Gay Thailand
This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.
Subforums
11,067 topics in this forum
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE-EyKodD60
-
The Thai media is full of news of the new round of street protests being staged in Bangkok by – the Yellow Shirts, known as the PAD (People’s Alliance for Democracy)! I guess we have got so used to the Red Shirt demonstrations we’d kind of forgotten about the Yellows, that mob which got away with closing the country’s airports and effectively bringing down two Prime Ministers. The main reason for the new round of protests is the disastrous border incursion over the Preah Vihear Temple controversy which ended up with two members of the PAD’s extremist nationalist wing, the Patriots Network (TNP), in a Cambodian jail. The Bangkok Post has an interesting comment tod…
-
- 6 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
I went inside the new Restaurant / Bar that was once occupied by Villa Rouge and the FAMOUS Kaos! The place is fantastic. They have done a great job on the place. It reminds me of when Gary took over the Corner Bar and the entire Soi livened up. This is the same kind of great job that these guys did on it. It is comfortable, clean and fabulously decorated. I decided to try it for dinner and I had the Shepard's Pie and my friend a Spaghetti dish. They were both tasty and good. The place is off to a great start IMHO. Sunee Plaza is changing and places like this are great to see. Please stop by and support this bar, the Corner Bar and Yaya. They are all i…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
A friend invited me to go to the Burapa Bike weekend in Pattaya. Thousands if not tens of thousands of bikes were gathered for the largest bike event in Thailand. The theme this year was cowboys and Indians. It was an amazing 2 day event! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGwjs8h-LaE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xSmBnEj-5U Above are some videos I took. Also attached one image a sexy Indian guy as well as my favorite bike of the day!
-
- 0 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
I am looking at a plan in the USA through Blue Cross / Blue Shield for a friend. I found the below which I want to be sure I understand fully. Does this mean that is MRI is 1,000,000 (I know high) then the insured is responsible for 200,000? Imaging and diagnostic tests (such as an X-ray, MRI, EKG) 20percent coinsurance (no out of pocket max)
-
TAKE CARE!! has recently received a number of requests from friends wanting to know more about our activities. To acknowledge these requests, in addition to our web site <www.takecarepattaya.com>, we have decided to publish a monthly newsletter which will include, initially, the following sections: -- ACTIVITIES (of the previous month) -- FINANCES -- UPCOMING ACTIVITIES The TAKE CARE!! Monthly Newsletter will be sent by email during the first days of each month as a Microsoft WORD attachment. If you would like to be added to the mailing list being developed for those receiving the Newsletter, please send an email to our email address <takecarepattaya@ho…
-
I hear it pronounced with an L but the most I see in writing is with an R. If there were going to be a article in a magazine and I spelled it falang, for example, would most understand this? Would it be considered incorrect?
-
- 31 replies
- 6.8k views
-
-
I miss reading your commentary and looking at your posted photos. Hope you come back soon!
-
As some of you may know I have been working on a project for a couple of years dealing with starting a bicycle ride across Thailand that will benefit gay charities. The goal of the ride is to raise money for charities in Thailand. I want the money raised to go to worthwhile gay charities. I know there are many good charities in Thailand that are beneficial to the gay community as well as the larger community. What I'm looking for, is a list of charities that are directly related to helping gay and lesbian people in the community. Basically, what I'm looking for is to sponsor a bicycle ride where riders will be able to donate money to different charities across Thaila…
-
- 5 replies
- 2k views
-
-
Though most Apple fanatics in Thailand already have their hands on the iPad thanks to the widely known "gray market" or overseas shopping trips, as of today the popular tablet is now officially on sale in Apple stores nationwide. So what if the iPad is only hitting Apple shelves here eight months after it was first launched in the United States. It's the perfect gift to surprise dad with on Father's Day this Sunday. Prices for the iPad are as follows: iPad with WiFi: 16GB -- Bt15,900, 32GB
-
- 15 replies
- 3.7k views
-
-
Don't forget tonight.... All of Me Bar (formerly WunderBar) in Sunee Plaza, has scheduled its Grand Opening Celebration on Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 9 pm until closing. The bar will also celebrate the birthday of co-owner, Boy. The night will feature free food and live entertainment. (Posted by PattayaGayAffairs)
-
- 4 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
Thanks to Bao Bao's blog, (blog) I just realised there's a 50,000 baht limit on undeclared currency imports. That's quite a small sum! I wonder if anyone has experience of the process for declaring cash imports and the corresponding limits? Does one just walk through the red channel, fill in a simple form & carry on within minutes?
