numazu

My Fourth Time in Brazil - Sao Paulo, Santos, Rio de Janeiro

• Members

Oh, I don't know. Do you really need our encouragement these days, after all the love we have given to your threads?                                                                                 Okay, yes, keep going.

• Members
9 hours ago, numazu1 said:

Day 0: The Setup

So I can’t claim the term “newbie” anymore, as this would be my fourth trip to Brazil in 10 months. I do feel that I am not an expert yet, compared to some of you here. But I have gotten over my initial hang-ups with Brazil (dangerous, language barrier, samba overkill) and can honestly say that I am thoroughly comfortable with visiting the country and mixing it up with the locals.

To clarify my three hang ups above: dangerous – I still think it is still pretty  fucking dangerous, but one can manage the risks when one gets there; language barrier – Portuguese is still a difficult language to learn for me, but I am getting along faster than I thought I would at this stage; samba overkill – this has changed, it is now “funk” overkill, like what reggeaton is to Colombia.

This trip was different from the three other Brazil trips I’ve had so far. Those other trips were planned well in advance, with fares bought many months beforehand, and hotels and AirBNBs booked before the good options were snatched away. This trip was spontaneous in comparison. Because of all the fun that was had on the previous trip, I just had to book the next trip as soon as I got home, and only 3 weeks before the actual start of the next trip. My usual preparation:

1. The journey, not the arrival, matters

As one would expect, booking less than a month away from the start of the trip yielded far less trip deals ($1000 to $1500 RT) from California.  So I buckled down and did a hybrid booking on two separate tickets: I cashed in 25,000 Avios points on my British Airways account from Miami to Sao Paulo on LATAM, and another 25,000 Avios points from Sao Paulo back to Miami, this time on American. And then I paid $350 for a roundtrip from California to get to Miami on American to hop on these Brazil flights. Since these bookings are separate tickets, there was always a danger of missing and losing flights if my first flight from and back to California was delayed. But $350 and 50,000 points were better than $1000 at this point.

2. Show me your friends and I’ll show you your future

If you remember last trip, Diego, the garoto de programa who left me and my friends in a sauna for actual paying customers:

After the trip I gave him the last 500 reals he needed for him to be able to leave his pimp, and he promised to stay with me (us) on my next trip. After I booked my flights, I confirmed with Diego, and Diego then asked me to buy him his tickets from Rio to Sao Paulo. $88 later, he was set,  ready to stay in Sao Paulo with me (us) for 5 nights.

As for other companions, Leo, the hairdresser extraordinaire, will be available to hang out with me again. He said he is contracted to work on a TV show the majority of the time I will be there, but will hang out when he can. Alex, Leo’s cousin who is a programmer, said he would be available for the whole time I am there, but will have to see if he can get time off.

Hanging out with friends during a sex tourist trip is tricky. On the one hand having local friends can be advantageous with finding out where to go that’s beyond the tourist traps, help with the local language (though I’d rather learn the language too and having friends who speak for you is kind of a double edged sword), and filling out the time in between sauna trips (beaches! Nighclubs! Random orgies!). But traveling with friends meant having to get a consensus on what to do together. Which is like herding cats sometimes.

3. The sky’s the limit if you have a roof over your head

With the flights reserved, there was the question of lodging. With my stay in Sao Paulo, I had options. Leo and Alexandre offered their homes up. Leo lived at a house near Guarulhos with his mother and pets. Alex lives in Tatuape, which is situated somewhat in between Guarulhos and Ave Paulista, so it was closer to the action. I tell them to decide for me with whom I’d stay.

As we all talked about my week-long stay in Brazil, we determined that staying in Sao Paulo the whole time would be boring. Since Diego was flying back to Rio on Day 6, Alex and I thought that it would be good to also go to Rio the same day (same flight) to spend a few days there (sem Diego of course). So I booked an AirBNB in the middle of Ipanema and Copa (near Aproador), with a sofabed so Alex can stay there as well. AirBNB’s of a certain caliber (24 hour security, full kitchen, washer with gym and pool access) are still less than $50 a night, so not too bad. I paid for the AirBNB, as a thank you to Alex for letting me stay in his house.

4. Variety is the spice of life

Finally, as much fun as my newfound friends were, I needed to mix it up. I wanted to see the other people I’ve met in Brasil in the past. So I enlisted the services of Thiago, my find in Belo Horizonte:

When he has a break in studies, he tries to take the bus to either Rio or SP to work at the saunas there. While he has had a steady stable of customers in BH, he goes to the bigger cities at times if he needs more money and to mix it up. He stays with friends while in RJ or SP, and charges a little bit more for his programas than he would in the smaller and cheaper Belo Horizonte.

He happened to be in Rio the same week I would be. So after my stay with Alex in Rio, I offered to fly Thiago to Sao Paulo from Rio to stay with me for my last night in Brazil this trip. He would take the bus from SP to BH from there in time to be home for his classes the next day. Our terms were simple: he won’t charge me anything to stay with me, in return he would be able to work at Lagoa, the sauna in Sao Paulo, at the same time I was in the sauna hiring boys. Seems like the perfect scenario to me: having someone available during all non-sauna hours, and during sauna hours, having the same person earn money while with me, while I sample for Brazilians. A win-win.

No time for Gabriel this trip. I have moved on.

So next up, the nightlife in Sao Paulo with Diego, Leo and Alex.

Continue or no?

Is thiago about 6'2, full of muscles and tattoos?

