numazu

A Newbie's 2nd Time in Brazil: Sao Paulo and Porto Alegre

• Members
1 hour ago, numazu1 said:

He bottomed, of course. Insisted on bare. I obliged. I was taking PrEP, so at least he was safe. 

I’m always kind of cautious with garotos (or any hookups) who offer to bottom bare.  I’ve yet to have one insist on it.

Does anyone know if Brazilians can get Prep for free with their national healthcare?

11 hours ago, floridarob said:

Intercontinental in SP was TotallyOZ's 2nd home for awhile, lol

Yep, stayed there a few hundred nights over the years.  They use to give me a great 60 or 90 day stay rate.  Actually, that is the hotel I met Hooboy at on my first trip to Sao Paulo and loved the hotel and stayed ever after.

On 6/3/2018 at 4:15 PM, floridarob said:

Intercontinental in SP was TotallyOZ's 2nd home for awhile, lol

17 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

Yep, stayed there a few hundred nights over the years.  They use to give me a great 60 or 90 day stay rate.  Actually, that is the hotel I met Hooboy at on my first trip to Sao Paulo and loved the hotel and stayed ever after.

A few hundred nights? Wow you're a baller TotallyOz. It's a fabulous hotel and the location is amazing. And the staff didn't seem to mind my guests either, as security didn't even bat an eye and no one even checked for ID.

On 6/3/2018 at 5:25 PM, sanddunes said:

I’m always kind of cautious with garotos (or any hookups) who offer to bottom bare.  I’ve yet to have one insist on it.

Does anyone know if Brazilians can get Prep for free with their national healthcare?

Yeah i never do it bare with sex workers ever, no matter how hot one is. With non-working guys, its a matter of instinct for me. I don't do it for everyone, but when I do it its special, and always worth it. Always came out of it still negative, fingers crossed. It's a calculated risk for me, and the PrEP I'm sure does help. I wouldn't recommend this behavior to anyone. My sexual health, my responsibility. But if one can get access to PrEP, get on it!

17 hours ago, likeohmygod said:

Prep in Brazil is not free. They do pay a percentage of the full cost, but i guess it depends in the single state. 

The BF and I are on PrEP, and we have been asked by some friends if we could import some into Brazil for them. It's still expensive in the USA, but Thailand seems to have cheaper PrEP. I wonder how they get it that cheap...

On 6/3/2018 at 5:29 PM, sanddunes said:

Lucas with the blue underwear is sexy!

Today was the pride parade in Sao Paulo...probably a lot of the garotos from Rio will be around Lagoa tonight

SP Pride will be a goal for me next year. All the photos from friends of the parade and parties had me envious.

I am curious then, are the saunas super busy during Pride? Overflowing Cabinas? More garotos than customers? Too many customers?

• Members
9 hours ago, numazu1 said:

The BF and I are on PrEP, and we have been asked by some friends if we could import some into Brazil for them. It's still expensive in the USA, but Thailand seems to have cheaper PrEP. I wonder how they get it that cheap...

Because they make the drugs on their own, ignoring patents and cutting the sale price of more than 90% in some cases.

BTW I was curious to ask you guys this question...in particular to numazu.

How the hell do you get all those messages from garotos de programa on Grindr on Brazil? I mean, I have always used it to be a great source of GPs in Brazil, but that's because i was contacting them. The only time I tried to write on my profile that i was looking for paid sex, i got banned.

• Members
2 hours ago, likeohmygod said:

Because they make the drugs on their own, ignoring patents and cutting the sale price of more than 90% in some cases.

How the hell do you get all those messages from garotos de programa on Grindr on Brazil? I mean, I have always used it to be a great source of GPs in Brazil, but that's because i was contacting them. The only time I tried to write on my profile that i was looking for paid sex, i got banned.

If you put on your profile something like open to GP or something like looking for Nice Guy$$$ people get the message without explicitly saying it

On 6/5/2018 at 5:28 AM, likeohmygod said:

I’m never explicit about my intentions on Grindr. I don’t put on there that I’m looking for sex, or for garotos, or have any $$$ on my profile. The headline on my profile is simple but has been effective in both attracting local guys AND paid guys, at least for me. Your mileage may vary. 

4B675F19-7882-452E-9970-3EA1F3868DFC.thumb.jpeg.7ad788aca55aac38f2a1caaf2be21278.jpeg

Warning: this is not my actual Display Name, but close enough. One or two words, in the country’s language, followed by an American flag. You can’t do much. You only have 15 characters to work with.

These words plus flag combination is what i use in Latin America, from Mexico to Uruguay, and including Brazil. I don’t know if that’s what makes it work or not. I also have my real photo on there. Useful for local guy hookups.

I almost never initiate contact. The beauty about this part of the world is that there are always horny guys out there, as well as hot guys in need of cash, or both. It’s like watching a Christmas tree light up, as I have said before. Drains my cellphone battery a lot.

