bucknaway

Just the tip

Ah Vinapu, the cholesterol is in the chicken as well as the sauce - no escape...

At Maxi you don't get gravy, you get mushroom sauce in a separate dish which you can consume way you want, not necessarily by soaking schnitzel in it.

I won't argue, however tempting, that gravy and sauce are just different ways of arriving at the same thing. But, I can't resist asking what on earth you would consume the sauce if not on the schnitzel. My hear does warm, however, to knowing it is served on the side.

not only at Jupiter, last month I saw the same thousand baht tips in Moonlight / Chinese looking guy sitting in front of me had actually a list with numbers, must have distributed at least 5 1000 baht tips and to my astonishment he did not bother to stuff it into guy's undies himself but had waiter to hand over that tip, I guess for all around to see / and in BBB Boyztown.

What did he need the list with numbers for? Surely he has eyes to see which boys he wanted to tip?

Ah Vinapu,........

At Maxi you don't get gravy, you get mushroom sauce in a separate dish which you can consume way you want, not necessarily by soaking schnitzel in it.

But, I can't resist asking what on earth you would consume the sauce if not on the schnitzel

spread it over mash potatoes served as a a side 

Probably the list is for the waiter.

He didn’t distribute the money himself but had waiter to hand over the money for him.

Asian customers often let mamasan tip the boy on his behalf when the boy is on stage.

Or he had the list because his friend asked him to tip for his boys as the friend was unable to attend that night.

It happened to me at Moonlight.

My friend asked me to tip his favourite Moonlight guy so I showed his photo to the mamasan to call the guy.

What did he need the list with numbers for? Surely he has eyes to see which boys he wanted to tip?

no idea but my highly educated guess would be it was not his first visit and he prepared list previously or even it was given to him by somebody else , along with money.

Not that I care but  I just described what I saw, list and money ,  being sober, I haste to add. 

( I posted my input before I read what Jasper had to say above in case somebody wonders )

Dont wish to take the thread away from the topic but couldnt resist talking about my favourite food

Oh i love mushroom sauce over mashed potatoes along with lots of pepper !! Yum !!

Probably the list is for the waiter.

He didn’t distribute the money himself but had waiter to hand over the money for him.

Asian customers often let mamasan tip the boy on his behalf when the boy is on stage.

Or he had the list because his friend asked him to tip for his boys as the friend was unable to attend that night.

It happened to me at Moonlight.

My friend asked me to tip his favourite Moonlight guy so I showed his photo to the mamasan to call the guy.

First time I have heard of customers tipping boys even when they are not there to enjoy the show, or after-show delights!

no idea but my highly educated guess would be it was not his first visit and he prepared list previously or even it was given to him by somebody else , along with money.

Not that I care but  I just described what I saw, list and money ,  being sober, I haste to add. 

( I posted my input before I read what Jasper had to say above in case somebody wonders )

The trouble with me is I am a terrible old cynic. Just suppose guys that the Chinese guy is a shill - tipping with the bar's money- which goes back to the bar at the end of the night! Reason - to sucker other, inexperienced, customers into accepting this level of tipping as a norm - and putting some real new money into the system. That's what shills do.

There - I said I was a cynic.Sometimes comes in handy in this neck of the woods.

The trouble with me is I am a terrible old cynic. Just suppose guys that the Chinese guy is a shill - tipping with the bar's money- which goes back to the bar at the end of the night! Reason - to sucker other, inexperienced, customers into accepting this level of tipping as a norm - and putting some real new money into the system. That's what shills do.

ceejay, I do understand your doubts whether this Asian guy is a genuine customer. I cannot say100% but I have seen enough Asian big tippers in Jupiter throwing money around in the bar the probability of him being a genuine customer is quite high. Some Asian customers just love flaunting money in the bar, the practice I have not seen farang customers doing for sometime.

Take example of this Taiwanese customer in Jupiter I have seen in September and November.

He is late thirties or early forties, wearing expensive brand clothes, drinking champagne surrounded by 4-5 cute boys, tipping lavishly to boys on stage.

He watches the show smiling all the time and when show ends he goes with 4-5 boys and have a meal/club.

My friend who is a friend with one of the customer’s favourite boy informed me that this guy loves pretty boys and he goes to shopping with boys and buys gifts for them too.

I also saw Asian customer giving a shot of whiskey and 100 baht note to every boy on the catwalk, over 30 boys?

It’s fun watching big tippers enjoying themselves.

It’s good for the bar and boys morale.

MASHED POTATOES WITH SCHNITZEl!  I stop and pray to God that this is not my beloved Wiener Schnitzel but one of the dozens of other renderings of schnitzel - which just means cutlet. I will observe before ordering... :help:

The trouble with me is I am a terrible old cynic.

what do you mean ? Old - yes , but terrible ?

. Just suppose guys that the Chinese guy is a shill - tipping with the bar's money- which goes back to the bar at the end of the night! Reason - to sucker other, inexperienced, customers into accepting this level of tipping as a norm - and putting some real new money into the system. 

not impossible, that list I saw would support that way of thinking as it could be supplementary payroll list but tipping itself was low key i.e . I saw how much he tipped because I was sitting just behind but was it was given to boys  was discreet with note hidden in the palm.

