Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gay Thailand

This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.

  1. Guest kjun12
    Started by Guest kjun12,

    I have personally had problems with Bangkok Christian before as have some of my friends. The latest incident is the last straw. My boyfriend was being treated by a Doctor there for hepatitis. This treatment has lasted several months but last week he told him that he had cancer. This was a diagnosis issued without any test beyond the original blood test and an ultrasound which were administered in the first week of treatment. We went to Bangkok Hospital today where the new Doctor did blood tests and a CAT scan. He informs my friend that there is no sight of cancer whatsoever and the hepatitis is under control This is inexcusable and I intend to write to the hospita…

    • 6 replies
    • 3.5k views
  2. Guest kanom
    Started by Guest kanom,

    Www.man-goes.net For those who wish to experience life in a small Thai village close to Pattaya. Near the beaches of Ban Saray and Ban Amphur, local attractions of Chao Chee Chan Buddha image, NONG Nooch tropical Gardens, Wat Yan and Viharn Sien museum. Please look the website or contact info@man.goes.net

    • 0 replies
    • 1.9k views
  3. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Saw this poster on a BTS station this morning. No idea what the move is about, but 2 of the actors look cute

  4. Guest aot87
    Started by Guest aot87,

    Now that the pagoda has closed, are there any decent places to eat in jomtiem?

    • 7 replies
    • 2.9k views
  5. I was searching for a weekend trip to Bangkok and found a new entry I had not seen before. It is a new Crown Plaza in Bangkok. It is replacing the old Pan Pacific Hotel. It is supposed to close to Siam Paragon. Here is the info I have found. Anyone else heard about this new IHG property. http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cp/1/en/hotel/bkkcp

    • 9 replies
    • 2.6k views
  6. Guest kjun12
    Started by Guest kjun12,

    Another post talks about Middle Class Gay venues/bars. If these do even exist sure someone on this site knows something about them. At least where they are and what the names of some are. So, guys, if you do know anything let's cough it up.

    • 11 replies
    • 4.5k views
  7. Guest Eros
    Started by Guest Eros,

    We have now new price list for happy Boys Bar. Soft Drinks, Chang Beer, Leo Beer.99 Baht Alcoholic Drinks. 120 Baht Bottles 100 Pipers 1000 Baht Red Label 1500 Baht Boys drinks 99 Baht http://happyboysbar.com/

    • 1 reply
    • 2.1k views
  8. Guest luvthai
    Started by Guest luvthai,

    Am just starting to plan my October trip and am so excited to have a date in mind and something to look forward to. I quit flying in winter and since I like the Oct/Nov weather the best decided to go back to fall trips. Since I just retired I may do 2 months this trip and extend to 4 months next year. I may also do a bali/kutu side trip. Anyone else planning on october?

    • 1 reply
    • 1.8k views
  9. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Last night I was awakened by the strongest rain I have experienced in years. The accompanying wind blew off a set of bamboo wind chimes which have been securely fastened on my balcony for more than six years. I see the Bangkok Post is warning of "thunderstorms, strong winds, and hailstorms today". A few hours late for Bangkok!

    • 14 replies
    • 3.6k views
  10. Guest gorcum
    Started by Guest gorcum,

    Does anyone know a good optometrist in south Pattaya. I have progressive lenses, and my prescription is a bit tricky. I would like to have a recommendation of a good optometrist shop.

    • 1 reply
    • 1.9k views
  11. Guest Eros
    Started by Guest Eros,

    Renovations are completed now time for party. Friday march 11, 8.30 PM to 1 AM Come see what is new at Eros in Sunee Plaaza http://www.erosboybar.com/changes.html

    • 2 replies
    • 1.6k views
  12. Guest PattayaPlayers
    Started by Guest PattayaPlayers,

    If you haven't seen one yet, you don't know what your missing! Check out this PMTV spot on our latest murder mystery... Don't miss our biggest production yet...RUMORS by Neil Simon...coming to Pattaya in June. For details check out our website: www.pattayaplayers.org.

    • 1 reply
    • 1.5k views
  13. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Le Meridien in Suriwong Road has a special dinner menu in its coffee shop. Last night we had soup, a salad, an entr

    • 0 replies
    • 1.6k views
  14. It was really very simple to do as mine expired. I had only 6 months left and I have to make some trips to South America soon so I went to the Embassy in Bangkok to renew the passport. First, if you book online and show up at the appointed time there is no wait. They take your paperwork, make sure all if filled out correctly and send you to the cashier. Once finished, you take the receipt over to the window and they take the information. They tell you to have a seat. In less than 5 minutes, I was called over to the window and said I would get an e-mail when the new passport was ready in 2 weeks or so. Seven business days after, they sent an e-mail. I showed …

    • 12 replies
    • 2.5k views
  15. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    This is a question for pong who clearly is much more clued in on some local issues than most farang. I was once a member of thailandout.com. This was a Thai dating/network site but accepted farang. I met a couple of really nice guys from there. Last year that suddenly changed to siamout.com, became 100% Thai and my log-in name and password were no longer valid. There was also a site called dekchai.com which had a continuing series of great photos, as well as chat rooms, one of which was for farang and thais who wished to meet them. This required a Bt. 500 per year membership but had helpful instructions about how to make the payment. It too now seems to be only in Tha…

