Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gay Thailand

This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.

  1. Started by MrBill,

    Thai type weather in Michigan this week, so trying to keep cool at the computer, wishing I was back in Pattaya. Anyway, I came across 4 different profiles on GR that made the same statement, albeit not always in the exact same words. Basically the writers made the statement in their profiles, "All farang not know when enough is enough." Anybody got a clue what that is supposed to mean? Different boys, different locations, different ages, same message. I've also seen that same sort of statement once in a profile on Camfrog but the boy signed off before I could ask what it meant. Just curious with nothing better to do at the moment.

    • 9 replies
    • 2.4k views
  2. I'm planning on spending more time in Thailand than the usual 2-3 week vacation a few times a year. Yes, I'm from the USA, so I need to take that into consideration. So guys, what bank in Thailand do you use and why did you choose that one? Any regrets? Thanks for your input!

    • 14 replies
    • 3.7k views
  3. Guest travelerjim
    Started by Guest travelerjim,

    Ibis Hotels Sale Thailand..THB 99net...ASAP! Found this on Flyertalk.com...ACT QUICKLY Book Not Later Than July 4th online... Ibis Hotels Thailand at ONLY THB 99 net Until 4 July book a room at only THB 99 net! More than 10,000 rooms on sale at THB 99 in Phuket, Pattaya, Samui and Bangkok. Don

    • 2 replies
    • 1.8k views
  4. Started by Smiles,

    The throbbing gay nightlife of Hua Hin just got a bit more throbbing-er with the Grand Opening of the newest gay bar in town: 'LITTLE CHOICES' It's been open some months now, but the owner ('Skip') put some Baht into the place to brighten it up and make it more inviting from the street. Not a host bar as such, there are still quite a number of handsome Thai guys hanging around most of the time ... enough to keep your offing skills honed to a sharp edge. 'Oh' behind the bar aims to please, and a pool table in the back will help you with getting to know the customers, the employees, and the ready-willing-and-able (whom I assume are not too little, er, choices.) …

    • 5 replies
    • 5.1k views
  5. Guest Yaya
    Started by Guest Yaya,

    Sunee's very own economic stimulus package.

    • 19 replies
    • 4.4k views
  6. Guest FanOfThailand
    Started by Guest FanOfThailand,

    To tip or not to tip. That is the question. Tis be nobler in the minds of men

  7. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    Understanding where people actually go on their holidays might be a nice complement to the question of "Would you visit Thailand if all the gay bars closed". Please tick all boxes that apply. The "mind your own business" answer is achieved by not voting. So we don't need any advice on that front. I also appreciate some other contributors might have put different destinations in the poll (limit is 20 max).

    • 6 replies
    • 2k views
  8. Guest Mark7711
    Started by Guest Mark7711,

    July KRAZY OFFERS to run through the slow month of July like June was so busy hope you find one that takes your fancy. Mark

    • 2 replies
    • 2.1k views
  9. Started by PattayaMale,

    Geezer and I had dinner together a few days ago at Chez Vicki and it was fantastic. There is a new chef that gets the meals out on time. The food we had was marvelous. New waiters speak very good English. Waiter Gak said he watches BBC to learn his English. So improved, I have eaten there 3 out of 6 days. Their 290 Baht (Soup, salad, Main is great value for the delicious meals) If you were turned off by the service before, give it another try. Very good...and handsome waiters. Vicki said that Sunday (?) she was going to preform after a set choice dinner. The dinner and show I think will be 690 baht.....not sure but I will check

    • 24 replies
    • 4.7k views
  10. Guest kjun12
    Started by Guest kjun12,

    Do any of you use a cardiologist (who you are willing to recommend) at either Bangkok Hospital or Bumrungrad in Bangkok?

    • 7 replies
    • 2.7k views
  11. Started by Gaybutton,

    I was going to do this as a poll, but it got too complicated. We've discussed the pros and cons of using personals sites such as Gay Romeo. Now I'm wondering how many of you actually use Gay Romeo and/or other sites for hookups. Of course, there are plenty of personals sites out there besides just Gay Romeo, so please let us know which site(s) you are talking about. It wouldn't hurt to provide the URL for those sites in case other users are not familiar with them. Gay Romeo is: http://www.gayromeo.com I'm wondering about the kinds of use these sites are actually getting from us. I use it quite regularly, both for hookups and often enough just to browse. I…

    • 25 replies
    • 11k views
  12. Guest travelerjim
    Started by Guest travelerjim,

    NEW PG Weekly Report... for 14 days.. June 28, 2010 online Weekly report on Thailand activities (select June 28th) Pattaya News EVENT REPORTS & NEWS

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  13. Started by PattayaMale,

    I see Boystown has some events planned for July 4. Any others? Anyone celebrating?

