Gay Thailand
This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.
Subforums
11,067 topics in this forum
-
-
Tom Yum reopened a few nights back. They are one of the only 2 free style bars left in Pattaya. The bar is located next door to Oud's in Soi Sunee in Pattaya.
-
There was an art gallery that did copy paintings on the 2nd floor of Royal Garden for many years. I have used them at least 20 times and have been happy with the results. I suggested a friend use the place recently as he needed to get some painting done while in LOS. He went there but it is no longer there. Does anyone know where this place went?
-
- 0 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
Whilst searching for another video I came across this 2 part video of very young boys being prepared for 4 days as a [?] I have always understood that all boys are expected to go to the temple to make merit for their families. One month minimum at least, if not 3 months was my understanding. But these boys look to be primary school age. Is this visit of 4 days similar to first communion in some reliigions? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib82PIDGXBM&feature=related http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL7td3vtFYM&NR=1
-
A former UK based music teacher, Andrew Crisp, 56, was found murdered early last year at his retirement home in Chiang Mai. He had apparently invited 3 young hill tribesmen to stay with him, all of whom worked as hosts at a gay bar near the Night Market. After 6 days, the three became upset at Crisp's constant complaining about their dirty habits and making a mess of his house. They then plotted to murder him. They also stole some personal belongings and Bt. 5,000 they found in the safe. One of the three, Awe Ye Piang, has now been sentenced to life imprisonment. The other two have not yet been apprehended.Awe apparently had "a history of involvement with drugs." …
-
Some eye candy for Chinese New Year Two vdos of some of the most handsome pop stars in Asia (but only Korea, Taiwan and Hong Kong). Not sure how old these are but I think maybe 3 years. Hong Kong's Edison Chan withdrew from the spotlight after a ton of nude photos he had taken with himself and several Hong Kong starlets were discovered on the internet. The stupid boy had taken his laptop to be fixed not realising he had not deleted the compromising material (the computer shop guy had to serve jail time). He's cute but not especially well endowed Did I get the photos? Yes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb735YA1O4A http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9i7PC-W…
-
I think it was TravelerJim who usually posted the regular update of happenings in Pattaya. These stopped appearing some time ago. I wonder if Jim or the guys at Yaya, Krazy Dragon or The Corner Bar who sometimes read this site would consider reposting these. I have managed to find what seems to be the latest one - http://pattayagay.blogspot.com/2011_01_30_archive.html
-
- 2 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
Now I approve of this story. It seems more and more members of the opposite sex are whipping off their bikini tops on Phuket
-
The end of this week will see well over 1.5 billion people around the world celebrating the lunar New Year. 2011 is the Year of the Rabbit, and so if you were born in 1939, 1951, 1963, 1975, 1987 or 1999 (can any of gaythailand’s readers be that young?), this is the start of another 12-year cycle for you. That is especially auspicious. (Now try saying that when you have had too much to drink ) If you were born in a Dog year – 1934, 1946, 1958, 1970, 1982 etc. – the omens for you are also particularly good this year, especially for those born in 1946. According to feng shui master Visit Techakasem writing in Bangkok Magazine, Dogs will have the best of luck this yea…
-
Normally I am not in favour of posting information that has been posted elsewhere. But I did notice one topic on the gaybuttonthai site this morning which, since I have already written today about a related entertainment topic, I thought might be of interest - especially if tied into a more general question about the best entertainment you have ever experienced. I do not mean bars - although I guess somewhere there may have been something really exceptional. I mean more stage entertainment, a pop concert, an open-air spectacular, a son-et-lumiere type event - that sort of thing. What has been your best experience? The question is prompted by a post by lvdkeyes (who I …
-
Well! Well! Well! We shouldn’t be surprised, I suppose. Yet more wrongdoings and the strong odour of corruption at the Airports of Thailand, according to today's Bangkok Post! Last September, the AoT terminated the contract of a company named Parking Management Co. which had won the contract to manage the car parking at the airport. AoT then took over the operation of the carpark. As widely reported in the media, on October 1 two hundred armed men, allegedly acting on behalf of Parking Management, occupied the airport's parking lot for an hour, blocked entrances and seized ticket booths in order to collect fares from motorists. Now an official Transport Ministry …
-
- 9 replies
- 2.8k views
-
-
Of Japan's many Festivals, the Kanamara Matsuri (Festival of the Steel Phallus) must be kind of unique. This honours man's endowment in a way that cannot even be portrayed in official Japanese books and magazines. Might such a Festival be of interest to the TAT in attracting more visitors in parts of Bangkok and Pattaya, I wonder? Maybe viagra or cialis could be the main sponsor Don't you just dig those iced lollipops? Or how about adding a Penis Park to the attractions as they have in South Korea (just found this vdo after posting the Japanese one)? This is totally legit!
