Boy69

Silence in Pattaya forum very sad

From what i have read in these columns, Boyztown is showing a few signs of some life, Sunee remains all but dead, the beach entertainment died years ago and I cannot imagine yet another beer bar opening in Jomtien Complex is going to arouse much interest.

Interesting that two other chat sites which are much more Pattaya-centric have also seen a major drop in posting traffic recently. 

On 5/5/2023 at 5:26 AM, PeterRS said:

From what i have read in these columns, Boyztown is showing a few signs of some life, Sunee remains all but dead, the beach entertainment died years ago and I cannot imagine yet another beer bar opening in Jomtien Complex is going to arouse much interest.

Interesting that two other chat sites which are much more Pattaya-centric have also seen a major drop in posting traffic recently. 

I assume Pattaya gay scene is fading away because gay tourism to Thailand is falling for years and the COVID-19 was the final nail in the coffin. 

On 5/5/2023 at 3:43 AM, vinapu said:

I guess when you stopped reporting so did others, no ?

Yes that's true I find nowadays South America more suitable for my needs then Thailand.

3 minutes ago, Boy69 said:

Yes that's true I find nowadays South America more suitable for my needs then Thailand.

but you are still missing Thailand, it's why you are so concerned about fading scene and lack of reports, no?

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

but you are still missing Thailand, it's why you are so concerned about fading scene and lack of reports, no?

Yes and no. Yes - I miss the old days when Sunnee and Boyz Town were packed with customers and boys I miss the fucking and nudity shows at Patpong and liberal free ambiance in general , Nowadays Thailand is less appealing to me it's more expensive,the conservative government is enforcing too many restrictions and Pattaya isn't sex heaven as it used to be. 

On 5/5/2023 at 12:55 AM, Boy69 said:

Where is the old days when members reported about new bars opening in Pattaya,  exiting visits at the bars and adventurous with the local boys...

Is Pattaya gay scene dead ?

🥺

I guess this coming into a new generation, most of the older ones have died off or don't go to Thailand.

The new generation I believe look for free sex off the apps more than hire money boys ,I could be wrong but that was my perception when I was in Thailand last year.

1 hour ago, Olddaddy said:

I guess this coming into a new generation, most of the older ones have died off or don't go to Thailand.

The new generation I believe look for free sex off the apps more than hire money boys ,I could be wrong but that was my perception when I was in Thailand last year.

Yes that's could be good explanation but that's not explaining why the bars scene is fading you still can enjoy good time at the bars and taking money boys from the apps.

What I noticed last year was many young Singaporean & Malaysian guys ( with partners) in the gay areas ,fit looking ,maybe professional types 

Are they interested in sitting at bars with old men or are they into rave parties & nightclubs 

I doubt they hire money boys.

To tell you the truth I saw most beer  bars full in jomtien on my last visit with a mixed crowd including those new age young professional types with a mix of elderly farangs .

I'm not sure why your saying that bars aren't busy 

Is it as busy as 2004?, No absolutely not,sunee was pumping ,BUT it was the case if closeted old men seeking out the illegal younger boys at that time and things have thankfully changed !!!

A lot of them would have died off plus the tough  laws and society attitude to this has changed 

But having said that ,this gay generation particularly young Asian professionals,on what I have seen ,seem to be more into rave parties ,nightclubs ,dance parties etc rather than going to small bars with host boys.

A few of this young professional Asian generation seem to have some sort of thing against older farangs hiring money boys 

I think hiring money boys is looked down at from this younger professional gay crowd