Gay Thailand
This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.
Subforums
11,067 topics in this forum
-
The airport is open and flights are beginning to operate. However, the political problems are far from over. The rival parties are, of course, in a new dispute over who the next Prime Minister will be. Just to add fuel to the fire, Pojamon, Thaksin's technically ex-wife, is returning to Thailand. Her plane is due in at the very moment I'm writing this post. Of course, the rumors are already circulating as to why she is picking just now to return and why she is returning at all. The following appears in THE NATION: _____ Suvarnabhumi Airport Resumes Full Service Suvarnabhumi International Airport officially resumed full service again at 11am on Friday…
-
- 10 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
The title of this thread explains it. Friday, December 5 is His Majesty, the King's birthday. In Pattaya the bars will be closed. I imagine all bars throughout Thailand will do the same, out of respect. The White Night restaurant will also be closed. It will be only for the one night. On Saturday everything will be open.
-
My "How to Obtain the Retirement Visa" article is the most popular article I've ever written. The last time I revised it was in 2005. Since I revised the "How to Obtain the Thai Driver's License" article yesterday, this morning I sat down and revised the retirement visa article too. There have been a hell of a lot of rule and procedure changes since the last revision. If you don't already have the retirement visa, but want one, I urge you to read the article. If you already have the retirement visa, but have concerns about how to renew it or want to be familiar with the latest rules, I also urge you to read it. Rather than making you send an Email to me to o…
-
I spoke to a friend who has a Mac and uses Safari and he said he signs in and tries to post but it tells him he is not logged in. I test this on my computer and did not have the same issue. I also had a few friends test. Is anyone else having this issue? You can e-mail me at gaythailand@gmail.com Thanks.
-
The newspapers yesterday were full of comments from organisations who lost vast sums of money due to the closures, saying they will sue the PAD for zillions in losses. I for one reckon the responsible parties are the government and the Airports Authority of Thailand for completely failing in their duty to have proper and effective security in place in the country's essential transportation hubs. This is especially true following the earlier takeover of Phuket airport. But a second comment concerned me more (I did not note down the full details and so hope I have this more or less correct). A THAI spokesman claimed that the airline would be unable to claim against it…
-
The New York Times reports that, in April 2006, HM addressed the judges in a rare speech. He called the political situation at that time "a mess" and said, "you'd better discuss with others what solutions are available; otherwise the country will be in jeopardy". It would seem that the judges took his advice.
-
Members of an HIV/Aids network yesterday called on government and private organisations to stop compulsory HIV testing for job applicants and employees. Here the link:http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2008/12/02/national/national_30089925.php
-
Has anyone ever had the experience of dating a boy and then having to meet the BF that MOM is dating? Mom's BF is, of course, a straight white guy, lol and about your age, hahhaha! This is too f-ing wierd..... I think I'll avoid this encounter, lol! I'm not even sure which part makes me the most uncomfortable............don't think I'll even ponder it........... But has anyone been through something like this before?
-
I have taken friends to this sea side seafood restaurant before and each time I do they think it is really great seafood for a good price. Preecha seafood is located right on the sea in Ban Ampure. To get there simply take Suhkumvit Road south (away from Bangkok) until you pass Ambassador City Hotel. At the very next light turn right and just follow the road. You will see it in the right. It is a large open air place. I really like their lobster in garlic sauce and crab fried rice.
-
- 0 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
Special thanks to TLP for being willing to help us with Moderation. He is a great guy and spends most of his time in Bangkok and the USA and Canada. I met with him when I was in Bangkok for dinner one night and had a great time. I have known him for a few years and though he rarely posts, he is always sending me PM's and e-mails about Thailand. Thanks for being will to help us TLP. This comes at a perfect time as I will be away from computers for about a month and I know GayButton and Stef can use the assistance.
-
I had to be in Chiang Mai next week and wanted to come early to enjoy some of the guys here. So, I jumped into a van and had him drive me to Chiang Mai from Pattaya. There were no airports open and I was told the train was a pain so i just hired a van. He arrived on time at 8:30 AM and I got my things into the van and off we went. I tried to lay down and take a nap but he was all over the roads. He was going over 150. I grunted every time we hit a bump but he didn't get the message. So, I asked him nicely to slow down. He did until I closed my eyes and off he went again. We played this game for a long time until I gave up. Unfortunately, he had no sea…
-
I'll be spending a day and night in this city. Any suggestions on things I need to see or do? Any gay areas or bars?
-
I'll be spending a night and a day in this city. Any suggestions for things I need to see? Any bars or places where gays go?
-
- 1 reply
- 1.2k views
-
-
I'll be spending a day and night in this city. Any suggestions of things I need to see or do? Any gay areas or bars?
