Gay Thailand
This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.
Subforums
11,067 topics in this forum
-
NEW PG Weekly Report June 2, 2010 online... Weekly report on Thailand activities (select June 2 and click to read) Pattaya News EVENT REPORTS & NEWS
-
I am a VERY regular person to get the extra screening at airports when returning from abroad and especially Thailand. Today was no exception. I was sent for the extra screening and they searched everything I own (typical and they have never found anything inappropriate). But, today for the first time the guy asked me to turn my hand over and he felt my pulse and measured my heart rate while he was asking questions. I was stunned. I didn't know what to say or do. I answered all his questions as truthfully as I could. He asked if I went to Thailand to visit ladies, did I have a girl living with me, etc etc. It seems after 50 or more extra searches and me …
-
- 8 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
The Pattaya Players (home of Pattaya's Professional Amateurs) are proud to announce their summer production entitled, "Loot” on June 11-12, 2010. This full-length play written by Joe Orton and directed by Duane Hauch features a cast of six talented thespians. This classic black comedy promises a laughter-packed evening that rarely errs on the side of either taste or decency -- as sex, religion and unorthodox policing methods combine in a furious, funny and irreverent farce. Hal and Dennis (played by Doug Heron and Chris Parsons respectively) have robbed a bank next door to their undertaker’s quarters - but where should they hide the money? They find the perfect place –…
-
On several threads the topic of what we like and don't like in the gay venues are scattered about. How about us putting them all together. Some Pans 1. There seems to be universal dislike for loud music. I suppose there might be some isolated younger customers who enjoy being blasted, but I've yet to find anyone who does. Turn down the music! 2. Lights flashing in customers' eyes. If I go to a bar to ogle the boys, I want to see the boys, not strobe lights making them virtually impossible to see. 3. I suppose I may be in the minority, but I find the faces of the guys and their bodies the major attraction for me. Waving willies are sort of fun to se…
-
- 20 replies
- 4.3k views
-
-
Yaya nearing completion with opening on Saturday. Question: Would it be worthwhile to install complimentary Wifi in the bar? Some input would be helpful. Thanks you. Already decided: Yaya will have a free internet station for patrons to use for checking their emails, etc.
-
-
Last night I decided to go to Funny Boys. Sunday I did the SPI party thing, and was looking for a different experience. Those that know me know I don't go out very often...this week seems to be an exception. ANYWAY.....I enjoyed Funny Boys last night and noticed they had some new faces. To celebrate my night out, I bought a bottle of Whiskey and invited a few boys at a time to have a shot glass while I drank diet coke. What worked that night for me was to invite a boy over and let him invite another over. The thing that surprised me though, is that a few boys there were from Bangkok. Those I did briefly talk to claimed that they could not find work after fini…
-
I was watching Al Jazzera talk about illegal immigration in the USA. One Congressman brought up the idea of using the social security card with the persons picture on it. When a person goes gets a driver's license, opens a bank account, sign a loan, signs a rental contract, buys an airline ticket, etc.; this card would be swiped to help make sure a person is in the USA legally. It made sense to me and I thought about Thailand. Thailand has a national identity card for its citizens. For non citizens, we are required to go every 90 days and "report". If someone overstays their legal status. they are fined and arrested and deported. If I as a non citizen want to buy a ca…
-
June 1. ~ Onwards Gourmet Set Menu House Champagne *** Amuse Bouche *** White Wine Cackle Berry Chardonnay, Australia 2007 Goose Liver Terrine with potted Figs *** Cappucino of Cepes Mushroom Cream Soup *** Alaska King Crag Legs Ravioli in Ginger flavored Lobster Sauce *** Sherbet of mixed Berries *** Red Wine Kookaburra’s, Shiraz, Australia, 2007 Grilled Salmon Steak in Pernod Butter Sauce and Balsamico Asparagus -or- Roasted Beef Tenderloin with red Wine Reduction and Rosemary Potatoes *** Port Wine Zabayone with caramelized Peaches -or- Fine international Cheese Plate *** Coffee or Tea Cal…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
http://www.petitiononline.com/Thaksin/petition.html
-
Congratulations to Apichatpong Weerasethakul for his huge achievement in winning the Palme d'Or at Cannes. It's the first film from South East Asia to win one of the movie world's most prestigious awards. Khun Joe (as he is called) is both Thai and gay, and so I think qualifies for inclusion in this Board.
-
I just received this from the owner of Yaya.... YAYA TO OPEN Yaya, the newest beer bar in Sunee Plaza, is set to open its doors on Saturday 5 June 2010. For the past 4 weeks, Ya, the owner, has been supervising the renovations in the bar that was formerly Sundance. Included among the renovations are: a new bar with seating, updates to the lighting, fresh paint, and new bathroom. During the closure not only have the premises been updated, but the liquor has been well stocked and the boys refreshed and renewed. Also, Chef Yaya has been lovingly preparing a few special snack recipes to put on the menu. As a welcome to our new friends, during…
-
Come to Corner Bar's Texas Ho Down!
