Gay Thailand
This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.
Subforums
11,067 topics in this forum
-
The Pattaya Daily News reported that the first 2 road deaths occurred at 2 am Jan 1 in Pattaya when 2 motorcycles collided. The pictures on the PDN web site shows that neither was wearing helmet. Fortunately these were the only road deaths in the dangerous 7 day period
-
- 3 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
Tonight my Thai friend and I will be celebrating at Oud's for awhile and then moving on to Dynamite and then to Xzyte. How about you? By the way, last night I was amazed at all the checkpoints police setup. Some were right at the exits of large discos. Not a bad place I thought
-
Here is calendar of Thai Public Holidays for 2009: from ThaiVisa.com Thailand Public Holidays 2009 January 1st (Thu) New Year's Day January 2nd (Fri) New Year's Day (added holiday) January 26th (Mon) Chinese New Year (not a public holiday, but some businesses close) February 9th (Mon) Makha Bucha April 6th (Mon) Chakri Day April 13th (Mon) Songkran April 14th (Tue) Songkran April 15th (Wed) Songkran May 1st (Fri) Labour Day May 5th (Tue) Coronation Day May 8th (Fri) Visakha Bucha July 1st (Wed) Mid Year Bank Holiday July 7th (Tue) Asanha Bucha July 8th (Wed) Khao Phansa - Beginning of Buddhist Lent August 12th (Wed) H.M. the Queen's…
-
Doug's Blog: A Canadian explorer in Thailand Doug, another active poster on the GayTingTong Forum has his own blog: "A Canadian Explorer in Thailand" http://freeblognetwork.com/doug/ Great read and extensive pictorial of Doug's life in Thailand. Thanks Doug for sharing your experiences and photos. tj
-
I saw a sign for New York Deli at the Major shopping mall. Has anyone tried this? Had a bagel there? Is it real Deli style food and good?
-
- 12 replies
- 3.1k views
-
-
A good read & great pics: TOQ's Blog TOQ - who is a frequent poster on the GayTingTong Board... has his own blog: TOQ's Adventures in Thailand... "An Expat living in Northern Thailand" ....and a frequent visitor to Pattaya and other Thailand places. from his blog entry of December, 2005... "It all started when I retired and moved to Nevada to live with a friend of mine. As it happened he was in Thailand when I moved to Nevada. He kept telling me I have to come to Pattaya and that I just would not believe it. I let him know that I had no interest in SE Asia and couldn't see any reason in going. He kept on and on till I fina…
-
i didn't know this so figured it might save someone some grief. My Retirement Visa needs to be rewed in April, 2009. But, my passport expires later this year. Luckily, I have now applied for a new passport and it will arrive before the time to renew my Retirement Visa. However, if I had failed to do so, I was told I would not have been allowed to renew my Retirement Visa as the passport must be valid for the entire year for which the visa is granted. So, make sure your passport is up to date and good for a year after you get your Retirement Visa.
-
For you tennis buffs, there will be a Pattaya Open Tennis tournament February 7 to February 15 at the Dusit Thani. Qualifying matches will be played on the 7 thru 9 of February. Ticket prices will vary from 200 baht to 1,000 baht. For more information check out www.pentanglepromotions.com
-
NEW PG Weekly Report for December 30, 2008 online... http://www.pgreport.com/ (select December 30 and click to read) CURRENT COMPILATION FOR THE 7 DAYS ENDING DECEMBER 30, 2008 PGReport.com is a sister publication of http://www.gayaffairspattaya.com To view this report in another language go to babelfish.altavista.com enter the URL for this page, as it appears on your browser, and select the language. This page was last edited on: December 30, 2008 PATTAYA NEWS & FORTHCOMING EVENTS The night the snow fell on Boyztown Christmas visit to the School for the Blind in Naklua What do the waiters do on Christmas Day Boyztown: 198…
-
I received this in an email this morning and thought I would pass it along. Warden Message: Holiday Celebrations American citizens traveling to or residing in Thailand during this holiday season are reminded that bombings have occurred in the country, including Bangkok specifically, during the New Year’s celebratory events in past years. Given Thailand’s experience with violence during this time of year and the currently dynamic political environment, American should remain vigilant of their surroundings at all times and exercise caution in areas of large public gatherings. American citizens are encouraged to avoid large public crowds whenever possib…
-
NEW PG Weekly Report for December 23rd now available: http://www.pgreport.com/ (select December 23 and click to read) PATTAYA NEWS & FORTHCOMING EVENTS Teddy Bear's Picnic 2008 Jing Jai Orphanage get their bears! Oscars Variety Show and Charity Fundraising Evening Oscars Christmas News & Events It will DEFINITELY snow in Boyz Town this Christmas Eve Guess who's 50 next month! Extra El Duo at Le Café Royale and other events Panorama New Year Lucky Draw Christmas and New Year at Amor Top Party at Wild West Boys Ozz Bar News Sam's Special Offers Bar La Cage News Sunee News White Night News Pattaya Players News Fa…
-
Thought it would be nice to take a few moments to remember our friends that have passed away in 2008. Just today found out that a long time friend and traveler to thailand by the name of Ben Kimbell passes away on Christmas Day in his Atlanta apartment.
-
- 7 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
I see that the exchange rate for the US dollar has broken 35 baht today. Maybe 36 by New Years???
-
- 26 replies
- 4.5k views
-
-
Does anyone know about the currency exchange rates when it comes to the USD Bank Notes? I remember the last time I was in Thailand there was usually a slightly higher exchange rate for present $100 Bank Notes compared to $50’s and $20’s, $10’s, etc. Are the exchange rates the same for USD $100’s and USD $50’s when going to the bank to convert to Thai Baht? I am leaving in 2 days for Thailand and have mostly $50’s. I want to make sure I get the most for my notes.
