caeron

My Visit to Bangkok

Yes, love Dreamboys most of the time, did not have good luck last 2 times there.   Tawan hasn't changed for me in 20 years. Seems like the same same each time.

I am one of the few that like Jupiter and find good guys from there.

I find Arena, My Hero and The Prince mostly older muscle guys now.  But, it all depends on the time you go and who shows up that day.  My friends tell me Screwboys has the hottest guys in Bangkok right now.

The guys at Jupiter were my type, college athlete look. Muscled but not body builders. Just didn't find a guy whose face did it for me. If you like that type, there are a lot of good choices there. 

I have to say that the number of women in the bars did surprise me. I know it shouldn't since others have written about it, so I knew it was happening, but it is different when you see it. I didn't think it would bother me as much as it did.

The guys at Jupiter were my type, college athlete look. Muscled but not body builders. Just didn't find a guy whose face did it for me. If you like that type, there are a lot of good choices there. 

I have to say that the number of women in the bars did surprise me. I know it shouldn't since others have written about it, so I knew it was happening, but it is different when you see it. I didn't think it would bother me as much as it did.

Yangdon was fun, and I enjoyed my visits to Lime spa. I had a very short time there, so I wasn't really very adventurous but grindr blew up on me with all the boys who wanted to spend time with this hairy old guy. 

I think I'll go back.

A big shout out to Simon, my guide from siamroads.com. He was completely marriage material, and if my wife was better at sharing I'd have thought seriously about carrying him off :D. If you're in Thailand, spare a day or two to see the golden pagoda of yangdon and visit with him. He helps run the country's gay film festival that runs early January into February.

So far Sri Lanka has been a bust. Some grindr activity, but distances are discouraging (that and the cold I'm coming down with. damn planes). Maybe in the next 5 days here my health and luck will improve. The country does remind me of India though. Too crowded and noisy generally for my tastes. Unlike Myanmar that I wanted to go back to, I'm pretty sure this will be a one and done destination...

I will have a couple of days free in Johannesburg, South Africa next week before I hit Rio, so we'll see what trouble I can get into there...

• Members

I went to Jupiter about 15 years ago with my bf at the time who was a very shy closeted guy at the time.  He was so shocked to see a guy play a slide whistle with his ass.  lol

I hadn't returned to Jupiter in years but just went on my last trip.  The guys were very cute and in shape - 6 pack abs and everything.  However, as others have stated here, there were women in the club too, which is a turn off for me too.  I guess with their location a bit hidden, they need all of the customers they can get.  I think a lot of the guys there are straight too, so they seemed to cater more to the women.  I'm not that interested in going back.  

• Members
On 7/20/2018 at 1:42 PM, caeron said:

I will have a couple of days free in Johannesburg, South Africa next week

I don't know @caeron if you've spent time in South Africa before. It's a great country and I visited many times in more than 20 years, but the staggering beauty is only matched by the high level of crime that is ferociously violent. Please stay alert, take good care and enjoy your visit.

• Members
On 7/20/2018 at 5:37 AM, caeron said:

Women should not be allowed in the boy bars.

Thanks for the warnings on South Africa. I've gotten the same from the locals here. Am in Kruger and headed into Joburg today. Will try to be careful. Don't want to have something happen before I can arrive in Rio for the real fun!

• Members

Women destroyed the Gaiety with their bachelorette parties. The dancers would give them lots of attention, ignoring the guys with the tips. It didn't go over well. They often screamed, more in embarrassment over seeing a hard cock. They were so loud that the male attendance dropped. Soon the Gaiety was dead.

I haven’t found it nearly as bad in Bangkok as some people report. Maybe I’m just lucky.   More often than not a few females with their boyfriends.  At Jupiter and Moonlight, many of the boys onstage are straight and they are encouraging the women sitting up front to maybe get a bit involved.  I can easily ignor them and just concentrate on what I came for. 

I am not bothered by the women. I know what I like and if they are free that night, great. If not, easy to move on. I never liked the gay NYC clubs exclusion of women either. But, I love to hang with ladies and I don't mind the competition. I also think this is where the locals have a bit of leverage. When I lived in Pattaya and was in the bars nightly, I got all the attention and was a known quantity. Even ladies didn't get preference over me. 

I have an ex who works at BoyzBoyzBoyz and he has a slew of ladies that take care of him and he is well taken care of.  He is straight and rarely goes with guys anymore.  However, he messages me often and we meet often and he still asks if he can move back in and stay with me and he prefers me to take care of him than the ladies. Part is money but part is also the respect he is given. But, female competition is not something I have worried about anywhere.

Oz I think my situation is similar to yours.  I hang out in Twilight almost nightly and know many of the boys.   I never have to want for someone to sit with.  In the end they know the women might be there for a night or two, but I’ll be there for months.  Women tend to go into the gogo’s and bars early. But when long time regular guys come in, they find their way over to us. 

