Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gay Thailand

This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.

  1. Guest kjun12
    Started by Guest kjun12,

    By releasing his birth certificate today President Obama has proved his US citizenship. What will the repiglicans do now?

    • 37 replies
    • 7.1k views
  2. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    We have a thread on the gayest city in the USA. I wonder where is the gayest city/place on the planet? Thailand and Amsterdam used to be pretty close to the top, as did The Philippines 2 or 3 decades ago. Is that so true now?Is Mykonos still the gayest island? Has Prague overtaken other cities? Which place would get your vote - and why?

    • 4 replies
    • 2.1k views
  3. Guest Astrrro
    Started by Guest Astrrro,

    Was chatting last night with a fellow who seems to really know great places off the beaten track. He was telling me about Farose 2 (much better than Farose) Sauna in Bangkok. 200 baht to get in and that includes food and drink. There's also dancing. Not many farangs but he says no moneyboys but many will still go with older farang. Sorry, I don't have more info re the location but perhaps some other froum members can fill in the gaps.

    • 2 replies
    • 4.8k views
  4. I was hungry today and the boys and I wanted to get a bite to eat. We went to Aldo's Mediterranean Restaurant. The food was excellent. They have a lunch special for 350 for 2 courses or 450 for 3 courses. I had the Mediterranean Salad and Rice Pilaf and the BF and his friend both had Chicken Puff's and one had Duck and the other had Fish. The food was excellent. The taste was great and it looked like a great deal of tender love went into everything we ate. I really enjoyed the food. We all had drinks and the cost for 3 was around 1600 baht. Aldo's really caters to the residents of their condo building but if you live or stay in the Sathorn area, I am finding…

    • 1 reply
    • 1.3k views
  5. Started by Gaybutton,

    MONTY'S Grand OPENING Wednesday, June 1 - 8pm Also, manager Kan's Birthday Free Pig Roast and Salad Bar Fun night for all - See you there! Monty 1. All can get DO IT YOURSELF H.I.V. Test from Monty's - 250 baht 2. All can get DO IT YOURSELF Drug Test for Ya Ba from Monty's - 120 baht

    • 1 reply
    • 1.3k views
  6. Guest Astrrro
    Started by Guest Astrrro,

    One of the best true stories I've ever seen in my years of reading Thai forums. Check it out! Greed, Extortion, and Ladyboys!

    • 7 replies
    • 2.2k views
  7. Started by TotallyOz,

    I had been looking at an apartment in LOS and it is a serviced building. But, the electricity is 6 baht per kilowatt. Is this expensive? Normal? I don't need a place until the end of the year but if I found what I wanted, I'll reserve it. I just thought this was a bit high.

    • 4 replies
    • 2k views
  8. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Since we have a recent topic on the Secret War in Laos, this might be of interest. One of the most controversial figures in the history of the War in Vietnam, Tran Le Xuan, better known as Madame Nhu, wife of Ngo Dinh Nhu, the brother of the first South Vietnamese President Ngo Dinh Diem, has died aged 87. President Diem was an ascetic bachelor who rarely ventured from his Palace. Madame Nhu therefore became the de facto unofficial "First Lady" of South Vietnam. She wielded immense power until the Americans withdrew their support for her brother-in-law in a CIA-sponsored coup, and his subsequent assassination in 1963. She seems to have a been a thoroughly unpleasa…

    • 1 reply
    • 1.4k views
  9. Started by TotallyOz,

    I love card games and playing them with friends. I tried a few times in Pattaya to get up some card games with friends but few seemed interested. Tonight I had a great night of Pizza and Poker Night with some old friends from law school. It was a blast and we spent the night laughing and having fun. I ended up walking away with a fortune (nickle ante and quarter limit) and I had a bag of change. LOL Do you ever play card games in LOS? What games do you enjoy?

    • 5 replies
    • 1.6k views
  10. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    I was just reading about money boys talking amongst themselves & ignoring customers at "Escape" in Prague. I also recall visiting Club Temple in Prague (another money boy bar), where they were again not particularly active in looking for customers. Then one fairly attractive guy arrives and slowly walks to the far end of the bar & back, checking which customers are looking. He then comes to sit next to me and we leave together within 15 minutes. That's how to get business. In Thailand, most money boys seem much more professional in trying to get an "off". I do remember one exception in Sunnee, who clearly checked every customer who arrived and made a point…

    • 2 replies
    • 4.6k views
  11. Guest thrillbill8
    Started by Guest thrillbill8,

    I thought it was a joke when I heard it, but according to the gay's no. magazine THE ADVOCATE in the USA, the midwestern city of Minneapolis gets the title this year. Of course this research is not done scientifically but is based on some criteria. Read: MINNEAPOLIS -- Move over, San Francisco. Minneapolis is number one, at least in the eyes of a writer for The Advocate magazine, who has proclaimed that the Mini-Apple is now the gayest city in America. Using what he calls a completely unscientific - but still strangely accurate - statistical equation, Advocate writer Mike Albo has delivered a list of where gay people are creating a sense of community. Albo u…

    • 5 replies
    • 2.8k views
  12. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    I took a Thai friend to see the iMax 3-D version of the new Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides yesterday. The theatre at Paragon was all but empty for the 2:00 pm showing, but then the computers were down for quite some time and I saw a lot of people moving over to the non-3-D cinema across the hallway. I loved the movie

    • 4 replies
    • 1.7k views
  13. Guest dale1
    Started by Guest dale1,

    Put this coming Sunday -- 29 May @ 9:00 -- on your calendar and join the gang at BONDI BEACH BAR AND RESTAURANT for the monthly QUIZ NIGHT .... really great fun ..... come along and join with another team or bring a gang and have your own team ...... 100 baht per person is collected and contributed to TAKE CARE!! for its distribution program of safer sex packets to the gay venues around town ..... over the years, this monthly contribution to TAKE CARE!! has made BONDI TAKE CARE!!'s primary supporter. Hope to see ya there!!

