spoon

Trip report: Bangkok, Hua Hin, Kanchanaburi July-Aug

Great report...especially liked this description

"the rest were loitering around the back sofa like seals sunbathing on the rock lol."

Waiting for next chapter

Yes. I thought that image was perfect too. It made me laugh.

My first visit of the night was jupiter 2018. 44 is definitely a real looker with really well defined muscles

lol There is an another admirer among the forum members. His name is Song and he doesn't come in everyday. So when you see him at Jupiter you should grab him really fast. He sure has a very nice body.

i went to the familar tawan club. the rest were loitering around the back sofa like seals sunbathing on the rock lol.

Haha you couldn't have described better than this!

Thanks for report. It's great to read about my favourite gogo bars.

Great report and even greater is the fact that you promised report of your trip and you kept your word.

If you tell me whom you offed from Tawan I will tell you who another admirer of #44 from Jupiter is here. LOL

Clearly on your first night you are taking the same route I'd take , Jupiter & Tawan in any order.

Hope you had fun in Kanchanaburi today

Lol i dont remember his number, cant be bothered with that as there are no other customer there except me and i just wave and point and the guy come to me, but he is one of the bulkier, a bit short, and older guy and he was there when i went to tawan last trip too. He says he is about 34 and from issan. He kisses ( a big plus for me). I actually asked this in the bar, and he said he kiss a bit. If i went earlier, he might not be my first choice though, but late at 12, with most boys are already off, i guess he'll do. He doesnt want to shower together though, so i respect that.

On that note, i dont see mehkin when i arrived at jupiter, my guess is he is already being offed that day or simply didnt come. It is monday night anyway, and the bar is a bit more than half filled

Also, i dont recall making any promises on trip report lol but like many who write here, i believe that this is a good way to give something back to the forum.

On that note, i dont see mehkin when i arrived at jupiter, my guess is he is already being offed that day or simply didnt come. It is monday night anyway,

Mekhin might have gone to China with a regular customer as he seems to stay there often.

If you look for a particular boy at Jupiter, it's a good idea to check with mamasan TI who handles boys schedules.

I consulted him once about a boy's next working day and he gave me correct information whereas at Tawan none of the captains don't have exact information about boys schedules.

There is a group LINE ID where Jupiter boys communicate each other on each working evenings before turning up at work informing who is coming in or not. Mamasan TI is very strict on boys punctuality.

mae klong train market visit 25th july

Another quick search and it seems that i can take the van from either mochit or the southern station sai tai gao/sai tai mai. So i head to mochit bts and take a taxi from there to go to the mochit bus station. After abit of chat with the taxi driver, he said i need to take the van only at sai tai gao, which is quite far from mochit. I tried to insist but he was already halfway there. Thinking i was taken for a ride by the taxi driver, i surrender my fate and decided to trust the driver, nothing else i can do now, even if i asked him to drop me and change driver, who to say ill meet a good driver. So about 20 mins or so, i arrived at the southern minivan station and head to the counter, bought a ticket and go inside the minivan. Owh btw, i paid 120 baht for the taxi ride, so its not that bad, and he did bring me to the correct station. Minivan costed me 60thb, and inside the van there are only one other local guy inside. Waited only about 20mins or so and the van depart with only one extra passenger.

The driver was probably right that there are no buses or vans (not minivan!) from Mor Chit to Mae Klong. And if there are, coming from Silom it would be a detour compare to Southern Bus Station.

Old Southern Bus Station (Sai Tai Gao) is still there but abandoned.

Want to actually go to another bar for taste of a different show, but also dont want to miss the good ones in jupiter or tawan lol decision time!

man, we need to shake hands one day since we seem to have the same sort of problems while there / underscore mine /

your trips description shows that an adventure while travelling can be had almost everywhere, now we are waiting patiently for soi Twilight meat market impressions, boy I miss Bangkok so much !

The driver was probably right that there are no buses or vans (not minivan!) from Mor Chit to Mae Klong. And if there are, coming from Silom it would be a detour compare to Southern Bus Station.

Old Southern Bus Station (Sai Tai Gao) is still there but abandoned.

