Just a short comment about my departure this morning from Swampy on way to the delights of Siem Reap. I was flying Bangkok Airlines, whom I think are impressive. Their website knocks spots off BA. Checked in on line, so went in search of fast lane, on account of being over 70. It's sort of where it was before,  at the extreme right hand edge, but now concealed by a blue fence. Once you negotiate this, and, I'm glad to say, staff refused several pax, the security line was ok, 7-8 mins. Passports 5 mins, officers, no machines. All in all not bad.  You then pass the area where the great unwashed are in line, looked horrendous!!

Although in economy, it's an all economy flight, I thought I'd try the Bangkok Airways lounge. No-one there, at the entrance, so I made myself comfortable. Subsequently,I was checked on, they made polite noises, which I reciprocated, without moving, and Thai politeness meant I could stay! Flight arrived early. My neighbour on the Siem Reap flight had come from London to Bangkok via Emirates, cattle class, and she was not happy. Landed Bangkok 6pm, bags delivered 8pm! More in Cambodia thread

I like Bangkok Air too. The only problem I have with them is that they seem to have regular data breaches. Within a few years I was informed already twice about a data breach. The first one also included credit card data. The other one was just very recently.

Or maybe they are the only airline who report about data breaches and the other airlines don't ?

1 hour ago, 10tazione said:

I like Bangkok Air too. The only problem I have with them is that they seem to have regular data breaches. Within a few years I was informed already twice about a data breach. The first one also included credit card data. The other one was just very recently.

Or maybe they are the only airline who report about data breaches and the other airlines don't ?

Could be! BA had a massive one not long ago!

For domestic flights I use only Bangkok Airways first because they fly from Suvarnabhumi airport whereas most others flying inconveniently from Don Muang, Secondly because they have excellent and reliable service. They are bit expensive than the other airlines but it's worth the extra.

1 hour ago, Boy69 said:

For domestic flights I use only Bangkok Airways first because they fly from Suvarnabhumi airport whereas most others flying inconveniently from Don Muang, Secondly because they have excellent and reliable service. They are bit expensive than the other airlines but it's worth the extra.

Now with red trains I don't think Don Muang is that inconvenient

Suvarnabhumi (Golden Land) was the grandiose name of PM Thaksin's vanity airport project. Unlike the well-chosen site of Don Muang (City Hill - the clue is in the name!), Suvarnabhumi was built on an area known as Nong Nguhao (Cobra Swamp). Hence the nickname.