-
The following appears in PATTAYA ONE: _____ Italian Arrest Following Allegations of Sexual Assault of a 14 Year Old Boy Acting on an arrest warrant, Police from the Children and Woman’s Protection Division, based at Region 2 Police Headquarters in Chonburi, led by Police Lieutenant Colonel Gritar, arrested an Italian Man in Soi Sunee Plaza, South Pattaya following a complaint from a 14 year old boy who claimed he was sexually assaulted by the suspect, named as Mr. Massimo Mannari aged 49, a Chef from Italy. The suspect was taken back to his home in Soi Neun Pleub Wan where evidence was collected and he was then taken to the Region 2 Police Office in Chon…
-
The following two articles appear in THE NATION: _____ Red Shirt Protesters Block Access to Parliament Red shirt protesters blocked access to the Parliament and threw stones at vehicles leaving the venue after Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva won parliamentary votes to be new prime minister. They also threw stones and objects into the Parliament compound, forcing officials and reporters to cover themselves. A reporter was injured after a stone hit stone hit his nose. The stones and objects hit many vehicles, breaking their glasses and damaged them. An anti-riot police suffered head wound after an object hit his head. More police were depl…
-
Many of you are familiar with the wonderful restaurant, Cherry's. Many of you are also familiar with their daily special set dinner menu which includes everything from their excellent salad bar to terrific desserts. Every Sunday the set menu changes. They also give you an appetizer that's not even listed on the menu. If you prefer a different soup, they will change it to your preference upon request. This evening Geezer and I went to Cherry's. Now, on Sundays only, they offer their set menu for 250 baht! It's the same dinner that during weekdays is 450 baht. Same excellent quality. Same everything. The only difference is the price! It's a truly incredib…
-
Just a note to be very aware that on Air Asia you will pay for each Kilo over 15 kilo total (not per bag). They also keep you to 7 kilos on the one and I mean one carry on. You also pay for each checked bag as a service charge but can get a discount by prepaying on line with your ticket purchase. You sometimes can prepay the excess baggage charge online as well at a discount but I was unable to do this on my Kuala Lumpur to Phuket leg and was then nicked $100 overage. I prepaid my checked baggage charge but was not given the choice of the prepaid weight overage. Then from Phuket to Samui and from Samui to Pattaya I took BKK Air and had NO overage charge. BKK Air give…
-
For those of you who are in Pattaya, the "Pattaya Countdown Festival" is happening at Bali Hai Pier every night from now until December 31. If you like crowds, this is the place to be. The fireworks display is also nice. There are 13 Thai bands and many Thai celebrities taking part in this seven day extravaganza. The event is put on by Chonburi Provincial Council, the Pattaya City Hall, The TAT, and others. If you need more information you can call the Pattaya City Call Center at 1337.
-
There are many treats in life but one I really enjoy is watching the sunrise. Today, in Prachuab Khiri Khan my balcony was on the ocean. I slept to the waves and when I woke up the sun was starting to peak its way through the islands in front of me. It was magical. I sat in awe for many minutes and just took in each inch of the horizon. It is a beautiful city with a lot of quiet ways to enjoy life. The sunrise was spectacular. Where is the best sunrise you remember?
-
- 5 replies
- 2.1k views
-
-
Does anyone have reviews about Mercure hotel near 2nd road (soi 15) in Pattaya? Is it near the scene Boystown and Sunnee Plaza). And do they make any problem when I want to take more than 1 boy to my room Is the hotel gayfriendly? Maybe someone of you have a better hotel option. But it is essential for me that I have hotel whith swimmingpool and it is near Sunnee and Boystown. Thanks for your help and advice. Hans Holland
-
The following, including the photo, appears in the BANGKOK POST: http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/8533...-creating-alarm _____ Counterfeit Banknotes Creating Alarm By: POST REPORTERS Published: 23/12/2008 at 12:00 AM The public can bring charges against shops that refuse to accept 1,000 baht banknotes for fear they might be counterfeit, police say. Deputy Metropolitan Police chief Pol Maj-Gen Amnuay Nimmano said yesterday people who are issued counterfeit notes by ATMs can also file charges against banks with police. Banknote forgers would be liable to life imprisonment and people who knowingly pass fake notes face one to 15…
-
- 5 replies
- 2.5k views
-
-
Nova Platinum Hotel - South Pattaya...good rates! Recently a poster on this or other forums mentioned the great rate he received for the Nova Platinum Hotel in South Pattaya...an Amari Hotel... (a near new hotel formerly occupying the remodeled bowling alley building and property along Second Rd in So Pattaya - just past Soi VC on the west side). So I checked their website out via Agoda reservations and found this quote for room this month: at about US$49.00 nightly including all taxes, fees etc. http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/pattaya...inum_hotel.html Play with the dates and you will find availability even this New years Eve week :-) …
-
Where does someone get an International Driver's License if they only have a Thai Driver's License? Unfortunately my California State driver's license expired since retiring here.
-
- 23 replies
- 4.1k views
-
-
THAKSIN'S WEALTH Down to his last $500 million? Former PM hit by global slowdown, so $2 billion frozen in Thai banks is now more important Former PM hit by global slowdown, so $2 billion frozen in Thai banks is now more important Ex-prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra was believed to have $5 billion of overseas assets in nominal value as stock markets were peaking, oil was trading at US$140 a barrel and Middle East real estate was going up every day. But, with the collapse of the global financial markets and the commodity prices, Thaksin's core money is now believed to be worth not more than US$500 million. "By my calculations, the core money is not worth m…