Gay Thailand
This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.
Subforums
11,067 topics in this forum
-
Hi to one and all hope you will be able to join me for a quick hello on the night may have one or two things happening on the night I HOPE.
-
- 1 reply
- 1.4k views
-
-
As we know, China is gong to build Thailand’s new high-speed rail lines. China’s own high-speed rail system is coming on line very quickly, with the new 1,318 km Shanghai/Beijing service due to open later this year. I travelled on these new trains when I was in Shanghai in August. They are amazing. The 100 kms between Shanghai and lovely city of Suzhou took all of 22 minutes. According to an article in Hong Kong’s South China Morning Post today (which I am unable to link here as I am not an SCMP on-line subscriber), China has been opening up 1,500 kms of new track annually for the last 5 years. This year that length increases to 4,500 kms. All of which sounds wonderfu…
-
- 4 replies
- 2.6k views
-
-
BANGKOK (Reuters) - Tens of thousands of "red shirt" demonstrators marched in Thailand's capital on Sunday to demand the release of the movement's leaders in their first rally since the lifting of an eight-month state of emergency last month. The protest by about 30,000 people aimed to pressure the government to end what the red shirts say are unlawful detentions and suppression of dissent in the wake of deadly clashes between troops and demonstrators last year. The latest request for bail for the leaders, charged with terrorism, was denied on Tuesday and the march from two symbolic locations where 91 people were killed and more than 1,800 wounded showed the movem…
-
I have brought macaroni21's comments into a new thread because I feel this is a huge subject that, however relevant, cannot be dealt with in a couple of paragraphs. So here are my 2 cents worth. 2 cents? At this length it must be a few hundred bucks, at least It is, I suggest, far too simplistic to blame the Empress Dowager for the downfall of the Manchu (Qing) Dynasty and what was almost the collapse of China as a nation. The fact is that the country had been restive for most of that Dynasty’s rule. Equally, throughout these centuries from 1644, there had been countless rebellions and endless corruption, and the “dire external threats” were present long before she …
-
Jim knows how to throw a party. Go over to BoyzBoyzBoyz and wish him a Happy Birthday!
-
It seems this topic is worth a separate post. One of the joys of visiting saunas in Japan - and also in Taiwan and Korea - is that the patrons think nothing of walking around in the shower, bathing, sauna and steam room areas with no towels and no thought of covering themselves with their hands. I suppose it's just part of the culture where nudity in a bathhouse is expected, whereas any thought of nudity outside such an establishment is generally taboo. '24' in Shinjuku has a medium-sized public shower area with 2 warm bathing pools, attached to which is quite a large cruising area linking the steam, sauna, rainshower, cold pool and some private shower cubicles. Almo…
-
I had a great afternoon at Hero. Hero is always the best for me in Bangkok But, the number of boys were no where near recent visits. The mamasan said that they were packed the day before but few boys showed up when I was there. The mamasans here do tell the truth. They are reliable and the boys deliver. The massages are great and the guys are handsome. I didn't really like the selection today but I choose one new guy for one massage and a regular boy for another. The first guy was 32 and the other was in his late 20's. Hero has more older guys and there are few (if any) twinks there. The rooms are reasonable and the expected tips are as well. I think th…
-
- 1 reply
- 6.3k views
-
-
ORLANDO, Fla., January 5, 2011
-
- 1 reply
- 1.3k views
-
-
Went to Dream Boys and had a great time. The boys on stage are fantastic. They have a wide variety of guys and over 100 available. The show at the bar is always great and he owner puts money into putting on a good show. Drinks here are 300 baht for the first drink and 260 for the second. IMHO, that is too high but it seems to rake the customers in. If you spend a night at Dream Boys, you won't be able to tell that tourism is down.
-
- 0 replies
- 4.3k views
-
-
We are looking for gay contacts in Hat Yai, I would be very interested to hear from you if you are there! Thank you,
-
On another thread, some of us have been fondly remembering the bars of yesteryear. What, I wonder, of the sauna scene,a nd how does it compare to the saunas of today? I so rarely visit Bangkok saunas now, I am way out of date. My last visit to Babylon must have been 18 months or so ago, and I did not enjoy it. In fact, I have never enjoyed the 'new' Babylon nearly as much as I did the old one at the top of the soi, the building now occupied by Pandanus restaurant. Just as Twilight was on my bar list, so Babylon would be on my 'other activities' list. Thinking way back, I can recall Volt which was somewhere off Asoke, and the ten-storied Obelisk with the jacuzzi on the…
-
- 1 reply
- 2k views
-
-
Last night Soi Twilight was not as busy as I would expect it to be during the peak holiday season. At 8:00pm, the now enlarged outside area at Dick’s Café had almost half its tables taken. By 9:00 they were virtually full. Yet, even by 10:00 the flow of punters through the soi had not built up to what you would expect on a holiday week-end. At Dick’s I had the pork cordon bleu, a huge portion that was tasty and filling and comes with chips and a side salad. My friend had a satisfying hamburger. We then crossed the soi and went up to X-Size to check out the go-go and take in part of the show. We only counted about a dozen boys, well down from my last visit 6 months ago…
-
- 44 replies
- 8.8k views
-
-
An Official GRAND OPENING PARTY will be held on Saturday Night, January 8th. There will be free food, live entertainment and giveaway prizes throughout the evening. Spilia Karaoke (Greek for "Cave") is now open! The Karaoke Lounge features a main Karaoke Room and three private rooms. Bar is open nightly From 8pm. Here are a few few pictures .... Private Karaoke Rooms are available And here's a "sneak Peek" at The Sauna... Sauna will feature an Indoor pool, Wet Sauna, Dry Sauna, Massage Rooms, Bar & Relaxation Areas. More pics next week .. Follow our Blog at http://ganymede-thailand.b…
-
If anyone is interested in golf, The Royal Trophy between some of the best Asian players against some of the best European players (led by Ryder Cup-winning captain Colin Montgomery) is currently underway in Hua Hin till Sunday. The Asian team includes two 19 year olds who are cuter than most of the boys in the any of the bars. Ryo Ishikawa is a mega star in his native Japan and already a multi-millionaire (is there a word for teenager with tens of millions?). His Korean counterpart Noh Seong Yul could easily walk into any Korean boy band and be its star The match is live on ESPN Star Sports.