I also saw Asian customer giving a shot of whiskey and 100 baht note to every boy on the catwalk, over 30 boys?

I saw the same month ago in Castro , Boyztown, this time it were 2 Russians treating the same  way  all performers, few more than once.

There are people who understand that often fun needs to be oiled by money and like our friend paulsf says ' calculator is NOT most important travel accessory"

There are people who understand that often fun needs to be oiled by money and like our friend paulsf says ' calculator is NOT most important travel accessory"

Thanks, Vinapu and kudos to Paul. Yes, indeed. How many times do we read comments that come down to 500Bht, more or less, or even 1,000BHT? Now, just how much would I pay to cuddle with a cutie right now in my home - if you guessed more than that you are very much correct. Besides, although I have no way to calculate it the simple fact is that the bar/ off organization in Thailand is secure, I worry about freelancers and the apps and the street ( think back to the days of the steps outside Robinson Silom ) but how often do you ever hear that a bar boy has done ANYTHING, Anything? Just how much is security worth?

Some Asian customers just love flaunting money in the bar, the practice I have not seen farang customers doing for sometime.

Take example of this Taiwanese customer in Jupiter I have seen in September and November.

He is late thirties or early forties, wearing expensive brand clothes, drinking champagne surrounded by 4-5 cute boys, tipping lavishly to boys on stage.

He watches the show smiling all the time and when show ends he goes with 4-5 boys and have a meal/club.

I suppose once upon a time, perhaps Thais thought some of the first Western visitors might have been tipping very generously. 

However, with current exchange rates, most "middle-class" western tourists have to maintain some control on their spending.

Of course, some of the developing Asian countries have very unequal wealth distribution, as the factory workers may be paid very poorly, yet people who have set up businesses can be worth many millions.  

They seem used to splashing out.   Also if they also take fewer days holiday per year, as is often the norm, then there is less need to budget for just a few days holiday.     However, this doesn't seem to be case in the above example.

Also, for fun, it does not need loads of alcohol and large tips.    I've also seen cases where a couple of extrovert farang transformed the atmosphere in a small bar like Vasa on the towel night, by playing around and dispensing 100 baht notes as they were going (and parting with less than 10 of them).   

Also, for fun, it does not need loads of alcohol and large tips.    I've also seen cases where a couple of extrovert farang transformed the atmosphere in a small bar like Vasa on the towel night, by playing around and dispensing 100 baht notes as they were going (and parting with less than 10 of them).   

that's correct, for most boys 100 baht is still very sizable chunk of money. 

I guess some people just get a kick of splashing money, specially if they are with company of their compatriots who can be impressed by such careless spending

Reading all the experiences share here about individuals throwing money like crazy in bars might explains why some boy are rushing to go back to bar on certain nights.

I doubt that is the reason, spoon. Often the bar owner will pay the dancers to return to keep his bar filled with attractions for the customers

And there is always the chance for another off.  ;)

I doubt that is the reason, spoon. Often the bar owner will pay the dancers to return to keep his bar filled with attractions for the customers

And there is always the chance for another off. ;)

Maybe yours is the reason and mine is the motivator lol either way, i can see how money can motivate the boy to be in the bar as long as they can.

And there is always the chance for another off.  ;)

I remember the owner of Winner go go telling me the guys get a extra payment if they return to the bar after going off with a customer.

Reading all the experiences share here about individuals throwing money like crazy in bars might explains why some boy are rushing to go back to bar on certain nights.

Funny you say this.  About two weeks ago my buddies and I were seated at Telephone and we could see the comings and goings at Jupiter, so to speak.  I noticed one tall, dark and handsome guy coming out with this corpulent and slightly limping China guy (probably limping because of his weight) and within half an hour, perhaps less, the tall, dark and handsome guy was already walking back to his bar.  I noticed this coz I was still having  the same drink and I don't sit on my drinks.  What's up with that?  How short is short time?  By the way, people who say that the boys from the "big bars" like Jupiter, Moonlight and Dreamboys are not being "offed" are lying.  We saw plenty of "offs" as were seating in or near those bars.

And btw, I agree totally with paborn's comment about guys in the bars. In my experience 99.9% are decent, honest guys just out to earn a living.

In a generous moment, I would put that number at 80%. I have had plenty of stupid, lazy, greedy boys in the bars and freelancers.

An interesting case last week. I we agreed to meet at a shopping mall Pata Pinklao near his place. An hour later he messaged me that he does not like to have sex on first date, and I agreed. And hour later he asked to borrow 3000 THB, I declined. An hour later he asked to borrow 1000, I declined. An hour later I offered him 500 for sex, message was read by no reply. All conversation was in Thai, and most Thai boys who do not speak English are happy with 500.

You could argue that your number is about boys you met, whereas my above story is about a boy I have not met. But I can drag out plenty of examples of boys I have met who are stupid, lazy, greedy. But I'm getting better at detecting them early on and move to worthier cases.