newalaan

The alternative to Classic Gogo?

Thank you for the report.  I always stopped in Screwboys while in Bangkok because you never knew what you would find. I met some very nice guys from there over the years.  The one mamasan could be a pain trying for tips but I just gave her the smallest bill I had. I always thought the boys there tried a bit harder than the other places nearby.

I visit Screwboys on each trip to Bangkok.agree with newaalan's observations about there being a lot of twinks.  In the past four vists, I've had two great offs and twice I've left as once there were only two boys on stage with no refreshers in sight, the other time, one of the mamasans knocekd over my beer and I departed for new pants.

I plan to visit next month and see what  happens.

I always stopped in Screwboys while in Bangkok because you never knew what you would find. I met some very nice guys from there over the years.  The one mamasan could be a pain trying for tips........... 

I share your assessment of Screwboys, one never knows what you would find. Despite them being twink kingdom I always visit them hoping One / that the boy's nick / my best off ever and star of my Dec 2014 trip will return . He was everything but not twink , easily could be in Tawan .

Mamasans can be bit nuisance but I tolerate and tip them  20-50 baht because in the past I found them helpful. I may even go as far as stating that only there and at BBB Pattaya I found mamasans of any use for me since I prefer to talk to boys directly , be it bar or massage place.

I remember spotting a very cute boy at the beer bar opposite the entrance of Screwboy last year, but then he was gone (I would have had a drink there to chat him up).

My experiences with Screwboys entirely positive, the only negative is some days low number of boys (<10, and that can be between 8 and 9 pm which means their boys have not been offed already, there are that little boys today). Last visit they had two cute twinks which I assume were Vietnamese, so not for me (negative experience with other Vietnamese, confirmed by chat with friends).

Screwboys is one of the Bangkok bars I do visit, but I've never seen a range of twinks to rival what Classic Boys used to have at it's best.    Maybe one or two.   Which is still enough to merit a visit.

Obviously Christian visits this bar more frequently, so is a more reliable source of information.

Fresh Boys, or whatever the last bar on the right is called is my "alternative" twink bar.

Screwboys is one of the Bangkok bars I do visit, but I've never seen a range of twinks to rival what Classic Boys used to have at it's best.    Maybe one or two.   Which is still enough to merit a visit.

Obviously Christian visits this bar more frequently, so is a more reliable source of information.

Fresh Boys, or whatever the last bar on the right is called is my "alternative" twink bar.

No, I didn't see a range of twinks at Screw Boys that could rival Classic at it's 'best' either, and didn't claim it to be. Classic's best for me was a decade ago, but in my view on the night I visited they did have a range to rival Classic of five years ago.

Granted it was a Saturday night and reasonably early so maybe a fuller contingent than usual but i'm not sure why you would question the reliability of the report of my visit, I tend neither to lie or exaggerate reports, I report what I see first hand and on the night I visited there were at least 6 I would describe as Classic standard, not merely one or two. 

However I've been to Fresh Boys too and on those visits did not find it an alternative to the type of boys on offer at Classic 5 years+ ago or indeed rival what I saw on my visit to Screw Boys a few days ago, so maybe we have slightly differing opinions of twink or what we considered twinks at Classic.

More likely different experiences different nights.....   

I remember spotting a very cute boy at the beer bar opposite the entrance of Screwboy last year, but then he was gone (I would have had a drink there to chat him up).

My experiences with Screwboys entirely positive, the only negative is some days low number of boys (<10, and that can be between 8 and 9 pm which means their boys have not been offed already, there are that little boys today). Last visit they had two cute twinks which I assume were Vietnamese, so not for me (negative experience with other Vietnamese, confirmed by chat with friends).

The guy I referred to has been there at least a year as he has served/chatted with me on at least my last 3 trips which would be since start of year. He normally works behind the bar, but there is usually another guy who sits around at one of the two tables or on a bar stool as well, but not sure if he is an employee.

The guy who serves did ask about my plans for the evening, always does and what I do later, I assume DJ-GOD time, but have never taken it any further. He is a very polite lad. Always quick to make sure you have bowl of nuts/snacks and likes to top up your glass from your beer bottle for you.  

