Gay Thailand
This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.
Subforums
11,067 topics in this forum
-
Anyone know which Sunee area bars/restaurants have wifi?
-
Sounds familiar? Well, Yes this is the slogan that is displayed above the stage in Tawan Bar. Unfortunately, all the recent violent clashes have killed my plans to go to Bangkok this coming long weekend. Sigh... I miss Bangkok and the bodybuilders in Tawan. I am amused sometimes by their "theme songs" that they play during the chuckwow show as the guys wank off and the staff goes around collecting tips in the little brand's essence bottle. Here's a list of cheeky ones that I remember: 1. Raindrops keep falling on my head... 2. If tomorrow never comes... (Ronan Keating) 3. My heart will go on...(Celine Dion - thought its been ages since they've used this…
-
There is a good thread about Mideast protests. I was talking to a few people today and 1 person expressed that he felt many of the concerns in the Mideast could spread to Thailand. Corruption,lack of educational opportunities which will lead to world class pay, internet and media suppression, police and judicial injustice, etc. How probable would it be that the kind of protests in the MidEast could happen in Thailand?
-
Often times at restaurants I wish to take home the leftover food for later consumption. The bf objects to this and says it is a big "no-no" in Thailand. I am not talking about scraps off of plates, but dishes that are basically uneaten. Anyone had similar experiences? Oh, I no, I pay the bin I can do what I want, but no sense in making a scene over this issue.
-
- 7 replies
- 2.7k views
-
-
Since TRUE took over the cable/satellite network in Thailand, their revenues have clearly risen dramatically. Re-branding it from a farang English-dominated service to one more for Thais, obtaining the English Premier League Soccer rights, running Korean soap operas and popular shows, the huge success of the Academy Fantasia series with their product placement getting round the ban on advertising, the abandonment of some channels like BBC Entertainment on grounds of cost, and finally that ban on advertising being overturned a couple of years ago
-
Retiring in another country used to be a foreign concept to most Americans but it
-
I have a very large fully funished one bedroom apartment for rent in a very secure complex 50 meters off of the main road halfway between Pattaya and Jomtien. It is inside of the complex directly behind Mari Hari. This is a perfect place for an expat to live that doesn't want to live in the conjestion and noise of Pattaya, but wants to be less that 5 minutes from Boyz Town and/or Sunee in one direction and less than 5 minutes from Jomtien Complex and Jomtien Beach in the other direction. There is a large pool near by that we have access to if a pool is of interest to you. We are are only a two minute walk to the baht bus, and, also, offer secure motorbike parking. 12,000 …
-
- 1 reply
- 2.1k views
-
-
All the gay bars in Sunee were closed tonight but the Persian Club was open. Probably not serving booze though.
-
The food connoisseur Jomtien put me onto this 24/7 deliver place. The food is not fantastic and it is not as good as a real sub but it is very good and reasonably priced when you need a quick fix. Link for Ordering
-
On saterday February 19, you are invited to birthday party for Dancer Tae in Happy boys bar, soi Yensabai, starts 8.30 PM, free food and birthday cake.
-
-
When I renewed my retirement visa yesterday, I was notified of a change to the bank information for HSBC customers. Unlike most banks, HSBC does not have passbooks. It issues only a consolidated monthly account. In the past, Immigration has accepted certified copies of your regular statements for the immediate 3 months prior to renewal plus, if you opt for the Bt. 800,000 route, the usual letter from the bank confirming this has been in your account for a minimum of 90 days. This inevitably means officers can not see transactions through your account from the date of application back to the last day of the previous month. In the past that has not been an issue. Now t…
-
What do you do about driving in Thailand? Please try out this poll to let others know what you do.
-
Today I tried to post a poll but when I hit the post button it says that YOU MUST ENTER A POST. What am I doing wrong?
-
Yet more statistics have been issued about the growth in young teen pregnancies in Thailand, a rise in sexually transmitted diseases, and the concern that this will eventually result in a growth in the number of HIV cases. The first report is from today’s The Nation. http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/221522/thailand-has-second-highest-teen-pregnancy I find the comment about parents not having time to care for their children quite scandalous, but probably not surprising. It always seems odd to me that so many Thais dote on their children when they are pre-teens and then seem to abandon them to their schools and their peers thereafter. The second is a repo…
-
YAYA Bar will be closed in observance of Makabucha Day / วันมาฆาบูชา 18 February , Friday It comes from the day when 1250 disciples gathered to listen to Buddha's Dharma speech (ธรรมะ) after his enlightment.
-
There are generally two types of events which are held to benefit the HIV/AIDS prevention efforts of TAKE CARE!!
-
http://s1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd363/yayasunee/?action=view¤t=poly2.jpg YAYA Bar is resuming the featured Cocktail of the Month. For the month of February, we present the delicious Mai Tai. The Mai Tai became a popular cocktail in the 1950's and 1960's that virtually every restaurant had on its menu. The Mai Tai was also prominently featured in the popular Elvis Presley's film, Blue Hawaii. * Today, there over 10 different recipes for this cocktail. Yaya's recipe is a classic that is a wonderfully tasty blend of white and dark rum, vodka, tequila, the juices of pineapples, oranges and lemons and finished with a splash of grenadine. Feat…
-
REMINDER: Friday & Saturday, February 25 & 26, 2011 @ 6:00 PM Pattaya Players (Home of Pattaya's Professional Amateurs) invites you to attend their latest murder mystery dinner production entitled, "Murder Under the Big Top" at Le Caf
-
According to a short report in utopia-asia, in the charming town/village of Nongh Khai (along the Mekong river, besides the bridge to Vientiane/Laos) a gay bar has opened under the name of OASIS. No real facts, except that it is ''along/beside the river'' (no sweat-anything in NK is-but it stretches for some 3-4 kms) and open from very late till in the wee small hours. I do not think it will be worth the effort to go there for just this bar, but it might be kind of interesting to find out, if you are there anyway, what it is like. And in case its faltered: Udorn, some 50/60 kms south or across the river (pay for Laos visum) Vientiane, might offer more to your taste.
-
http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2011/jan/31/the-kings-speech-gross-falsification So begins a perceptive and what seems a largely accurate account by Christopher Hitchens of the historical inaccuracies contained in the movie. I have not seen it yet, but it is one of those on my must-see list, however faithful a record it might or might not be. But as I watch it, I will bear in mind the deeply serious but hidden sub-plots, for these are what really should form the basis of a film of this period. The reason for Hitchens comments lies primarily in the Royal Family’s attitude at that time to Hitler and the rise of the Nazi party. We know that the King who abdicated, Edw…
-
Following the response to last Friday night's Live Music Happy Hour, we're doing it again!.... Only this time, it will take place on Saturday Feb 19th from 6pm - 8pm (due to Buddhist Holiday the previous Day). There will be great live music performed by our duo "New Tree" plus hot snacks provided by Sam's Mexican Restaurant. Hope to see you there!!
-
Renting a jet ski in Thailand can be very dangerous and expensive. Please visit facebook.com and search for Thailand Jet Ski Scams. Hope this will save tourists from being scammed on their visit. It is especially bad in Pattaya.
-
- 0 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
After lurking here for quite a while I have decided to heed the call and start posting. Though I have had the inclination in past times, I was hindered by what others would think about what I say. At times I certainly don't feel that some of the things posted here are of any import or interest to me and I don't want to burden others with my drivel. But, I will try to keep my posts as interesting as possible.
-
All Staff of Eros bar invites you to a welcome party to new manager Joe. Free buffet food starting at 8.30 PM Eros bar Come meet our new manager http://www.erosboybar.com/