-
Curfew ends as security regained Published: 30/05/2010 The government has ended the curfew in Bangkok and 23 other provinces. Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva said the decision followed assurances from security forces that they had regained control following recent riots and a deadly crackdown in Bangkok and some other provinces that left 85 dead in the capital. The curfew, which had been in place since May 19, ended at 4am yesterday. Curfew ends as security regained
-
- 0 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
I would like to know if anyone has any experience with using the Kindle II in Thailand, and if they are able to download books directly via wireless. I have reviewed the other threads on kindle here on the board, but am interested in knowing if the wireless downloads work in Thailand. Amazon shows wireless service throughout Thailand. Looks like a great way to get books in Thailand that are up to date.
-
- 4 replies
- 2.4k views
-
-
Our dear friends and guests of Casa Pascal, Once again we are pleased to invite you to experience our new fabulous offer, the “Wine & Dine” Menu ( Schlemmer Menu )! And it is truly a sensational menu which goes with a stunning free flow wine offer ! This menu will be served every day for lunch & dinner. With culinary greetings, Pascal & Kim http:/www.restaurant-pattaya.com 038 723 660 4-Course “ Wine & Dine “ Menu With unlimited Wine only 790 B + APPETIZER Appetizer Plate with : Smoked Salmon, Prawn Cocktail, Parma Ham, Beef Carpaccio, roasted Pork Loin Salads & Garnishes or Caesar’s Salad SOUP Lobste…
-
Does anyone use online banking to pay for their Electricity and Water bills online? K Bank?
-
- 10 replies
- 4.1k views
-
-
One of Thailand's most important Buddhist holidays is Visakha Bucha, which falls on Friday, May 28 this year. Banks will be closed. The bars will also probably close, but I just screwed up about L'Olivier, so I won't say anything definite about the bars until I have a chance to check and make sure.
-
The street riots which culminated with the arson of Bangkok's central business district have been put down as inevitable. Both the ragtag red shirts' perpetrators of violence and the more organised armed "men in black" were no match for a uniformed army supported by armoured columns in the end. The 70-odd death toll so far from the Ratchaprasong-centred protests over the last two months exceeds each of the previous crises - the entwined Octobers of 1973 and 1976 and the straightforward pro-democracy uprising in May 1992. On the other hand, the arson attacks have set back the Bangkok-concentrated capitalist boom by at least a decade. The symbolic damage could be mo…
-
- 29 replies
- 5.7k views
-
-
AirAsia Announce Free Flights & Thai Bourse Expansion The Thai arm of the Malaysian owned AirAsia Group is planning an ambitious move to list the company on the Thai bourse during the first quarter of 2011. Despite the current market downturn in travel to and around Thailand, the budget carrier still aims to go ahead with their listing plan. . . . The 10,000 free tickets will be ‘up for grabs’ on the airlines website as of the 28th of May 2010 and are available to non-Thai’s only, for travel to Thailand between June and August 2010. AirAsia Announces Free Flights
-
- 0 replies
- 1.6k views
-
-
Spent a few hours in Boyztown last night. Had drinks in 3 bars. Wild West still has the best deal for 98 baht per drink before the show starts. IMHO, this is the best deal in Pattaya. Wild West has some cute guys and other than Funny Boys had the most on stage. There was on hottie that I would have been happy to spend time with. Funny Boys always is great. One of the best run bars in Thailand IMHO. Great atmosphere. Great ambiance. Great staff. Music is right level. It is clean and comfortable. Also went to one other bar and as it looked like the left overs from the streets, I'll not comment on it. Needless to say, you can go on any given night …
-
- 0 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
Court Issues Thaksin Terror Warrant Published: 25/05/2010 The Criminal Court on Tuesday approved the Department of Special Investigation's request for an arrest warrant for former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra on terrorism charges. The court approved the warrant after examining testimony given by DSI chief Tharit Pengdit, his deputy Pol Col Narat Savetanant and Pol Lt-Col Thawal Mangkhang, the DSI chief investigator, on Monday. Court issues Thaksin terror warrant ____________________ Curfew Extended for 4 Days Published: 25/05/2010 The cabinet agreed to extend the curfew in Bangkok and 23 other provinces to Friday night, Deputy Prime Min…
-
Baht weakens due to sharp sell-off Published: 26/05/2010 A sharp sell-off in stocks by foreign investors is pressuring the Thai baht to depreciate, Bank of Thailand's Financial Markets and Reserve Management Department senior director Wongwatoo Potirat said on Wednesday. "Foreign investors want to hold more dollars as they are worried about the public debt crisis in Europe and the North Korea and South Korea dispute," Ms Wongwatoo said. Baht weakens due to sharp sell-off
-
Per Thai Visa: Government charges a Briton in setting of World Center fires. Jeff Savage a resident of pattaya is accussed in the setting of the World Center fire. Video footage has been obtained that supports the charges.
-
- 21 replies
- 4.5k views
-
-
Sadness in Siam Small business owners mourn loss of livelihoods and even greater damage to the spirit of one of Bangkok's most popular shopping spots. Published: 24/05/2010 Pennisa Wongsricharoenrung looks across the table, her hands shaking and eyes red and glazed, thinking of fire. "The damage was so much worse than what I saw on TV. My first thought was, how can my family survive after our shops were destroyed?" she asks in a shaking voice. Her seven shops in Siam Square are now ashes, consumed along with 100 other small businesses in the blazes that shook the Ratchaprasong area last Wednesday. Sadness in Siam
-
- 21 replies
- 3.5k views
-