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  14. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    SLRs don't interest me, as I'm never going to carry that kind of weight around. Compact cameras are much more interesting. The Olympus XZ1 looks like a camera for really high quality photos, but is slightly more bulky than some competition & the 28~112mm lens range doesn't seem enough. The Canon S95 is smaller, still has a large sensor & also seems to be a high quality product. Unfortunately, the zoom range is 28~105mm. So whilst these cameras will undoubtedly take fine photos most of the time & in poor light, once again I am likely to shop in the "compact superzoom" category. When that's up for replacement in 2~3 years time, perhaps there wil…

    • 5 replies
    • 1.8k views
  15. Guest voldemar
    Started by Guest voldemar,

    Guys, I essentially run out of tricks: should I call Obama uber-Marxist, predict civil war in Thailand within next six weeks, say something really ugly about Gaybutton? The things seem to be extremely slow not only on this message board but also everywhere else... Michael, what are you doing in filthy BKK? Come back to Mama-Pattaya and give us juicy review of all bars... Either nobody is willing to post anymore or the world, as we know it plunged into extremely depressing and boring state...

    • 7 replies
    • 2.2k views
  16. Guest Steve1903
    Started by Guest Steve1903,

    Anyone happen to know what the Baht?UK

    • 6 replies
    • 2k views
  17. Guest voldemar
    Started by Guest voldemar,

    http://www.zerohedge.com/article/us-iran-escalation-iran-arrests-30-us-spies-it-builds-venezuelan-missile-base-america-sends-

    • 6 replies
    • 1.5k views
  18. Guest manforlads
    Started by Guest manforlads,

    Hi All, I a am gay guy in UK, trying to get over a broken relationship and have booked a holidy to Pattaya in November 2011. Would appreciate any tips or advice you experienced guys can give me. I want some fun but also wouldnt mind finding a bf. Things like if thai lads really want a bf or not, best places to go, pitfalls and tricks to avoid, that kinda stuff. Thanks in advance

    • 18 replies
    • 3.6k views
  19. Started by TotallyOz,

    One of my favorite things in the USA was my Vanilla scented Yankee Candle. I bought them by the cases and always had one on in my apartment. It made the entire place smell beautiful. Today, the boys and I were going to the theater at Emporium Shopping and I smelled a very familiar fragrance. Well, there they were, around the corner, an entire area for Yankee Candles. My oh my. I was in heaven! I bought one for old time sake. The cost was 1800 baht. That is double or even more than I can get them for in the USA. But, they last 70 hours or so. Bangkok keeps getting better!

    • 1 reply
    • 3.1k views
  20. Guest fireon
    Started by Guest fireon,

    Dear aLL, I'll in Thailand from 6/5-6/12. and detail info as follow: 6/5-7 in Pattaya 6/7-10 in Koh chang 6/10-12 in Bangkok If u have interesting. You can contact me freely by mail:409833661@qq.com

    • 0 replies
    • 933 views
  21. Guest Eros
    Started by Guest Eros,

    Happy Boys Bar Summer party Tuesday May 24. On Tuesday May 24 Happy Boys Bar will celebrate summer with a summer party. Free food and lots of fun, all drinks 99 baht. 8.30 till late.

    • 0 replies
    • 931 views
  22. Started by kokopelli,

    I was going to save this for next April Fool, but this not a joke, or is it? The US Center for Disease Control has posted guidelines for emergency preparedness in event of a zombie infestation. Zombies can spread their condition via a virus which can be contacted through bites and contact with bodily fluids. Citizens are advised to have an emergency kit to include water, first aid supplies (bites are most often fatal) and most importantly, a baseball bat! Many don't believe in zombies but I have seen them for myself staggering around Sunee Plaza; haven't we all? http://emergency.cdc.gov/socialmedia/zombies_blog.asp

    • 5 replies
    • 2k views
  23. Guest Steve1903
    Started by Guest Steve1903,

    Ok chaps, following on from discussion a couple of weeks back on what visa I can apply for... The concensus seemed to be that I should apply for a Non Immigrant 'O' Visa. Well having been in touch with the Thai consulates/embassy both in Glasgow and in Hull I was told flat out that the rules have changed and I am not able to apply for this now. So before I do anything else I wondered if anyone had a different opinion from the info I have been given and if so what is it based on. Also, so where do I go from here? The best option given from the embassy people is to get the 60 day tourist visa, get a month extension then start visa hopping until I'm out of entry visa…

    • 13 replies
    • 3.4k views
  24. Guest freeyourmind
    Started by Guest freeyourmind,

    Hello everyone, After weighing the pros and cons of living in the Pattaya area for the last year or so, I

    • 2 replies
    • 2.2k views
  25. Guest Steve1903
    Started by Guest Steve1903,

    Looking around for long term rental place and came across Sanai Apartments near/in Sunee P. Anyone used them, heard good or bad or anything at all about them? If you feel more comfortable if your comments remain private then please pvt msg me. Ta much.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.5k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.