GoldMember

BKK Test n Go

22 hours ago, CurtisD said:

Sheraton Grande, Le Meridian, Peninsula, Manderin Oriental.

Banyan Tree have offered me car and test. 4-6 hours results back for Day 1 test. 

Does anybody know if I am allowed to bring a few lateral flow tests with me in my luggage? If so, I will order a few before I fly out and take them with me. 

• Members

For anyone looking for a less expensive option, I used The Quarter Silom hotel on Soi Tarntawan for my Test & Go hotel last month.  The package was 3,899 baht inclusive of the room, a PCR test with results in a 6 hour window, a private car from the airport, and breakfast.  I booked it through Agoda.

52 minutes ago, GoldMember said:

This Pass received about 12 hours after I submitted it.

Now just have to wait 20 days :)

that waiting when everything is set up already is worst part of any trip  but you will have fun and Bangkok to yourself to  a degree. With Tawan and Moonlight opened even more fun than those of us who were in December

I'm arriving near midnight, and notice some of the hospitals have 24 hour testing drive throughs, not sure about others. Bumrungrad, for instance, does clarify that you can get the tests before noon. Given the comment above about BNH testing speed, I'm a little concerned I'd end up losing a day in the hotel.

Rather stay in Silom, but that seems less likely. I'd also rather not spend a lot on my room, since I want to save that money for... other things.

Any advice? I've tried googling express PCR testing, and not gotten much. If I knew which hotels used which hospitals, I could at least know which ones I could make express tests.

Advice ?

1. The location of the quarantine hotel is not critical.  So if a hotel in a different location offers a clearly better service, go for it.  ie  Treat location as a low priority.

2. Losing a second night would be most unfortunate, so spend some time on research to make sure that doesn't happen.  Read the quarantine hotel thread here, possibly check the Thailand opening group on Facebook and having made a shortlist of hotels,e-mail them to ask.  Possibly shortlist hotels with good reviews from ASQ customers on Agoda etc.

3 If there is any doubt about the test timing, make sure you will only get billed for one night.   That means they are incentivised to negotiate quick test turnaround.   Whereas, if you might have to pay for a second night, they don't have much incentive to be quick.

• Members
2 hours ago, caeron said:

I'm arriving near midnight, and notice some of the hospitals have 24 hour testing drive throughs, not sure about others. Bumrungrad, for instance, does clarify that you can get the tests before noon. Given the comment above about BNH testing speed, I'm a little concerned I'd end up losing a day in the hotel.

Rather stay in Silom, but that seems less likely. I'd also rather not spend a lot on my room, since I want to save that money for... other things.

Any advice? I've tried googling express PCR testing, and not gotten much. If I knew which hotels used which hospitals, I could at least know which ones I could make express tests.

Last month I stayed at The Quarter Silom for Test & Go.  I arrived at five minutes after midnight.  Private car drove me to a drive through testing site at the Paolo Hospital in Saphan Kwai.  The results were available when I woke up in the morning.  I was at the hotel about 1:15 AM, drinking a cold Singha beer.

They advertised a 6 hour test window at the time I booked the hotel package.  Only 3,899 for room, test, car, and breakfast.  Hard to beat that price.  But do check, it may be different now.  I booked through Agoda.

39 minutes ago, daydreamer said:

Last month I stayed at The Quarter Silom for Test & Go.  I arrived at five minutes after midnight.  Private car drove me to a drive through testing site at the Paolo Hospital in Saphan Kwai.  The results were available when I woke up in the morning.  I was at the hotel about 1:15 AM, drinking a cold Singha beer.

They advertised a 6 hour test window at the time I booked the hotel package.  Only 3,899 for room, test, car, and breakfast.  Hard to beat that price.  But do check, it may be different now.  I booked through Agoda.

Thanks for the tip. They were remarkably unhelpful when I reached out to them directly, but I'll ask them what hospital they're using.

5 hours ago, caeron said:

I also preferred first night at Silom area but all the direct mails I wrote to hotels there ended up with a dead end.

If you want a cheaper option, just for the 1st night, another nice hotel I found with a RT-PCR speedy test was Pullman KingPower. I think It was 2500 BHT cheaper than the option I posted here. https://www.pullmanbangkokkingpower.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/53/2022/01/Test-and-Go-27.1.2022.pdf

18 minutes ago, GoldMember said:

Just to finish this tale, here was my experience today. 

15:11 Airplane wheels touch ground. 

16:17 Rapid PCR drive thru at MedPark hospital.

17:41 Call from front desk - negative result. 

Giant Hyatt Erawan as you planned ?

So fun starts already !!!

Hi all,

I'm planning to travel to Bangkok on the 28th of March.

The only issue is I recently contracted the virus on Thursday the 10th of March.

I'm concerned that my PCR test will still come back positive.

I see that I'm able to still fly in with a medical certificate stating that they have subsequently recovered from COVID-19, and it has been more than 14 days since the first day of infection, but not more than 3 months.

I'm wondering if anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks all for your help!

M

Special screening for Omicron 2 variant?