• Members
1 hour ago, TotallyOz said:

I am not bothered by the women. I know what I like and if they are free that night, great. If not, easy to move on. I never liked the gay NYC clubs exclusion of women either. But, I love to hang with ladies and I don't mind the competition. I also think this is where the locals have a bit of leverage. When I lived in Pattaya and was in the bars nightly, I got all the attention and was a known quantity. Even ladies didn't get preference over me. 

I have an ex who works at BoyzBoyzBoyz and he has a slew of ladies that take care of him and he is well taken care of.  He is straight and rarely goes with guys anymore.  However, he messages me often and we meet often and he still asks if he can move back in and stay with me and he prefers me to take care of him than the ladies. Part is money but part is also the respect he is given. But, female competition is not something I have worried about anywhere.

I welcome women in all aspects of my life, including sometimes my bed. I enjoy their company in every single place in the Universe.

But in the strippers club, ABSOLUTELY NOT!

9Js9.gif

• Members
7 hours ago, paulsf said:

I haven’t found it nearly as bad in Bangkok as some people report. Maybe I’m just lucky.   More often than not a few females with their boyfriends.  At Jupiter and Moonlight, many of the boys onstage are straight and they are encouraging the women sitting up front to maybe get a bit involved.  I can easily ignor them and just concentrate on what I came for. 

Are the women foreign? If so mostly Western, or Chinese/Japanese?Or are they local rich Thai women?

Also are they in small groups? Or mostly on their own?

Just curious. If they are American, @Latbear4blk could recruit them in his campaign against Sesta/fosta. 

Women alone tend to be Chinese and have a lot of money.  Most of the other Asian women are with boyfriends.  Especially on weekends , Thai girls will come in because their boyfriends  work there and they just hang out.  I don’t know if I’ve ever seen an American woman or even a Western woman in the gogo’s.  South Korean and Japanese couples will sit in the front rows . Boyfriends will call boys onstage to come over and get a little personal with their girlfriends.   

• Members
On 7/20/2018 at 7:54 PM, zazzu said:

I hadn't returned to Jupiter in years but just went on my last trip.   I think a lot of the guys there are straight too, so they seemed to cater more to the women.  I'm not that interested in going back.  

For information purposes, I am quite sure that almost all of the boys at all of the bars are straight or, at most, bi.  This is a money thing for them.

to me this Woman in the strip clubs in Bangkok/Pattaya is getting blown way out of proportion by the typical few that like to complain about everything in forums.  When guys post about women in clubs they never say how many.   I have been to Jupiter many times. Rarely is there more than 4 or 5 and they are with boyfriends.  There aren’t raging bachelorette parties going on.    You will see more on weekends.

Sometimes Dreamboys will have more than a few because they cater to Chinese tour groups.   If I hang out 7 nights, you won’t see any women 5 nights.    I get it, some guys just don’t want any women around.  But these same guys that are complaining aren’t spending enough money to sustain these places.  And yes, many of the boys are straight or bi, so they encourage the women.    They are mostly going for the shows, so only there for an hour or so.  They rarely off a boy.   Mostly have a couple drinks, watch the show and they head out.   

• Members

I have to say that I find some inaccuracy in planetime's post.  Especially where he refers to Jupiter.  It is very often inhabited by far too many women.  Someone else said that this is probably exacerbated by it's location on Soi 4 where some women show up at both Telephone Pub and Balcony Bar.

I’ll stand by my post . It’s based on my personal experiences of more than 20 visits.   Jupiter and Dreamboys will draw more women than the other gogo’s.  Also everybody posts “to many women “.  What is to many.  I have friends that don’t want any. But  2 or 3 to much? Or is 10 to many?  This is a subject that has no absolute answer. 

• Members

I, too, have visited the boy bars many times in the last 15-18 years.  I've been to Bangkok pretty much every year in the last ten.  While my business certainly doesn't sustain them, I am a repeat customer, which has a definite value.  And when I say repeat customer, I hire pretty much every night I'm there from one bar or another.  If I don't hire, it's because I can't find someone my type or they're not into what I'm looking for.  

As for many of the guys being straight, I think it depends on the bar.  Jupiter seems to have the highest concentration of straight guys, but I will admit that's based on a limited number of visits.  The gogo bars like Dreamboys, Fresh Boys, Hot Male, etc. have more gay guys (but certainly a lot of straight too).  And of course, our perceptions may depend on what we're looking for.  If you're looking for tops, you may notice the straight guys more.  I am into bottoms so I prefer to hire guys who are more likely to be gay (or bi).  I have hired a few straight guys who were "less than thrilled," so to speak, to bottom for me, and with varying levels of success, I might add.  That's one reason I tend to zone in on the "gayer" guys.

I am one of those people who prefers not to have women in the gogo bars.  I do understand the business reasons behind allowing them in, of course, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.  My reasoning is I'm trying to partake in the seedier side of (gay) life.  While I'm not concerned with strangers judging me, especially females, I find it annoying when straight females shoehorn their way into what I feel is "my turf," if that makes any sense.  I'm there to enjoy some quality time with naked or almost naked guys.  IMHO, it is less enjoyable with women (even just one or two) sitting 5 feet away.  Again, I under$tand why, but I'm not a fan...