Gay Thailand
This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.
Subforums
11,067 topics in this forum
-
For all US expats who have had a total of more than $10,000 in Thai bank accounts or other security holdings during 2009 it is required to file form TD F 90-22.1 by June 30. There is a hefty penalty for failure to do so, but no fees or charges connected with the filing.
-
- 9 replies
- 2.1k views
-
-
Yesterday, I went to see a friend that has been in Chon Buri Hospital for a week so far. My friend told me that he is getting very good care. The doctors have explained what is needed, the nurses are caring and efficient, and the special medication he needs and could not immediately get at Pattaya Bangkok Hospital were immediately available. One of his Drs. is Philippe Suer (Heart2000). This was the first time I had been to Chon Buri Hospital and I was astonished by the over crowding. Patients filled the hallways with their hospital beds. Only fans to keep them cool. Some of the medical equipment looked liked it was from the Vietnam conflict era, complete with militar…
-
Is anyone familiar with Coconut Water (not coconut milk)? I understand that Thailand is one of the leading producers of this product. I recently read that coconut water is a better "hydration" fluid then sports drinks like Gatorade. Great for the day-after? Has anyone tried it? Is it readily available? Coconut water comes from young coconuts before they mature.
-
- 42 replies
- 7.5k views
-
-
HELP!!!!!! Am having some computer/internet/system problems and need to find someone who is knowledgeable with reasonable fees. Any recommendations of someone? If my memory serves me correctly, there was someone recommended a while back. But cannot find the post...the story of my life.
-
- 4 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
DSI vs Police It seems Thailand continues to embarrass its self. Police and DSI are arguing over who should translate into English the arrest warrant to Interpol. Also the Police implying that he does not think the arrest warrant be enforced anyway. The Government seems very divided
-
- 0 replies
- 1.6k views
-
-
I have been driving a motorbike in Pattaya for years and never had a motorbike driver's license. My Irish neighbor just started to drive one and he went to get a license. He passed the test, so I thought I would try also. For general information search the forum for the article posted by Gay Button on how to obtain a Driver's License. I failed the driving part of the test on my first try. There is a narrow curb elevated about 5" high and about 3 meters long you drive your motorbike along. I came off it. Actually everyone that did not pass, failed this part of the driving test. Today, I went back and passed. The key to pass seems that many people slow down too muc…
-
- 1 reply
- 1.4k views
-
-
Last night four of us ( 2 Thai and 2 Farang) went to Au Bon Coin for dinner. My second time there and will certainly not be my last. For starters, two had salad with crab, one had prawn cocktail and one had smoked salmon. We were all very pleased with our choices. Main courses; two had grouper with butter sauce, one had boeuf bourguignon and one had 5 hour lamb. I had the lamb on a previous visit and the guy who ordered it and I agreed that it could not have been better and the portion was huge. The guy who had the beouf could not finish it as the portion was large. 3 coffees and 2 desserts and water to drink for 3 and Sprite for one. There was the obligatory amus…
-
- 4 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
NEW PG Weekly Report June 9, 2010 online... Weekly report on Thailand activities (select June 9th and click to read) Pattaya News EVENT REPORTS & NEWS • Ambiance introduce a new "Getaway Package" • Amor Restaurant closed for renovations • "A taste of Olde England" Pattaya Pride Dinner at Manhattans JUNE 18 • Boyz Town celebrates the 4th of July • Boyz Town's two new early evening shows PHOTOS • Britannia Language School • Deep Splash – Friday June 11 • Funny Boys: Anniversary Party REPORT & PHOTOS • Ganymede Bar are having a party JUNE 18 • New Set Menu at the Ambiance Bistro • Open Auditions for Murder at Rutherford House • Panorama Saturday…
-
Hey guys, I will soon be in Kanchanaburi and am wondering if anyone knows of any gay establishments there, bars, massage etc.
-
- 3 replies
- 4k views
-
-
My pet peeve on gayromeo are facepics with sunglasses. Sunglasses can disfigure every face. I just can't decide if a face is cute or not if most of it is covered by sunglasses. Unfortunately, they seem to be quite popular. However, everyone has his preferences, are there people who find boys with sunglasses nice, sexy, attractive, cute or whatever?
-
Today I noticed a small butcher shop called Prime Beef. They are located on Central Road (Pattaya Klang) just past Soi 6, about a half a block before you get as far as Foodland, on the same side of the road, as you're headed toward Sukhumvit. I spoke to the owner. He has been there for 8 months and I never noticed this shop before today. He has all kinds of prime beef, ranging from steaks to prime rib, and at reasonable prices. He also has a store in Bangkok. If you're looking for good, aged, grain fed prime beef, you might want to stop in and have a look.
-
Well, the hammers have been put down. The paint brushes are dry. The electricians are napping. And the plumbers are all plumbed out. YAYA Bar will officially open tonight! The newest bar in Sunee. Oh...and for Jomtien's benefit, the boys ARE refreshed and renewed. Opening special: all single drinks are discounted 25% check us out at www.yaya-sunee.com
-
- 12 replies
- 2.7k views
-
-
An impoverished friend of mine needs to return to Los Angeles on July 23. As he lives in an isolated village in Northern Thailand without internet access he has asked me to research and purchase the lowest cost ticket(with his money) for him. I thought this would be easy, but after Googling "Cheap Airline Tickets" and discovering a seemingly endless list of web sites with varying degrees of confusion, I'm at a loss for the best way to do this and be assured he will actually have a ticket. Does anyone have any suggestions of where I might look and how to do this? I've never purchased an airline ticket online (having always used a travel agent) and am wary of the reli…
-
Ran across an ad for Fang Lagoon Homestay located in Fang District of Chaing Mai. Looks really interesting and wondered if anyone has heard of this place? They have different packages available and will pick up at airport.
