Vessey

Winner Boys Pattaya Re-Opening 1st June

Cockpit was the first go go bar I ever visited (1995),  and  was where I offed my first Thai guy. As previously explained on another thread, the sex wasn't all that successful....but it was the start of a long career- not yet ended, thank heavens- of enjoying the company of Thais.

It employed forty or fifty guys, more to my taste than those in the equally-successful  BBB across the soi. They actually danced! Yes, really. No standers, no foot-shifters! I loved the atmosphere and, over the next few years until the owner sold-up, I was a regular.

Don't get me started on how wonderful Boyztown was in the Golden Age or I won't stop.

Boyztown was full. You'd struggle to get a seat in BB on Saturday nights. At Panorama, seats in the front three or so rows were invariably full by the early evening. 

There was an air of vibrancy, movement and  excitement quite different to anything visible in the last fifteen years plus.

The number of dancers was staggering. BB invariably had up to one hundred. Cockpit forty plus. Toyboys thirty or so.

Many punters plus many guys equals vibrant. Or for those of us lucky enough to be there, the Golden Age. Those times have passed.

Nevertheless, I still travel there enthusiastically three times a year...well, to  Jomtien/Pattaya. And there are many aspects that are better than in those days....restaurants, for example, travel to the airport, a real bug bear in the Golden Age. And the growth of jomtien and improvements to Pattaya's beach. And I forgot, the apps for those who get bored in the afternoons.

Read Michael Burchill's book.

Yes, I meant to add to my description of the Golden Age that I was twenty-five years younger. And had just taken early retirement to spend more time in Thailand.

Whatever it was in Pattaya, it was certainly my Golden Age....though, thank heavens, after nine years, I unexpectedly met someone there who provided a new, if different one.

19 hours ago, vinapu said:

it's always in the past.

Wait till 2030 and you will hear 2024 , that was a year!!! Cheap  drinks and off fees  at 500, and long time tips paltry 3000-5000. And nobody will mention that baht was 36/ USD in 2024 , not 136 as now

Very true Vinapu

Your a man who doesn't live in the past so to speak,but unfortunately sometimes I still do.

Many a time I have walked through Sunee Plaza and memories of the past and I feel sad .

But here's to the future ,well what's left of it anyway 

I should have 15 to 20 left ... hopefully 

56 minutes ago, vinapu said:

don't be so sure, plan for long run

Nah .. ..I will have a good time whilst I can...."grow old disgracefully" I say.

No use leaving  money I worked hard for in my Will ....I'm spending it now !! 

5 hours ago, kokopelli3 said:

The Anniversary Party at Winner Bar attracted many Farang and Thais plus a great abundance of tasty food. The go-go dancers mixed with the customers and entertained them with their distinctive  attire at the outdoor premises. Some customers did eventually wander to the interior to further chat and drink with the dancers. A successful party for all.

Did you write this? Reads like something that would be written on Gay Utopia 20 years ago. 😀 

Are there any pictures of the festivities?

7 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

Nah .. ..I will have a good time whilst I can...."grow old disgracefully" I say.

No use leaving  money I worked hard for in my Will ....I'm spending it now !! 

leave some so you have a bit for nurse in nursing home so she will hose you down with warmer water than others,  penniless

7 hours ago, iendo said:

Did you write this? Reads like something that would be written on Gay Utopia 20 years ago. 😀 

Are there any pictures of the festivities?

No I did not write this I typed it using the keyboard on my laptop. There were many pictures taken by farang of the Thai dancers in their skimpy attire. I did take two photos but do not have permission from those involved to post them..

As a long standing devotee of Winner I would have definitely attended the Party. The vision of near naked boys, tasty food, lower priced drinks and a good attendance of fellow gay tourists and expats, all reliving the glory days of Sunee 20 years ago. Hope the business is still there for my next trip

I wonder if the customer with the red wig and walking stick attended?

He must be on his last legs by now ,I'm going back 20 years ago and he looked 80 then 

Surely not 

On 4/9/2024 at 10:42 AM, vinapu said:

it's always in the past.

Wait till 2030 and you will hear 2024 , that was a year!!! Cheap  drinks and off fees  at 500, and long time tips paltry 3000-5000. And nobody will mention that baht was 36/ USD in 2024 , not 136 as now

"Reminiscences of the past are best avoided and what is required is a quick look and a quiet turn away."

John Mortimer, Rumpole of the Bailey

9 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

I wonder if the customer with the red wig and walking stick attended?

He must be on his last legs by now ,I'm going back 20 years ago and he looked 80 then 

Surely not 

Unfortunately the gentleman you refer to was unable to attend the party although he most often does visit Winner Bar once a week after a dinner party he  routinely hosts at a nearby restaurant.

3 hours ago, kokopelli3 said:

Unfortunately the gentleman you refer to was unable to attend the party although he most often does visit Winner Bar once a week after a dinner party he  routinely hosts at a nearby restaurant.

Well good on him.

He is enjoying life 😁 

You'd think though , he would invite me & Vinapu  to the dinner parties !!!😮

1 hour ago, Olddaddy said:

Well good on him.

He is enjoying life 😁 

Have you still  not learned how to enjoy your life?

I'm sure you're envious of this really old guy. But I doubt he'd invite you to his parties. "Find your own fun and interests" is the response he'd give to you.

Several months ago you were thinking of opening a business in Thailand because you thought you'd get bored otherwise in retirement. You admitted to having no hobbies except going to the gym/Muy Thai. You can't do either of those all day long every day. 

I think you'd likely be bored anywhere. And you would probably not want to take the initiative (like this guy does) to create your own activities and interests. Cheap sex can't be everything.

5 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

Well good on him.

He is enjoying life 😁 

I know who you talking about but I doubt he knows about my existence as I'm extremely rare visitor in Sunee and never was. On another hand I never saw him in Boyztown.

4 hours ago, vinapu said:

I know who you talking about but I doubt he knows about my existence as I'm extremely rare visitor in Sunee and never was. On another hand I never saw him in Boyztown.

Don't take things so seriously my friend