One Thai health officials seems to be laboring under the belief that the Omicron 2 variant hasn't yet reached the Kingdom. He wants to single out arrivals from Hong Kong and Britain for additional screening. With the sandbox, quarantine and test-and-go schemes in place for months now, I find it difficult to believe that the Omicron 2 variant hasn't already become well established in Thailand, as well as in most other countries whose visitors are welcomed. The official also appears to contradict himself (see below).

From The Nation

In his Blockdit post on Saturday, Chalermchai said Omicron BA.2.2 is severely impacting Hong Kong where weekly average Covid-19 infections have soared to 5,425 per million people, compared to 315 per million in Thailand.

"Meanwhile Hong Kong's seven-day death rate from Covid-19 is 30 per million people, compared to 0.85 in Thailand," he said.

"Apart from Omicron BA.2.2, the rise in Hong Kong's Covid-19 cases may be due to the low number of vaccinated people as well."

Chalermchai also confirmed that Omicron BA.2.2 has not yet been discovered in Thailand.

He emphasised that Omicron, which is the dominant strain in Thailand, is spreading four times faster than Delta and has mutated into three subvariants: BA.1, BA.2 and BA.3.

He said BA.1 and BA.2 have been discovered in Thailand while the number of patients infected with BA.2 is likely to increase rapidly.

Virus mutations commonly occur in areas where a lot of Covid-19 infections are found, he added.

The countries that detect these strains are those with the most active sequencing programmes.

The UK has sequenced & shared over 11% of cases, compared with Thailand which has sequenced and shared 0.5%.    So if someone has the new sub-variant, it's most unlikely to be detected until it's spread to a large number of people.

https://www.gisaid.org/submission-tracker-global/

1 hour ago, orson said:

Hi, I am trying to book a sha++ hotel in agoda that will include the day 1 pcr as well as the airport transport. But I ended up only with the room. Is there a step that I am missing here? 

Try this link:  https://www.agoda.com/quarantinethhttps://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwiZqZ6S-c_2AhWl6O0KHQ27B8YYABABGgJkZw&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAESWuD2-8_o48xktmNpz8oCWPM9AP7wAuhtwHED7JwV8zxLZ_qj1Bd9dnJRqh42Tj46TQvQVPUEXPxurO3a3Sx2qwtzDECQm6WeeBMrL7Bt1kT6YdNY9j4I9ojDiQ&sig=AOD64_1p6e_tVBGwO3VQI7KpEwNoxKVvpg&q&adurl&ved=2ahUKEwiKjpWS-c_2AhWUNcAKHU7cBAUQ0Qx6BAgnEAEhttps://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwiZqZ6S-c_2AhWl6O0KHQ27B8YYABABGgJkZw&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAESWuD2-8_o48xktmNpz8oCWPM9AP7wAuhtwHED7JwV8zxLZ_qj1Bd9dnJRqh42Tj46TQvQVPUEXPxurO3a3Sx2qwtzDECQm6WeeBMrL7Bt1kT6YdNY9j4I9ojDiQ&sig=AOD64_1p6e_tVBGwO3VQI7KpEwNoxKVvpg&q&adurl&ved=2ahUKEwiKjpWS-c_2AhWUNcAKHU7cBAUQ0Qx6BAgnEAEhttps://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwiZqZ6S-c_2AhWl6O0KHQ27B8YYABABGgJkZw&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAESWuD2-8_o48xktmNpz8oCWPM9AP7wAuhtwHED7JwV8zxLZ_qj1Bd9dnJRqh42Tj46TQvQVPUEXPxurO3a3Sx2qwtzDECQm6WeeBMrL7Bt1kT6YdNY9j4I9ojDiQ&sig=AOD64_1p6e_tVBGwO3VQI7KpEwNoxKVvpg&q&adurl&ved=2ahUKEwiKjpWS-c_2AhWUNcAKHU7cBAUQ0Qx6BAgnEAE

If that fails, or they change the link, Google:  ASQ hotels Bangkok

After you enter your dates and do a search, it should come up with results that clearly include transport from the airport, a PCR test and perhaps 3 meals.

Almost every hotel, bar, cafe restaurant etc will have the SHA designation. So search ASQ instead.

2119564964_agoda-Kopie.thumb.jpg.65cc8feb61fe3420e5f48ecfc8318e32.jpg

If you search for Bangkok in Agoda, you will probably be asked if you are searching for "Thailand Entry" hotels. If you say yes, the filter "Entry to Thailand" will be set to "Thailand Pass hotels", which is exactly what you need.
In the search results check for "1 RT-PCR test" and "Airport pick up".
The filter works also with Pattaya.
Also use "1 adult" in search to avoid confusion if "1 RT-PCR-test" is for 1 person or one for each person (at least in The Quarter Silom price is double as high if you search for 2 adults).

Agoda has many listings but don't get fooled by some of the ridiculously low prices that turn out to be too good to be true.

The Quarter Silom initially showed baht 746 for Test and Go package. But when I clicked on "select your room" it showed an additional baht 3,532 in taxes and fees.

image.thumb.png.dc53cfe19ff5d26d3c7b374c297196b5.png