vinapu

Fun still can be had in Sunee

Why I wonder.

One reason, a reason, is publicity; the girlie bars (& the girls) are very good at it whereas boy bars are generally very poor at it.

Social media offers huge opportunities for bars and agogos to promote themsleves, not just on facebook, but wigth their own web sites - and websites that are kept up to date.

In Sunee only Eros, as far as I am aware has its own web page and all to often its re-hashing pictures that are years old. Winner Boys has one but its rarely added to - same for the facebook pages.

Some of the Sunee bars mentioned here I have never heard of and yet I am there many days each holiday, so I must have at least walked past them.

Success breed success, which boy wants to work in a bar with no customers, which customer wants to drink in a bar with no boys.

Even in low season some of the girl bars and agogos are still heaving with staff and customers.

If we are a dying breed in Pattaya its only because we seem content to let it become so IMHO.

Mexico and Columbia

Ok, so there are gogo bars in say Colombia? With twinky guys? Who you can off? What are the prices? Comparable to Thailand prizes? 

Is it save? Colombia and Mexico don't sound like very save places to go. Drug wars, cartel wars.

Prices are cheaper than Thailand. And apps are loaded with guys

Safety is a bigger issue than in Thailand, but not much worse than any major city. Drug cartels are not interested in you going to a strip club in Mexico City. You just need to be aware of your surroundings as you would anywhere.

Prices are cheaper than Thailand. And apps are loaded with guys

Safety is a bigger issue than in Thailand, but not much worse than any major city. Drug cartels are not interested in you going to a strip club in Mexico City. You just need to be aware of your surroundings as you would anywhere.

Thanks. So is it mainly apps or also bars (gogo, beer)? In other words 100% comparable to Thailand? 

Let me see if I can find on the Internet the location in Colombia's and Mexico's capital cities for their version of Boyztown/Sunee/Jomtien/Soi Twilight.

Your not going to find an entertainment center on one street as in Thailand. But there are several gogo’s within the cities.

Zone Rosa is the best area in Mexico City. But Bangkok and Pattaya are spreading out into different areas.

You wouldn’t any problems getting around other cities for their clubs.

Thanks. So is it mainly apps or also bars (gogo, beer)? In other words 100% comparable to Thailand? 

Let me see if I can find on the Internet the location in Colombia's and Mexico's capital cities for their version of Boyztown/Sunee/Jomtien/Soi Twilight.

You must have missed this Post and to be sure you should always use the search engine of this Forum first to find information.

Also Boytoy.com has many posts about Colombia, Brazil, Mexico etc.

https://www.boytoy.com/forums/topic/29158-one-month-in-colombia-report-cali-medellin-cartagena-barranquilla-pereira/

Thanks. Interesting read. I have bookmarked the boytoy website. From the article in the link I get the idea that Colombia is more or less in price comparable to Thailand, if not a bit more expensive.

Also I get the idea from the article the author seems to use only the apps. So no gogobar or beer bar scene in Colombia, or he didn’t visit them. This site is a good place for my investigations into Latin America. Let’s see what comes from it.

it's not that difficult to get long time on the phone apps. There you can screen a number of boys without investing a fortune in drinks.

same kind of fun young people have today sitting arround the table , each glued to their screen with no single word exchanged and they call if getting out with the friends ?

Even in low season some of the girl bars and agogos are still heaving with staff and customers.

I had a walk  on Walking street around midnight last night and it was exactly as you described, extremely busy.

It's enough to visit Nice Boys with boys dancing and flashing to see what makes bar successful and fun to be in, In Dreamboys and Cupidol  last evening boys were just standing and only one in each was sporting visible erection , guess who got tip from me?

I think girls simple are better  in creating fun atmosphere - whenever I have itching on my buttock is enough to walk past 2-3 bars and I will be pinched , itching removed and called handsome man as a added bonus. 

Well, of course the bars are more fun & that's where I meet most boys. However, if you are intending to do long time, such plans quickly change after meeting some adorable boys who do short time only in a bar.

good news is , I'm in Pattaya now and can see that fun factor is still kicking and alive. 

I guess most complains are coming from old hands who remember and glorify even more fun times in the past. It's not to say it's not true.

But with age and multiple trips, horniness   is diminishing and so does  disposable income contributing to  'glory of old days" factor. 

Sitting with williewillie  at panorama last night I thought that even if only BoyzBoyzBoyz will be left in the soi with half of boys they currently have , for me it still will be worth of flying over. 

I don't agree with the statement "girls simple are better in creating fun atmosphere

" as explanation why the walking street ia packed and the gay areas are quite in the glory days all the gay areas at Chiang May,Phuket,BKK and Pattaya were busy with lots of customers and attractive boys now the gay scene in Ching May is almost non exist,in Phuket it's now barely restricted to one soi at Paradise complex ,in BKK Soi Twilight declined and in Pattaya much less customers than used to be, the simple explanation is that the gay tourists coming to Thailand is dropping constantly over the years but as per Vinapu said above Thailand is still fun :)

There is an article citing the apps are the main cause of a big drops of gay bars customer and boys number to reduce over the year. While some people still prefer bars, majority of the boys and customer are going for apps. It eliminates the middle man, protect privacy, customer can remain discreet, almost no police intervention, and customer and boys dont have to be in the city center to gain access to each other. While some boys using apps are using editted, or fake pictures, it can easily be avoided with a simple video calls, and the market will eventually weeded out those fake/non performing boys. As for me, i still prefer going to the massage center / bars just to find the one guy/s to be my regulars, and then ill try to skip the center if the guy dont mind. I have tried one guy purely from app/craiglist and that turns out to be a disaster, hence i avoid them. But i still check it out since sometimes those from bar/center also advertise on apps/craiglist, thus i can eliminate the bars as well. And when this happens, bars/centers lose their cut, and they make less money, and consequently cant survive any longer.

