spoon

Trip report Christmas in Bangkok and New Year in Pattaya

Spoon

Thanks for the delightful report! Your reasons for deciding to avoid the high season make great sense.  I tend to book when space opens up on my calendar - and often that's just before or just after high season.

I'm sort of an exception to the rule as the Hotmale touts (I refer to them as "grabbers") know me from multiple visits, so I get to see family photos as I buy them a coffee.

I, too, often base myself at Maxi's where PaulSF taught me where to sit to see the Freshboys on stage.  One needs be careful and not take the see that lets one see the X-Boys mamasans change.  

7 minutes ago, ggobkk said:

as the Hotmale touts (I refer to them as "grabbers") know me from multiple visits, so I get to see family photos as I buy them a coffee.

I like one of them , he often  wears bandanna , never was brave enough to off him but one day I will but at least managed to  few times to place his tip deep in his jeans, it feels he has impressive flat stomach

3 minutes ago, vinapu said:

I like one of them , he often  wears bandanna , never was brave enough to off him but one day I will but at least managed to  few times to place his tip deep in his jeans, it feels he has impressive flat stomach

One rainy night as I was leaving Twilight for Jupiter, Mr Bandana, found an umbrella and walked me over to Jupiter to let them know I was a good customer.  Hot Male and Jupiter have the same owner.  Not sure the recommendation made any difference - though mamasan spent quality  time analyzing possible offs for me.

40 minutes ago, ggobkk said:

Spoon

Thanks for the delightful report! Your reasons for deciding to avoid the high season make great sense.  I tend to book when space opens up on my calendar - and often that's just before or just after high season.

I'm sort of an exception to the rule as the Hotmale touts (I refer to them as "grabbers") know me from multiple visits, so I get to see family photos as I buy them a coffee.

I, too, often base myself at Maxi's where PaulSF taught me where to sit to see the Freshboys on stage.  One needs be careful and not take the see that lets one see the X-Boys mamasans change.  

As i frequent soi twilight almost daily during my stay in bkk, he definitely noticed me and becomes more comfortable to hold my shoulder steering me to hot male. So far, no success from their part lol. Though i have to admit, being recognized does feed my ego nicely lol. And as i can see here, his marketing technique works like a charm on some of the forumers here lol. 

I actually had seated exactly like what u described each time i go to maxis, clear view of freshboys stage and no view of xboys lol. Ubfortunately i dont have the honor of meeting with paulsf this time around. Hope he will recover soon.

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

long live low season !

If that is necessary for bars to survive I'm glad there are people who pay such off fees. But there are still decent places with decent guys without need to pay off fees in thousands

For people who can only make the time to visit year end (Chinese for example who have limited work leave and need to take advantage of the big national holidays), the still-low (to them) prices and availability of guys makes it worthwhile. But I too am glad I can usually make my trips during low season. 

The Moonlight grabber is also fond of placing his hands on customers. Once when I went by myself he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and bundled me in as though afraid I would run away lol. We had a good laugh together. But the last time I went, he pretended not to recognise me though I knew he did. Strange fellow. Think he used to be a gogo boy until quite recently.

1 hour ago, ggobkk said:

One rainy night as I was leaving Twilight for Jupiter, Mr Bandana, found an umbrella and walked me over to Jupiter to let them know I was a good customer.  Hot Male and Jupiter have the same owner.  Not sure the recommendation made any difference - though mamasan spent quality  time analyzing possible offs for me.

I believe you mean Hot Male and Moonlight, not Jupiter? Hot Male and Moonlight are owned by a man, Jupiter by a woman who is apparently married to a high ranking cop. I am only making this distinction because the latest rumour I heard is that the two owners were in talks to possibly merge operations, when the Soi 4 leases expire. Now this would be an interesting development. But sounds somewhat far fetched to me. 

Thanks for the fine report Spoon.  I strongly suspect that the boys get more picky during the high season.  OK it is partially balanced out by University students coming in from Cambodia and so on to earn more money.

When we were in Toy Boys, at one point the customers were waiting by the door due to a lack of seats.

So if you have no reason to visit during high season, then a visit at another time of year would make sense.

For years, I have had reasons to come here during high season, including enforced holidays from work and the weather.   In future, I might also be adjusting my schedule.

4 hours ago, vinapu said:

Now he (bandana man) is touting for Moonlight and perched at entrance to their soi

new routine last night saw three of the Moonlight models, including babe, doing towel only dance. Getting more revealing than they were before.

sadly no Tam, Sunny or Nicky........

Spoon. I accept your word. Perhaps, I allowed my defence of some guys I've cared for to color my view and lump Z in with a certain troll I, truly, doubt has been to Thailand. So, I hope Z will accept my apologies and if he continues to post in the more carefully worded sentences he used in rebuttal I promise you'll not hear from me about him again. I would love, after all, to meet a "lovely man" and buy him a drink.

12 hours ago, z909 said:

When we were in Toy Boys, at one point the customers were waiting by the door due to a lack of seats.

then no wonder boys are demanding premiums and declining long time, who wouldn't ?

Although it may not be so straight forward, bar too crowded and too noisy may be actually detrimental to feeling amorous and itching to  off somebody, specially if it allows smoking inside. 

Crowd management and all that

4 hours ago, paborn said:

I've seen this happen when a Chinese tour bus pulls tp the curb. It hasn't lasted long, merely an inconvience.