I get a fair number of messages from prostitutes when in Colombia. Ditto Brazil. I don’t know why. Maybe it’s the American flag in my profile, a signal to them that I may have gringo dollars. It might be my stupid face, or the fact I’m fresh meat, as I’m never in a place for more than a week or two. Who knows. But it works for me.

1 hour ago, numazu1 said:

Day 3: More Sao Paulo, more Marcos

My second day with Marcos was filled with same frantic touristic pace we had yesterday. I was letting him dictate the pace because it was fun seeing him all excited and pumped up to discover the city. I remember once upon a time, having this wide-eyed fascination with traveling, and it is nice to at least get a contact-high for discovery as Marcos was having for Sao Paulo. Not to get into any details of the day, but after breakfast we started with walking around Parque Ibirapuera, a massive park within Sao Paulo similar to what Central Park is to New York City, and just admire the scenery and the people and have conversations about life and such. We go back to the hotel to shower and then hoofed it towards Rua Augusta and Oscar Friere Avenue to see Sao Paulo’s version or Rodeo Drive (a famous shopping haven in Beverly Hills, California). Marcos bought some items from the shops there. It was important to him that the shopping bags that his merchandise came in had the words “Oscar Frieire” on them, to show his friends and family back home that he shopped in the famous shopping district.

I love Parque Ibirapuera. It is great.  Do they still have gay cruising at night?  I loved the vibe of the sex Brazil guys chatting and drinking and listening to music.

• Members

You travel exactly how I travel!    I’ve had the absolute best experiences with local guys showing me their city.  From India and Thailand to Egypt and Jordan.  Mexico and colombia and Cuba.    These trips really are so much more enriching than doing it alone.   And sex is better (for me at least) when I’ve built up that connection throughout the day.    Thank you for your fantastic posts!   And also for the peep show as well.    

• Members

Numazu, ...have definitely enjoyed reading about your travels in Brasil.  Your photos brought back memories which further piqued my interest for future travel to my favorite country, with Rio being my most favorite city based on some of the things that you wrote about it.  I've always liked its omnipresent beat!

...loved the garotos website; unfortunately, I can't read Brasilian Portugese.  That Arab guy, as he calls himself, is one hell of a hunk.  While I viewed his innumerable photos-- I further yearned to be with him!  :drool:  :P  :drool:

Continue to write and share when time permits!  Obrigado!

• Members
2 hours ago, numazu1 said:

I use the watch band on my Apple Watch my first day back in the USA, and the band disintegrates 30 minutes into my gym session later that day. That is a record. Thank goodness the watch itself did not get damaged. It’s the thought that counts I guess.

Sorry but I am a little confused.  Are you back in the USA now and this diary is from the past?  I thought this is a real time event.

On 6/6/2018 at 10:04 PM, TotallyOz said:

I love Parque Ibirapuera. It is great.  Do they still have gay cruising at night?  I loved the vibe of the sex Brazil guys chatting and drinking and listening to music.

I did not know that this was a thing. Must check on it next time I am in SP.

On 6/6/2018 at 10:36 PM, docbr said:

Ow numazu1 your reports are real dangerous for the weak like me... they make me want to board on the next plane to São Paulo...

I am reliving my trip with what i write here, and my writing makes me also want to board the next plane to SP. I had so much fun.

On 6/6/2018 at 10:54 PM, Alaskabear said:

You travel exactly how I travel!    I’ve had the absolute best experiences with local guys showing me their city.  From India and Thailand to Egypt and Jordan.  Mexico and colombia and Cuba.    These trips really are so much more enriching than doing it alone.   And sex is better (for me at least) when I’ve built up that connection throughout the day.    Thank you for your fantastic posts!   And also for the peep show as well.    

Thanks. You got the gist of why I do travel the way I do. I've met so many friends with this method. The problem is they want to see you again next trip, but all you want is to meet others. But its a good problem to have.

On 6/7/2018 at 5:01 PM, axiom2001 said:

Numazu, ...have definitely enjoyed reading about your travels in Brasil.  Your photos brought back memories which further piqued my interest for future travel to my favorite country, with Rio being my most favorite city based on some of the things that you wrote about it.  I've always liked its omnipresent beat!

...loved the garotos website; unfortunately, I can't read Brasilian Portugese.  That Arab guy, as he calls himself, is one hell of a hunk.  While I viewed his innumerable photos-- I further yearned to be with him!  :drool:  :P  :drool:

Continue to write and share when time permits!  Obrigado!

Muito obrigado amigo. I am wondering now why I did not get the "arab" when I was there. He is indeed yummy. I will try to get him next time. 

20 hours ago, Walker said:

Sorry but I am a little confused.  Are you back in the USA now and this diary is from the past?  I thought this is a real time event.

Apologies if it was not clear. This was a trip that concluded 3-4 weeks ago. I do not have the time while I am there to write this.