Gay Thailand
This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.
Subforums
11,067 topics in this forum
-
I found this database at Death of U.S. Citizens Abroad by Non-Natural Causes You can, for example, search for all US citizen deaths in Thailand in 2008. You get no names but you get the location and category of cause. It's chilling to see how many committed suicide, died on a motorbike, etc. There was even one execution! So, folks, no matter your country of origin, you'd best keep your affairs in order.
-
- 0 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
Despite Thailand's terrorism charges against Thaksin, apparently Interpol has made no moves to arrest him. Now the Thai National Anti-Corruption Commission is leveling charges that Thaksin submitted false assets declarations and the Thai Supreme Court has accepted the case. National Anti-Corruption Commission. Sounds almost as if an oxymoron is in there somewhere. ________________ Supreme Court Accepts New Assets Case Against Thaksin Published: 23/06/2010 The Supreme Court's Criminal Division for Holders of Political Positions has accepted for further proceedings the National Anti-Corruption Commission's petition alleging former prime minister Thaksin S…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
My question is very straightforward. How much money in U.S. dollars can I carry on my person when I take an exit flight out of Thailand? I am not interested in U.S. tax consequences and have every intention of declaring it on my U.S. Customs forms. I am also not interested in alternative methods of transferring the money or exchanging it into something other than cash. Someone told me that the Thai government limits how much money one can take out of Thailand regardless of the currency. So that's the only question I have - Does Thailand limit the amount of U.S. dollars I can carry out of Thailand when I depart Thailand and if so, what is the limit?
-
As I haven't seen it posted anywhere, a short posting to say that Googie, of Googie's restaurant fame which was in Soi Day Night has recently passed away. Details are somewhat sketchy.
-
The results of the "If ALL the gay bars were to close, would you still come to Thailand?" poll, so far, are very interesting to me. Most are saying they would continue coming to Thailand, bars or no bars. Now I'm wondering, assuming that for most gay men finding willing young gentlemen is at least one of your main reasons for coming to Thailand (or as TOQ pointed out - staying in Thailand), if there were no gay bars, how would you go about finding those willing young men?
-
Just read an article dealing with a new process called Sugaring. It is supposedly painless and has very good long term results. There is an office in Manila and the price seems really good. Has anyone tried this process?
-
I haven't been able to get back to LOS for almost 2 years now. Recently, I've seen some posts on Gay Romeo, RateFun and gboysiam that gave me wonder. These posts are all from boys (not sure if money oriented) who reference "Hi, High or Height" sex. Coming from the U.S.,my first thought was drugs, but then I remembered that before my first trip to Thailand I had chatted with a thai guy online who asked about me and I said I was a "fun loving guy" (in a purely innocent sense). Well, I discovered I had offended him and was told by another boy from Thailand that "fun" is used by the shy Thai boys to mean sex. With the stiff penalties for drug use in Thailand, I have a har…
-
In some old posts (in in recent one), a website www.gaybutton.com is mentioned, which is no longer available in the internet. Why did you (Gaybutton) discontinue the website? What about the book you were writing on?
-
- 8 replies
- 2.8k views
-
-
Has someone you loved and respected ever done something you consider despicable? If so, how did you deal with it? Did you try to forgive them? Did it permanently change your feelings for them?
-
- 32 replies
- 5.6k views
-
-
After yesterday's announcements that the Red-Shirts have accepted the Prime Minister's peace proposals, many of us breathed a big sigh of relief. Unfortunately, the first thing I'm seeing in the morning news is that sigh of relief turns out to be somewhat premature. The Red-Shirts have set conditions for full acceptance and have made it clear that the protests will continue until the Red-Shirt leadership is satisfied. ____________________ Acceptable if... By The Nation Published on May 5, 2010 Leaders of the Democratic Alliance against Dictatorship (DAAD) appear ready to accept Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva's five-point road map for national reconciliat…
-
Hi Guys, I'm due to arrive back in Pattaya for 2/3 months. Any recommendations on a high quality 1/2 bed condo? GT...I think I remember reading you stayed in VT 6? How was it? Given the low visitor numbers are there any bargains around right now?
-
I am currently in NYC in a very overpriced hotel the size of a shoebox. However, I am having a great time. I have been helping friends with the events of Broadway Cares / Equity Fights Aids events for this weekend. When I lived in NYC, it was one of my favorite weekend (other than the Black Party and Gay Pride Week). I had dinner with some friends from law school and caught up on old times as one of them is having a grandchild. OMG. I am getting old. I did not get to spend too much time in NYC this week but it was a fun weekend. It was so different from my weekends in LOS. What's your idea of the perfect weekend? Do you generally prefer unstructured time o…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
The mayor has just turned the lights on so the beach is now well lit at night and saftey is now assured by the 300 CCTV cameras now in place. Which brings up the question the do the cameras at Dongtan beach still work? How about the cameras that were installed in Sunee?
