Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gay Thailand

This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.

  1. Guest shockdevil
    Started by Guest shockdevil,

    Boys Boys Boys - Pattaya At the recommendation of a friend, I visited Boyz Boyz Boyz in Pattaya last night (March 14, 2011) and quite disappointed in the 22:00 performance. We arrived around 21:35 and the place was deserted except a few boys on stage and some staff scattered about the venue. I was told that there was a very hot guy that would be headlining the show that evening and figured I

    • 18 replies
    • 7.3k views
  2. Guest Astrrro
    Started by Guest Astrrro,

    Famous Bar, Soi VC, is having a Songkran Party starting 14::00 on Tuesday, April 19th. This is the craziest day of the year in Pattaya and Famous will be one of the few Sunee Bars that's open! In the afternoon the ladyboys will all be wearing bikinis. Splash Cherry or get splashed by Kung! Play water with the Famous Girlz! See them driping wet! Will the water cause their sausages to shrivel? Only one way to find out, get your fat white ass to Famous! Lita mentioned there will be a Flower theme. Thinking back on it I'm not sure if she means Flower or Flour as on Songkran people are smearing white pasty stuff on each other. Get some of the ladyboy's white …

    • 1 reply
    • 1.5k views
  3. Guest anonone
    Started by Guest anonone,

    In the hope of starting a tradition, I am once again jotting down a few thoughts from a recent visit. I really appreciate hearing of the happenings in the Pattaya area when I am stuck in the doldrums of home, so I once again take to the task to share my thoughts with others. To begin with the mundane, Immigration upon late evening arrival once easy. Walked right up to the desk and was through in about a minute. Awesome. On this visit, I elected to stay again in the Sunee Plaza area. Last visit, I stayed in Jomtien and found it just not as convenient. In my opinion, the value in the Sunee area combined with the location is just ideal. A quick 5 minute walk to…

    • 3 replies
    • 1.4k views
  4. Maybe this is of interest to some-certainly not all. In another, general forum there was a question : Looking for cheap-budget hotels under 800 THB near BTS in BKK, which got ample replies. And even without the usual sneers or other nasty remarks from the regulars, that seem to caracterise that forum. At least a dozen were mentioned in many parts of BKK, notably also the SapanKwai area. The site is www.thaivisa.com, then go to thailand travel and find it. Now on this specific forum many will immediately ask: Is this hotel gay-friendly? That is a nonsense question in Thailand. What you should ask is: Do they allow prostitutes? It really does not matter if your friend for…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.6k views
  5. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    I have put two topics under one heading because they have a number of common issues. I raise it because there is a new blog about gay Thailand and other gay Asian matters

    • 16 replies
    • 6.3k views
  6. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    I happen to like Bangkok’s subway, despite the introduction of those ghastly TV screens. It’s a smooth ride, efficient and fast. Perhaps the fact that my nearest mass transit station is on the subway system helps, as I can walk there (just) if the weather is not too hot or too wet. It’s rarely as crowded as the Skytrain at peak hours. And the route network just happens to go to more of the places I usually want to go. Yet, despite projected revenue growth of 8-10% over the next 2 years, the subway is going to remain in the red, at least until the Purple Line starts operations. This will run from Bang Sue to Bang Yai and bring in more commuters from the outskirts of th…

    • 7 replies
    • 2.2k views
  7. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Here’s another “it makes no sense to me” issue. Thailand is in the process of bidding to host the 2020 World EXPO. Yesterday the cabinet approved the Deputy Prime Minister’s proposal to nominate Ayutthaya as the World EXPO site. Ayutthaya will therefore compete with many better-known cities such as Sao Paolo, Guangzhou, Copenhagen, Ankara, Cape Town and Dubai. The United States will propose a multi-city approach and Brisbane is also a key contender. http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/230322/ayutthaya-to-be-nominated-as-world-expo-site 36.99 million visitors? I'm curious. Why, I wonder 36.99? Why not 37? Or even 36.5? Does it make the number seem more credible…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.3k views
  8. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    A new