I dont want to jump ahead of my trip report but this happens few times in a different bar too. And chinese tour buses are plenty every single night, peaking at new years eves, where they park all the way until tuckom. 

10 minutes ago, spoon said:

I dont want to jump ahead of my trip report but this happens few times in a different bar too. And chinese tour buses are plenty every single night, peaking at new years eves, where they park all the way until tuckom. 

Well, I'll be in TB in one week, I pray that the holiday rush is over.

1 hour ago, spoon said:

I saw plenty of those in Pattaya,  tours of Boyztown are popular but they seem to rush by. If sitting there I always wave at them , some are shyly turning heads away but there are those- mostly ladies who are winking and waving back.

But never I saw bus being unloaded to any bar, not to mention boy bar so that's new development.  

45 minutes ago, vinapu said:

I saw plenty of those in Pattaya,  tours of Boyztown are popular but they seem to rush by. If sitting there I always wave at them , some are shyly turning heads away but there are those- mostly ladies who are winking and waving back.

But never I saw bus being unloaded to any bar, not to mention boy bar so that's new development.  

I dont recall seeing bus being unloaded to bars too. But then again, im already inside bars most of the time when im in boystown. 

I woke up around noonish again, checked my messages. Two forumers from another forum will be meeting me tonight for a bar visit, so i checked again if its still on. Showered and get ready to have lunch at pad thai salaedang behind silom complex, cheap seafood padthai and many local thai eat here during lunch hour as well. Then i make my way to museum of siam, recommended by christianpfc. Took BTS to saphan taksin, take the orange boat, and take off at yodpiman pier. From there, walked through the flower market, and take left on the major road, cross over the river to get to the museum. While i walked through the flower market, i saw a group of thai doing lion dance around the market and asking for donation. 

One of the reason i go to this particular museum is to get the muse pass. The pass gives access to more than 50 museum, some of which are quite expensive, for the price of 299 and it is valid for a year. Admission to museum siam alone is 200 for foreigner. The museum itself is worth visiting, a great introduction of thai culture which they coined the term "thainess". The room with blocks of articles and pictures popping out while they tell you a summary of thai history is unique and interesting. After the museum visits, i continue north to tha thien pier and was shocked at the queue to take the ferry to the other side. It goes all the way outside the building for maybe only quarter way to the main road. Again reminded me that this is truly the peak season. Not in the mood of walking further, i join in the queue, took maybe half an hour or so before i get to the ferry and to the other side, which is wat arun. I didnt plan to visit this wat again, so i went straight to the other side to take the orange boat back to saphan taksin, and glad that there isnt much people queuing here. Waited about 10min before i get into the boat. 

Not surprising, i had to queue again to change coin to buy bts ticket back to silom and asked for more coins for future use. Another 10-15 min wasted. I started to feel the peak season is really a bad time to come here. Arrived at silom and checked that its already 5pm. So i guess its time to head to prime again lol. Went straight to prime, and asked if i can have oil massage, they checked the schedule and asked if i can wait, until 6pm. I said sure. Then i asked if i can choose from ipad like yesterday, and suddenly they said sorry, cannot choose for two week, peak season. Another reason to avoid coming here during this time. I then asked to at lesst get assigned someone who can give me a strong massage, as i already had a sensual one yesterday. He nodded, and wrote a theraphist name in thai script. I went out and walk toward surawong, and buy a drink from good old 7e, and make my way back to prime to wait and checked my messages, fb etc until im ushered to the room. 

The masseur assigned to me is older than yesterday, and looks a bit effeminate. This time i got a room with ensuite bath, unlike yesterday. The massage started strong before the oil, but the upper back massage lack strength, and started being repetative, and sensual, but since the masseur isnt my type, it became a bit boring. He also sit on my thigh while massaging my upper back, something that i usually didnt like as well, and only tolerate if the masseur is my type. I thought this will be the first time im getting a bad massage from prime, however, his massage of the rest of my body was actually really good. Good strength and good technique. Later on, i finally understand why, he is actually flirting with me lol. I guess when he realized i didnt enjoy the upper back massage, he goes back to his normal massage routine. It became clear after i turned, he started getting very sensual massaging my front leg and thigh, trying to get me hard, and kudos to him, i finally did. He is clearly gay and flirting with me, touch my cheek and laughing etc. Too bad, he isnt my type, so i dont really respond to his advances. And he actually touched my dick briefly too lol. And yet he didnt directly asked if i wanted HE, i guess because he picked up my non responsiveness, and he is right too, i wouldve say no. I have a different plan tonight as well lol. 

So despite the poor start, the session went well, all good, lots of teasing and also strong massage as well. After the massage, went to get dinner at madrid tavern, trying their pizza lol. I wouldnt say its the best pizza ive had, but its amongst the top. The one i have in hua hin venizia is still the best one i had in thailand. I also checked my message and seems like both guys i am meeting tonight had touched down and heading to their hotels. I agree to meet the one ive been chatting for quite a while, and from my home town as well, near family mart at soi twilight, and head to moonlight afterwards. The other guy which is from brunei, arrived a bit late as his hotel is at thonglor, so i told him to go to moonlight instead and ill meet him at the door. I went back to hotel after dinner to get dress for the bar tonight, and finally not alone lol