CurtisD

Dispatch from Pattaya

Interesting comparison.  And so is the life style of the two.  Buffet lives rather modestly, while Trump... well, you know.

Bill Gates does not throw his wealth around either, and he and Buffet are big philanthropist, while Trump... well, you know. 

so it looks that neither modesty nor philanthropy are not good way to climb to  presidency. Masses like shine it seems

The boy wanted 5000 Baht for one hour wow it's a new record in Pattaya.

Its was for just one hour at that time, but he did not expect me to take it. He did not really want to be offed at that time. He preferred that we connect the next day via Line and arrange something.

perhaps it was polite and face saving way of saying I'm not available tonight.

It's an option but another option is that the boy is looking for wealthy clients or big spenders becuse attractive dancers receiving good salary from the bars and substantial tips from the clients so they won't go with falangs unless the fee is high .

Thank you CurtisD, you have a very engaging writing style,

I too am a fan of the At Home Bar - I think they are all Cambodian there and they certainly have some cute boys, but not all are gay.

While in Boyztown were you not tempted to try Toy Boys, again a favourite of mine; their 'range' of boy types is very similar to that of Cupidol.

While in Boyztown were you not tempted to try Toy Boys, again a favourite of mine; their 'range' of boy types is very similar to that of Cupidol.

I will avoid Toy Boys in the future for two reasons:

They put the cute guys outside to attract customers in, but the cute guys never appear on stage, a practice I dislike.

Two weeks ago I exchanged contact details with one of them, really my type, and contacted him for evening fun right after my arrival in Pattaya some days ago. He did ask for 1500 for 1 hour, I countered with 1000, and neither of us would budge. From that I assume that boys in Toy Boys expect 1500 as well, which I'm not going to pay.

Toy Boys have tended to ask for more than some others in recent years.

Due to a combination of that & the problem Christian describes above, I have not offed from there for a while. One of my friends also had enough of them bring below average in bed too. Admittedly that's based on 1-2 boys per trip.

As for the tips, I have not yet paid more than 1300 short time in Pattaya. Not a single lad asked for more on my most recent trip.

Thinking back to my September trip I seem to remember ST at 1300 at the Complex bars, but I’m sure I paid 1500 to two boys that were very attractive. The first was a cute GR contact of which I posted a picture and the second was from a bar and he deserved it cos I cummed when I topped him, which is not usual for me and I’m usually more bottom these days.

It's very hard to find currently boys for ST on 1000 at Pattaya especially if the boy is attractive and works at a bar.It seems 1500 is the standard rate .

Not at all. 1000 is still the going rate in most bars in Pattaya and even if the boy initially asks for more they most often accept 1000. I've never had anyone of the boys on stage in Toy boys refusing 1000 too. The exception are the straight hunks shirtless and in jeans outside Toy boys, they seem to insist on 1500 yes and I dont think they have problems finding willing customers for that price.

Thank you CurtisD, you have a very engaging writing style,

I too am a fan of the At Home Bar - I think they are all Cambodian there and they certainly have some cute boys, but not all are gay.

I visited Toys Boys twice, initially on my first night in Boystown when all the bars were disappointing and then briefly on the final night when, arriving around 1am I notice an attractive guy outside but, inside the bar only four guys and not as attractive as the guy outside, so I did not stay.

1000 is still the going rate in most bars in Pattaya and even if the boy initially asks for more they most often accept 1000. I've never had anyone of the boys on stage in Toy boys refusing 1000 too. The exception are the straight hunks shirtless and in jeans outside Toy boys, they seem to insist on 1500 yes and I dont think they have problems finding willing customers for that price.

I'm not short time offer but I think you are right, on my last trip I had few guys who wanted 1500 - 2000 for long time ( there were also few who wanted 4000, LOL ) so 1000 must still be going rate.

As for Toy Boys , one I had  in Sept wanted and got 2000 for long time, worst spent 2000 that trip. Lack of chemistry. 