You are so 100% spot on with that Vessey. That is exactly why so many boybars have failed - the bar owners didn't understood the importance of their bars to be FUN. If people just want to find a boy the apps are very competative. But many people go to bars to enjoy themselves and they are ready to pay to be entertained.

That is why fun bars like Winnerboys and Nice boys in Sunee are sucessful. And bars who are/where not fun and thought customers wanted to hear "What number!? You take boy! Can sit with you! You tell me number!" constantly by a 150 kilo ladyboy, are not popular and are closing down.

Guest abang1961

If my memory serves me correctly, the last time I was in the Sunee Plaza area must have been a couple of years ago.

I was there because a farang mate wanted to see the place.

To say I was disappointed was the least.

The place was so run-down, badly in need of a fresh coat of paint.

Bars were individually run - as there was no cohesiveness amongst them.

I got the feeling that the place had seen better days and it was then, in its sunset days.

I haven't been back since then but I do have a few suggestions for the bars.

Use bright LED running lights to attract customers to walk in into that soi. 

At your bars, dim the lights a little with floor lightings.

As for music - come on, don't play loud music from the current billboards.

Play flashback 70s, 80s music - Abba is still very much in vogue.

Create a unique atmosphere of nostalgia - the good times when we were young and beautiful.

That will generate more attention to the youths available there.

One more thing - have a first-drink on the house... some mocktails to "whet" the appetite.

Surely if we are still here for an hour, seconds and thirds will be ordered.

And if you can, gather your boys for a daily briefing - teach them some English.

Award them for attendance, diligence.

Most importantly, create an ambiance when clients feel wanted and rested there.  

I agree with much of the above but would add that, since the closure of Krazy and Krazy Dragon, both of which had large sins outside visible from Soi VC, the entrance to Sunee has been anything but welcoming. And so yes, the poor lighting is a factor. It was also a pity that the shisha bars were closed because they added to the bustle and vibrancy of the area. I often walk from Boyztown to Sunee, cutting through the Paradise Hotel Soi and my arrival at Sunee is heralded by darkness.

It still beats me why Happy Boys closed, unless it was just a lack of customers or perhaps its location outside the Plaza itself. Fun was mentioned earlier. If you liked twinks, it was a place to go where the boys would happily interact and it was not difficult just to have an enjoyable time or a bit more if you wanted to go upstairs. They even had a mezzanine where you could get to know one or more boys more personally. Drinks were extremely reasonable.

I would frequently visit and take friends and we would not only buy lots of drinks we would tip quite handsomely because we were having such a good time . And then all of a sudden it was no longer there. Sad.

majority of the boys and customer are going for apps. It eliminates the middle man, protect privacy, customer can remain discreet, 

anybody who believes that internet forgets anything is living in a dangerous illusion.

it's only matter of time when whole world will hear about some prominent person conversing and investigating price some Busty Samantha or Nine Inch Kevin.

We did not even notice how we traded willingly our privacy for a convenience and a speed.

But that illusions does drive people who are none the wiser. I actually enjoy watching black mirror series and one of their episodes actually focusing on that issue. If you are paranoid about the future of technology, watching this series will ensure you get a good dose of nightmares in the foreseeable future lol

One more thing - have a first-drink on the house... some mocktails to "whet" the appetite.

Surely if we are still here for an hour, seconds and thirds will be ordered.

And if you can, gather your boys for a daily briefing - teach them some English.

Award them for attendance, diligence.

Most importantly, create an ambiance when clients feel wanted and rested there.  

You are dreaming abang! Some farang would love a free drink and just sit there the rest of the evening. 

Guest abang1961

Yes, I am drumming up ideas - practical or otherwise.

Just throw some suggestions in the air - hopefully, one will/can materialize.

Conjur up several mocktails of different colors - red, orange, green, sapphire blue.. you could even have layers of them in a glass. The science of relative density works here.

Madness...my first Science experiment in 2018!

When I mentioned a free first drink, I did not specify the size of the glass.

I did an experiment in my kitchen with an old Planet Hollywood Shot Glass.

I filled water to its brim and poured out the content into a measuring cylinder.

It was 50 ml, barely enough to wet the lips.

Unless that someone is so bloody cheap, I don't think he will skip buying a proper drink for the night.

This is really a token gift I received in the 1990s.. is Planet Hollywood still around in your area?

The novelty is that all walk-in customers get a free sip.

This is a gimmick....

s-l200.jpg

Note:

There is this kitchenware shop across Boyztown.  It has probably one of the largest variety of glassware and metalware, very suitable for a gracious host, a diligent housewife (me!) and some abnormal shopaholics (me, again!). I cannot recall the name but each time whenever I'm in Pattaya, I have to go there...and ended up with more stuff (than I ever need).