Guest pdrennan

First time to Jomtien....Advice Please!

Guest pdrennan

Hey guys....So this will be my first trip to Thailand coming up next week on the 20th.  I'll only be in town for 6 days and then back to the states.  I'm going to be staying at the Agate in Jomtien and I'm wanting to know if any of you guys can give me some tips on where to find the cutest boys.  I am definitely more attracted to 18-20's, young, smooth, thin, smaller framed boys then I am muscular guys....  I've found a few on GayRomeo, one particular that wants to spend time with me, and is open to a 3 way (which has always been a fantasy of mine :)...) which sounds like fun!  So PLEASE...advise and share some experiences if you could.

I'd also like some suggestions for good places to eat dinner....Thai of course and a big seafood lover.  Would like to know if there are places on the beach or beach views that are recommended.

Thanks in advance for your replies :)

My info if it matters:

42 year old, white American, 260 pounds (thick but fit), 6'1", fun loving, straight acting, and HORNY like a teenager.....lol...

I hope you get some good info here. My next trip will center around Jomtien. I've only ever made quick trips on the back of a motorbike. Never had the chance to look around.

There is an abundance of restaurants on the jomtien 'beach' road. We did stop at one, no idea of the name. But it had tables set out basically on the beach side footpath. So we were overlooking the sand and water. Pleasant enough and good food.

The bars in the Jomtien complex cater for your (and my) tastes. I'm still confused as to how the bars there work. I'm presuming it's just like a gogo bar in terms of offing a boy for some night time fun

Hornet and Gayromeo are in my opinion the better apps to use

There is apparently a night market on the main road, somewhere near soi 9. Anyone been there?? It's got the usual stalls selling stuff I don't won't, but I love eating in the that type of place

Enjoy your trip. And feel free to add your experiences and knowledge when you get back!!

The gay scene is in Jomtien Complex but no go-go bars, just beer/host bars and many of them. You just have to go from one to another and shop around for what you like. What is cute or desirable for you may not be the same as  others. 

From my limited experience the young, thin, smaller framed boys are more likely to be found in Sunee Plaza or Boyztown go-go bars but one must look for themselves. Shouldn't take more than one night to figure out if Jomtien Complex is your type of hunting ground.

For sea food there is Sand Bar on the beach a short walk from the Complex.

If you are looking for Thai style sea food there are 2 restaurants overlooking the sea at the far end of The Beach Road where the road turns away from the sea.You would need to get a taxi as it is a fair way to walk.Reception at Agate would book you a taxi.

It is much more enjoyable eating there with a friend, so find a guy who is good for your nightlife, can speak enough English and enjoy.

I also like Sandbar but the food there is more to Western tastes

Recently back from jomtiem myself.

Nice enough selection of lads at the bars willing to go with you.

Personally I love toy boys in BoysTown - I always find educated quality twinks there.

There was a lovely French restaurant behind agate on the main road - 100m away. Great steaks. Linda's restaurant awful.

Enjoy

There was a lovely French restaurant behind agate on the main road - 100m away. Great steaks. Linda's restaurant awful.

You might be referring to Natan, a great restaurant with beautiful food. Each time I'm there I visit Natan. not the cheapest but I always figure I'm on holiday so why should I worry lol

Guest DThump

From my limited experience the young, thin, smaller framed boys are more likely to be found in Sunee Plaza or Boyztown go-go bars but one must look for themselves. Shouldn't take more than one night to figure out if Jomtien Complex is your type of hunting ground.

From the OP's discription he prefers twinks, Jomtien Complex offers many and a bit fem...Sunee is all but finished however, there is a new go go there catering to twink lovers called "Winner" other than that it is a waste of time.

The Agate is the pin on the map (which I've drawn over!).

The turquoise line is where the long line of bars are. Laid back, nice atmosphere, just walk along until you see a bar you want to sit at. It's low Season so you may get dragged in to some of them as there may not be many customers. The green line shows the continuation of the complex and there are some bars, massages, etc there.

In Boyztown in Pattaya there are several go gos. Overall, I thought they were disappointing last trip. Probably Cupidol had the best choice of 'twink' though things can change quickly.

I don't eat a lot of Thai food now but I've marked some general restaurants. All of these will do some Thai food.

1. Sandbar as has been mentioned.

2. Olala - breakfast, European dishes, Thai dishes.

3. La Bocca - good, if expensive, Italian. Always has freshly caught fish & sometimes other seafood as well as excellent pasta and cannoli to die for.

4. Continental Bakery - wide range of breakfasts and excellent bread.

5. Akvavit - somewhat expensive Scandinavian restaurant. Buffet weekend afternoons.

6. Simon's Fish & Chips - not only very good British style fish, chips & mushy peas (have the cod NOT the local fish) but also some decent Thai food.

7. Pig & Whistle - British pub. OK food including quite decent Thai items.

You should see the small blue icon towards the top of the map which shows FoodMart. 24 hour supermarket with wide range of western food items, at a price, and a reasonable range of wine.

The red circle is roughly where the Night market is. Starts up from about 5 or 6. Lots of food stalls.

There are a couple of restaurants within the complex that may be worth trying. Poseidon also sells decent wine from the restaurant. On the corner of the main road as you leave the bars there's a cheap Thai open air restaurant popular with some locals. I'm not a fan but up to you.

Have a great trip.