-
- 1 reply
- 2.6k views
-
-
I'll be staying overnight in this city with a day to explore the area. Any suggestions on things to see or do that I should not miss out on? Any gay areas or bars?
-
The following appears on the Thai Airways web site: (see: http://www.thaiair.com/Homepage/announce/sbia_situation.htm ) _____ From 5 December 2008 at 11.00 hrs. onwards, Thai Airways International will resume normal flight operations (3 digits flight number) at Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi International Airport. _____ If you go to the link above, scroll down to see their flight schedules.
-
- 0 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
There is a short video entitled "Who's the Next Prime Minister" on THE NATION web site. It's done in English. They never say who is doing this video, but from the looks of the background it appears to me to be an editorial coming from the newspaper staff. Anyway, I thought it was an interesting take on the way many Thais see things. If you're interested, the link is: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/specials/n...s&cateid=13
-
- 2 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
I posted this as part of another post I wrote in a different thread. In case you missed it, I'm re-posting here, so that those of you stranded in Pattaya are aware that help is available. I'm sure others who live in Pattaya will try to come to the rescue too if you are stranded and need some help: _____ If any readers here are stranded in Pattaya, I have a car. If you need any help, all you have to do is contact me and I'll do what I can for you. Just send an Email to me at gaybutton@gmail.com . That's the quickest way to contact me. If you have a telephone number and let me know what it is, I'll call you. If you don't have a phone, let me know that and I'll repl…
-
- 5 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
While in Bumrungrad Hospital last week 2 guys brought flowers to my room. Now what made this so special is that I live in Pattaya and had met one of them once at a birthday party for his cousin. The other I knew a little better as I had gone with him and his farang boyfriend to dinner a few times before the farang went back to the USA. How they knew I was there is still a mystery to me, and they weren't telling. But it sure made me happy! Forget the demonstrations and airport closures. The real joy of living in Thailand are the wonderful Thais and great expats that I have met
-
A mobile passport service will be in Pattaya through December 7. Normally, a boyfriend living in Pattaya would have to go to Bangkok to arrange for a passport, but for the next few days he can get one right here in Pattaya. The following appears in PATTAYA ONE: _____ Mobile Passport Application Center Opens On Wednesday Morning, we made our way to the Nusa Playa Hotel located in Soi 13 off Jomtien Beach Road to check-out the Mobile Passport Application Unit which has come here to the Pattaya area until 7th December. This is great news for local Thai’s who would normally have to travel to Bang Na in the outskirts of Bangkok to make the application. …
-
- 0 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
The original thread has been "unpinned" because it was getting lengthy. This thread is for airport situation information only. If you wish to post responses or opinions, please do so on other threads, but not this one. The PATTAYA DAILY NEWS has a very good article, with photos, showing the situation at the U-Tapao airport. As many of you know, the U-Tapao airport is normally a quiet airport. Right now, things are a little different there. Scroll down to the end of the article. There is an excellent 3.5 minute video that shows what's going on at U-Tapao. http://www.pattayadailynews.com/shownews.p...NEWS=0000007917 You can also find additiona…
-
The following appears in the BANGKOK POST: _____ Pause in the Battle By Achara Ashayagachat Although it was much anticipated, the Constitution Court's verdict dissolving the three coalition parties is not likely to put an end to Thailand's protracted political crisis. At best, it may provide a brief calm to the heated strife until parliament reconvenes next week for an extraordinary session to select a new prime minister. Whether parliament is able to reconvene will depend on the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD). The situation may explain the PAD's withdrawal from Government House, which it had illegally occupied for more than three mo…
-
Hi All! Other than George's meet and greet on the 13th what other events during December are there? Is there a calendar somewhere of special things happening for the Holiday's? I guess with all the drama at the airport that things may have been put on hold but surely there are some events planned still!?
-
Bangkok Airlines has announced their new temporary flight schedule. For those who wish to have it, the download link is: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/specials/03-12-2008.xls Note that it is in Microsoft Excel format.
-
- 0 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
The White Night Christmas Day Turkey Dinner Served “Family Style” at two sittings, 6.30pm & 9.00pm. * * * * Complimentary Bucks Fizz. * Tomato Soup or Asparagus Soup. * Waldorf Salad. * Roast Turkey, Traditional Sage and Onion Stuffing, Chipolata Sausages, Cranberry Sauce, Bread Sauce and Rich Gravy. * A selection of seasonal vegetables including; Roast Potatoes, Mashed Potato, Peas, Carrots, Broccoli, Cauliflower and Sprouts. * A sweet selection to include; Christmas Pudding, Mince Pies, Sherry Trifle, Chocolate Mousse, Fresh Fruit Salad with Brandy Sauce, Custard and Cream. * A small digestive drink and T…
-
- 6 replies
- 1.8k views
-