-
Dear Pattaya, Phuket, Udon, and Khon Kaen Area American Citizens, The Consular Section of the American Embassy in Bangkok is pleased to inform you of a consular outreach visit to Pattaya, Phuket, Udon, and Khon Kaen in June 2010. Please come if you can! Consular staff will be available to provide services at the following dates and locations: PATTAYA: Tuesday, June 8, 2010, 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM at the Dusit Thani Pattaya, at 240/2 Pattaya Beach Road, Pattaya City, Chonburi, 20150, Thailand. Telephone: 03-842-5611. PHUKET: Monday, June 14, 2010, 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM at the Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort and Spa, at 333 Patah Road, Karon Beach, Phuket, Thai…
-
On the "Puffs and Pans for gay venues" thread one of the things being discussed is the music volume in Thailand's gay bars. I started this thread to see what the majority of opinions turns out to be. I think I covered most of it in the poll questions. If not, I put in an option for "other." Ok, let's see what everyone thinks.
-
- 50 replies
- 9.5k views
-
-
Dear Pattaya, Phuket, Udon, and Khon Kaen Area American Citizens, The Consular Section of the American Embassy in Bangkok is pleased to inform you of a consular outreach visit to Pattaya, Phuket, Udon, and Khon Kaen in June 2010. Please come if you can! Consular staff will be available to provide services at the following dates and locations: PATTAYA: Tuesday, June 8, 2010, 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM at the Dusit Thani Pattaya, at 240/2 Pattaya Beach Road, Pattaya City, Chonburi, 20150, Thailand. Telephone: 03-842-5611. PHUKET: Monday, June 14, 2010, 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM at the Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort and Spa, at 333 Patah Road, Karon Beach, P…
-
Government of Canada has lifted its travel advisory against Thailand, just a caution now. hope more people will visit Thailand again
-
It is really sad to see so many venues closing their doors. Amor has been a Pattaya icon for over 16 years. Amor is closing, supposedly for renovations. I do not know if or when Amor will reopen. I understand this evening was the last night. Wi's will be open through Saturday, June 5. Then he will close his doors for good. He says he will reopen when high season comes around, but not in the same location. He is looking at one location in north Pattaya. We're trying to convince him to also look in the Jomtien area. Mr. Wi told us that he will do his 275 baht dinner special one last time on Saturday, June 5. After that, he closes. I will post more detai…
-
- 32 replies
- 7.1k views
-
-
This bar, opened at least some 18+ years ago, and the only remaining gay bar in the area out of that soi with the remaining others, has now also closed. The building is boarded up and for sale/rent. Charmming (yes, with 2M) had some glamour in the early nineties-when it hosted most of the MIDWAY-magazine models. Visited this area to meet best friend yesterday-streets in BKK eerily quiet. It seems some of the karaoke bars in the soi near Liberty Hotel/Stax are also closed. Another gay area on the decline. Also the 2 short-time hotels I remembered of were closed/torn down and the other one renovated and turned into some kind of bungalow complex. Best friend knew of other h…
-
- 4 replies
- 2.4k views
-
-
Slurp Oysters - Fresh from France & Feast on succulent Canadian Lobsters! Fantastic Offer, only at Casa Pascal Fine Dining ! Reserve your seafood as only limited stock available. Jet- fresh live Fine de Claire Oysters no. 5 “ Served on Ice with Condiments “ “ Kilpatrick “ “ Mornay Sauce “ “ In Champagne Sauce “ ( The Choice is yours ! ) ½ Dozen 255 B 1 Dozen 485 B Jet- fresh live Canadian Lobster ( 700 gr. – 800 gr. ) Specially prepared for you as: “ Cocktail “ “ Salad “ “ Boiled “ “ Thermidor “ “ Champagne Sauce “ “ Flamed with Whiskey “ ( The Choice is yours ! ) Per…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
I am still interested in Tui's Place, but I am wondering how it looks from outside i.e. from the beach. If someone has a pic, thank you in advance for sending it <Kurt
-
This seems to be a terrible season for many businesses. Too few customers. But at least at one host bar the hosts don't seem to be helping themselves. I have visited Ganymede in Jomtien several times. It is a good space but I have never seen it to be very crowded. Last night in an effort to avoid the rain, 3 of us ran into Ganymede. We were very surprised to have a hard time ordering a drink because we were the only 3 customers. After sitting for a short while I went over to a group of hosts that were busy playing cards with each other. I asked "can we get a drink?" but it actually took a few seconds for them to decide who would wait on us! After we were fina…
-
- 9 replies
- 2.5k views
-
-
I read jokes like You very handsome,sexy man. = You look like you have a lot of money. on several websites, but this is new to me (found it on gayromeo): hello Thaiboy, you're sweet=let me grab your balls your English is very good=no need to waste time with conversation you're very smart=my valuables are locked in the safetybox do you live in Pattaya?=how close is your greedy family? do you have a job?=are you freelancer? you're sexy=I take you for one hour you're very sexy=I take you for one night you're hot=you just can't wait to get your pay you're very hot=your expectations in pay are exeggerated I arrived yesterday=I'll leave tomorrow here, for …
-
Went today 3 June 2010 at 10:30am. in and out in less than 10 minutes. Only 7 customers!!! Saw Barry Kenyon and asked about rumor re Googie. He said Irish Embassy said No death reported. Where are all the tourists?
-
- 1 reply
- 1.2k views
-