    • 2 replies
    • 1.9k views
  9. Guest reckx
    Started by Guest reckx,

    Hi all, Would like some advice about where would be a great place for a first time gay experience. I am a 42 years old hetero caucasian. It is a long time I am thinking about this adventure and want to dare it next weekend. Got few very good gay friends but I am to shy to ask them, feel like I could never look at them again. Almost happend once but stop after a good exciting massage and few touches. I was thinking about a massage place, it would make me relaxing a bit and it should normally arouse me as well. Better also to have a gentle nice guy who knows how to drive a firt timer but with a bit of dominative spirit just in case I need help. Who knows, if he mig…

    • 5 replies
    • 1.7k views
  10. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    No, not Shakespeare this time! It’s an appeal from a teacher for more students to attend the Mahapajapati Buddhist College. Seems the country’s first and only college for Buddhist nuns has suffered a “discouraging setback” with only 20 prospective students applying for the coming academic year. The teacher, Thanyamas Netenoi, said this represents only 10% of the college’s capacity. http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/230158/interest-falls-in-nun-enrolments It’s not only funding and sex-discrimiation that seems to be the problem, even though fees are only Bt. 360 per month, and free for students who participate in 80% of the College’s chanting ceremonies. Perha…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.3k views
  11. Is no one following the news on this? Those of us outside Thailand at the moment would appreciate some updates from members with easier access to domestic news sources.

    • 3 replies
    • 2.5k views
  12. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    WIth Songkran coming up, I am curious what others do about tips for staff in condos. In mine, there are 2 regular security guards, a receptionist and a technician and his assistant. The security guards are particularly helpful in getting taxis, but all the staff are extremely good at their jobs. When I moved here, a friend recommended giving Bt. 3,000 to the head security guard and a smaller amount to the other, Bt. 1,500 to the receptionist and head technician, and a few hundred to the assistant. One of my neighbours gives roughly the same amounts. I realise that there are lots of different types of condo in different locations which would merit different amounts. But do…

    • 2 replies
    • 2k views
  13. Guest Eros
    Started by Guest Eros,

    You are invited to waiter Peter birthday party Wednesday March 30. Free food, birthday cake, 8.30 PM to 1 AM Happy Boys Bar, Soi Yensabay. http://www.happyboysbar.com/new/english/event.html

    • 2 replies
    • 1.4k views
  14. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    I have been considering whether or not to write this post for a couple of days. I am finally doing so in the hope that it will stimulate thought perhaps more than any in-depth discussion. I just believe it is a topic which should be aired. At the week-end, a farang friend and I had an enjoyable Italian dinner after which we went to a couple of bars, both of which we have visited from time to time. In one, which I shall not name, we noticed a go-go boy who has been with the bar for many months, if not more than a year. He has always been a fem-type, slim, tallish and with a lovely smile. We soon realised that he had dropped quite a few kilos since our previous visit. I…

    • 14 replies
    • 3.2k views
  15. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Surely this is unbelievable! The Nation today has an article headed "Suvarnabhumi named fifth best airport." Well, when you look more closely, you find the sub-editor who wrote that headline had not checked all the facts, and - unsurprisingly - it is misleading because it is only partially true! What it goes on to say is - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/444248-suvarnabhumi-named-fifth-best-airport/ What? Where is Singapore's Changi? Where is Seoul's Incheon? Both are routinely voted in the top 3 or 4 in the world. And who ever heard of Dallas being in the top five of any international airport poll? Ever tried transiting between international flights in …

    • 43 replies
    • 7.6k views
  16. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Who would have thought it? Thailand has decided six submarines are required as being essential to the defence of the nation. Submarines? Can they really be effective in the shallow waters of the Gulf of Thailand? Which country would possibly wish to invade Thailand from the sea? As the Bangkok Post somewhat obviously points out in en editorial today, “seaborne invasions are outdated!” Yet, what the navy wants, the navy will get (especially in an election year ). Six used German submarines that were built in the 1960s for service during the Cold War and Germany no longer wants will soon patrol our shores to keep the enemy at bay. The cost? A mere Bt. 7.7 billon! …

    • 4 replies
    • 1.9k views
  17. Started by pong,

    With this I mean the general news-like the heads in a newspaper and the like. And if you do-and if you mainly live out of Land Of Smiles and visit is merely-how do you follow it? Which sites or other sources? And more specific about gay news-do you follow that more closely? But what is the interest in what seems mostly to be a change of ownership or open/close of yet another massageshop or gogobar? Just sweet memories?

