Gay Thailand
This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.
Subforums
11,067 topics in this forum
-
A charitable effort, sponsored by Oscar's bar, Boyz Boyz Boyz, Panorama Pub. and The Balcony Bangkok, is an annual affair known as the Teddybear Picnic. All stuffed toy donations will be sent to the following on December 22: Jing Jai Orphanage The Camillians - Rayong School for the Blind You can see the 'picnic' at Oscar's bar in Boyztown, Pattaya and if you have any stuffed animals to personally donate, it would be greatly appreciated. -photos by Nai
-
- 0 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
"Pattaya, Thailand will be hosting a week-long celebration to bring in the New Year that aims to attract a million visitors, generate 500 million baht in revenue and will be telecast across the world. “The event is part of [an extended] message sent overseas, saying Thailand is a good place to visit,” said the mayor of the tourist resort, Vittaya Khunpluem. “It will be the country’s biggest countdown celebration this year.” The popular Thai beach resort east of Bangkok is hoping to make this the beginning of an annual world-class event that attracts foreign visitors to the country"............Carrental.co.uk It seems a bit late to be just putting out this p…
-
Air Asia has a new promotion but you must book by Dec 19th. The paper called the promotion the somewhat racy Get Your Baht To Thailand but the Air Asia website calls it Mai Bhen Rai. Book now for free flights (taxes and surcharges extra, no free lunch). Get Your Baht To Thailand This is especially good for guys who need to do visa runs.
-
The baht to US dollar exchange rate has finally arrived at 35 baht to the dollar. I'll post the daily opening and closing rates on this thread for the time being and we'll see how it goes: Monday, November 24 OPENING RATES: US Dollar: 35.08 Euro: 44.105 British Pound: 52.045 Australian Dollar: 21.825 Canadian Dollar: 27.3875 __________ CLOSING RATES: US Dollar: 35.05 Euro: 44.36 British Pound: 52.445 Australian Dollar: 21.9925 Canadian Dollar: 27.5225
-
- 44 replies
- 7.1k views
-
-
Well, there is really a gay bar in Ubon. It is called Silver Pub, and is the NE area of town, on main roads and easy to find. Was there last night with boyfriend. Arrived about 8:30. About 9:00 they had "Coyote" dancers, I think about 11-12 all together. They started in levis and topless...and then later in the evening danced in tight shorts. There is a runway into the seating area, and three would dance there a few minutes, and then go to dance boxes in the seating area, with three new dancers on runway..and then repear. Not too bad. There was a wide mix of boys, but all looked to be legal..no babies. There were a couple that leaned toward ladyboy, but no co…
-
Today, 18 Dec., the NY Times published a photo of the new Prime Minister, Abhisit Vejjajiva, paying his respects to His Majesty by prostrating himself in front of HM. Or rather, a portrait of HM!
-
Following in the GB tradition of letting people know where good food can be found, I found a very good breakfast at one of my favorite places.........Cherry's on Third Road. I go to Cherry's for dinner and did not realize they served breakfast until today. The menu is one of those breakfasts from around the world (English, Swiss, American...). The only draw back is that they don't start serving it until 11am. I asked why they start so late...."Don't know" was the answer....still good though
-
China Air has some low fares and good promotions right now. Check it out........... China Air
-
After years of relatively stable prices, I noticed the cost of many goods and services in Bangkok starting to creep up in 2005. This year I have found many increases are in the 'whopping' category. I have been a member of a hotel health club near my apartment since 2000. When I got the renewal notice a few weeks ago, I was shocked to find the annual fee had risen by 25%. This has nothing to do with the recent demonstrations or the oil price mid-year, as the fee was hiked at the start of the year. I tried to negotiate, without success. So in these uncertain economic times, I reluctantly decided not to renew. Now I find that the hair salon I have been going to fo…
-
- 5 replies
- 1.9k views
-
-
Not too much is written here about the Pattaya all-ladyboy bars so thought I'd mention two very good bars both on Soi 13/1 aka Soi Yamoto. Note that some of these "girls" have silicon breasts and those that don't usually use hormones which can affect performance. LaBamba is an indoor host bar with quite reasonable prices. Alis, the mamasan, is quite the looker and is also quite big south of the border. She has put together a great staff of jai dee ladyboys. There's a happy "hour" everday from 8 till 9 with 60 baht bottles of beer. On the same soi is Stringfellows a gogo with somewhat higher prices but quite reasonable compared to many gogos. I know l…
-
Every year, Boyztown Pattaya hosts a Christmas Eve snowstorm. If you have a Thai gentleman with you, take him! The boys love it!!!
-
Up and down at Ambiance Guests of the Boyz Town hotel Ambiance will now no longer have to walk up and down the stairs as the newly-installed elevator is now up and running. The elevator, which is at the rear of the reception area, goes to all five floors of the hotel and is part of a five million Baht investment at Ambiance. As part of this investment all the rooms have been refurbished with new drapes, bedspreads, sofas etc. "The elevator will be a great advantage for our guests, especially those in the Penthouse suites on the fifth floor," added Jim. Over the road at Le Café Royale installation work of an elevator is underway and is due to be co…
-
- 6 replies
- 2.2k views
-
-
The following appears in the BANGKOK POST: _____ Airport Seizure: Never Again "We regret the incident and will not allow it to happen again," the newly elected prime minister Abhisit Vejjajiva told Thai tourism industry representatives. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- (BangkokPost.com) - Newly elected Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva said Wednesday he was sorry for the damage done to the country by the week-long occupation of Bangkok's two airports. He spoke just hours before he received a royal proclamation which officially appointed him as the 27th Thai prime minister. The Tourism Council of Th…
-
Frequently questions arise as to the cost of using Western Union to send money to your special friends in Thailand. For the answer, go to their website, www.westernunion.com and click on "prices". You can enter your location and the destination of the funds and the amount and you will get the cost of transfer plus the amount the receiver will get in Thailand. Yet, when in California I have always paid a $11 flat rate for funds transfer regardless of the amount (reasonable amount) but the website quotes a graduated rate beginning at $14/first $100 + $7/ additional $100.