-
If you are planning on flying between now and February 13th, be warned. According to the Bangkok Post's Business Section today, AoT is predicting an additional 400,000 passenger arrivals during the Lunar New Year period, including 465 extra charter flights, two thirds of them from China, Hong Kong and Taiwan. These extra passengers are http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/aviation/219439/lunar-new-year-traffic-up-23
-
It was mentioned in a previous thread that one of the reasons the Chinese and Japanese have fewer hangups about public nudity is because these countries have a tradition of public baths. The Chinese tradition is to have baths that separate the sexes, the Japanese put everybody together. The Thais traditionally bathe in the river while keeping their sarong on. Here's a photo-essay from Shanghaiist about Beijing's oldest public bath. A peek inside Beijing's oldest bathhouse
-
On Friday evening, I took two friends to Silom Soi 4 which neither had visited before. It was also my first visit there for well over a year, as I have not been a great fan of the soi for some time. I was surprised at how many new venues seem to have spring up. Telephone, Balcony and Sphinx Restaurant no longer have the pick of the crop. Indeed, when we ended up at Balcony at around 11:00pm where they serve excellently-priced litres of Kamikazes, Margaritas, Mojitos, Strawberry Daiquiris and other cocktails (for around Bt. 400), the bar was far from full, whereas most others were near packed. The whole soi now seems to have outside seating in the winter season. S…
-
How about something like this to revive the flagging bar shows? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17vLAypMkFw&feature=player_embedded#
-
I note that the green light has been given to the expansion of Suvarnabhumi. Once again, the decision has been taken far too late, as it is now envisaged Suvarnabhumi will reach is design capacity of 45 million passengers this year! The new development will see the construction of a satellite terminal about 800 m south of the existing one and connected to it by one of those driverless trains common in many airports now. The satellite will have a capacity for 28 aircraft, but will not be completed until 2015 at the earliest! Well, I for one have two questions for the AoT Board. At present, there are at least 40 non-airbridge parking spots. When I arrived back from…
-
Another point made in an article made in today's Bangkok Post (see "Suvarnabhumi Expansion") talks about the hard work of Thailand's parliamentarians, Tuesday's session had the members - those who bothered to attend and who stayed throughout, that is - sitting for 16 hours. Towards the end, tempers clearly became frayed. http://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/opinion/218909/if-an-ape-wore-shoes-could-it-walk-like-a-man Of course, elections in Thailand do not always reflect the will of the people nor the quality of the candidates. Those little red notes, we are informed, work wonders when it comes to the ballot box. A bit like the laisee red packets we see handed out…
-
Not only is Thaksin financing a lot of the red shirt activities, he is now, according to The Nation, financing the construction of wats to help bring him back not just to the country but also as PM again. http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2011/01/30/national/Thaksins-wish-30147518.html
-
The baht is likely to strengthen to 26 to 27 to the US dollar next year, University of Thai Chamber of Commerce economic and business forecasting centre director Thanawat Polvichai said on Thursday. Mr Thanawat said the baht could appreciate further because the US and European economies remain fragile. The export sector in 2011 might expand only eight per cent year-on-year, down from the previous projection of 10 to 13 per cent. Crude oil prices could reach US$100 a barrel next year, he said. "I expect next year's GDP growth to be around four per cent, as domestic consumption and tourism will be the main driving force instead of exports. "The Bank of Tha…
-
Mr A and Mr Nut like to thank everyone who attended there birtday party last night. The party was a great success for staff and customers alike.
-
Many media sources are reporting Nelson Mandela's admission to hospital yesterday and his ex-wife, Winnie, being in tears as she left after visiting him. Speculation yesterday about the state of the 92-year old's health was rife but today's news seems to be a bit more encouraging. How much of this is 'spin', only his close family will know. I am sure, however, that everyone wishes him all the very best. Apart from his courage and vision, he is in my view the closest the world has to a moral conscience. http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jan/27/nelson-mandela-hospital-south-africa
-
Sergeant Uthai Dechawiwat of the Pai police was sentenced to 25 years for beating his wife to death. He is still to be tried for killing a Canadian man and attempting to kill a female friend of the Canadian. This piece of shit got his sentence reduced by one-half by pleading guilty. His trial for the murder and attempted murder of the Canadians has been dragged out for several reasons including the fact that the Chief of Police of Pai, Sombat Panya, has repeatedly not shown up to testify. Why can't the court force this man to the stand if his testimony is required?
-
I just returned from a one week visit to the Pattaya / Jomtien area and thought I would share some observations. I have enjoyed hearing what other visitors have experienced on their trips, so I feel a need to return the favor. This was a very different type of trip for me as I spent the whole week with a Thai friend I met on a previous trip. It was also the first time I stayed in Jomtien complex instead of in Pattaya. I don't think I will stay in Jomtien again. It is just a bit too calm for me during the evening hours. The lack of a go go bar is also a big drawback. I missed being able to easily pop into a go go bar for a drink and a bit of eye candy. We e…
-
Oh dear! More entertainment news! Broadway star Lea Salonga (of Miss Saigon and the Disney movies Aladdin and Mulan 1 and 2 fame) is returning for a Valentine's Day concert with the Bangkok Symphony Orchestra at the Queen Sirikit Convention Centre. The programme inevitably is 'love' related. Eric Clapton has one gig at Impact Arena on 16 February. The Eagles are here, also at Impact Arena, on 20 February. Santana returns in a show entitled Guitar Heaven at Impact Arena on 1 March. Another singer, Katherine Jenkins, has 2 shows, also with the Bangkok Symphony, but this time at the Thailand Cultural Centre on March 22 and 23. British readers will know of…