    • 7 replies
    • 2.7k views
  18. Guest Steve1903
    Started by Guest Steve1903,

    Hi all, After years of abstinance from holidays of any kind I have it in my head to ship out to Thailand for a while. Can someone help with the logistics of doing so? For instance, I can hardly remember but does the tourist visa last 90 days? Is it simply a case of renewing it locally when the time comes and is it pretty much automatically renewed or....what? Any advice on where to stay. Money won't be freeflowing so whats the best bet to keep costs down on accommodation. Local knowledge of places frequently available at a reasonable price (while not being in the middle of nowhere) would be appreciated. Anyone who has been on a long stay think of anything I m…

    • 35 replies
    • 7.9k views
  19. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Well, not only does he consider foreign observers for the General Election “inappropriate”, Deputy Prime Minister Suthep added yesterday http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/SEAsia/Story/STIStory_648749.html No doubt Mr. Suthep is concerned less at ensuring the fairness of what will probably be the most corrupt election on the country’s history, this is the official who, let’s not forget, was heavily involved in a major land corruption scandal in 1995, was accused in 2009 of violating the Constitution by holding equity in a media firm that had received concessions from the government, and whose family is one of the handful which controls the palm oil busine…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.6k views
  20. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Finally, the Civil Court has ruled that 13 leaders of the Yellow Shirt movement must pay Bt. 522 million in damages for the closure of Bangkok's 2 airports in late 2008. The 13 include one of the Yellow Shirt leaders, Major General Chamlong. http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/228591/pad-ordered-to-pay-b522m-to-aot I'm taking bets now that that fine will not be paid

    • 0 replies
    • 1.2k views
  21. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    The Graham cracker was originally marketed as "Dr. Graham's Honey Biskets" (Reverend Sylvester Graham: July 5, 1794 – September 11, 1851) and was conceived of as a health food as part of the Graham Diet, a regimen to suppress what he considered unhealthy carnal urges, the source of many maladies according to Graham. Reverend Graham would often lecture about the adverse effects of masturbation or "self-abuse" as it was commonly called at the time. One of his many theories was that one could curb one's sexual appetite by eating bland foods. Another man who held this belief was Dr. John Harvey Kellogg, the inventor of the Corn Flakes cereal. (Source: wikipedia) Take …

    • 2 replies
    • 1.5k views
  22. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    A little amusement. Try this one. http://www.quizyourprofile.com/guessyournumber.swf

    • 3 replies
    • 1.5k views
  23. Guest anonone
    Started by Guest anonone,

    I was catching up on some recorded television shows yesterday. One of the shows was glee, of which I watched 2 episodes. For those outside of US, or just not familiar, glee is an hour long comedy which features a cast of high school "losers" that are members of a glee club. It is popular, averaging about 11 million viewers weekly. It has gone as high as 26 million viewers for the post Super Bowl episode. Each episode features numerous song and dance routines, which bodes well for future audiences at the Pattaya show bars It can be great campy fun. I have admired the show for portrayal of gay characters and issues in a refreshingly honest light. Not white…

    • 13 replies
    • 3.7k views
  24. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Once again the media - this time the Pattaya Daily News - has headlined another police crackdown. The reason - Fair enough! But the punishments? In other words, after that brief hiatus, the girls are all back on the beach. Another BIB publicity stunt that will do little in helping the "reputation" of Pattaya.

    • 1 reply
    • 1.6k views
  25. Guest anonone
    Started by Guest anonone,

    The recent thread extolling the virtues of Hero Massage in Bangkok has peaked my interest in trying out a couple massage places during my visit to Pattaya at the end of the month. When I have been to Bangkok (couple years ago), I took advantage of the massage places available and had a great time at several. I am now staying in Pattaya for all my Thailand trips, but I have not been to any "full service" massage places there. I occasionally do the beach massage thing, which is nice after finding and sticking with a guy that knows what he is doing. I once ducked into a random store front place that had a very cute guy beckoning for business. It was not full se…

    • 13 replies
    • 14.3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.