-
Sunday, December 14, the PATTAYA PLAYERS PRESENT A DICKENS' CHRISTMAS CAROL—The last performance will be held on Sunday at 2 pm at the Bangkok Hospital Pattaya. The play is a traveling travesty told in two tumultuous acts directed by Duane Hauch. The tickets are only 300 Baht for adults and 200 Baht for Children (under the age of 12). Tickets may be purchased at the door or by emailing pattayaplayers@gmail.com. For more information go to http://www.pattayaplayers.org .
-
The following appears in THE NATION: _____ Prasong Tells Foreign Ministry to Revoke Thaksin's Passport Former foreign minister Prasong Soonsiri Tuesday demanded the Foreign Ministry permanent secretary to revoke all types of passports of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra. Prasong submitted the written demand to the permanent secretary and threatened to file nonfeasance charges against him if he refused to revoke Thaksin's diplomatic and ordinary passports. He reasoned that the Foreign Ministry's directives prohibited issuance passports to anyone who face criminal charges and Thaksin has already been sentenced to two-year imprisonment.
-
- 8 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
Yesterday my visa arrived and it made me realize that I have less than two (2) weeks before I land in the LOS. This will be the longest stay away from my home for me. I am a little nervous about staying away from home for so long, however, being in Thailand will not provoke too much homesickness. On this trip, I plan to meet more forum members and be a little more sociable. Usually, I am working and spending time with my bf. This time he decided not to come with me to Thailand and will stay home to work. Therefore, spending some time with the forum members may keep me out of trouble. Are there any social gathering coming up that are must attend events? …
-
Even though I have been coming to Thailand for many years before retiring here, I never had gone to Kho Samui. When I first checked for flights the only flights I found even going to Bangkok Air website was from Bangkok. A friend said they had flights from Utapao so I did a Google search and found the right Bangkok Air link. (I was looking for promotions on their site. When I did not, Utapao was listed). Since I was going to drive to Utapao, I tried to find a map. I went to Utapao web site and could not find one.Not finding one I called Bangkok Air. I asked if there was one on their website or could they tell me how to get there from Pattaya. I was surprised tha…
-
- 8 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
There is an excellent article in the BANGKOK POST that I found to be fascinating. If you've ever had a question about motorcycle taxis, this article probably addresses it. http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/investigat...ing-in-thailand
-
- 1 reply
- 1.4k views
-
-
My Thai teacher has me reading extremely simple short passages meant for Thai children. We focus on the pronunciation rather than the actual meaning of the words though so I'm really not following the story. So we get to next word, the English spelling being chagwow. I figure that since the meaning of many Thai words depends on the tone that it's not one of the few thai words that I actually know. So I ask my arjarn to repeat the word and it sure sounds like the word I know. I ask her what the word means and she says it has to do with flying a kite with "wow" being the kite and "chag" the up and down movement. So I tell her I know that word and we had a …
-
-
Well, I’m a planner so you’re getting a pre-trip report from me… For those that do not know, my first trip to LOS is in just two short weeks. For those that care I will post occasionally while I’m gone but, not the bulk of it until I return and compile things (including some pictures, I imagine). Forgive me but, I’m not going to post a “blow by blow” (pun intended) but, I will give you’ll a hint of my first-timer thoughts and reactions at few points during my trip. I think that posting a little, since I’m a Thailand virgin, is in order and may be entertaining to some. Here is a short itinerary. It’s not in stone yet and I don’t expect it to be. I’m going to allow m…
-
I have just met a guy that is very sweet. He is kind and considerate and handsome to boot. I would like to help this guy and am thinking English school would be a nice first step, but I think he would rather have money, a new phone, gold jewelry and material goods. Of course, I have popped for some clothes and a phone, but do not want to become the walking ATM. How does one work this out? I guess you need to set limits. One wants to be generous and please the boy, but often that leads to problems. Look at Gay Thailand’s situation where he had to clean house because the boys became lazy and would not take care of his basic needs. In short, guys will take advantage of a…
-
- 16 replies
- 2.3k views
-
-
The following appears in PATTAYA ONE: _____ New British Honorary Consulate Opens in Pattaya His Excellency Quentin Quayle, the British Ambassador to Thailand, officially opened a permanent office for the Honorary Consul on Monday morning in a brief ceremony in Soi 5 Jomtien. Mr. Barry Kenyon, who has acted as the honorary consul in Pattaya for a number of years, said the demand for consular services has increased dramatically in recent times and the British government decided to allocate funds for a permanent presence in the city. Previously, Barry Kenyon and his Thai assistants could be found conducting their business from a table in a coffee shop near …
-
Several months ago, when gas prices were so high, I heard a rumor that the baht buses in Pattaya were going to raise their prices. I guess that was just a rumor because I did not see anything in writing. I have not heard anymore of that rumor. I suppose the ten baht fare is going to be around for a while. Have you heard differently?