Gay Thailand
This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.
Subforums
11,067 topics in this forum
-
If you know a man named Jim, he had trouble seeing and usually had a Thai boy with him to help him navigate through the streets. He is always hanging around Sunee Plaza and has lunch and dinner at Mr. Z's Salt and Pepper restaurant almost daily. I don't know the funeral arrangements yet but I have been told his dear friend is helping with the arrangements. As soon as I know more, I'll let you know. Jim was always friendly and happy and despite his Diabetes taking away so many things in his life, he kept going on and moving forward and spending time with the great guys in Pattaya. He will be missed. RIP Jim
-
- 5 replies
- 2k views
-
-
Come and see MONTY work his Magic on You.!!! AN EVENING WITH THE IRREPRESSIBLE RACONTEUR, WARTS AND ALL You may of heard of him, you may know him or you may even want to find out more about him, I can tell you one thing you won't be disappointed and be very careful, he is very hypnotic so don't you get under his spell. Wednesday 18th May from 9.30 p.m your be silly to miss this one.
-
For those not living in Asia, you may not know that Air Asia and its subsidiary Thai Air Asia are having a big sale for tickets purchased on or before 15 May. Check them out on this site - http://www.airasia.com/th/en/promotion/rr0801101.page Caveat No. 1 is that these tickets are only available for travel between 1 November 2011 and 18 January 2012. So if you are planning a trip here around Christmas, this might be a good way of seeing other parts of Asia as well - assuming there are seats left when you go online. Caveat No. 2 is that flight timings of almost all flights will change when the winter schedule starts around October. So you need to be allow a lo…
-
Elephantstrike has just posted that effective July 4th the Sawatdee Board will end. Anyone wanting to save info needs to download the info asap.
-
The MOJITO is the Cocktail of the Month of May...featured at 70 baht. Click here if you cannot see the pic: http://i1216.photobu...anda-3advet.gif This popular rum drink is cool, minty and refreshing. Also, YaYa will continue with the ever popular previous Cocktails of the Month -- the Pina Colada and the Mai Tai. Each only 100 baht.
-
After a series of suspicious deaths at the Downtown Inn Hotel in Chiang Mai earlier this year, an independent investigation has found traces of a potentially lethal toxin that almost certainly indicates the deaths occurred as a result of poisoning. http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/235994/lethal-bug-toxin-found-in-hotel My thanks to gaybuttonthai.com for alerting readers to this article. Since chlorpyrifos is not banned in Thailand, the concerns must surely be: how many other smaller hotels and guesthouses use this substance? How many more people have suffered a result of lower doses of the poison, perhaps believing they were suffering merely from food p…
-
If you are out for a stroll at Central World and want something to eat that is tasty and inexpensive, try Pizza Pizza by Yanni on the 7th Floor of Central World next to the market and the movie theater. They have great pizza (four cheese is yummy) and their lasagna is also very good. They sever pretty fast and the price is reasonable at about 220 for entrees.
-
I have eaten at this place several times and the food is always great. It is on the bottom level inside the food court area. If you are at the McDonalds, walk straight back. It is not a closed in shop but has tables in the open area. It is right across from the Fish and Chips place. Paragon has so many fantastic places to eat and the eye candy there is perhaps the best in Bangkok. I usually eat from the stands throughout the mall but sometimes I like a sit down place to chat with a friend. 9th Cafe is great for this. You can get great food at reasonable prices and still see all the beautiful guys walking around. I love their breaded chicken with veggies an…
-
- 4 replies
- 2.1k views
-
-
I am looking for a place that does delivery to my apartment in Bangkok. I tried the store at Siam Paragon but they don't deliver. Anyone know of other places in Bangkok that will do grocery delivery? Thanks!
-
Everyone is invited to Birthday party for manager Joe Free Good Food, Birthday Cake, karaoke from 8.308PM All drinks 99 Baht http://www.erosboybar.com/specialevents.html
-
I haven't been to DIck's in Soi Twilight for months- since it reopened after it's summer refurbishment last year. My friends and I felt it was then not quite up to its previous standards, possibly due to quite a few new staff. Has anyone been there recently?
-
- 9 replies
- 3.7k views
-
-
I went to MBK and had no luck. Anyone know of a good watch shop in Bangkok? I have a few watches that need batteries and some polar heart rate monitors that also need batteries. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
-
- 0 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
Happy boys Bar now every night special night. Sundays 90 baht beer night, all beer 90 baht. Mondays 70 baht soft drink night, all soft drinks 70 Baht. Tuesday 100 PIPERS NIGHT 100 pipers whiskey 75 baht. Wednesday Sandwich night, take off two boys for 300 baht. Thursday Boys night, two boys drinks for the price of one Friday Bottle night 100 pipers bottle 750 baht Saturday Midnight madness, after midnight three drinks for the price of two Happy Boys bar, Soi Yensabai http://www.happyboysbar.com/new/
-
Any of you guys got knowledge of the golfing world in Pattaya? ie. rough cost guide, is there club hire? etc
-
An announcement has been posted on the Gay Ting & Tong Forum that Gwm4asian has passed away. See: http://www.gaytingtong.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7903 I am shocked and quite upset about this. Many of us knew him (photos are on the post) and he was one of the most likeable and charitable people I've ever met. He also did an enormous amount of work for Pattaya Street Kids ( http://www.pattayastreetkids.org ). I would recommend a donation to Pattaya Street Kids, if you wish, in honor of him. He would be most pleased with that. My condolences to his friends and family. I will really miss him.