    • 2 replies
    • 4.6k views
  16. Guest voldemar
    Started by Guest voldemar,

    As Fountainhall and others indicated HIV is omnipresent in Thailand. For those visitors who just come for short vacations and practice safer sex, it is probably a nonissue. It is becoming more serious if one gets involved with a local on longer term basis. In my case I had two long distance LTR which ended up eventually because my partners tested positive. I would like to emphasize that in both cases it was not "passionate love" but rather an arrangement where both parties were more or less comfortable and where I provided (quite modest) financial support. I made sure that both young men are in good health and provided support for "transitional" period. By now,HIV is sti…

    • 3 replies
    • 3.2k views
  17. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    It was only a few years ago that you could wander down Suriwong from Rama 4 on the way to Soi Twilight and there on your left side by the Bangkok Bank branch would be a lady selling all manner of magazines, including several glossy full colour Thai gay magazines. Door, Max, Z Men and Heat were some I fondly remember. All had glossy photos of handsome nude guys, many with explicit hard-core content. Most, if not all, disappeared during Thaksin's social order campaigns, with Door being the last to close its doors But a few months back I remember reading there was a stall in the evenings on Rama 4 between Silom and Suriwong where you could purchase back copies. Does a…

    • 16 replies
    • 12.4k views
  18. Started by TotallyOz,

    We welcome all to the site. But, if you register only to disrupt the flow of conversation, you will be deleted as will your posts. Please don't waste your time or our time. Thanks.

    • 9 replies
    • 2.5k views
  19. Guest ganymede_jomtien
    Started by Guest ganymede_jomtien,

    Read all about this weekend in Jomtien Complex http://gayjomtienbeach.blogspot.com Ganymede Bar Live Music Friday 6pm - 8pm Dolce Vita ALL YOU CAN EAT BBQ Saturday 7pm 199 Baht Dolce Vita opens expanded Terrace Pattaya Hotmale Info Center now offers Thai Food daily 11am - 7pm (Except Mondays) Road Work Continues (but access to Complex improves) And of Course all your favorite Bars & Restaurants are open!!!

    • 0 replies
    • 1.6k views
  20. Guest aot87
    Started by Guest aot87,

    Is Helmut still working a few days aweek in the pagoda at Jomtiem

    • 4 replies
    • 2.4k views
  21. Guest anonone
    Started by Guest anonone,

    A question for those more in the know than I.... Does anyone have any information ( or dare I hope some type of map ) on routes of the Song Thaews? I am fine getting back and forth to Jomtien from Boyztown / Sunee area and I understand the big circle route down Beach Rd and back up 2nd Rd, but I would like to expand my horizons a bit. I would think there is a route that heads up or down 3rd Road, or am I mistaken? I seem to recall reading about a night market somewhere on 3rd Road that may be worth a visit? I know I should have paid more attention when out and about with various Thai friends, but I always seem to have other things on the mind.... Any …

    • 7 replies
    • 2.7k views
  22. Started by TotallyOz,

    I was talking to a friend who is a policeman in Pattaya. I have known him for many years and he invited me over for dinner last night with his family. I was one of the few that spoke English at the meal but I always chat with him and his son in English as that is my only language. His wife speaks some English but not as well as he does. He mentioned something about the Russians in town and I was surprised to hear him stay they were the majority of the issues with crime and violence in Pattaya. Does this stand to reason? I don't see this in the papers but he insisted that it is correct. Anyone seen any studies on the number of arrests and crime statistics on…

  23. Guest JamesBarnes
    Started by Guest JamesBarnes,

    How easy it is to forget that not everyone is 'out' and confident about being gay. Caught up with interviews and rushing around doing admin, I took a break to watch the spectacular show at The Venue in Jomtien the other night. Wearing an OUT iT shirt, I was approached by a mild mannered guy who asked if I had anything to do with the magazine. When I answered yes, he offered his profuse gratitude. It wasn't just a platitude. He went on to explain that he was more than a little inhibited about even going into a 'gay' establishment but that the confident, positive message of OUT iT had inspired him to overcome his reticence and he was having a great time. There a…

    • 7 replies
    • 2.1k views
  24. IMHO, the best valued place in Pattaya is Salt and Pepper in Day Night 2. The owners are great! ! The Price is Right! They also experiment with cooking food that cater to what their customers want. The have had many customers wanting food that is not deep fried. They have a great Salmon that is delightful and comes with mashed potatoes and a salad. They also have the great chicken wraps I told you about months ago but if you ask them, they will steam the chicken. Yum. They have a large group of girls from Russia that eat there every day and they make some of their homemade delights. The owners are willing to make you want you want and need. If you have no…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.9k views
  25. Guest kjun12
    Started by Guest kjun12,

    Is it permissible to post pictures on this forum (not nudes or necessarily people at all)? If so, how does one accomplish this?

    • 2 replies
    • 1.7k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.