Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gay Thailand

This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.

  1. Started by TotallyOz,

    I have 3BB and have really gotten great results from them. My average Internet speed is 13.92 MB/S. I remember back in the days when I was lucky to get 1 MB/s. Are others consistently getting good Internet in LOS? I am using 3BB in Pattaya and in a condo. What are others getting? I got the below by using SpeedTest.net to San Francisco.

    • 3 replies
    • 1.8k views
  2. Started by Gaybutton,

    First, let me point out that I have not yet been able to substantiate this. What I do know is most major businesses in Pattaya have closed. I received a message just a few moments ago at 8:00pm, from a farang friend. What he told me is his boyfriend had just received a call that Thai television is announcing that Pattaya is now under the 8:00pm to 6:00am curfew. Again, I cannot substantiate that. If I , or if someone else can beat me to it, please post once it is positively known whether this is true or just rumor.

    • 14 replies
    • 3k views
  3. Thailand's capital Bangkok remains tense after a night under curfew, following a deadly army assault on anti-government protesters. Gunshots were heard early on Thursday near a temple where many red-shirt protesters had sought shelter. Some 27 buildings had been set ablaze after protest leaders surrendered, and pockets of resistance remain. Some 40 people had died since troops ringed the protesters last week, with at least 14 more deaths on Wednesday. Reuters news agency quoted a spokesman for Bangkok's governor as saying there were 31 fires on Thursday morning. There are fears that Central World, one of South-East Asia's biggest shopping centres, coul…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  4. Guest boy
    Started by Guest boy,

    Hi to everybody, I have red the former thread "Brief summary of Boyztown bars in Pattaya" and would like to know what is the situation at Sunee Plaza, i.e. which is your impressions of the various at Sunee. (sorry for my english - my mother-tongue is swiss-german) Thanks everyone for their comments. Best regards, boy

    • 1 reply
    • 1.4k views
  5. Guest dale1
    Started by Guest dale1,

    My CAMFROG is set for Thailand ........ can someone give me step by step instructions as to how to change it to other countries .... being sure that I can change it back to Thailand ....... thanks.

    • 5 replies
    • 3.9k views
  6. Guest luvthai
    Started by Guest luvthai,

    Arrest warrents for Thaksin and nine others charging them with terrorism have been issued. Most countries will arrest and deport terrorists so am not sure where Thaksin will chose to hide now. Posted on Thai Visa:

    • 4 replies
    • 1.7k views
  7. Started by TotallyOz,

    7-11 and everywhere is now closed in Pattaya. The BF had to get some cigarettes for himself and the many Thai boys now stuck for the night in our place. They had to pay 100 baht for them and that was after they were able to talk them down. I sent him to the ATM as someone said they would be closed next 2 days and I wanted to be sure I had some cash. He said there was a group of red shirts gathered out of Carrfour. I wonder if other prices are going to go high?

    • 0 replies
    • 1.5k views
  8. This was published less than ten minutes before I'm posting. I hope today won't play out this way, but here is what is being said. At the moment, it's 8:20am, Wednesday, May 19 in Thailand. There are reports that gunfire has already broken out. __________ Gen Lertrat: Govt to Crackdown on Reds Published: 19/05/2010 at 08:11 AM The reinforcement of armoured vehicles and troops in Silom and Saladaeng areas early this morning showed that the government will today use force to crackdown on red-shirt protesters at Ratchaprasong intersection, Gen Lertrat Rattanavanich, an appointed senator, said on Wednesday. “It is likely that the government wants to rapid…

    • 3 replies
    • 1.8k views
  9. Started by Gaybutton,

    Apparently the protest is far from over, even if the military successfully re-takes the streets of Bangkok. Let's post the latest news items on this thread since the other threads are getting quite lengthy. ____________________ Battle Rages On By The Nation Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva last night defended the government's protest-containment policy, arguing it was the best way to address Bangkok's security situation. The premier insisted there would be no turning back, although Natthawut Saikua, one of the protest leaders, asked for an immediate cease-fire and a return to the negotiating table. Yesterday saw deadly clashes between security for…

    • 25 replies
    • 5.7k views
  10. HeyGay got it right when he said in one thread that there are some very sexy boys around in the bars. I am always on the look for hot guys and saw so many last night that I had to rest my tongue today from it wagging all night. I spent some time in about 8 GoGo bars last night and in every one of them, I found at least one hot sexy guy that I would love to spend more time with. I hope this trend keeps going and that more find their way to Pattaya.