Yup, that is what i think too, and i was a bit mad, not at the driver, but rather at myself because i didnt decide to go to the sai tai gao minivan station (that is what people in other we sites called them lol, and also in google map but you are right, the van isnt mini at all lol) so yeah it is a detour. It wouldve been much quicker and cheaper to go there directly from silom. I am glad that i didnt act rashly and go with the flow, since at that point, even if i got played, i already decided that itll be part of the adventure lol. And i am alone so no pressure of letting other people down or blaming others. And this little things that happens is the thing that you'll remember and will be telling others too when you share your experience with you friends and family.

man, we need to shake hands one day since we seem to have the same sort of problems while there / underscore mine /

your trips description shows that an adventure while travelling can be had almost everywhere, now we are waiting patiently for soi Twilight meat market impressions, boy I miss Bangkok so much !

Maybe fate will determined if our travel path may coincide one day. Or maybe u can come to kl and i can show you the massage places there :)

at that point, even if i got played, i already decided that itll be part of the adventure lol. And i am alone so no pressure of letting other people down or blaming others. And this little things that happens is the thing that you'll remember and will be telling others too when you share your experience with you friends and family.

Yes, I travel with a similar philosophy..."it's part of the adventure".  

I'm enjoying your reports very much and your belief that reporting is payback to the Forum and what's been posted before.  I learned much (and am still learning) from reading posts and report when I return from my trips.  Keep "adventuring".

dusit thani in silom ... quite an expensive hotel ... did you get a good promotional deal?

Stayed there a few times in the past but on company expenses. Nowadays trying to stay in ihg brands for the points and reward nights lol.

Have not been to dream boys for some time. I started not going when they implemented a strict no-smoking policy years ago. But I might have gone into it anyway in the intervening years when barhopping. Used to offer a boy many times when dreamboy was still on the other side of Suriwong across Soi Twilight.

Yes it is quite cheap when i book at dusit thani, not so cheap that i can splurge the whole ten days there though but it is about usd 80 per night, on weekdays. Weekend rate goes up to usd 100, still cheaper than last year nov where i stay there 4 nights, which is affordable since half of my trip hotel to tokyo/osaka afterward was paid for lol

I booked using expedia, apparently there is a sale going on for bangkok hotels, other website are still quite expensive.

They still strictly enforced the no smoking no handphone usage when i was there, and since i dont smoke, it works pretty well for me. It is still expensive to just be there and have boy with you though, but some of us can afford that luxury more than once.

Dusit Thani is in its final year of operation. It closes at end of June and will be demolished (along with other Dusit properties on lot) and replaced by high-rise complex of hotel, apartments, offices and shopping mall.

Agoda is offering rate of about 4k bht in early December.

I agree that Maxi's is best people watching spot in the soi, particularly good for shy types who can pretend they are just having a meal / drink while in fact they  are ogling boys undistirbed.

A bit surprised by non-smiling Dreamboys policy , they used to smile a lot. Best way to ensure boy one is interested in smiles is to slip him a tip , just like you did. Than it makes easy to call him over as well.

Farang can walk  Thainya undisturbed as ladies there are interested in Japanese , perhaps other Asians too, only .

Great report from soi Twilight ,I read it twice, thank you. Waiting for more !!!

Spoon, thanks for your report.  You say "i am not sure if its really a policy, or the boys just decided not to smile at me and other customers lol".

I got an email last night from one of the Dream Boy capitans that might help explain the lack of smiles.   The boss recently cut his salary from 13,500/month to 9,500, and for the past four days he didn't make any tip money.

Owh that is not good for these people. Now i feel sad for the captains and also the boys. It is true that there are significantly less customer around, and with the bar charges so high, one might just go to somewhere else like the new jupiter which is still packed when i was there.

feeling like i just woke up from the best dream ever. Still cant believe i just had this guy on my bed

this is why we love Thailand, whatever her faults are country is still a place when one can  really buy a dream.

"I can't believe " that was exactly feeling  quite a few of us had more than once after boys left or when we waked up next to boy still sleeping, looking at him with that ' It can't be truth" thought, getting hot in  here, lol

one might just go to somewhere else like the new jupiter which is still packed when i was there.

considering difference in drink prices 250/480 and off fees 400/650  it doesn't come as surprise.

Even cherished Chinese tour groups may learn  that cheaper  entertainment may be had somewhere else.

Such  a deep cut in salary bobsaigon mentioned  may mean that bar is in trouble or owner doesn't care anymore or both or subtle hint  ' you better find another job before I fire you "