boys and avoiding vile hideous mamasans like the plague.

(Sunny Boys was standing room only and full of customers when they offered 25+ boys. As it was dying, the boy count

went down to 15, then under 10 and unbelievably down to one or two boys.)

Third, no cigarette smoking. Sure, you make some happy but turn off many more .

Fourth, reasonable sound level for music, good lighting, no strobe lights. Comfortable seating, no blocked views.

Lastly, it's all about the boys. A good mix of different types. Leave the titty boys for the ladyboy bars.

Willie is right . Lots of good steps .  However longevity of those steps beyond a few months is what counts. FunnyBoys forever a top notch bar because of Manager Rose. Consistent for years . Rose left and quick slide and then complete failure. 

Toy Boys at the top because of good consistent management. For years in Sunee Kaos had great management and then that owner/manager moved to NiceBoys which at least is still in business after many years.

Boyz Boyz Boyz for years was successful and then owner/ manager lost interest and Bar faltered . New management and Bar returns to its old Glory.

It is not easy to run a Gay Bar in Thailand and even harder to remain committed to be there every night which is the only way it will be successful. Just ask the German at DreamBoys in BKK.  Fabulous manager and as other Bars on that street change management or go out of business and return Dream Boys has the most customers and the most Boys. He knows his audience and how to maximize his income. I take my hat off to him even though I hardly ever go there anymore because of what I consider to be excessive prices. 

The Soi's are littered with Gay Bars that start up great and then just start to go downhill until they finally fail.

Only time will tell if this owner has the desire and smarts to last many years.

2 weeks ago in Pattaya, Sunee Plaza was dead. Didn't see one twink that interested me. Was really disappointing. 

I am going to head back to Pattaya in a few weeks and will take another look. Maybe it was just an "off night".. although it was a Saturday! 

2 weeks ago in Pattaya, Sunee Plaza was dead. Didn't see one twink that interested me. Was really disappointing. 

keep in mind , beauty is in the eye of beholder .

In beginning of Dec I made  a tour  of Sunee Plaza and liked what i saw at Good Boys / no surprise here / but did not like offers at both Power Boys and Nice Boys.

By sheer coincidence  somebody posted on one of forums report of the same tour made at the same time , give or take a day,  and his impressions were exactly opposite.,

So we looked at the same scene but did not see the same picture

Basically what you say is true except the comment about things being dead by samebb.  If activity is dead due to lack of customers then it is likely few will be satisfied by what is on offer for boys. No customers no boys.

Good Boys is a different animal as it is not a GoGo Bar and probably never had a gay goy in the place except if dragged in there by a customer.

I stopped by twice last night. First time Bar was full of customers and no free seats anywhere. There's seating at

the bar on stools as well as the long couches.

Later on I stopped in again and it was still crowded but I found seats and ordered drinks. Draft beer was only 65 baht

and they had tiny shot glasses of tequila for free. About ten dancers in tight white briefs with Winner Boys printed on rear.

Lots of farang faces I'd never seen before, so it was a good night for Sunee Plaza. Eros was busy too.

Some boys might have been offed already, so Boy count could have been larger.

Bar looks same as former boy bar in same location, Sunny Boys.

There was no tobacco smoking and a/c was very good. Music ok, not too loud.

It felt like Sunny Boys on a very busy night to me and that's a good thing.

I was there a couple of hours. I was impressed by the quality of the boys. All in good shape with lots of sixpacks on display and I didnt recognize them from other bars before so i think the owner recruited new boys. Almost no tattoos at all on the boys! It was about 15 gogoboys when i arrived but i saw several offs during my stay.

Excellent drinkprices. Nice layout of the bar who give everyone a good view of the stage in the center and also boys dancing on small tables of the sides of the stage. I got the impression that the new owner knows what he is doing.

Everything good with this bar except that unfortunately unlike what Williewillie wrote the bar accept smoking and several people smoked which made it a bit uncomfortable for me.

Interesting that you saw the smoking. Just proves Bar cannot only be different on different days but on the same day and thus the only real way to tell if the Bar will become a personal favorite is to visit a number of times.

Also be interesting to see what happens when drink prices return to normal.

I was there tonight rather late. About 15 customers and 10 gogoboys and 5 waiters. Many boys sitting with customers. Everyone seemed to have a good time and business for the bar going well.

The beer bars in Sunee had a good share of customers too. I think Sunee is still alive and well yet.

I did go to Winner boys last night and echo what others have said about the bar.

Just like the Sunny boys; the deco, set up is exactly the same and the selection of boys is good taste (mostly twinkish. Sorry my opinion only). I still miss the Happy Boys which do not seem to come back.

As for smoking, I think the bar allows smoking and they would provide ashtrays if asked. I know many do not like smoking. I do smoke and if a premise allows smoking, I will light up.