12is12

Basics for BKK, please

52 minutes ago, PeterRS said:

I wish the younger generation could be bothered to educate themselves about its history. 

Actually I think you'll find that people using "queer" have always known the negative history, so it's used as a way owning/taking power over the phrase.  So those people using it have been saying "I know you [public] might think it's an insult, but I don't and not only do I take away your power to insult me, I am appropriating the word with pride."

Guys, I hope I'm not out of the etiquette line with the following request; if I AM, I apologize.

This interesting semantic-philosophic debate is so far from the original "BKK basics", it might be taking attention away from it.

I'd appreciate it if you would open a new thread for your discussion.

Thanks

(-:

5 minutes ago, 12is12 said:

Guys, I hope I'm not out of the etiquette line with the following request; if I AM, I apologize.

This interesting semantic-philosophic debate is so far from the original "BKK basics", it might be taking attention away from it.

I'd appreciate it if you would open a new thread for your discussion.

Thanks

(-:

LOLs.  I realize you previously mentioned that you didn't want to take the time to read through other threads, but if you had you would have noticed that often threads do go a-wandering.  There is another forum where "keep-to-the-topic" is enforced.  In this Forum it's more common to let things go with the flow.

OK Divine. "When in Rome..."

Macaroni, thanks again for tutorial II.

My expectations from shows are accordingly lowered. I was planning to off boys from a "big dick" show/competition, but I have no craving for a "rubber sausage"

Do massages really open only at 15:00? I was hoping for morning sex before sightseeing....

Cut Muslims: Sorry for not being clear; I'll try again. Initially I assumed no cut in SE Asia. Then I read there ARE cut Muslim boys in BKK, from small Muslim minority groups. That's why I asked if there's any special place to find them. Cut, long, hard, shaved, upward-pointing; that's my favorite.

Sorry now i am more confused, you like cut or uncut? Certainly muslim boys are all cut from young age. But as pointed out by others, its not common to find one, but my experience are also from dreamboys, but he quit working at bar already. If u really want to find cut boys, going further south to KL, or jakarta/bali would probably be a better chance to find one, but in this area, u probably wont have the advantage of seeing the goods on stage and close inspection in the bar before deciding to off them like what you'd have in bkk and pattaya. I hardly think the muslim boys will congregate in one place. More likely is none of their friends and family back home knows he is working in the bars, let alone gay bar.

32 minutes ago, 12is12 said:

I'm new to this website. It didn't cross my mind there are more than one forum for Thailand.

In the upper left corner under "browse " and to the left of  ' clubs" there's button ' forums ' , when you click that you will see several different forums available

As for my personal experience:

Best Off: Dreamboys

Best Show: Moonlight & Jupiter2018

Best Massage Place: Prince

Short Time: 2,000

Long Time: 3,000

Off Fee: 500

Tip when u table a boy: 200 + drink for the boy

What to do in the morning: Aside from massage, try rentmen.com

Again, this are all based on my experience, no intention 4 an argument please, tnk u!!!

4 hours ago, 12is12 said:

Thank you VERY VERY much.

This is exactly what I was waiting for.

You won't get any arguments from me.....   (-:

Would of course like to read others' opinions.

I read somewhere that drinks are 350. Minamilist calculation: drink for me + for him + off = 1200 baht before any hanky-panky starts.....

Ur welcome!!!

Yup I 4got 2 include entrance fee which includes 1 drink 4 u so ur computation is right...BUT if u already know a boy, you can immediately proceed 2 off fee, so the entrance fee, drink 4 boy, tip 2 table the boy was saved, he he, some bars allowed this like Dreamboys and Moonlight but other's don't like Jupiter2018 where u are required 2 pay the entrance fee b4 u can off the boy, BUT AGAIN, you need 2 see the show and the parade of boys 2 so you can see them closer and in person b4 u select a boy, right? UNLESS pics or vids of the boy (which can be found in the go go bars social media accts and in threads here) is already enough to an off, ha ha...

As for me, I see the show and parade of boys in my 1st visit in a go go bar and on my next visits, I just off the boy immediately from the numbers I remembered or show the pic of the boy 2 mamasan (usually in Dreamboys and Moonlight), that's a tip 4 u, enjoy!!! ;) 

6 hours ago, 12is12 said:

Won't try this cost saving; need to see and feel.

I like your way of thinking

6 hours ago, 12is12 said:

Is there a reliable shows schedule, or do I need to come at 9 and wait?

depending of bar shows start between 10 and 10.45 and are usually close to advertised time. Coming earlier has advantage of picking up better seat and having a chance to ogle guys on display , perhaps even invite one of them to watch the show together over drink. 

7 hours ago, 12is12 said:

The major venues sort of stay close to the show times, Moonlight and Jupiter are almost always right on time.  Some other clubs wait until there is an audience so start time could be whenever.  Screwboys has the latest show.

Moonlight and Jupiter have midnight shows.

Enjoy

17 hours ago, 12is12 said:

Thx a lot again.

Won't try this cost saving; need to see and feel.

But only a few changed their show's lineup that's why on my next visit I only off the boy to have more time with them...of course, the 1st visit u should really watch the show...anyway, its your call if you want 2 watch the same show...

Yes its better u come at 9pm so you can watch the parade of boys and you can select who do you want while they're still complete, other boys was immediately offed early, while waiting for the show, enjoy!!!

A few months back, Spoon and I met up and after a drink at Hot Male’s outside bar we went to Lucky Boy around 9:30 to catch the parade before the show. Mama Lucy had bared seated us, when I saw Yoyo was in the lineup / or, Yoyo saw me.  We have a bit of history (good history).  So I offed him.  Yoyo and I then went to check out the Moonlight show.  He updated me on many of the Moonlight guys and I arranged an off for the next day with the mamasan.

So, if you go early to see a show, you might have an off and see a couple of shows, plus a private one back at your hotel. 

note - Vinapu has reported that Yoyo has returned to Screwboys!

3 hours ago, ggobkk said:

A few months back, Spoon and I met up and after a drink at Hot Male’s outside bar we went to Lucky Boy around 9:30 to catch the parade before the show. Mama Lucy had bared seated us, when I saw Yoyo was in the lineup / or, Yoyo saw me.  We have a bit of history (good history).  So I offed him.  Yoyo and I then went to check out the Moonlight show.  He updated me on many of the Moonlight guys and I arranged an off for the next day with the mamasan.

So, if you go early to see a show, you might have an off and see a couple of shows, plus a private one back at your hotel. 

note - Vinapu has reported that Yoyo has returned to Screwboys!

Ggo, I need 2 ask how Yoyo looks like?...I think he is the one I asked to the mamasan but was snatched by the other customer, lol...is he cute but with a bad boy look? I think he's #16 in Screwboys? Is there anyone who can answer? Tnx!

All of the above advice is accurate if somewhat variable.

Before you go exploring, why not go for an early drink and maybe meal in Silom Soi 4 - the gay soi - and soak up some of the gay Bangkok atmosphere and meet someone to ask their experiences.Then go exploring about 9pm.

Balcony pub, Silom soi 4 opens at 5.30pm but is quiet till about 8 then very busy by 10 for their free show at 10:45 with Coyote boys and cabaret.

Telephone pub, Connection Bar and Welcome Bar same soi has similar opening times and prices.