roughjock

In Progress Trip Report (April 2024)

It's customary to tip a boy who has sat with you in a bar. Amount is normally dependent on length of time he spends with you but expected minimum is 100 bht in addition to any drink you brought him. Mamasan tipped only if they provide useful service to you.

Recommend again that you read prior trip reports and discussions about tipping. You'll learn much about like situations above and how to successfully navigate them.

8 minutes ago, reader said:

It's customary to tip a boy who has sat with you in a bar. Amount is normally dependent on length of time he spends with you but minimum always 100 bht in addition to any drink you brought him.

Recommend again that you read prior trip reports and discussions about tipping. Yo';ll learn much about like situations above and how to successfully navigate them.

That is good to know. I have never tipped a boy who sat with me, but the only other time they were offed by me anyway, and tipped prior to sitting with me, so perhaps that's why they didn't ask. I did tip the mamasan when I went in to Jupiter knowing who I wanted, but that's because I wanted to be seen favourably by them so I got what I wanted.

I will definitely tip next time.

15 minutes ago, roughjock said:

That is good to know. I have never tipped a boy who sat with me, but the only other time they were offed by me anyway, and tipped prior to sitting with me, so perhaps that's why they didn't ask. I did tip the mamasan when I went in to Jupiter knowing who I wanted, but that's because I wanted to be seen favourably by them so I got what I wanted.

I will definitely tip next time.

If you are offing the boys who seats with you, then a tip is not needed. But if u are sending him off without an off, after sitting with you for a while, yes, it is customary to tip. 100 baht is enough. 

I rarely tip mamasan unless he is helpful. Usually, this means his service leads to me offing a boy, LT. Pushy mamasan gets nothing from me.

On 4/9/2024 at 8:28 AM, vinapu said:

I, for one,  take consolation in fact that Troy is older than me, 555 ( ha, ha, ha).

As for communication with boys fortunately rarely we discuss with them merits of Thailand adopting riel as currency or Thai politics  during II World War so it's fairly easy. They more or less know what we want and we more or less know whet they expect in exchange.

What I found handy to break the ice is to take some interest in  them. Even if language barrier prevents us from asking  what city they are from or do they have siblings etc I always try to point on something they are  wearing ( shoes, watch, t-shirt , tattoo) and thump it up showing I pay attention to them , not only their bulge.

It may even pay in some benefit, when I asked  boy from now defunct New Twilight what simple tattoo on his chest means ( names of his parents ) he proclaimed " ok, long time ok ' even if declined idea just two sips of cola before.

Agree, they are human beings, after all!

3 hours ago, roughjock said:

This encounter soured me on the entire industry in Thailand. 

I've been known to say this over and over here...

Thailand= Amazing food - Great Business class flights from US- Great hotels at decent rates- Amazing massage- Maybe some ok sex, if lucky

Brasil= Great steak restaurants (otherwise meh) - So so hotels- Hardly any decent massages- Fucking Amazing sex, especially if you're a size queen- Fun guys

Now I'll add in Colombia, going back next month, although not as organized or inexpensive  as Brasil, had some big dicks and great sex, Medellin had some great international restaurants, Bogota had an acceptable Asian place that served some decent Thai dishes.... Bogota has more hotel options than Medellin, only 1 guy massaged me and was strong!

Colombia doesn't feel as commercial/transactional as Thailand/Brasil....Same as I've said about Indonesia, you're not seeing the guy go with other customers in front of your face, and the guys seemed to really want to have sex, not the "it's a job" or "another day at work" feeling.

@roughjock where are you from btw?

12 minutes ago, floridarob said:

I'm from Canada but I'll be travelling internationally for the next 2 years.

My experiences in Bogota and Medellin last year were this: Atrocious food, awful street vendors, okay hotels, life-changing sex.

Nearly everyone on offer is a top, with a fantastic build and an enormous cock. Enormous. I had the absolute best sex of my life there. Drilled for a continuous 2 hours by a 24cm guy with an incredible body and the sweetest personality. They are so much fun, comfortable and they ENJOY THE SEX TOO. $40 USD. The selection is endless and 90% are above 20cm. No bar systems. Nothing off limits. No haggling for every single act. 

I will say inviting a guest back to your place is much more difficult there though, with them having to scan the ID of everyone who comes and goes. Some hotels even charged extra occupancy fees- ha!

I would be there right now if tickets from SE Asia weren't absolutely ridiculous.

• Members
2 hours ago, floridarob said:

I've been known to say this over and over here...

Thailand= Amazing food - Great Business class flights from US- Great hotels at decent rates- Amazing massage- Maybe some ok sex, if lucky

Brasil= Great steak restaurants (otherwise meh) - So so hotels- Hardly any decent massages- Fucking Amazing sex, especially if you're a size queen- Fun guys

Now I'll add in Colombia, going back next month, although not as organized or inexpensive  as Brasil, had some big dicks and great sex, Medellin had some great international restaurants, Bogota had an acceptable Asian place that served some decent Thai dishes.... Bogota has more hotel options than Medellin, only 1 guy massaged me and was strong!

Colombia doesn't feel as commercial/transactional as Thailand/Brasil....Same as I've said about Indonesia, you're not seeing the guy go with other customers in front of your face, and the guys seemed to really want to have sex, not the "it's a job" or "another day at work" feeling.

I disagree on your assessment on Colombia's affordability. Paid sex may be slightly more expensive than in Brazil, but overall prices (food, lodging, living in general) are lower. Particularly if you are traveling from the US, the shorter flight added to the local low prices make Colombia much cheaper than Brazil.

6 hours ago, roughjock said:

I will never return to Screwboys again, and I will be more hesitant to ever hire a Vietnamese model.

Will this string of disappointment come to an end? At this rate, the bars aren't for me. I'm glad if they work for you, but I'm not a human ATM. I'll go for the shows and that's it. This encounter soured me on the entire industry in Thailand. 

But, of course, as you know... you say a lot in anger...

I've had the odd experience like this as well roughjock - in different places - but don't let it totally put you off. I went to screwboys for the first time last year and had great experience with a Viet that I met there.

1 hour ago, Latbear4blk said:

but overall prices (food, lodging, living in general) are lower.

Prices of Alcohol drinks in restaurants is NY rates in Rosales and Poblado....Hotels were more expensive than what I find in Brasil.

I noticed a difference in prices since last there about 1.5 yrs ago.....

4 hours ago, roughjock said:

Atrocious food,

Was my experience my first few times, I was with a friend that LOVES restaurants..... we ate at some really, really good restaurants , not Colombian food, their cuisine is meh.

10 hours ago, roughjock said:

I take out my wallet, ready to negotiate based on what I received. 

I'm not a human ATM. This encounter soured me on the entire industry in Thailand. 

I believe the key to success when hiring anywhere is to confidently know the local market.... and then to finalize a firmly agreed upon price for an exact expectation of performance... before you both decide to walk out of the venue.

5 hours ago, JackR said:

I've had the odd experience like this as well roughjock - in different places - but don't let it totally put you off. I went to screwboys for the first time last year and had great experience with a Viet that I met there.

I'm writing all these reports and making a lot of mistakes, but keep in mind these all occurred before I even posted the first experience here. I've learned so much from this forum, thank you. 

Knowing how to navigate the system, what's expected and the range of tips is going to improve my next experience immensely, I think. We'll find out tonight.

13 minutes ago, roughjock said:

I've arrived a little early. I order a Coke Zero.

The mamasan approaches me before the show begins and asks which one I'd like. I find this a little off-putting,......

I'm always amazed that people can drink that  like gin was never invented

It's mamasan.s job to be pushy so learn to ignore them or tell them you like the girls, they will not believe you but get a subtle  f...off message

in Moonlight there are two categories of guys, models and floor boys. Floor boys are those who usually sport numbers indicating they are available. Of fee 500. Some floor boys are better looking than some models IMNSHO

Models have their own parade and are introduced by the name , off fee 1000. Tip expected may be steep 

Since you like both Jupiter and Moonlight you may be interested to know that Moonlight is in old Jupiter's location before they moved to soi 4.

This is a remarkable trip report - very thankful for that. A good reassurance of my position to visit the bars - if at all - only for their 'shows' but not for having reliable services following an off. Looking forward to reading your latest experiences with massage parlours which are for me better value-for-money (at least if you do not really seek a professional massage...)

Also it is good to hear that you enjoy Moonlight and Jupiter. Since I am rather looking for vers/bottom guys I assume that Moonlight and Jupiter are still not the place to go for me but happy to hear anything to the contrary from the audience :)

On 4/11/2024 at 9:40 AM, vinapu said:

Skill of navigating system comes only with experience and training yourself with help of what you learn here on forum.

Yes, exactly. I'm quickly learning the venues and what I prefer. So far, I would go to Moonlight and Jupiter for their shows and if I like a boy, I'd merely buy him a drink. I will not off anyone from a bar again. This should make my bar spending approximately 1500 THB with the entrance fee (& drink), boy's drink and tips. I get eye candy from the show and a bit more of a personal connection with whoever I sit with. Much better than the 5000-6000 THB I've been spending for mediocre, if not flat out bad, sexual encounters. 

Sometimes we lose head in heat of the moment and ignore warning signals, sometimes we see them but still feel like acting fair by keeping our side of bargain , usually to regret it later. 

For me one of those is when boy or mamasan marketing him seem to be too eager or too pushy.

I've learned this with personal encounters too. If they are pushy or want to meet immediately, it's because they want you to make a decision that you'd probably not make with some further thought. 15000 THB later and I'm wiser, 555!

You seem to be surprised  by advice that you should tip boy sitting with you if you bought him a drink already. Out of that drink he may get 20-50 baht , in few bars only as much as 100. In meantime you are holding him beside, scaring of other prospective customers. It's why you should tip him, at least  to compensate for possible loss of earnings.

This makes a lot of sense. Thank you. I guess I will just adjust my tip according to how the encounter goes. On your phone, less. Engaging, more.

On 4/11/2024 at 10:01 AM, vinapu said:

Models have their own parade and are introduced by the name , off fee 1000. Tip expected may be steep 

Ah! Yes, the rotating stage boys had numbers. The "models" at the end were introduced by name, and there was even a section where you could come and tip them on stage. Off-fee of 1000 THB isn't bad considering their looks, but that tip seems a little scary... what does it usually go for? I've been paying 5000 THB for bad experiences so hopefully not much more than that, and I hope it's not additional fees for everything afterward!

13 hours ago, Flying_Angel said:

This is a remarkable trip report - very thankful for that. Looking forward to reading your latest experiences with massage parlours which are for me better value-for-money (at least if you do not really seek a professional massage...)

Also it is good to hear that you enjoy Moonlight and Jupiter. Since I am rather looking for vers/bottom guys I assume that Moonlight and Jupiter are still not the place to go for me but happy to hear anything to the contrary from the audience :)

Thank you so much! I agree. Massage parlours are now my preferred too. You can chose the boy and the fees are a lot more reasonable. I do not like happy endings, but I'm sure with massage boys, you can negotiate what they will do. They seem a lot more charming too.

I wouldn't expect a lot of them to be bottoms. Maybe 1 or 2? I think a majority are straight. 

1 hour ago, roughjock said:

I guess I will just adjust my tip according to how the encounter goes. On your phone, less. Engaging, more.

Ah! Yes, the rotating stage boys had numbers. The "models" at the end were introduced by name, and there was even a section where you could come and tip them on stage. Off-fee of 1000 THB isn't bad considering their looks, but that tip seems a little scary... what does it usually go for? I've been paying 5000 THB for bad experiences so hopefully not much more than that

Thank you so much! I agree. Massage parlours are now my preferred too. You can chose the boy and the fees are a lot more reasonable. I do not like happy endings, but I'm sure with massage boys, you can negotiate what they will do.

I wouldn't expect a lot of them to be bottoms. Maybe 1 or 2? I think a majority are straight. 

this is exactly  how you should tip, according to level satisfaction and attention he lavishes on you. I'm not to shy to tell boy "leave that phone alone' either in bar or in the room and trained quite  few of then to ask if they want to check something on the screen or answer call.

don't be afraid to send boy tip free if you buy him a drink and he will leave you to talk to somebody else. It happens rarely but it does  and it's assholish behavior IMNSHO. On another hand watch those who gulp drink fast and are asking for another one, " I have one , you have one" is my answer  

count on 5000-7000 short time tip, try negotiate less if you feel like but haggling usually spoils experience , but for that money I'd secure up front time 2-3 hrs so they wont leave you after first drop of what you know what 

I agree with your assessment of massage venues and their boys, only inconvenience is that  their usual time limitation 1 or 1.5 hr in case you like boy and want to spent more time with him. On course you can work out with boys what they do, in many places you will be informed up front. When booking at Jey they will tell you outright is he is top, bottom or vers and his tip level for 1 or 1.5 hr

don't have any preconceived notions as who does what, gay or straight. Personal charm and money , in any order and blend proportion are making miracles.

When one of  my forum friends told me certain super macho guy bottomed for him I thought " yeah, sure , he doesn't let even touch his butt without cringe, whom you are kidding ?' but said nothing and wisely. Next trip I offed guy  in question and he confessed that he did bottom for some guy and shock to himself , he liked it . I assume  he had my friend in mind but who knows if he came to liking it ?

I think I already reported , in January my semi-regular who is very averse to kissing as soon as he entered room planted THE KISS on me , I almost fainted. He said  "it's my New Year gift to you ".

If they are pushy or want to meet immediately, it's because they want you to make a decision that you'd probably not make with some further thought. 15000 THB later and I'm wiser, 555!

treat it as reasonable tuition fee, glad you caught on 555 already

Massage parlours are now my preferred too. You can chose the boy and the fees are a lot more reasonable. I do not like happy endings, but I'm sure with massage boys, you can negotiate what they will do. They seem a lot more charming too.

Although I may attend an occasional show, massage shops are my venues of choice. I enjoy a much wider selection and the cost is always reasonable.

Yes, the majority are straight but don't read too much into that. Remember you're in SE Asia now and not Idaho. Many will surprise you--as they have me--with how affectionate they can be.

And I wouldn't rule out finding them in Soi Six, Surawong or Saphan Kwai shops as well as some of the high-end ones elsewhere. It's an equal opportunity profession.

Good luck!

50 minutes ago, Foolish said:

A question, are the bars in silom opened until later for songkran or is it still regular hours?

I’ve noticed at least one venue (Moonlight) has an extra show EARLIER in the night.

I’ve always seen the parties here go until 4:00 AM or 6:00 AM if you are invited to the right places. I wouldn’t want much later than that!

Sauna parties usually start at 8:00 PM, although R3 and Sauna Mania are owned by the same group so they stagger their parties so there’s a chance to attend both.

I believe those are all my experiences so far, except for returning to S'sense for another massage with Bank. It went much the same. That man is wonderful.

I do have a visit to R3 Sauna and a visit to KRUBB that I can detail, if anyone wants. It would basically just be lurid erotica, nothing really else to detail.

I also had a non-paid hook-up with a 23cm Thai/Cambodian guy, but that's even more lurid as he was in to strong fetishes. 

I will explore more after Songkran, as I'm planning to visit The Price Spa, Arena and take a few days to visit Pattaya. I got some muscle recommendations there, although it seems to be on the lighter side (for my wallet too, luckily.) I still plan to off a Tawan guy, but I'll do that in the middle of the week when I'm not up against a sea of gays flooding the streets of Silom.