Londoner

Bangkok host bars

What are the current recommendations for host bars in Bangkok.? Welcome looked busy when I was there in Balcony a couple of months ago while  Banana on Soi 4 less so. However, I understand that there are other floors to that establishment...are they just bars with hosts too? 

And what about  Patpong 1/2....anything similar there? 

I wonder the same myself. Haven't been in BKK for 2 years now, and what I can read in the forum a lot of things have changed. In a different post I found:

On 12/6/2019 at 9:54 PM, DrimVoiz said:

Just 2 suggest, for go go bars, if you like model-looking boys, try Moonlight & Jupiter2018, for bodybuilder-type there's Tawan, for twinks there's Screwboys and Lucky Boys...but my best off (take the boy 2 your hotel) is still in Dreamboys, standard rate of boy is 2,000 baht if you off him, if you just table him, price of drink + 200 baht, and entrace fee of most bar is 500 baht but some are cheaper which includes 1 drink and viewing the show.

Did anybody actually visit Tawan lately? Much reports on Moonlight, Jupiter and the new Patong2 bars, but what about Tawan? 

I personally like a boy with a muscular body; not too slim but does't need to be body building type either. So probably Moonlight and Jupiter are good options for me when it comes to the type f guys they have. But I read also reports about the high prices (Moonlight) and most of the muscular type boys are "men" and do not kiss, suck or get fucked themselves (Moonlight & Jupiter)... Me being a top; it will probabaly be hard to find a boy to off there for me that can bttm.... :(  What you guys think are the bars with the best chances for me? ;)

Hot Male outside bar is a good place and it’s attentive hosts are a plus.  Down stairs, Red Dragon is just getting its act together.  It’s part of Freshboys, so before the FB show the grabbers serve as hosts.  Numazu mentions it in his reporting.  And it will feature in my report when Im recovered from a really bad cold.

23 hours ago, Londoner said:

Banana on Soi 4 less so. However, I understand that there are other floors to that establishment...are they just bars with hosts too? 

The Banana on 4 (strangely, their illuminated sign outside hasn't been on for months) premises has, on the floor above ground, Banana Room Club a small gogo bar, formerly fresh Boys on soi Twilight. Owned by the host bar ' Welcome' also on soi 4.

On 8 December 2019 at 8:50 PM, emiel1981 said:

I wonder the same myself. Haven't been in BKK for 2 years now, and what I can read in the forum a lot of things have changed. In a different post I found:

Did anybody actually visit Tawan lately? Much reports on Moonlight, Jupiter and the new Patong2 bars, but what about Tawan? 

I personally like a boy with a muscular body; not too slim but does't need to be body building type either. So probably Moonlight and Jupiter are good options for me when it comes to the type f guys they have. But I read also reports about the high prices (Moonlight) and most of the muscular type boys are "men" and do not kiss, suck or get fucked themselves (Moonlight & Jupiter)... Me being a top; it will probabaly be hard to find a boy to off there for me that can bttm.... :(  What you guys think are the bars with the best chances for me? ;)

I like the twinks of Moonlight who are willing 2 bottom 4 me...and you can also try Screwboys and Dreamboys!!! With Jupiter2018 not so sure if you can top a boy in there...

A HOST bar is a gay bar that has (some of its) staff for rent (called off, or pay barfine).

They may be waiters or not. In Pattaya pretty common and called bar beer.

This however has never been the practice on soi 4, though many a freelancer used to hang out there. Comes to the same-you have a temporary willing BF, but there is no barfine/off to be paid to bar.

If those hosts are also dancing, or pretending to, its usually called aGOGO. This is/was the most common format in Silom/around Patpong bars.

Thai style bars sometimes have friendly guys for rent as company during your stay in the bar, pay by the minute! Quite uncommon though for usual gay bars and for farang. Much more common for str8 ladies and also in Japan. Much more common in Thai bars is the KaraOK concept, not really beoved by farang.

As usual about all these concepts are imitations of how the much larger str8 bars work and ofte were initiated in Japan.

On 12/9/2019 at 4:42 PM, Patanawet said:

The Banana on 4 (strangely, their illuminated sign outside hasn't been on for months) premises has, on the floor above ground, Banana Room Club a small gogo bar, formerly fresh Boys on soi Twilight. Owned by the host bar ' Welcome' also on soi 4.

Since I posted the above --- The Banana downstairs seems to have changed it's name to the same as the upstairs gogo bar 'Banana Room Club'.

8 hours ago, Londoner said:

Welcome (Soi 4),  Banana (Soi4),  Hotmale (Patpong). Red Dragon may be good late in the evening ; I was too early on the nights I was in Bangkok.

Can you confirm where Red Dragon is.  Is it just a beer bar in PP2  and just one of those bars in the strip of bars along that Soi?

If you were just about to climb the stairs to Freshboys, the bar is immediately to your left. It's open on two sides (Patpong 2 and the portico side ) just in front of Screwboys.

It has small tables, a sofa and small bar.

The Freshboys waiters (all will be wearing numbers and acting as hawkers before show) are offable. Don't be surprised if they find you before you find them.

On 1/23/2020 at 11:43 AM, anddy said:

Our new member @Milk78 made the mistake going to the bar on the right (not left) for our meetup, but I spotted him easily ;) 

Note:
female waitresses = wrong bar
single male bartender = correct bar 
LOL

An easy but, on reflection, silly mistake to make. The girls should have been enough for me to realise i had got it wrong!! 

On 1/23/2020 at 4:43 AM, anddy said:

Red Dragon is the very tiny bar DIRECTLY in front of Screwboys door and TO THE LEFT of the the staircase leading up to Fresh Boys

So on Google Maps there is a Stairway but the Sign over it says "SIDE LINE". Is that now "Fresh Boys"??

3 hours ago, GWMinUS said:

So on Google Maps there is a Stairway but the Sign over it says "SIDE LINE". Is that now "Fresh Boys"??

I think you are referring to street view in maps.... Well that quite obviously is outdated, they can't just drive around the cities every month or two. A LOT has changed in that corner of Patpong2 in the last 6 or 9 months, so google streetview will give you zero current information. 

I don't know what SIDE LINE is or was, it certainly doesn't exist now. Up the flight of stairs is indeed Fresh Boys. whereas below to the left, as described, Red Dragon bar. Only the girl Dragon Bar to the right is unchanged.