    • 14 replies
    • 2k views
  14. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    Last year I opened a savings account at the Kasikorn bank. Very professional they were too. This evening I tried logging in (just to see if there was a mobile phone top up option), but had a logon problem, which caused the account to get locked. There were 2 alternative numbers to call, but when I selected the correct one the guy was very helpful & e-mailed me a new password after asking some security questions. Very efficient. Some UK banks insist on posting passwords. Their website seems as good as any bank I have tried. Anyhow, there is a mobile phone payment option for AIS, which is the same as 1-2 call. What seems to be missing is an IBAN o…

    • 9 replies
    • 2.8k views
  15. Guest RichLB
    Started by Guest RichLB,

    I've never written a Congressman before, but thought I'd give it a try. I've just sent the following message to my Congressman and think others might want to write a similar one to their own. Dear Congressman, I have an issue of concern to me and several other US Citizens. Although a California resident (and a voting one!!!) I live most of the year in Thailand. I am over 65 and therefore enrolled in Medicare and also carry supplementary health insurance. As you are undoubtedly aware, Medicare does not cover medical costs when outside the US. Since I have paid into the system my entire working life, it does not seem equitable to me to be excluded from covera…

    • 29 replies
    • 7k views
  16. Started by Gaybutton,

    I really cannot call this a restaurant "find" because it's been there for over a year already and many of you have already tried it. Last night I finally tried it too. I'm sorry I waited so long. Everything about this restaurant is superb. The food is excellent, the staff perfectly trained and attentive without being overbearing, beautiful ambiance, and a marvelous dining experience. For smokers, they even have a separate dining room just for you. Rather than try to describe everything, I'm going to refer you to their web site at: Alois Restaurant What they don't have on their web site is their nightly set menu. Last night the choices were a fish, pork, …

    • 8 replies
    • 1.9k views
  17. Started by Bob,

    Rather than insert it in the other post which first dealt with money issues, I thought I would start a new topic. The question I put to the Embassy was basically whether they would honor a Thai will (both as to dispostion of remains and disposition of property) or would their defined "next-of-kin" have the right to make such choices. They answered by email in less than 24 hours. Here it is: The U.S. Embassy will follow the wishes of a deceased American citizen according to the deceaseds legal will. If your will is considered a legal document in Thailand, and the will lists an executor, we would follow the will and take direction from the executor named in the lega…

    • 29 replies
    • 5.1k views
  18. Started by Gaybutton,

    Every year in Thailand, all banks close for a banking holiday on July 1. This affects only banks. All government offices will be open. ATMs will be working and mini-branches, usually located in shopping centers, will be open. Most banking transactions can be done at mini-branches, but since main branches will be closed you can expect long lines at the mini-branches. If you are expecting to receive money via foreign transactions or direct deposit on July 1, the funds will not appear in your Thai bank account until Friday, July 2.

    • 0 replies
    • 1.2k views
  19. Guest RichLB
    Started by Guest RichLB,

    Just FYI since I haven't tried either of these. On Sunday's Oliiers is offering a barbeque pork, beef, fish, mussels, shrimp fare for 399 Baht. Wednesday is advertised to offer cous cous for 399. Both menues come with the normal salad/soup bar.

    • 0 replies
    • 1.2k views
  20. Started by Gaybutton,

    This evening I paid a visit to Pattayaland. I had heard that the Bubbles Bar had closed and I decided to see for myself. Yes, it indeed is closed, but it won't be closed for long. I was able to find out that it will soon reopen under new farang ownership and management. I spoke with the owner of the Café New Orleans restaurant, right next door. He said quite a bit of money is being invested in remodeling. What I do not yet know, and neither does he, is just when it will reopen or whether the name of the bar will be changed. The best anyone was able to tell me about when the bar will reopen was 'a few weeks.' Personally, I hope the first thing they do is ge…

    • 10 replies
    • 2.9k views
  21. Started by PattayaMale,

    Last night after having ribs at Cherry's, a farang friend and I went to see the Deep Splash bar over by the Avenue. Instead of going inside the hotel where they have a large lounge bar, we were told to take the outside elevator up to floor 3. I found the bar to be attractive. It has very modern furniture, mostly white. They also have 2 large patios with table and chairs for the smokers, so the 3 story air conditioned inside is smoke free. After having a drink, mojito (is that spelled wrong), my farang friend and I went to Boyztown. I met a guy and felt it was a bit too early to go home so asked if he wanted to get a drink at Deep Splash since Friday is "gay" night…

    • 3 replies
    • 1.5k views
  22. Click the link for photos _____ Pattaya Water Crisis Looms? On Thursday Afternoon, we made our way to the Maprachan Reservoir located on the Eastern outskirts of Pattaya following an email received from a local resident who informed us that despite the daily rainstorms here in Pattaya, the water level at the Maprachan Reservoir, one of the main sources of water here in Pattaya, is at a critically low level. We were shocked to see that the reservoir is now virtually non-existent. Pattaya Water Crisis Looms? | Pattaya One News __________ City officials keep saying there is no crisis and there is plenty of water. They say that the reservoir is not the onl…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.4k views
  23. Started by PattayaMale,

    I have a great video that is on Facebook about things to do in Cambodia. I want to copy it to Gaythailand. If I copy the link it sends you to Facebook and I know many don't have an account. Anyway to work around this?

    • 0 replies
    • 1.2k views
  24. Started by kokopelli,

    I wish to get a professional made photo of myself and the bf which I will later have painted as a portrait. Does anyone know on a photo studio that does portraits. It does not have to up scale, just some place that has decent lighting and some background drops, etc and knows how to pose subjects.

    • 4 replies
    • 1.9k views
  25. Guest pingalicker
    Started by Guest pingalicker,

    Does anyone know the date for the Thai holiday "La Kathroung" this year. I know I'm miss-spelling the name, and I can never pronouce it correctly either. But it is the Thai holiday usually held the first week in November where Thai's and farang go to the nearest body of water to celebrate. Don't want to miss it. It is just wonderful, exciting and so much fun. The first time I expiernced it was two years ago, on the last day of my trip. I stayed at Jomtinmen beach until the last minute before rushing back to the hotel to check out and catch my taxi to the airport. Last year I enjoyed a bar-b-que on the beach with my boyfriend, then danced to the disco on the beach, went t…

    • 7 replies
    • 1.9k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.