Guest Stewart

Ever since the authorities in the complex have banned cars during the evening most of the bars have now spilled onto the road with their tables and chairs bringing the bars on either side closer then ever. Many of the boys stand in the middle and grab you as you walk past (or try too) This brings a great opportunity for a quick grope (they do the same to you). Take it slowly and allow your eyes to feast on the boys that are there. There are some stunners.

My last visit I saw 2 new bars had opened up and another one had expanded so that should a good sign.  You will find exactly or very close to what you are looking for. Do not expect to see much flesh on display as it is very low key in that respect. For that kind of entertainment you need to pop up to boyz town. Sunee Plaza (if you can find it) is now a shadow of its former self although I did have great time with a twink late last year in Power Boys.

I have stayed in Zing next door to Agate. I found to be cheaper. I had a guided tour there last year and was very impressed but just outside my budget.

Have a great time

Guest pdrennan

Thanks guys for the information.  I appreciate everyones quick reply!  I'm very excited about this trip and all of the fun things I've heard about the area.  I was in Manila/Boracay in October for my first trip there and had a great time....two VERY cute boys and I'm hoping this will be even better.....Keep the comments coming, and I will for sure give all of you my updates during and after my trip next week. :)  

I stayed in the Jomtien Complex during most of my 2.5 week February trip and can agree with most of the good advice in this thread. In particular you should have no difficulty in finding boys fitting your specification there. The gay bars are in a compact area and during a stroll around you should spot one which would suit you. Boys are more keen for a long time "off" later in the evening. It is also pleasant to converse with other gay tourists from different parts of the world.

Boystown is approximately 2 miles from the complex but is easy to travel between the two using pickup-truck type taxis and motor bike ones. There you will find gogo bars where the boys dance on stage. Until recently they wore very little but I understand there has been a clamp down so the amount of skin on show now is limited. Cupidol is the one most quoted as being the best gogo for twinks but it's constantly changing situation. Most boys will accompany you back from BT to your hotel in the Complex.

Jomtien has a gay beach a short walk from the Complex. In the past there used to be a good number of boys there looking for business, but this scene has somewhat faded away, but occasionally in the late afternoon you see a cutie wearing tight revealing speedos, looking for a friend.

Between Jomtien and Boystown is a gay sauna called Samsuck. Could be worth a visit !.

As you have found, boys are available 24/7 on GR. I found some Pattaya based boys had difficulty getting to the Complex and did not know the location of the hotels and with their limited English it can prove difficult to direct them, but hotel staff can usually assist.

Enjoy your trip ! I did !

Ever since the authorities in the complex have banned cars during the evening most of the bars have now spilled onto the road with their tables and chairs bringing the bars on either side closer then ever. Many of the boys stand in the middle and grab you as you walk past (or try too) This brings a great opportunity for a quick grope (they do the same to you). Take it slowly and allow your eyes to feast on the boys that are there. There are some stunners.

My last visit I saw 2 new bars had opened up and another one had expanded so that should a good sign.  You will find exactly or very close to what you are looking for. Do not expect to see much flesh on display as it is very low key in that respect. For that kind of entertainment you need to pop up to boyz town. Sunee Plaza (if you can find it) is now a shadow of its former self although I did have great time with a twink late last year in Power Boys.

I have stayed in Zing next door to Agate. I found to be cheaper. I had a guided tour there last year and was very impressed but just outside my budget.

Have a great time

What was the guided tour?

I am just getting to know the bars of Jomtien, but so far I have taken a liking to the 'At Home Bar' in the Jomtien Complex (has its own FaceBook page). Nice friendly place, open from 4pm, and great to chill and watch the world go by - oh yes and it has some nice twinks as well to keep you company.

Agree with Vessey...@Home is friendly with (at least when I last visited) many Cambodian stunners.  

The Posiedon Hotel has one of the best restaurants...continental and Thai food.  Generous portions.  Chef is from the Netherlands.

Never had a problem bringing a Boyztown boy back to Jomtien - I'm willing to take a taxi but the boy usually suggests  the baht bus 

I am just getting to know the bars of Jomtien, but so far I have taken a liking to the 'At Home Bar' in the Jomtien Complex (has its own FaceBook page). Nice friendly place, open from 4pm, and great to chill and watch the world go by - oh yes and it has some nice twinks as well to keep you company.

Are all the bars in Jomtien Complex open this early? I would love an afternoon ST occasionally, but usually resort to apps or my regular guy

More or less impossible to  make list of "recommended bars" since one man's likes is another's dislikes. As often as I have been there (not often) can't remember names of bars or boyz or what was good or bad. As mentioned above just walk around and try them out. Hard to tell one from another. But be aware, often the boyz will lure you in and then go back to chatting with their friends or look for another passerby to lure in.  Like catching fish and tossing them into a basket.

I alone you have better chance to hook up. If with a friend the boyz may think you just want to sit and chat and look.

The Complex is very compact. It can be quite territorial as well.

I'm hopeless at remembering names.

I found the first bar on the right after turning the corner good but one night I happened to sit in the next one and the 'mamasan' was very bitchy about the non-Thais in the bar next door.

6. Simon's Fish & Chips - not only very good British style fish, chips & mushy peas (have the cod NOT the local fish) but also some decent Thai food.

I second this.  The fish was crispy on the outside and soft and moist on the inside (but well-cooked).  Of course I had to have a bit of chilli sauce on the side. :lol: