jdp103

Second Visit

Well I’m back.   After making my first trip to Bangkok in November 2022, I am going back in July.  I’ve booked the Raya again.  This will be a relaxing break for me.   I plan to spend afternoons getting massages and hit the shows/bars at night.  I think I can handle the BTS, this time I may try the MRT. 

I want to revisit the Grand Palace, and this time I want to take one of the fast boats on the river.   I may hire a guide from Siam again as that was fun and informative last time.

I’d also like to try some different places for dinner.   Any recommendations? 

Can’t wait!

32 minutes ago, jdp103 said:

I’ve booked the Raya again. 

Suggest you stay elsewhere. The building site on old Soi Twilight is working noisily from 07.00 to 19.00 so if you are unlucky enough to get a room on that side of the building (60% chance from memory) then you will not be getting much sleep

The Wine Connection in ground floor of Silom Complex is one of my favorites for its great salads and pizzas. It's the only place where you can select any bottle from their attached wine shop and bring it to your table without a corkage charge. For burgers, the Roadhouse Barbecue at Rama 4 and Surawong. For Thai, no need to go any further than Foodland on Patpong 2.

On 5/9/2024 at 12:06 AM, Londoner said:

We like Balcony (Soi 4) for traditional Thai food. Well-priced and good for people watching.

And some attractive  waiters!

1 minute ago, Keithambrose said:

And some attractive  waiters!

I found the customers more attractive,I met some wonderful guys there 

A colonel sanders guy from KFC came to me and asked me if I needed help ,maybe he was the owner?

I met a Taiwanese guy too 

Just now, Olddaddy said:

A colonel sanders guy from KFC came to me and asked me if I needed help ,maybe he was the owner?

I didn't know that Vinapu was back in Bangkok!

And Mango Tree! Right next to all of the action, delicious food and great people watching (I might have a crush on the owner/ manager)....

11 am massage at Prime, then Mango Tree, then more massage after lunch.... have to order carefully so I'm not too full for massage!

On 5/11/2024 at 1:00 AM, Olddaddy said:

Nobody in the management team is KFC.
Bar owned by a team of the 4 longest serving Thai staff (25 years -ish.).
Manager Tae (birthday today) very tall and friendly Thai
Bar Manager is Nui.. also v. friendly and helpful.
Also one farang partner BUT hardly the type to offer to assist you.
The staff are very friendly and will somehow fit you into the terrace however full it seems.

On 5/9/2024 at 4:30 AM, Daddy415 said:

We had two great dinners at EAT ME... gay owned of course and $$$ but not insane depending how you order. Lovely welcoming staff. Reservations a must. Everyone in there was gay I think haha.

I really recommend this one too. Not for the low budget traveller.

It is on walking distance from The Raya.