-
Open Auditions for Murder at Rutherford House Pattaya Players (Home of Pattaya's Professional Amateurs) is proud to announce auditions for its upcoming murder mystery performance of Murder at Rutherford House! There are parts for both male and female actors of all ages and auditions will take place at Indian By Nature Restaurant in Jomtien at 2:00 PM on Sunday, June 20, 2010. The performances will take place on September 10-11, 2010 (also at Indian By Nature). All interested parties both talent-wise and back stage should plan on attending. For further details and directions on how to find the audition space, please email us at pattayaplayers@gmail.com.
-
Hello, I'm a Thai guy 36 years old. I need someone can to help me. now I have a business about bar in Chiangmai 6 years ago and I still rent a buiding for my business.I need to buy this buiding but I can't to do it with a bank. So,I need to have someone that can to help me about buy the buiding. I will give-back about interest of it like with a bank for you.(or your offering) by use that buiding to be collateral. I must to use 4.5 millions baht and I will give back within 15 years.(private finance) If have someone interesting with this or want to know mor information. please contact me by email chitipat_ch@hotmail.com thank you for your kindnessly
-
I am not breaking up with my beloved. He and I get along great when I am out of LOS. However, my best friend in USA just broke up with his BF and is having a hard time. How do you recover from a bad break-up? The proverbial pint of ice cream? Quality time alone? Going out with friends? Getting laid? Going to the bars? What are your personal healing strategies?
-
- 8 replies
- 1.9k views
-
-
NEW PG Weekly Report June 16, 2010 ... Weekly report on Thailand activities (select June 16, click to read) Pattaya News EVENT REPORTS & NEWS
-
What documents are required for renewal of a retirement visa? I am confused on this topic.
-
- 21 replies
- 5.3k views
-
-
Taste of Thailand 9 days $999.00 from USA A Taste of Thailand from USA...to Thailand with optional extensions to Angkor Wat & Phuket Island Come on Over! Take the Taste of Thailand tour...see more of Thailand... then extend your return date to see more of what you really want :-) 9 days from $999* Includes airfare, fuel surcharges, great hotels, transfers, many meals, touring and more! A Taste of Thailand - Discount Travel Vacation Packages By Friendly Planet A Taste of Thailand Included Features * Round-trip airfare from Los Angeles via China Airlines including fuel surcharges (flight schedule) * Intra-Thailand transportation * Accommodatio…
-
The World Cup winning side receives a total of $31m. The runners-up will get $24m, semi-finalists $20m and the quarter-finalists $18m each. Teams that reach the second round will get $9m and even those eliminated in the group phase will receive $8m. Each team have already received $1m from Fifa towards their "preparation costs".
-
In the last few days I have needed help for a friend that I have previously written about on the board. On my way to the hospital, Traveler Jim, called me to see if he could offer any further help. He had already given me some wonderful contacts when I emailed a few weeks ago. After talking to him on the phone today, I started to think of all the help so many different expats have been to so many people that I know or know of. I think we are VERY fortunate to live in the midst of so many unsung heroes. If i would write a list of all the people it would be very long and unfortunately I might mistakenly leave out a name. I wish there was some way to acknowledge them…
-
- 2 replies
- 2.8k views
-
-
A couple of weeks ago, a friend and I decided to get a thai driver's license. We agreed to do this with a great amount of trepidation. The honest truth is that it was rather pleasant. Thanks to GayButton's article. GayButton's article describing the steps was fantastic. Followed it step by step and walked out smiling. RECOMMENDATION: Read GayButton's article before you go....life is easier. Oh yes, thanks GayButton!!
-
- 1 reply
- 1.4k views
-
-
I am currently in the USA on business, pleasure and family time. I have been in hotels for a bit and have had issues with Firefox on my Mac. Does anyone else use these with no trouble? If so, I think it may be a provider issue. Thanks.
-
Here is a good read from Newsweek:(saw on Thaivisa) Destruction of Thai
-
Due to strong storms out at sea, the Meteorology Department has issued a Tsunami Warning for Pattaya Bay for the next few days. The Pattaya Daily News reports that it is estimated there may be waves of up to 2 meters coming assure.