-
Recently some were lamenting the decline of this site. It would seem that with posters like Fountainhall an others we have nothing to worry about. He posts some interesting topics and does a good job with the presentation. Keep it rolling.
-
Flying to Hong Kong this afternoon, I started to wonder if other posters have experienced problems when they take their Thai bfs with them on overseas holidays. I am thinking not of cultural differences as much as the looks you and your partner might sometimes attract, especially if there is a large age difference. Not to beat about the bush: older white guy, younger Asian - no doubt, dirty old man with prostitute. I have always had younger partners; yet, I guess it was only about 8 years ago that I first became aware of the age issue. Mostly, my bfs were thrilled to be travelling and too busy looking at new sights and enjoying new experiences to notice what other peo…
-
- 3 replies
- 2.1k views
-
-
JC Taxi 087-449-4815 chairoyal_999@hotmail.com I use them often to get a full van and it is about 1200-1500 baht. They go from Bangkok to Pattaya or vice versa for 1300. They have new and clean cars. The drivers are nice but not perfect English. However, they always know where they are going.
-
- 0 replies
- 1k views
-
-
Many thanks to all those of you who have posted here, called and emailed with praise for OUTiT. I am very happy to report that the magazine is an instant hit and will be published every month. Any story ideas or comments are warmly welcomed. Best wishes, James Barnes Editor-in-chief OUT in Thailand Magazine http://www.out-in-thailand.comJames Barnes Posts: 1 Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:28 pm Private message
-
The Bondi Beach Bar 3 KINGS DAY fundraising bash on 6 January to benefit the HIV/AIDS preventive efforts of TAKE CARE!! was truly a grand success. Playing before a cheek-to-jowl crowd, house favorites Willie and Mandy provided the opening entertainment followed by the sexy dancing coyote boys from NAB Disco. What a warm up for the talented foursome of Glamour, Miss J J, Lucy Lastic and Dolly John, with the gorgeous Mistress-of-Ceremonies Divina Sparkle!!! What more could you ask for!!! Ending the evening was the lucky ticket raffle and the hand bag auction which generated 35,000 baht for TAKE CARE!! to start off the year with a bang. TAKE CARE!! is most grateful to …
-
- 1 reply
- 1.1k views
-
-
I have a NZ friend who has settled into Australia and is entitled to seniors care. He is not a well man and each day takes 17 different tablets, all of which are supplied free by the Government. I estimate worth over 30,000 baht per month. Medical visits, hospitalization ,monthly blood tests and regular scans are all free. On my last visit to Pattaya, a Brit expat who has lived in Pattaya 20+ years was complaining that his disability insurance is not covering everything as he expected. An operation left him 5000 pounds out of pocket and he was outraged. He is seriously considering returning to the cold bitter weather of the UK as his savings are being depleted…
-
Recently I posted for a young guy visiting asking was Grindr available in LOS. A uni student who is a regular visitor had enrolled me but I did not confirm my email, so the last few days has been my introduction. Yesterday I received a message with a link to youtube which for those who have not seen grindr yet, will be interesting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r269RrmP7fE In the local gay press this week is a big ad indicating gaydar has launched a similar product. My first use of grindr yesterday was fantastic. Not sure whether I will be a regular but I am most impressed. After discovering I was not live I sent the email.Yesterday we went for lun…
-
- 1 reply
- 1.2k views
-
-
As I occasionally walk amongst the evening street markets on Silom and Sukhumvit, there’s one question that keeps bugging me. Every time I see reports of society ‘dos’ in newspapers and magazines, I wonder why do people – lots of people – shell out vast sums for one consumer luxury that is in reality worth only a tiny fraction of its purchase price? I refer to the clearly not-so-humble wristwatch. I’d love to be the Marketing Director for Rolex. He (or perhaps she) will have a hundred millions dollars or more to spend worldwide each year – not just to market a specific line of watches, but on the overall brand itself. Think about it for a moment. Rolex sponsors the ma…
-
Oops, seems Thailand is in trouble again over fakes. http://notthenation.com/2011/01/world-pizza-council-revokes-pizza-company’s-use-of-word-pizza/ (Before responding, check the website carefully )
-
I was in one of the best run bars in Pattaya tonight and the boys pointed out to me a special that started in January. It is FREE Deserts. If you order certain drinks, I had coffee, they brought me over a handmade cake. It was yummy! Ya continues to come up with great ideas for the bar! For those of you than want a free Desert, go to Yaya between 6-8 each night and partake in this delicious pleasure! Keep up the great work Ya!
-
The world of classical music is usually regarded as something of a ‘straight’ hangout. Very few musicians are openly gay, it seems, even though some are known in the business to be so. Recently in Thailand we had the case of the Russian conductor who is gay, although this was not generally known to the public. French pianist Jean-Yves Thibaudet has never hidden his sexuality, and neither has British pianist Stephen Hough, who once had a recital in Hanoi cancelled when it became known to the government that he was gay. Now one musician has really shaken things up. Canadian conductor Yannick Nézet-Séguin was recently appointed as Music Director of one of the ‘Big Five’ …