    • 79 replies
    • 22.5k views
  11. I want to get some nice silk shirts hand made by a tailor. What is the best place for this in Pattaya? I also want a nice suit. I need it for my trip to USA coming up soon. Any suggestions for this? If you have tailors you use, please give me location to the best of your ability as I would appreciate as much info possible. Thanks.

    • 16 replies
    • 5.4k views
  12. Started by TotallyOz,

    It is interesting to see that the government can just go and freeze assets for anyone associated with the Red movement. I wonder if this same thing would work in the USA? Perhaps all Republican funds can be frozen until after the next election? Or, at least until after the new Supreme Court confirmation. This from the Nation: To the government, which seems to believe that the red-shirt movement cannot function without huge financial support, the measures - announced with-out much fanfare - is supposed to be a big blow to the protesters, who already face grave logistical pressures. The financial "blacklist" (full list on 14A) includes Thaksin, his…

    • 8 replies
    • 2.5k views
  13. Guest RichLB
    Started by Guest RichLB,

    This just arrived in email and thought it might be useful to some here. EMERGENCY AMERICAN CITIZEN SERVICES - NEW TEMPORARY LOCATION The U.S. Embassy in Bangkok has set up a temporary location to provide emergency and very limited routine Consular Services to U.S. Citizens. If you do not need your service right now, please wait until we reopen our Embassy facilities. You must bring your original documents (when available). If at all possible, please bring a photo copy of each of those documents as well. Many of the forms are available on-line. Please print out and complete your forms. Bring the completed forms with you. This will help us serve mor…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  14. Guest HappyBoys
    Started by Guest HappyBoys,

    Every one is invited Monday evening to Celebrate Khun A's Birthday. Buffet, Birthday Cake and lots of fun Soft drinks 89 baht Alcoholic drinks 99 Baht

    • 3 replies
    • 1.7k views
  15. Seh Daeng was not expected to survive, but now that he has been pronounced dead and now that the Red-Shirts have been informed, it remains to be seen what, if any, kind of retaliation will follow. __________ Seh Daeng Pronounced Dead at 9:20 am Maj Gen Khattiya Sawasdiphol, the controversial Army specialist, was pronounced dead at 9:20 am. The director of the Vajira Hospital, Chaiwan Charoenchokthawwee, announced his death at a press conference. Seh Daeng pronounced dead at 9:20 am

    • 1 reply
    • 1.3k views
  16. Guest RichLB
    Started by Guest RichLB,

    Just received the following email and if anyone goes, it'd be nice to know what was shared. .............. You are invited to attend a Town Hall meeting on Tuesday. Ambassador Eric G. John, along with other officials from the Embassy, will be present to discuss the current situation in Bangkok. The Town Hall meeting for American citizens only will be held on Tuesday, May 18, 2010 at 2:00 p.m. at the S31 Hotel, 545 Sukhumvit 31, Bangkok, in the large ballroom. The S31 Hotel can be reached at 66-2-260-1111, or at http://www.s31hotel.com. Bring your passport or other form of U.S. citizenship! You must present proof of U.S. citizenship at the door in ord…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.6k views
  17. Guest RichLB
    Started by Guest RichLB,

    A friend sent me this link and I thought the rest of you might like to check it out. Thailand: "The protest has turned into a rebellion or insurrection" - Boing Boing

    • 2 replies
    • 1.8k views
  18. Guest gorcum
    Started by Guest gorcum,

    I spend from November till April in Pattaya. I would like to take two or Three times a week Thai lessons at a place that is flexible enough for me to go away for a week or so. any recommendations?

