12is12

Seasons in BKK gaytown?

Hi Guys,

It's my impression forum members flock to Bangcock according to tourism seasons. If that's true, why is it so? I mean, doing these bar/club rounds isn't supposed to be impacted by weather or other touristic factors.....

What ARE the high and low seasons for Thailand and for gaytown?

When do I get the best chance of meeting most of you - Screwed, Lucky, Dreamy and Fresh?

October is NOT a high season yet  when I was there first full week of month there were plenty members and I was lucky to meet quite a few.

High season has advantage in having more guys staffing bars but also they are more in demand.

I personally don't see much difference between seasons when guys and forum members are concerned, there are always some. My high season is when I have money to go.

I think you’ll find several forum members that spend long time in Thailand will go back to their home countries June July August.  Not because of Thailand rain, but it’s summer in home countries and good time to see family and friends and take care of any business that might have needs.  

38 minutes ago, ggobkk said:

.  Some of my best times have been in October and May. 

Correct!October and May are low season and best as far as I’m concerned.

more boys per customer.

less people in restaurants..quicker service.

same for bars

less traffic, especially in Pattaya

Cheaper hotels and more choice

Cheaper flights

saunas not so busy with falang, so more choice of thai boys!

weather may be rainy...irrelevant as I do not go to the beach!

less queueing ta the airport...flights invariably not full

i could go on.....!

I always went March and October. Except this year when I had my end of year trip the last week of this November (I returned Friday). Since end of November counts for high season, I didn’t notice any difference with my begin October holidays in other years.

For example the public in The Venue cabaret show and Castro cabaret show was about equal size compared to an early October showing. Boys seemed to be about equal in numbers. I just didn’t see the difference. 

3 minutes ago, abidismaili said:

I just didn’t see the difference. 

I agree, other than prices and airport crowds I did not notice any big difference between seasons. Even rains rarely last longer than 1-2 hrs and life goes back to normal surprisingly fast.

My best trip was first half of Dec though, but followed closely by end of Aug/ beginning of Sept one.

Only my best boy even ruins that theory - I met him on Christmas time 2014  trip, never saw him before and never again.