I didn't ask where the twinks I saw in Screw Boys came from, but from looks alone I would guess 3 definitely Viet, one definitely Thai as he was the one who followed me into the toilet, the other two I liked the look of I couldn't be sure, normally I would assumed Thai but i'm used to seeing so many camob/viet/laos/thai sometimes not easily to tell apart until they speak. One of the 3 I assumed Viet was the one I tipped Bt100 who caught hold of me at the door on way out and asked for name and phone number, he used broken English.  

Can you describe what was the negative experience you had with Vietnamese boys ?

I happend to be last week in Screw boys on the last day of my holiday and there were indeed many very cute twinks. Best bar of that holiday when it comes to quaility of the boys.  Better even than the boys in Jomtien's bars.

I took one over for a drink, he was Vietnamese and he said some others were also from Vietnam. But I notice that Vietnamese boys are less fluent in English than Thai boys. Or I have been unluckly everytime I asked a Vietnamese one over. Very difficult to have a conversation with them. Nearly impossible even. Google translate helped a bit.

Most of the Vietnamese boys come from small villages in the central part of the country. English wasn’t on the horizon till they arrived in Bangkok. Very few boys from Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City, but they do speak better English, I have a few friends that have lived in Bangkok for several years and are quite fluent in English. WeChat is a good app to use because it translates texts.

I have a few friends that have lived in Bangkok for several years and are quite fluent in English. WeChat is a good app to use because it translates texts.

Translation “few” - when paulsf is referring to Vietnamese boys/men, his “few” would be the population of a mid-size village for the rest of us!

Can you describe what was the negative experience you had with Vietnamese boys ?

Christian will provide his answer.

However a criticism discussed before is the Vietnamese working in Bangkok can be the cute bait to lure the customers in to buy drinks, but that's as far as their service goes.   Not good, when the customers expect they are buying drinks for hookers who can be offed.  

It is true many of the Vietnamese boys are waiters. But not necessarily there to lure people in. They are all as offable as any boy on stage. The knock has been that most are tops only. Screwboys and X-Size have a couple more versatile boys.

Tops only is somewhat true for those of you there short time. If you are here longer time and get to know them, you will have better luck.

Subject has been discussed multiple times, here again in brief: I offed one in 2012 (?) who was ok in bed, but then demanded 2000 for short time, I had to kick him out of my room with 1600 (up from the 1500 I originally paid him). The second one I laid my eyes on in 2014 (?) I didn't even get to off, he was not available (Scorpion boys, bait, see other replies above). Others say similar: over-demanding and under-performing.

I go with the intention of taking someone home. Not for looking at cute boys, not for drinking and chatting with cute boys. If a Cambodian or Lao or Myanmar boy had refused to go with me or demanded 2000 for short time, I would have made the same fuzz. But all Cambodian or Lao or Myanmar money boys and free boys I met in Thailand were above average and I would and in many cases did go with them again.

Agree, mostly Cambodians and Thai in Pattaya.  Add the Viets in for Bangkok...sometime back the Viets were being locked out of the gogos (periodic crackdown).  Nw they are in good supply in X Boys, Freshboys, Screwboys, and HotMale.

My Viet offs from Screwboys and Hotmale have been stimulating, to say the least.

Agree, mostly Cambodians and Thai in Pattaya.  Add the Viets in for Bangkok...sometime back the Viets were being locked out of the gogos (periodic crackdown).  Nw they are in good supply in X Boys, Freshboys, Screwboys, and HotMale.

My Viet offs from Screwboys and Hotmale have been stimulating, to say the least.

The other night a friend who works at X-Boys told me that most of the Vietnamese guys had left X-Boys and it now had more Cambodian guys.  He said it was because of the lack of customers, mostly because the mamasans had driven away the Chinese customers with aggressive mamasan antics.  I have not tried to verify this (and won't because I boycott X-Boys after they tried to sneak in charges for drinks I never ordered).  In any event, perhaps as high season approaches guys will flock back.

With Lao and Khmer boys, I've had more luck meeting nice ones in Thailand than in their respective home countries. For whatever reason, it's exactly the opposite with Vietnamese boys, my best encounters with them have all happened in Vietnam. Nowadays I don't exactly try to avoid them in Thailand, but my excitement when getting in touch with one is pretty limited.

I must say that  I like boys of all nationalities working in Thailand but on regular basis I have very good luck with Lao boys 

Maybe we could get their "Point of Origin" printed on their Number. OH along with their "Use By Date".

I will be Shopping in BKK in November and both would be good to know...