    • 3 replies
    • 2k views
  19. Guest josan
    Started by Guest josan,

    Does anyone have suggestions about how to register at Baht Stop? I have followed the directions two times and nothing happens. Is this an 'invitation site' only?

    • 6 replies
    • 2.3k views
  20. Started by TotallyOz,

    I made a major mistake yesterday and accused my boyfriend of lying to me about something he did not lie about. He smiled as he knew he was right and that I would "investigate." I did and he was 100 percent on the mark. Between that and him beating me in Chess this week (his first win in that game), his slaughter on the bowling alley last week and my mistake I have a lot of making up to do. What is the best way to eat crow while maintaining you good intentions. He knows it is coming and is happily waiting for the time.

    • 14 replies
    • 2.8k views
  21. Guest RichLB
    Started by Guest RichLB,

    I've been trying to figure out what I uld do if I was Abhisit. Here are some un-thought-out ideas I've come up with and welcome any reactions or other ideas. 1. I'd schedule an UNCONDITIONAL early election. This would take some steam out of the Red Shirts and no matter who prevails in this struggle, those elections will have to be held anyway. 2. I'd pull all troops away and announce that any government intervention will only be used to resume normal traffic flow and resumption of business. 3. I might just resign. Sure, it will give Thailand a bad rep for being subject to mob rule, but is that any worse than what's happening now? And, if it escalates to…

    • 15 replies
    • 3.1k views
  22. Guest HeyGay
    Started by Guest HeyGay,

    A rogue soldier and de facto military chief of Thailand's red shirt protest movement Shot Dead. The chief military advisor of Thailand's anti-government protesters was injured in the head, after an explosion and bursts of automatic gunfire were heard near Bangkok's business district on Thursday night.Khattiya Sawasdipol, a suspended army specialist in charge of security at an encampment occupied by thousands of "red shirt" demonstrators, was admitted to an intensive care ward after being shot, said the state Narenthorn Emergency Medical Service. Red shirt military advisor wounded in Thai capital - Yahoo! News

    • 41 replies
    • 7k views
  23. Started by Gaybutton,

    One of the questions that keeps popping up is what is keeping the baht so strong with all these problems going on. Maybe that strength's days are numbered: _____ Investors begin buying back dollars Published: 15/05/2010 More foreign investors have sold off some shares and bought US dollars due to the escalating political violence, Bank of Thailand (BOT) assistant governor Suchada Kirakul said on Saturday morning. Investors begin buying back dollars ____________________ Baht Weakens on Concerns over Renewed Violence: BoT BANGKOK (TNA) -- The baht has continued weakening because investors are concerned over the renewed violent clashes between the…

    • 1 reply
    • 1.8k views
  24. Guest PattayaGayTV
    Started by Guest PattayaGayTV,

    Maximum red faces - Good news from Thailand After all these bad news from Bangkok (not Thailand) we are happy to provide you some good news what makes you maximum red faces. Pattaya GAY TV Please enjoy our report about "Pattaya Pride Rear 2010" in Copa Show Bar and the first Charity Dinner of Pattaya Pride in Pagoda Restaurant Your team from Pattaya Gay TV Pattaya GAY TV Thailand GAY TV

    • 0 replies
    • 1.7k views
  25. As of the time of this post, Seh Daeng is still alive. The only statement I have been able to find as to the prognosis is that the bullet has successfully been removed from his head, but he remains in critical condition and doctors are still not sure if they can save him. Meanwhile, Thaksin has condemned the shooting and is in touch with Seh Daeng's daughter. Veera, one of the Red-Shirt leaders, has resigned, saying the Red-Shirt leadership is divided as to whether to continue the protest. He wants the protest to end. I have not yet seen any reports as to whether the Red-Shirt leadership is planning retaliatory moves following the Seh Daeng shooting. I h…

    • 17 replies
    • 3.2k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.