Year before another boy there wanted 1500 for short time but it was two of us offing him so I guess he wanted premium pay for premium audience ( we converted it to 2000 LT ) 

What puzzles me are those supposed hunks outside, there are always several boys but can't recall even one I'd classify as hunk worth trouble offing,   l count my blessings.

The next several days fall into a pleasant repeating rhythm as I decide to stay with Bangkok guy and not butterfly.

I understand your reasoning , I used to butterfly religiously but in time I noticed that it may be more productive to say with and enjoy known quality as long as boy feels the same. Ever since boys previously offed I was happy with have priority access to my tip fund.

Great report , thank you very much

And now we part and I know I will miss him. All relationships are transactional, it is the contours of the transaction which differ. With butterflying the short-term and financial nature of the transaction is most clear. With my preference for staying with someone if they are a good fit, things get blurrier on both sides, with the ever-present risk of crossing over into unrealistic expectations of both support and of feeling. When I butterfly, the agreement is the agreement. After spending several days with someone, getting to know them, their aspirations, enjoying their company, liking them, I feeling treating the agreement as the agreement is a bit impersonal and like to do something a bit more for them, within the bounds of friendship, without over-stepping the bounds of the realistic.

Well said, I echo so much of that, and not just with the boy that stays several days, but also the boy who becomes a 'regular' who I will perhaps see several times during a trip and sometimes then from one trip to the next.

Yes it is still fundamentally remains a business transaction, but you also get to know each other, find out more about the boys background, family, interests; you can become friendly, and occasionally actual friends.

The sex of a short-time can be passionate, but it is mostly about lust, about wanting, about scratching that itch. But, as you say, sex over several days, or sex with a regular can become more loving, more fulfilling. I even try to be more discrete about the money, placing it under their watch or phone for example, easily visible, but avoiding the placing of money directly into their hands.

Nevertheless it remains what it is, and I suspect that it is  probably more about my emotional needs as theirs.

Not at all. 1000 is still the going rate in most bars in Pattaya and even if the boy initially asks for more they most often accept 1000. I've never had anyone of the boys on stage in Toy boys refusing 1000 too.

A good reminder that any high quoted price in a bar is to be regarded as negotiable.  

Just because they ask for 1500 short time, it most certainly does not mean that's the going rate. 

Yes it is still fundamentally remains a business transaction........

........ I suspect that it is  probably more about my emotional needs as theirs.

nothing wrong with that , going to our favorite restaurant , having a seat our our choice  and meal we always salivate thinking about is  fundamentally business transaction but still brings  lots of  joy.

fair trade  , satisfying our emotional needs by helping them  to ease of  their economical ones

The ending of your journey's report, CurtisD, is an exceptional as your earlier postings.  I sensed there was room to breathe and relax for you.  I perceived a minor chord that plays out in many of my visits where I spend the overnights next to one regular - even if they day is spent as a butterfly.  During my last two visits, he and I didn't discuss $$$.  A the departure time approached, I placed an envelope with his things.  When he sees it, he says thanks, doesn't open it, and puts it away.

CurtisD, I hope you return soon to posting in the forum about your travels and approach to life.

Vessey: "I even try to be more discrete about the money, placing it under their watch or phone for example, easily visible, but avoiding the placing of money directly into their hands.

Nevertheless it remains what it is, and I suspect that it is  probably more about my emotional needs as theirs"

I would think the guys notice the gesture, understand you are giving them greater recognition and appreciate it.

(Apologies, I have not got the hang of the MultiQuote)

I even try to be more discrete about the money, ....

Same here. I quietly slip it into their jeans pocket or their hands just before they walk out the door. It's the slightly embarrassing part of the encounter for some guys so it's best to be as discrete as possible.

Obviously, there's no disguising the transaction, but it makes it easier.

Growing up in Japan we never handed money directly to others unless they were family or close friends; it was always put in an envelope or wrapped in a piece of paper. Shop assistants always have a tray by the register where you place your money and where any change is placed.

I see they do that in many places in Thailand now.