-
We'd really like to hear where you prefer for gay life in Thailand so we have a poll running at http:/www.out-in-thailand.com Thank you for your help in this important market research. Best wishes, James Barnes.
-
After approximately five years living in Thailand I have come to the conclusion that Thai people are intellectually challenged in geometry. This feeling comes from some of their driving inabilities. Have you ever noticed that they often take at lease 4 forward and backward movements with their vehicles when parking? And, forget it when they are trying to parallel park. That is an impossible maneuver for them. I am trying very hard to learn patience while driving in Bangkok but this does not come easily to me. Perhaps I need more time at a Wat.
-
Just a quickie. Looking for opinions of The Venue as a place to stay for a week in terms of location, cleanliness etc. Anyone been?
-
As I mentioned in my random thoughts posting (ok, more like a novel, but I guess I tend to ramble ) On my recent trip I was rather disappointed in the gay beach area. Seemed to be VERY few Thai boys around, a large number of Russian Families all over, pretty high prices for massage, etc. and just not much fun. I have also read a recent post by Gaybutton in the Gay Romeo thread which I found quite accurate.... If Gay Romeo has actually hurt anything, maybe it has hurt the beach scene. For years, the beach was fabulous for finding willing boys. But over the past year, whenever I go to the beach there are hardly any boys at all anymore, with the exception of t…
- 10 replies
- 3.5k views
-
I am getting old and my eye doctor recommended I get progressive bifocal lenses. I went yesterday to the eye store close to Villa Market and they tried to get me to buy "individualized" lenses. The cost is over 30,000 baht. I know that is not what I would pay in the USA. I should have bought there before I left but now, I am in LOS. Any suggestions on places to get some eyeglasses? Also, is the "individualized" lenses a rip off of the same lenses for cheaper?
-
- 11 replies
- 4.4k views
-
-
Remember the Elite card? Remember all the razzmatazz when it was launched back in 2003? Remember how Prime Minister Thaksin, who conceived the idea, promised that this upper-end programme of immigration privileges, long term property leases and major discounts at luxury hotels, golf courses and spas, would attract so many rich and wealthy tourists and business people that there would be 1 million members by 2008? Yes, 1 million was the figure he quoted! Oh happy day! As we all later found out, the Thailand Elite Card was scrapped two years ago. The membership at that time? 2,570. That’s it – and, no, I have not missed off any zeros. Around one quarter of one percent o…
-
- 3 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
This is just a rough estimate for gay bisnis in the big city of BKK. All figures rounded. GoGo-bars: 12 or 13, except 2 all in the Silom area, half of that in soi Pratoochai(or HOtmail). Other bars/pubs( the Thai is undecided how to name it): with karaOK and off-boys: 5-6, all in Sapan Kwai as a disco, no ''official'' off-boys: 10-15, a bit depending on how gay you want them to be. Except 2 (DJ and GOD) all OUT of Silom-area, with clusters in RamkamHaeng (LamSalee) and Chatuchak (or OTOKO or Kamphaeng Phet, that is all the same) and isolated ones in other areas. gay sauna"s: around 40-50 with no real cluster, but notably fewer west of the main Chao Praya riv…
-
Well, it seems electioneering has begun in earnest, with one key player up to his old tricks. The wily Chavalit Yongchaiyudh, retired general and former Prime Minster who led the nation and the region into the 1997 economic crisis, in the process wiping out Thailand’s foreign exchange reserves and ushering in several years of austerity, seems to have pulled the plug on his association with Thaksin’s party, of which he was Chairman. The news was contained in a 3-line fax sent to Pheu Thai’s headquarters. On the eve of what is widely expected to be a General Election announcement, Thaksin finds himself and his political ambitions in a bind. The announcement in The Nati…
-
- 10 replies
- 2k views
-
-
This April we should all be celebrating a milestone in the campaign for gay rights. But here in Asia it has gone almost totally unnoticed. Ten years ago this month, the Netherlands became the first country to legalize same-sex marriages. Whilst most Dutch people were in favour of the law, a vocal majority spouted all those silly arguments we have heard so many times since then – including that gay marriage is wrong and it will spell the end of Western civilization. And that vocal minority ensured that passage of the bill in the Dutch parliament became a political slugfest. In a recent Los Angeles Times article, one of the sponsors of the bill, Boris Dittrich, tell…
-
- 2 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
Jomtien Complex welcomed it's newest Bar on Saturday, April 23 - The Pour House. Located across the street from Ganymede Bar & Residence, The Pour House promises to be a great new watering hole for ex-pats and visitors alike. While the Pour House is a Gay Bar, it is not a "Boy Bar". Think of it more as a place where you can meet up with friends, or even take your Boyfriend to, without feeling pressured into buying the staff "boy drinks". While the official Grand Opening Party is still weeks away, The Pour House is open for business with a friendly, smiling staff, good drink prices, a large 50" TV above the bar, Pool Table, Popcorn Machine, Electronic Dart Boar…