pauleiro

Check your bill in Pointe 202 in Copa !

• Members

Frequently the owner's son is working at reception. I was there recently multiple times over Carnival and didn't have any issues. They are generally pretty good about letting you review your charges. I find that at 117 they generally present you with a total amount--followed by an eye roll or look of frustration if you ask to see the breakdown. As I mentioned in another thread I was over charged 3/3 nights at Lagoa in SP--so always review your bill!

2 hours ago, asdsrfr said:

Frequently the owner's son is working at reception. I was there recently multiple times over Carnival and didn't have any issues. They are generally pretty good about letting you review your charges. I find that at 117 they generally present you with a total amount--followed by an eye roll or look of frustration if you ask to see the breakdown. As I mentioned in another thread I was over charged 3/3 nights at Lagoa in SP--so always review your bill!

agree, 117 receptionist has pretty bad attitude

8 hours ago, babybear2 said:

agree, 117 receptionist has pretty bad attitude

I don't let him bother me, I always want to see the bill, especially at these saunas.... if I'm with a friend that's buying a lot of drinks, I keep track on whatsapp with him of everything ordered....when the waiters/bartenders see gringos ordering a lot, they figure they won't notice a few more drinks and tack some on....I'm like an IRS audit at checkout matching my list with theirs.....about 75% of the time there are "errors".

• Members
On 2/20/2024 at 5:37 PM, 12is12 said:

Another idea: send emails or txts to the owner, alerting him to his deteriorating reputation.

Make sure you thank him for having attentively noticed your consumption rate, sending floor staff over to you making sure you didn’t need that extra bebida or a microwaved frozen pizza. Allegedly. Then encourage him to bring in talent that inspires one to cover multiple sequential cabin lets and added refreshments for hires.

But, sure, a brothel trade broker gets into the business for the precision of merchandise tallying and the associated reputation of it. 😉

If you’re nice and polite about checking the tab, like we typically do at restaurants, etc, perhaps it really doesn’t matter what ‘tude we perceive with often a queue behind us. 

I agree - I always check the bill both at 117 and at Pointe.

There has been maybe only one or two occasions at 117 when the bill was incorrect - but I quickly got that it's a habit at Pointe. In the past few years, it got so bad that I started laughing correcting the bill every bloody time - every night at Pointe there would be extra drinks or extra items (the receptionist would bring one of the bar staff and the item/s would get removed - but it just happened almost every time).

It got slightly better when Junior's son started to man the reception, and he's also very friendly - however, even with him some games continue. Once, I saw a charge for a suite on a free suite night on Weds - Junior's son told me, "oh you had a nicer suite, they are not free". Those who've ever been to any Rio sauna, be it 117 or Pointe, know that no single suite there is any nice. After a bit of an argument, that paid suite became free as it should be.

On another night, there was a "cleaning fee" - again, Junior's son claimed this was added to the bill by a cleaning lady - and there was nothing untoward in the suite apart from your usual cum on the sheets. That cleaning fee stayed. I didn't get any extra drinks on the bills recently though - but even though I like Pointe and I want them to succeed, this is the only sauna in Brazil I'm constantly disputing my bills with. With their attendance clearly dropping in the past 2 years and them ceding even more ground to 117, I fear this is the very wrong strategy on their part.

• Members

So I went to Pointe 202 tonight... had a jack daniels and soda on bill which i didn't drink...Junior's son was on reception, he called the 2 barman out to reception but they spoke Portugese so not sure what was said but sensed the barman denied adding extra charges.  Junior's son removed the extra 2 items from the bill.  They prob need to replace the barman if they are the ones adding extra charges.  

• Members
On 2/22/2024 at 10:48 PM, ShivRoy said:

Once, I saw a charge for a suite on a free suite night on Weds - Junior's son told me, "oh you had a nicer suite, they are not free". Those who've ever been to any Rio sauna, be it 117 or Pointe, know that no single suite there is any nice. After a bit of an argument, that paid suite became free as it should be.

FYI:

There is at least one suite at 202 that is never free on free nights. I believe it is suite 7, and it is considered the comparably nicer suite at Point. So, yes, Junior’s son at the front desk was correct and he was not conning you or playing games with you.

A good idea is to make sure that the garoto does not book the room for you. Often, on a busier night (like free cabin night), in the interest of time, they will just request whatever room is available. Or if the garoto does book the room for you, insist that it’s only the free suite that will be accepted no matter what becomes available. 

I am not aware of any similar rooms at Club 117 that are not free on free cabin nights.