-
can any one tell me the cost of a beer in funny boys bar in boys town?. I was tell a friend that i thought it was about 160bht but i may me wrong
-
Anyone visiting Bangkok should consider spending an hour at the amazing Arts of the Kingdom Exhibition at the Ananta Samakhom Throne Hall off U-Thong Nai Road. Some of the exhibits are exquisite, especially those crafted in gold, almost as though they were spun from silk. One is the Suphannabhetra, a gorgeous ship of gold nielloware. Others are replicas of royal thrones and barges, and perfectly lovely screens. Entry is Bt. 150. The Exhibition opened at the time of the King’s birthday in 2007. It proved so popular that it was decided to make it a permanent one. I bought some excellent cards they have on sale in the large gift shop, but forgot to scan them before sendi…
-
- 1 reply
- 1.5k views
-
-
On Sunday February 6, Khun lek turns 22 and invites everyone to help him celebrate. Free food, Balloons and Birthday cake from 8.30 pm until 1 AM Soi Yensabai, Pattaya http://www.happyboysbar.com/new/boys/lek.html http://www.happyboysbar.com/new/
-
At TOPS supermarket in Silom Complex yesterday, I noticed that customers are limited to one bag of sugar. It's not that long ago that there was another sugar crisis here. I have also noticed that the price of good quality bread has increased by around 8%. Anyone watching any of the business programmes on TV is aware that all commodity prices have been skyrocketing. According to the UN's Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO), world food prices rose to a record high in January. I notice that corn futures have virtually doubled in price in the last 10 months. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12354402 No doubt all this is one reason for the consumer price i…
-
This has nothing to do with Thailand nor even being gay. But I found this clip when checking the Victor Borge You Tube vdo I posted on another thread, and I think it is hilarious. As a child, I remember Danny Kaye and his audio recording of a very funny piece called
-
- 6 replies
- 2.2k views
-
-
First I thought Thai people (not all but many) were stupid because they will just stand in the center an isle at a store or in the middle of a sidewalk while others have to squeeze around them. Then, for a while, I thought that I was wrong. But after living here for 4 years and observing the situation I am convinced that I am correct and they do this. What do you think? If you think that my observation is correct, why do you suppose they do this?
-
- 14 replies
- 3.6k views
-
-
The sight of grossly obese young men in loin cloths and funny hair-dos is not likely to attract the interest of even Tawan Bar regulars, the more so when all they do is spend a few seconds charging like bulls at each other until one hits the deck – oops, the dohyo, a square of clay that has been specially built and blessed by priests prior to every tournament. This, after all, is not part of the gay world. It’s Japan’s national sport, sumo wrestling. For tens of millions of Japanese and countless more recent fans around the world, sumo, with its religious undertones, is indeed more like a mixture of religion and entertainment, its stars as popular and as widely written-a…
-
I was in a gogo bar that I spent at least 7k baht every month and when I walked in last night and the music was OK so I entered and bought a drink. I enjoyed the guys on stage for a bit. Then all of the sudden, the music started blaring so loud that one could not hear someone next to them. I politely asked the waiter to turn it down. No luck. I then asked the mamasan. No luck. I got my bill and left. I told the owner on the way out how loud it was and most falangs don't like it that loud. It seemed to go inside one ear and out the other. The attitude for most gogo bars is they don't give a fuck. It is high season and they are going to get customers and they w…
-
Continuing their current policy of mass checks for drugs, underage sex workers and other illegal activities, police troops closed the go-go gay and transvestite street off Beach Rd. Pattaya, finding many male and females intoxicated or possessing drugs. 3rd February 2011[PDN] At 21.00 Police General Nantawut Suwnalaorng, Police Station Pattaya, led a troop of over 100 men associated with Office of the Narcotics Control Board to close 13/4 Soi Pattaya, Moo 9 Nongphrue, Banglamung, Chonburi. Following the plan of crime and drug clearance, the officers investigated for any illegalities or drug abuse of the workers in the entertainment venue, which mostly co…
-
- 1 reply
- 1.5k views
-
-
Having taken a firm anti-gay stance for most of his life, Singapore
-
In a show of force, police from several departments swarmed into Sunee Plaza tonight. They had officers at every gogo bar and beer bar I saw. I did a quick sweep of the Plaza and counted at least 120 officers. I don't know how many were actually there but they were checking for ID's and doing pee tests. I don't know the final outcome of what happened but it was a fast and furious show of strength. IMHO, a real waste of money and effort.
-
fridae.com reports that the cover story of the latest issue of China's Sports Illustrated features openly gay sportspeople and interviews five Chinese LGBTs who represented China at international gay sports events. http://www.fridae.com/newsfeatures/2011/01/31/10602.chinas-sports-illustrated-features-gay-sportsmanship-in-cover-story?n=sec What was originally meant to be a short report became a nine double-page story. For this to happen in China seems to be an amazing step forward. The You Tube vdo highlights some of the gay events in China last year and shows what progress is being made (although why they continue to use the word "queer" beats me). The Chinese …
-
I am not sure Swine Flu ever really went away, but The Nation is today reporting that Singapore has had its first Swine Flu fatality of the year. http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/Singapore-reports-first-swine-flu-death-of-2011-30147525.html I had a flu shot in October at BNH in Bangkok. The nurse told me that new batches of the vaccine provided protection against the latest variant of Swine Flu. The young and the elderly seem especially vulnerable to this Flu. Shots are highly recommended.