• Members

I chose not to quote what you "penned" or word processed but just wanted to say that from your previous feedback-- many of us cordially requested that you continue with your sharing of your experiences while in Brasil. 

And, as I've written previously, you write very well and need not question.  It's been highly interesting and, hell yes, LITERATE! [:)]

• Members
5 hours ago, numazu1 said:

Not sure if its the same boy but...

Yes he is tall, yes he is muscular, and he has some tattoos, but not full of tattoos. He also doesn't want anyone knowing he is a GP. More on this later, when I write about him.

Haha. Well it's still nice to get the temperature of the room. My trip reports are too long, too detailed, and too rambling even for me. Thanks for the more than ample encouragement. 

Some of you, privately, took umbrage with the fact that I wrote these three words, signifying that I was starving for attention. My intention was to footnote every “Day 0: Setup” post with this “Continue or no?” question, as more of a flourish or rhetorical question that it is a call for votes to see if I am popular or not. It’s always nice to get feedback, but that’s not the main reason why I write my drivel.

I write about my adventures primarily because I enjoy writing, and it helps me to take stock of what just happened, especially because these Brazil trips are always super intense and always somewhat life changing. Every. Single. Trip. Traveling alone is a sort of punishment you give yourself. You willingly thrust yourself at the mercy of strangers, in a strange land, with strange customs, and sleeping in a strange bed, eating strange food, and speaking a strange language. But it does change you, always, for the better, because, as the saying goes, “adversity builds character.”

So guys, for the few who are reading, I hope you enjoy the trip report! 

I hope they were just teasing.  For some who are impecunious or physically unable to travel, it is an important source of vicarious living.  As for me, I'm saving up to visit this strange paradise.  Thank you for your inspiring stories.

15 hours ago, Johnatan41 said:

Why do you think it is still fucking dangerous as mentioned in the beginning.of your bery good report? I consider going back to brasil but i hesitate because of security, mainly in rio. Did you feel confortable with thw boys?

I've never been with a boy that gave me a reason to fear for my life. And the boys that step out with me out of the sauna and with me in my apartment bed have been all wonderful and trustworthy.

BUT, it is always good to know what is out there.  I won't link to the various news clips that have been posted here showing that crime is still rampant, and getting worse. Whenever we go by a sketchy area, usually going by a favela, even when we were in the safety of a moving car, my companions always warn me of going to these favelas. When we leave Ipanema and start walking back to our AirBNB, which is usually just blocks away, I am always told to mind my things and just look straight ahead and look like I belonged. All my friends have stories of being mugged, either in the Metro in Sao Paulo or the Novo Rio bus terminal, or even just walking home.

It is easy to manage the risks, and by all means come because the good throughly outweighs the bad, but just be mindful that there are some risks to going to Brazil. Take the necessary precautions and have fun! It's worth it, I promise.

9 hours ago, Tartegogo said:

No, it is 14. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_consent_in_Brazil

Unless the boy was paid (in which case it is prostitution, which is legal from 18 only), nobody broke the law. 

The boy wasn't paid, so maybe it wasn't illegal. I did show this wiki page to my friends and they were either ignorant of their own laws, or the wiki is wrong, because they insisted it is illegal. Maybe it is legal, though drinking for minors may be illegal, because this sign was at Quiosque Point G when the boy was with us. The boy may or may not be drinking alcohol (whoops). I may have took a photo of the boy drinking right next to the sign. I may have deleted it lol.

6196E687-C06A-4D6D-AC26-6E2A49124C77.thumb.JPG.f02e16f19d97351a468a04da01d41fa7.JPG

8 hours ago, pauleiro said:

Nice report. This Russian is indeed gorgeous ! 

4 hours ago, axiom2001 said:

...a very thunderous DITTO!!!!  :):):)

I have been thinking a lot about this Russian, and some of you have already given me some information about him. Please let me know if you know him! I want to know him too LOL.

Thanks for all the wonderful feedback so far! 

Edited by numazu

• Members
4 hours ago, numazu1 said:

The boy wasn't paid, so maybe it wasn't illegal. I did show this wiki page to my friends and they were either ignorant of their own laws, or the wiki is wrong, because they insisted it is illegal.

https://www.economist.com/the-americas/2012/04/07/the-wrong-signal

http://chartsbin.com/view/03a

https://metro.co.uk/2015/02/19/shocking-map-shows-how-age-of-sexual-consent-varies-around-the-world-5070140/

https://www.ageofconsent.net/world/brazil

https://pt.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idade_de_consentimento

No Brasil, a idade de consentimento para o sexo, em geral, é de 14 anos, conforme o novo artigo 217-A do código penal, modificado pela lei nº 12.015/2009, artigo 3º.”

Here is the article of law mentioned here above, on the government web site:

http://www.planalto.gov.br/ccivil_03/_Ato2007-2010/2009/Lei/L12015.htm#art3

Did someone successfully played a prank on all these respectable organisations and made them publish blatantly incorrect information, or is it more likely that your friends are too influenced by Hollywood series and movies, and believe the law is just like in California?

The drinking though, yeah, that is a problem. Whoever paid for his drinks has very likely broken the law. So has the bar staff who didn’t check his id. But that is probably a minor infraction, nothing like statutory rape, which is what you were worried about at first. 

Edited by Tartegogo

• Members
8 hours ago, Tartegogo said:

Did someone successfully played a prank on all these respectable organisations and made them publish blatantly incorrect information, or is it more likely that your friends are too influenced by Hollywood series and movies, and believe the law is just like in California?

qCbR9GF.jpg